Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UpfrontSalmon
Nov 4, 2011

I prefer the term "Battle FROG."

More people should only be catchphrase over it lends a pretty good atmosphere to things

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Alouicious posted:

can't state how fuckin happy i am they went back to the old vest and pants

Opening segment and match aside, it does come across like they at least listened to the criticisms of how he's been presented. He's back to a better, more intimidating look, he's a taciturn, lone-wolf badass that doesn't care if other babyfaces like him, he just wants to win and beat up those who wrong him, and he goes out and destroys the heels. It's NOT THAT HARD!

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Gaz-L posted:

Opening segment and match aside, it does come across like they at least listened to the criticisms of how he's been presented. He's back to a better, more intimidating look, he's a taciturn, lone-wolf badass that doesn't care if other babyfaces like him, he just wants to win and beat up those who wrong him, and he goes out and destroys the heels. It's NOT THAT HARD!

This. I'm still a bit hesitant to turn around and say that everything's amazing again, but the way things were booked last night was...not bad? With Roman, for sure, but even with some of the other angles — it's like they suddenly realized that continuity and logical character motivation are good things to have when you're telling a story.

It's sad that achieving the barebones fundamentals of Storytelling 101 is cause for praise, but I'll take it.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

UpfrontSalmon posted:

More people should only be catchphrase over it lends a pretty good atmosphere to things

Reigns was very catchphrase over with that Philly crowd. They kept chanting "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH"

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

UpfrontSalmon posted:

For a company so obsessed with the visual they don't seem to put much stock into the visual of an entire arena getting behind one man or an entire arena booing the guy they're trying to get over.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

I can't believe they still refuse to show a good angle of Bryan's knee. Jesus Christ.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Orgophlax posted:

I can't believe they still refuse to show a good angle of Bryan's knee. Jesus Christ.

That would be because if they did, you'd either see it comes nowhere near the guy's head, or he'd really be kneeing them in the goddamn face.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Gaz-L posted:

That would be because if they did, you'd either see it comes nowhere near the guy's head, or he'd really be kneeing them in the goddamn face.

Makes me wish he just did Shinsuke Nakamura's Boma Ye knee instead and it just took a couple to put a guy away as it does in New Japan.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I kinda liked the one he did last night. You can tell there's an impact since Bryan bounces off of Rollins and gets spun 90 degrees. I just wanna see him run at people full force and do 720s when he deflects off them.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gonzo McFee posted:

For a company so obsessed with the visual they don't seem to put much stock into the visual of an entire arena getting behind one man or an entire arena booing the guy they're trying to get over.

The guy who 'they don't see as their top guy'.

Vince, you dumbass.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The lights weren't high enough on the broadcast to tell but being in a crowd of people, literally everyone of them pumping their arms up and down while Daniel Bryan does the same, is the most surreal experience of my life.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
... And WWE decide to push The Rock's cousin instead.
Why, Vince, why?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Say Nothing posted:

Why, Vince, why?

Answer is right in front of you.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That sure did wonders for Rosey.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Man I need some NXT gifs after that episode, holy poo poo. The dropkick into the turnbuckle specifically from the Hideo/Finn match, but the gts/bloody sunday teases would be great too.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Say Nothing posted:

Why, Vince, why?

According to Meltzer, they're not actually related.

Say Nothing posted:

The guy who 'they don't see as their top guy'.

Vince, you dumbass.

Still an incredible thing to see.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ghostpilot posted:

According to Meltzer, they're not actually related.

Not by blood, but the Anoa'i family very much sees Peter Maivia as an uncle and the Rock and Roman identify as cousins.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flatluigi posted:

Man I need some NXT gifs after that episode, holy poo poo. The dropkick into the turnbuckle specifically from the Hideo/Finn match, but the gts/bloody sunday teases would be great too.

Goddamn, I need that turnbuckle dropkick too. That was nuts.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

NXT gifs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Man, that looks like it sucked.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Carmella is spoiling the sawfness and needs to go away.

Heideo Kojima and Prince Balor are great.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
When is he gonna get to the fireworks factory do the Go 2 Sleep? :f5:

ironcladfolly
May 22, 2007

Devil's Favorite Doggie

Gaz-L posted:

When is he gonna get to the fireworks factory do the Go 2 Sleep? :f5:

I pop like a damned sucker every time he teases it, even though I know he's saving it for TakeOver.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Ghostpilot posted:

Man, that looks like it sucked.
Even if it was worked I could probably see Trips chewing them out in the back. That's a Ziggler bump

Itami also busted up Balor, but that happens and I would be very surprised if Balor cared at all

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Could I get a gif of the rope-sitting in the Carmella/Emma match? That was a pretty great heel moment.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

uncleKitchener posted:

Carmella is spoiling the sawfness and needs to go away.

I'm pretty sure we're supposed to hate her. I'm worried it's going to lead to Enzo or Cass turning on each other because of her instead of just realizing she sucks and disavowing her, possibly replacing her with Blue Pants at this point.

someusername
Jan 26, 2015
Hideo hit that corner like a fuckin rag doll, I yelled out loud in pain when I first saw it.

Emma needs a new gimmick. She's too good for this silly bit, and it's obvious that they know it too.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm pretty sure we're supposed to hate her. I'm worried it's going to lead to Enzo or Cass turning on each other because of her instead of just realizing she sucks and disavowing her, possibly replacing her with Blue Pants at this point.

I totally get it, but why turn these two? They're not some unstoppable force where if one screws up, their whole synergy is ruined and they'd be prone to turns.

Also, she's goddamn awful and I'd rather not see her as heel valet or manager for either of them since they can both outshine her in all aspects.

However, I'd be okay if she a valet for one of the roster monsters or the hype man (whatever his name is), possibly after turning on Enzo and Cass.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

uncleKitchener posted:

I totally get it, but why turn these two? They're not some unstoppable force where if one screws up, their whole synergy is ruined and they'd be prone to turns.

Also, she's goddamn awful and I'd rather not see her as heel valet or manager for either of them since they can both outshine her in all aspects.

However, I'd be okay if she a valet for one of the roster monsters or the hype man (whatever his name is), possibly after turning on Enzo and Cass.

They should have her replace Becky in Team B.A.E. post-Rival.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Can someone GIF the KENTA Rush from this week's episode, or maybe the one he did on Breeze in episode 260?

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Enzo and Cass were entertaining when they'd come up and say random stuff that made little sense. They've just been doing the same lines over and over since Carmella joined. :rip:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Smackdown gifs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

That is the first time I have seen the BMZ. And it is glorious!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

flatluigi posted:

Could I get a gif of the rope-sitting in the Carmella/Emma match? That was a pretty great heel moment.

She usually checks her nails while doing it which is hilarious and one of the few good things about her.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

was cesaro just wearing a jacket and a scarf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
huh this isn't the right thread

Dear lord what did I miss.

Lant fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 6, 2015