Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Meinberg is cool guys.

:(

So did scum use their bus driver to switch PMom with somebody or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Abyssal Squid posted:

What

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Abyssal Squid posted:

Is this even english?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Oh, I guess they do have a bus driver now. Hmm.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Since I can't be sure today won't end while I'm busy tonight...

##vote hurt

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I see, the reason I didn't understand it was because he quoted me and what he said didn't have anything to do with what he quoted.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

CapitalistPig posted:

Is this even english?

Unless Asiina killed HiipFire, scum has a bus driver, I thought maybe they'd switched PMom with someone (someone who was probably scum).

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Well it's a valid question (though I would have gone to Godfather first - I don't think I would have been a good target for a bus driver on the night I was investigated) - do you get the name of your target back when you receive your results?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Yeah my bad, I'd meant to ask about it yesterday re this:

CapitalistPig posted:

Guys I have a strong feeling pinmom is a good guy.

##vote gamer

Pinterest Mom posted:

Oh my god you wasted an investigation on an obvious townie.

But the day ended before I got a chance to get back to the thread.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

Well it's a valid question (though I would have gone to Godfather first - I don't think I would have been a good target for a bus driver on the night I was investigated) - do you get the name of your target back when you receive your results?

In my mind I see CPig investigating scum, but they switched you with the target so his investigation hits you, and then he's coy about what happened because Reasons idk. Figured it might have thrown off other people with night actions too.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

kumba, who did you watch the other nights?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
cpig every night but the first where i targeted ernie

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Abyssal Squid posted:

In my mind I see CPig investigating scum, but they switched you with the target so his investigation hits you, and then he's coy about what happened because Reasons idk. Figured it might have thrown off other people with night actions too.

this didn't happen fyi

pmom could still be a godfather but no one busdrove cpig or cpig's targets

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I don't understand what is happening and I don't get why Gamer didn't flip scum. :C

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Quidnose posted:

I don't understand what is happening and I don't get why Gamer didn't flip scum. :C

Because he wasn't lying about his mason claim :/

If Kumba's a town watcher, that makes me think CMast is a scum tracker. I'm not sure what to think about PMom, because I was fairly convinced he was the doctor because he wouldn't tell us why he was so sure scum has a juggernaut kill.

We should kill hurt today.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

Because he wasn't lying about his mason claim :/

If Kumba's a town watcher, that makes me think CMast is a scum tracker. I'm not sure what to think about PMom, because I was fairly convinced he was the doctor because he wouldn't tell us why he was so sure scum has a juggernaut kill.

We should kill hurt today.

I don't think soft claiming doctor would be a great idea.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I would still love to hear why you think they have a juggernaut given that their kill failed N3 and they specifically targeted the doctor N4 after I outed him (sorry bergerstein)

If they had a jugg they would have been much, MUCH better off keeping meinberg alive and WIFOM my claim to hell and back, and yet here we are

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I don't need to claim right now, and I'd rather not.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Pinmom is confirmed town to me. If Pinmom feels it best not to claim,
I understand.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somber or Circl should be your next investigation target, right? Kumba watches you tonight, so you won't be the NK target, and we'll get another result tomorrow.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Somber or Circl should be your next investigation target, right? Kumba watches you tonight, so you won't be the NK target, and we'll get another result tomorrow.

yep

##vote doctor hurt

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i will be very surprised if i live through the night so don't count on me getting any more useful info

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kumbamontu posted:

i will be very surprised if i live through the night so don't count on me getting any more useful info

Yeah you're basically a meat shield for Cpig now

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i still haven't told y'all everything directly, though I've alluded to it, but my flip will be very informative as to why i'm fairly sure circl is lying lying lying!!!!

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
So we're at -1. someone hammer and then let's look at CMast tomorrow.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##Vote doc hurt

There we go.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapitalistPig posted:

##Vote doc hurt

There we go.

Seriously, literally like 2 seconds before I got the Votefinder to assign that Nick to hurt, someone assigned it to circl.....

##vote Dr. Hurt

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I just came out here to post and have fun and for some reason I feel attacked by a :redhammer:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Suddenly, one of you is knocked over with a heavy blow! Another feels a shot graze his elbow. You turn and face the robot. Looks like all the attention pushed him over the edge.

"Rush them!" he says. But no response comes. He fires and fires, but there's enough of you to dogpile him and pull his shield aside. You grab it from his hands and tear him to scrap.

All that remains is a stupid yellow scarf and a red helmet that reads "DLN-000" on the inside. "Finally rid of that traitor, I see," says Wily over the radio. "Still... you've got to get Mega Man!"

Dr. Hurt
(Proto Man, Ability-Copying Hero) lost his cool!

quote:

Congratulations Dr. Hurt! You are Proto Man, a Hero Robot Master! You are partnered and may communicate in a scumdoc outside of the game. You win when you are a majority of the players in the game, or when nothing can prevent this from happening.

Every night you may perform one of three actions. One member of the team each night can perform a nightkill, as in a standard Mafia game. Whenever you nightkill someone, that player uses the Weapon Copy System to gain an ability. It may be permanent, or it may be a one-shot ability or a passive ability.

If you are not performing a night kill, you may instead scan another player to determine their flavor/role. You will also learn what ability you would gain from that player when they are nightkilled.

Finally, you may use any copied ability you have. Each player can only use one abillity a night, and only if they are not performing the nightkill or scanning targets. Some abilities may be passive; you will use these abilities automatically when possible or necessary, and do not count against your ability usage. Some abilities are used during the day and may remove your ability to use an ability at night. Regardless of the abilities you have, you can only make one kill a night unless something states otherwise.

Night 5.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Since I never specified, night actions were supposed to be 24 hours. You get another 4 hours from this post to get them in.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Another robot died in the night. This is starting to quickly become unsurprising. In fact, you're kind of numb to it at this point. Dr. Wily is going to have to pay for serious robo-therapy after this.

Or. You know. He'll just wipe your brains. You'd say it's more cost-effective that way but the man is inexplicably rolling in Zenny. Must have made some good investments early in his life! You resolve to ask him for stock tips after all of this. Maybe get a Castle of your own. Spikes everywhere. Maybe a Yellow Demon on the first floor.

Oh, right. The dead guy's DWN-061. No wonder he kept arguing with himself.

Kumbamontu
(Search Man, Robot Master Tracker/Watcher) encountered a critical error and shut down immediately!

quote:

You are Search Man, a Robot Master! You win when all threats to Robot Masters are eliminated. You are both tracker and watcher, and you must target the same player with both abilities when used.

Day 6 begins.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (8): Abyssal Squid, CapitalistPig, CirclMastr, EXAKT Science, Pinterest Mom, Quidnose, Rarity, Somberbrero

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 11th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 18 hours.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hmm

looks like i was wrong about the bad guys' abilities~

##vote cmast

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Yeah I can't see any way that it makes sense for town to have two trackers. ##vote CMast

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
cmast is a good guy.

i AM the cop. i lied.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also , the way my cop works is I get their role pm, so i know alignment AND role And flavor.

I will say that cmast isnt a tracker but he IS town.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

CapitalistPig posted:

cmast is a good guy.

i AM the cop. i lied.

Okay, this is good enough for me. ##unvote

Who else have you cleared so far?

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

IIRC it went Ernie, Asiina (scum), PMom, Meinberg, and CMast. I honestly thought for a little bit "hey what if CPig is actually scum dropping names of people he knows to be town" but that was before I remembered the Asiina call and also that would be incredibly stupid if there were an actual cop to counterclaim, welcome to my brain where everything is stupid much of the time.

So with CMast off the hook, who's left, Rarity and Somberbrero? Quidnose and EXAKT we don't know for sure, but there's good reasons to believe they're town.

I'd go for Somber first, because on top of everything else, Rarity claimed to be a bomb. I don't feel up to the task of laying out the positive case against him, but the mathematical case is good enough for me right now.

##vote somber
This is a single vote btw.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##vote somber

Squid, re Cpig: Kumba both watched and tracked him, so he could see that Cpig was visiting the people he gave results on.

And I guess Cpig knows why I thought scum had a juggernaut :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

though hmm yeah all the scum do have the role cop ability right? Still it'd be dumb I think.

• Locked thread