Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Major bummer about that helical targeting array. Guess the predator exterminator is still the best interdiction unit :( Looks like there's another consul outside the cool new IW and AL ones:

The stormhammer looks better than I expected, but I still think I'm going to need to convert my one. It's just not the same thing as the pattern from epic:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
What book are the pictures of the rules coming from? Is it stuff already published?

My buddies and I are probably going to do a mass pilgrimage to Warhammer World in May when it opens, they've got a big weekend thing like Warhammer Fest planned with designers and sculptors on hand to talk to...actually it looks like they might be doing all their events there from now on.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

New bloodthirster. Finally.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Neat! Are those hammer bros also new? The dudes with the red flesh and twin hammers/chains?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Yeah the rumour mill (I think its the same source who was talking about Knights when we all thought that sounded complete horseshit) is saying:

New End Times supplement - Khorne units (Bloodthirster, I guess the crazy flail guys? They're new).

Potentially leading into Cult supplements for CSM with new Berzerker sculpts and some sort of customisation with marks and stuff (we can dream).

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Yeah, they're the new Chosen of Khorne.

The guy who first talked about them though said that the Khorne 40k supplement was basically an excuse for giving the new Bloodthrister (and its 3 variants) rules for 40k. No new zerker models, just the thirster and various formations.

So let's see which one is right, but I'm leaning towards nothing new since that's how 40k's been rolling.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
New 'zerkers would make MSP cry. I saw him buying some ebay models to try and field that xmas-day formation. New sculpts will look bitch'in and will probably reduce the cost of old models on secondhand markets. Even if he did not want to shell out $ for cooler mans, the discount would have been worth the wait.

It is weird to hope for less cool new poo poo. I guess I can't be too disappointed either way now.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Guilliman looks pretty cool but it's weird that he has a sword and not his gauntlet things.

Edit: gently caress yeah Simon Egan's doing it. Ultramarines just became that much more likely for me.

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Feb 8, 2015

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Looks pretty goddamn generic from the picture (maybe a subtle dig at the codex astartes). Captain with sword and Powerfist. We'll have to see the model.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Can't even tell what the gently caress I'm looking at in that Khorne photo.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Sulecrist posted:

Guilliman looks pretty cool but it's weird that he has a sword and not his gauntlet things.

I kind of like that sculpt, its a very good face and very much in the style of Roman armour so it really fits them. I'd be very interested in what the rest of him looks like. Its no Horus or Curze, but its certainly better than Mortarion and Lorgar.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
The Mhara Gal dread is quite cool. Pricey as all get out, but it ignores terrain, has decent AV, a token Invul, causes lots of morale tests, and doesn't get bricked in a melee when fighting something with a non-trivial invilnerable save. It's closer to what I think dreads should be.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Lord Twisted posted:

New bloodthirster. Finally.

From EndTimes: Archaon I guess?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Nice battle-fog. It's almost as if they're trying to hide the bases for some reason.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Nananana BAT-THING

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Ignite Memories posted:

Nice battle-fog. It's almost as if they're trying to hide the bases for some reason.

If it disguises un-based models, it ain't bad. Perhaps each GW store should invest in a dry ice machine. Atmosphere.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Raphus C posted:

If it disguises un-based models, it ain't bad. Perhaps each GW store should invest in a dry ice machine. Atmosphere.
Only if the smoke goes up to chest-height so you don't see the tomato sauce stains on the staff shirts :v:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Slimnoid posted:

Nananana BAT-THING

Hot goddamn. I can only hope that the other greater demons get updates like this.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Safety Factor posted:

Hot goddamn. I can only hope that the other greater demons get updates like this.

I still can't believe they're charging people nearly sixty dollars for this piece of poo poo.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

panascope posted:

I still can't believe they're charging people nearly sixty dollars for this piece of poo poo.

To be fair, Nurgle daemons are supposed to look like pieces of poo poo.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Give me old school Minotaur Mono-boob Keep of Secrets or give me death.

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

panascope posted:

I'll never understand why they changed the heads on the GD sculpts.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

spacegoat posted:

I'll never understand why they changed the heads on the GD sculpts.

I thought both came in packs (old/new heads)? Which is why I was upset when my keeper of secretes didn't come with the cow head.

I wish they made N'Kari more important in the End Times for the Elf book. It would be the PERFECT time to introduce a plastic Keeper of Secrets.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 8, 2015

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
lol that new head looks loving terrible

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
It looks like that model got left in a hot car...

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Worth it just skip to the first 2 minutes and watch. I found it funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v3GORQnkp0&t=108s

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Are canoptek acanthrites worth it?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DJ Dizzy posted:

Are canoptek acanthrites worth it?

They are alright... they are basically shooting wraiths. Lack the invul save and rending, but have stealth and voidblades. 12" S6 AP2 melta for a gun. Wraiths are tougher in general and better in combat. Now that I think of it Praetorians pretty much do what they do, but for every acanthrite you can have 2 praetorians. Though the arcanthrite is a bit tougher? Though they lack reanimation protocols...? Hmm? They are slightly better shooting transports and charging the guys that pop out? So they are a mix of the wraiths and praetorians. If you give the wraiths the gun, and the praetorians the voidblades+gun, acanthries have a better gun and about the same combat level as the praetorians. Though the acanthrites has T5 with 3W... Keep in mind this is out of Volume 12 IA, but I don't think necrons have new forgeworld rules yet. I hope they make an update soon, because 135 for the sentry pylon is a bit much between the edition changes and new necron weapons.

Not exactly worth it unless you want the models as other choices in your army can cover the same roles.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Feb 8, 2015

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012

Speckled Jim posted:

Ive had Lysander sitting around unpainted for months and finally bit the bullet this weekend. Finishing his bodyguard was the inspiration I needed. Excuse the phone pics, light isnt so great either.

His eyes dont look that bad in person I swear. Thank god I only have one more finecast model left to paint. Between the bubbles, the flash and the warping its hard to know where the model starts and the sprue ends.

Achievement Unlocked: Paint something yellow that looks great.
Nice work on the power weapons too.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hollismason posted:

Worth it just skip to the first 2 minutes and watch. I found it funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v3GORQnkp0&t=108s

:radcat:

Is there anyone who makes batreps that doesn't have the urban fatmat?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Moola posted:

lol that new head looks loving terrible

On the bright side it'll probably be like other $90 End Time kits with a bunch of different options and GW has been getting better about including different head options.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I won't lie, I was really hoping that the cat was gonna knock the Monolith off the table out of sheer feline spite.

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
Does anyone know if the "Wrath of the Hive Mind" Tyranid boxed set comes with the parts necessary to build a flying hive tyrant and tyrannofex? It just shows a walker and tervigon on the box, and I can't find any info anywhere on what comes on the sprues.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I don't know about the Tervigon but since the Hive Tyrant and Flyrant are two separate kits I wouldn't expect the pieces to make either.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

:radcat:

Is there anyone who makes batreps that doesn't have the urban fatmat?

I have one, they're pretty nice but yeah everyone uses it. I like it because you can play open field and just designate the different parts of the mat terrain or ruins.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

SERPUS posted:

Does anyone know if the "Wrath of the Hive Mind" Tyranid boxed set comes with the parts necessary to build a flying hive tyrant and tyrannofex? It just shows a walker and tervigon on the box, and I can't find any info anywhere on what comes on the sprues.

It just comes with the regular plastic kits. They're not going to clip off the pieces and trash them just for spite.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I don't know about the Tervigon but since the Hive Tyrant and Flyrant are two separate kits I wouldn't expect the pieces to make either.

They're the same kit.

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Tervigons and Tyrannofex are a single kit.

The Hive Tyrant, flying or not, is the same kit, and also can build The Swarmlord.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They're the same kit.

You get all the bits that you would normally from buying the normal boxes. I feel maybe GW need to explicitly state this since it comes up so often.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Cat Video Battle Report get's better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v3GORQnkp0&t=243s

What did you do with the kid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shazaminator
Oct 11, 2007
The power of Shazam compels you!

ijyt posted:

The Tomb Awakened box is sold out, didn't realise it was a limited stock item. :ohdear:

It's back! It's back and I have purchased one. My first 40K tabletop purchase in almost ten years. I bet my mediocre painting skills have atrophied almost entirely in the meantime!

But gently caress it I had tons of fun with the first Necron battleforce I got way back when, it seems fitting to get back into the 'hams exactly two codexes later.

• Locked thread