Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Covok posted:

How does Kubo manage to pack so little into a chapter? It's actually an impressive feat. It constantly shocks me how little occurs every week.
By showing shitload of characters taking one step and saying one dialogue before repeat it on another character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

He has no idea how to move his plot along so he just introduces new characters at an accidental plot slowdown to give the appearance that something has happened. In reality this gums up everything even worse and slows the story down even more.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Mulderman posted:

He also ate monk dudes attacks and just "revived" becauselolbleach.

How does understanding you're being slapped between 2 giant hands help you avoid/ignore it

Yeah, that was stupid. Regardless of what abilities he activated after the fact, he got crushed by two gigantic hands while having the power and life force of an ant. He should have been pulped. I suppose you could just say that he didn't in fact have the power/life force of an ant and that the monk's ability didn't actually work on him, but that too is silly, because the monk's other abilities certainly worked on him.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Bach quickly scribbled "man" onto the name right before the hit, so he actually had the power and life force of a black antman.

Stoph
Mar 19, 2006

Give a hug - save a life.
None of that fight makes sense. Ywach impaled himself with an arrow hard enough to send him flying back onto the platform and he was totally cool about it.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.
Calling it now, Kenpachi vs Super Viking.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Maybe Bach doesn't really understand how his power works because if he did he would defeat himself or something I think that's how this works.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

New chapter: http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/614

Nice job Ichigo.

Laughing Zealot fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Feb 5, 2015

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

It was just a diagonal cut, he should be fine.

I can't be the only one who laughed at Love's line regarding Kensei, Rose and Shinji working hard.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well done Ichigo.

but yeah yeah diagonal cut.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Lol Ichigo

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Ok, all the stupid magic eyes and dumb bullshit was worth it for that. I really didn't expect Bach to have such a fantastic "oops" plan.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Realized when Ywach got his crazy eyes that the SK's eyes are the same and he doesnt have some asymptotical white iris. Makes sense.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
So I guess the astral realm spirit world and the human world are going to merge now?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I can't wait for another thrilling round of "Ichigo runs to where he needs to go".

for a guy whose superpower is superspeed, ichigo sure is slow

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Feb 5, 2015

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
Perhaps there's going to be a time skip and the last arc will carry on in a "10 years later" fashion where everything has collapsed in to ruin and all plains of existence are one

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Ywach is fun for getting something over on some jokers, but he just isn't as fun as Aizen.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

seizure later posted:

Perhaps there's going to be a time skip and the last arc will carry on in a "10 years later" fashion where everything has collapsed in to ruin and all plains of existence are one

I want this.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

seizure later posted:

so 21st century boys

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
So, was the soul king always an amputated husk? I thought he had butterfly wings the last time he was seen(before being stabbed).

Secondly, the translation for Mangastream_Zaraki is hilarious:

quote:

As long as I can rape everything that stands in my way, I'll have a big loving grin on this face of mine

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Didn't they have Kenpachi saying he'd popped a boner during a fight or something? Yeah...

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Postal Parcel posted:

Secondly, the translation for Mangastream_Zaraki is hilarious:

wow so badass, thanks mangastream

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I was wondering when someone would bring that up. Ugh.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What exactly is this thing with manga and freaky eyes? Is it some Japanese cultural thing?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It's just easier to draw.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Postal Parcel posted:

So, was the soul king always an amputated husk? I thought he had butterfly wings the last time he was seen(before being stabbed).

He was only ever shown once before then, wasn't it? It looks like he had limbs in his first appearance, though. Strange.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Say Nothing posted:

What exactly is this thing with manga and freaky eyes? Is it some Japanese cultural thing?

freaky eyes is anime code for "i am better than u"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Eyes have huge amounts of symbolism throughout history and literature, it shouldn't be a surprise.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The eyes are the windows to the soul.

So YWACH's soul is like, a bunch of :rolleyes: I guess which encapsulates the general attitude of the viewer toward the manga or at least his attitude?

Bleach is getting weirdly meta

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Imagine all the little orbs falling out like a game of powerball.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

When does Ichigo get special eyes?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

slev posted:

When does Ichigo get special eyes?

He's actually had his Hollow third eyelid closed this whole time. Now he's going to open his eyes fully and reveal even crazier eyes.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

His hollow form (mask up, by falling off) showed it changes his eyes when he's powered up, and they don't change til the power up completely fails, iirc (Tite doesn't remember either, though, in my defense)

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

well this should almost certainly set Aizen free

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Aizen was never imprisoned. He's a clever bastard.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Next chapter reveals it was Momo who was actually stabbed. Aizen walks from out behind a curtain slow clapping. He says just as planned and Bleach ends.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yhwach, look at me with your special eyes.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Bacontotem posted:

Next chapter reveals it was Momo who was actually stabbed. Aizen walks from out behind a curtain slow clapping. He says just as planned and Bleach ends.

How many dozens of times has this thread named endings to the series that would legitimately be better endings than we're going to get?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Advice posted:

How many dozens of times has this thread named endings to the series that would legitimately be better endings than we're going to get?
Exactly as many times as people have named endings to the series because we're probably going to get a truly terrible ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I realize it's probably a reference to the name of God but YWACH just makes me think "YUCK" whenever I read his name, so it's like the thread title is expressing disgust that Bleach has gone this long.

• Locked thread