Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Syncopated posted:

Wait, is his imdb page lying or was he actually on star trek voyager? What the gently caress

Oh, yeah. Iirc, they dressed him up for cast photos but at the last minute threw him in as a non-speaking extra.

Serious Trekkie. The guy's even helping put together a $1.5b Star Trek theme park on their coast.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Feb 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Two Finger posted:

orbital bombardment please

Mass drivers? They have been outlawed by every civilized planet!

These are uncivilized times.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Accretionist posted:

Oh, yeah. Iirc, they dressed him up for cast photos but at the last minute threw him in as a non-speaking extra.

Serious Trekkie. The guy's even helping put together a $1.5b Star Trek theme park on their coast.
He wasn't allowed to speak because he's not in SAG.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Casimir Radon posted:

He wasn't allowed to speak because he's not in SAG.

Aristocratic privilege ain't what it used to be

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Equine Don posted:

Nice package

you know that a staffer tossed a tube sock in there or something

bij
Feb 24, 2007

It's pretty funny that no one wants to bring up abortion clinic bombings and poo poo like the Tiller murder when talking about Christian extremism and terrorism.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Basically GiP's ideal future
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O8Q0eTf0pk

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Potential BFF posted:

It's pretty funny that no one wants to bring up abortion clinic bombings and poo poo like the Tiller murder when talking about Christian extremism and terrorism.

In 2015 I'm extremely unlikely to die by way of terrorism, but I'm really unlikely to die by way of Christian terrorism. That's probably why.

Unless Christians have been hijacking or blowing up airplanes, razing entire geographical areas, and producing slick videos of beheadings for decades straight and I've been missing it somehow, I don't see the equivalence. Do Christians do lovely stuff all over the world still? Yup, but not with the pure style Islamic radicals do.

Maybe they should work on that if they wanna play in the big leagues.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Potential BFF posted:

Is it funny or is it just that abortion clinic bombings are nowhere near matching even a fraction of the amount of Islamic terrorism that goes on throughout the world

Americans obviously dont' have much to worry about but god drat you can't overemphasize how much extremist Muslims just seems to love brutally murdering other Muslims

Maybe they should read D&D and learn that their real enemy is Western Imperialism and not that nice cafe on the corner

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Booblord Zagats posted:

It's not a true gunship until it's sporting something weighing in at atleast 105mm

Aren't we looking to remove them from ours when we re configure them? Thought I read that here actually.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

In 2015 I'm extremely unlikely to die by way of terrorism, but I'm really unlikely to die by way of Christian terrorism. That's probably why.

Unless Christians have been hijacking or blowing up airplanes, razing entire geographical areas, and producing slick videos of beheadings for decades straight and I've been missing it somehow, I don't see the equivalence. Do Christians do lovely stuff all over the world still? Yup, but not with the pure style Islamic radicals do.

Maybe they should work on that if they wanna play in the big leagues.

I should have been clearer originally, I was being snide in reference to the hubbub about Obama at the prayer breakfast. Trolling the prayer breakfast, which shouldn't exist in the first place, is fine with me but he should have gone all out and focused on the numerous incidents in the past few decades of homegrown nutjobs killin people for Jesus instead of the crusades.

poo poo like Waco, McVeigh, and the Army of God don't get talked about enough and we are waaaaay too gentle with our domestic extremist fuckwits. Shoulda dropped a 2000lb or two on Ruby Ridge.

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Is it funny or is it just that abortion clinic bombings are nowhere near matching even a fraction of the amount of Islamic terrorism that goes on throughout the world

Americans obviously dont' have much to worry about but god drat you can't overemphasize how much extremist Muslims just seems to love brutally murdering other Muslims

Maybe they should read D&D and learn that their real enemy is Western Imperialism and not that nice cafe on the corner

My disdain for domestic god-botherer shitheads shouldn't be taken as a lessening of my resolute desire to level every single mud hut in Raqqa. The only problem with Imperialism is that it stopped and now we're seeing the consequences of giving muds self-determination.

bij fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 7, 2015

CMD598
Apr 12, 2013

Tremblay posted:

Aren't we looking to remove them from ours when we re configure them? Thought I read that here actually.

IIRC, last I read they were the best guns on the AC-130s.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Potential BFF posted:

poo poo like Waco, McVeigh, and the Army of God don't get talked about enough and we are waaaaay too gentle with our domestic extremist fuckwits. Shoulda dropped a 2000lb or two on Ruby Ridge.

yep thats what we need, more talk about extremely isolated poo poo that happened 20 years ago

also theres only been ~8 murders in america linked with anti abortion shitheads, which is way lower than what i figured so thanks for making me go find out how much of a nonfactor it really is

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

CMD598 posted:

IIRC, last I read they were the best guns on the AC-130s.

Depends on what you mean by "best." Pretty sure the trainable 40mm was the most accurate.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Before it gets said: The OKC bombing, while committed by a Christian, really wasn't religiously motivated in the slightest

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Christian fundies are lmaotastic but if you're a loner with daddy issues then globalization lets you join Islamic State. Think globally act locally etc.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

yep thats what we need, more talk about extremely isolated poo poo that happened 20 years ago

also theres only been ~8 murders in america linked with anti abortion shitheads, which is way lower than what i figured so thanks for making me go find out how much of a nonfactor it really is

The abortion folks are more about arson.

That poo poo still exists with the weirdo militia, Christian Identity, and Dominionists. Granted these groups probably consist mostly of FBI informants these days but poo poo like the Bundy standoff and those idiots that shot cops and then themselves over it all bubble up from the same spring of idiocy. It's not like we're all suddenly going to forget to (rightfully) drop pain on dusty hellholes if there's a bit of effort devoted to exposing how much asinine poo poo our local fuckheads believe. Crazy people spurting dopey religious crap is bad for business regardless of what the religion is.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Before it gets said: The OKC bombing, while committed by a Christian, really wasn't religiously motivated in the slightest

Yea he was a militia type but the Waco siege is what set him off, not the religious aspect but the idea of the Fed's siege in general.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Booblord Zagats posted:

Well,

quote:

In his letter, McVeigh said he was an agnostic but that he would "improvise, adapt and overcome", if it turned out there was an afterlife. "If I'm going to hell," he wrote, "I'm gonna have a lot of company."

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Don't know if it's true, but an old CO of mine claimed that there's a picture of SGT McVeigh at the engineer sapper school at Ft. Leonard Wood because he was the soldier of the quarter or whatever gay poo poo.

My CO was probably full of poo poo :shrug:

Mike-o fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 7, 2015

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

All COs are full of poo poo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mike-o posted:

Don't know if it's true, but an old CO of mine claimed that there's a picture of SGT McVeigh at the engineer sapper school at Ft. Leonard Wood because he was the soldier of the quarter or whatever gay poo poo.

My CO was probably full of poo poo :shrug:

We were always told at Fort Sam that he went through Foxtrot Company for medic training. But he was never a medic at all.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
Little tidbit about McViegh from my alcohol blurred memories of reading the Army Times in my office.

McViegh wanted to be a snake eater, but Desert Storm happened, and when he got back, he was overweight, couldn't shed the weight, and got kicked out for being a fatass.

Then went and blew up OK City, and the investigators figured that the governnment and the recruiters office was his target, because, according to interviews with people who were stationed with him and deployed with him to Desert Storm, he was a fat, mouth breathing, "I'll be SF any day, you'll see!" kind of motherfucker who everyone hated.

Wikipedia, Your Anime Resource posted:

In May 1988, at age 20 McVeigh graduated from U.S. Army Infantry School at Fort Benning, Georgia.[13] While in the military, McVeigh used much of his spare time to read about firearms, sniper tactics, and explosives.[14] McVeigh was reprimanded by the military for purchasing a "White Power" T-shirt at a Ku Klux Klan protest against black servicemen who wore "Black Power" T-shirts around the army base.[15]

McVeigh was awarded a Bronze Star for his service in the first Gulf War. He was a top-scoring gunner with the 25mm cannon of the Bradley Fighting Vehicles used by the 1st Infantry Division to which he was assigned.[16] He was stationed at Fort Riley, Kansas, before being deployed on Operation Desert Storm with the Division.

Speaking of his experience in Iraq in an interview before his execution, documented in McVeigh's authorized biography American Terrorist: Timothy McVeigh & the Tragedy at Oklahoma City, he stated he decapitated an Iraqi soldier with cannon fire on his first day in the war and celebrated. He said he later was shocked to be ordered to execute surrendering prisoners and to see carnage on the road leaving Kuwait City after U.S. troops routed the Iraqi army.

McVeigh aspired to join the United States Army Special Forces (SF). After returning from the Gulf War, he entered the selection program to become an SF soldier, but quit after his psychological profile categorized him as unsuitable for SF.[17] Shortly thereafter, McVeigh decided to leave the Army. He was discharged on December 31, 1991.[18]

For his service in the Army, McVeigh received several awards including the Bronze Star Medal,[1] National Defense Service Medal,[19] Southwest Asia Service Medal,[20] Army Service Ribbon,[20] and the Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia)

Fat boy was full of poo poo to the last.

From what someone told me who was supposedly in the Big Red Dumb with him, he was pretty much enlisted.txt and a worthless shitbag shammer that they'd started his chapter paperwork before Desert Storm, and as soon as they got back, resubmitted that poo poo as soon as they realized that he was still a worthless fucker.

Oh, and Waco? gently caress those assholes. I was at Hood at the time. That poo poo was on the news constantly and was a goddamn headache.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

That's what we need, more talk about extremely isolated poo poo that happened 13 and a half years ago. There's also been ~5 murders related to terrorism in America linked to Islamic shitheads since 2001, which is exactly what I figured because I'm not a retard and I bother to keep up with the news.

psydude fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 7, 2015

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Crazy white and black people with guns shooting up movie theaters, military bases, and elementary schools have killed more people on American soil than crazy Muslims in the past 13 years. Clearly Islamic terrorists need to adjust their tactics.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

quote:

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

psydude posted:

Crazy white and black people with guns shooting up movie theaters, military bases, and elementary schools have killed more people on American soil than crazy Muslims in the past 13 years. Clearly Islamic terrorists need to adjust their tactics.

loving Anti-Vaxxers and Jenny McCarthy flapping her hamburger eating device about poo poo she doesn't understand have killed more people in the last 5 years than mudder turrusts have killed in America in the last 13.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

Nostalgia4ColdWar posted:

loving Anti-Vaxxers and Jenny McCarthy flapping her hamburger eating device about poo poo she doesn't understand have killed more people in the last 5 years than mudder turrusts have killed in America in the last 13.

To be fair, I'd be more than willing to forgive McCarthy of all transgressions against humanity if she wrapped those hamburger eating lips around mah diiiick.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For real though. Batshit or not, she's hot as hell.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Islamic extremists have a really lovely k/d ratio when you think about it, they mostly poo poo where they eat but make such a big deal about how awful they are to one another that it's easy to make a case for smoking them. Level Raqqa and gas the debris then we can move on to working up some way to sweeten the optics of dropping a hellfire on an antivax measles reservoir at a charter school or some dude speaking in tongues and handling snakes.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
They have a great KDR when it comes to killing civilians.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

ded posted:

They have a great KDR when it comes to killing civilians.

Their own maybe and if you're counting those as actual people then we'll just be talking past one another.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Well by civilians I really mean 'browns not currently shooting at us/cutting off heads".

bij
Feb 24, 2007

ded posted:

Well by civilians I really mean 'browns not currently shooting at us/cutting off heads".

You could probably get an accurate "allies of the week" prediction by just throwing darts at a wall map of the Middle East and going with whoever lives where you stick it.

I blame Chechens for the upswing in head stuff.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

USMC503 posted:

For real though. Batshit or not, she's hot as hell.

She's more botox than human these days.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

Zeroisanumber posted:

She's more botox than human these days.

I am ok with this.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

gfanikf posted:

They actually have AC-130s iirc.

Edit: Maybe not, I swore I read this somewhere.

Not AC-130s but they do have gunship kits for a couple of their C-235s and are in the process of getting some gunship kits for their larger C-295s.

e;fb

Stultus Maximus posted:

I had actual friends of mine saying that the celebrations of Bin Laden's lead poisoning were "tasteless."
smdh

To be fair, most of those "celebrations" were a bunch of drunken frat boys partying about killing some muslim who blew something up or whatever a few years ago who cares he was brown and let's get drunk gently caress it, so in all seriousness yeah I rolled my eyes pretty hard at all that poo poo.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Its because those things happened 100s of years ago and nobody alive thinks they were awesome things. So he looks like a deflecting apologist. A huge tool thing to say when horrific atrocities are happening literally this second and comparing it to things that happened 100s of years ago no one alive thinks is cool just to go "neener neener we do it too maybe were the real monsters" horseshit. Hes the most embarassing president in living memory and Bush was a two termer.

He also made mention of the fact that Christianity was used to justify Jim Crow, which is a thing that didn't happen hundreds of years ago, in fact it's arguably still going on today.

It is, in fact, possible to acknowledge that the US (and others) have done some really lovely things in the name of religion while also acknowledging that ISIS is a still a bunch of gently caress-heads.

But yeah keep ranting about how that Obummer is terrible and a loving dictator, but man that unelected King of Jordan is awesome also kill all muslims gently caress browns

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Feb 7, 2015

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

iyaayas01 posted:

But yeah keep ranting about how that Obummer is terrible and a loving dictator, but man that unelected King of Jordan is awesome also kill all muslims gently caress browns

The only people using Obummer and Obongo in this thread is you.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Tremblay posted:

Yeah because it's not nearly as capable as being able to put a couple Viper Strikes or Griffins on the target.

Modular PGM kits are the future with gunships.

The only people using Obummer and Obongo in this thread is you.

Seen it from plenty of others who express views basically identical to yours

Tell me how awesome Jordan's unelected king is compared to that evil fascist dictator we have in the White House

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

iyaayas01 posted:

Seen it from plenty of others who express views basically identical to yours

Tell me how awesome Jordan's unelected king is compared to that evil fascist dictator we have in the White House

What the gently caress are you talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

What the gently caress are you talking about.

The fact that lots of people with views very similar to yours have been jerking themselves raw over the fact that Jordan's (unelected, dictatorial) king did some tough talk on ISIS including quoting Clint Eastwood*, which means that clearly he's an ideal leader vs that (elected) traitor in the WH

* According to a singular GOP Congressman source, as reported by noted news sources Washington Examiner and the Daily Mail

• Locked thread