Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Panama is pure garbage

Edit: Sean Johnson :getin:

Redczar fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Feb 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

C'mon, O'Neill can defend against this dross, give him a runout.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Wondolowski is 32 years old and a garbageman, we really should stop calling him up.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Wondo needs to chill the gently caress out

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Wondolowski :thumbsup:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Wondo should gently caress off or stop being poo poo

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Why is Wondo trying to swagger up to players when he's a gigantic piece of poo poo

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.
How the hell could Altidore even try to claim that goal? The only part of his body anywhere near close to hitting it was his arm, and that was still a Big Mac away from actual contact.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Just got done watching US v PAN on DVR. Bradley was surprisingly good this match, and that goal was totally nuts. Jozy is a fat loving fraud, and Mix's play did nothing to reduce my hatred of him. He looks constantly lost! My cautious optimism about Zardes has now turned into full blown excitement, and I'm 100% on board the Zardes hype train. I can't believe there isn't a better option than loving Jermaine Jones at CB, and we should all stop pretending that Yedlin or Shea have any idea how to defend. Ibarra was solid and I hope we see more NASL stars on the national level.

I hope you have all enjoyed reading my opinions on the most recent performance of the United States Men's National Soccer Team.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Cavenagh posted:

How the hell could Altidore even try to claim that goal? The only part of his body anywhere near close to hitting it was his arm, and that was still a Big Mac away from actual contact.

Based on the giant smile on his face while he tapped his head I'm going to assume he was just kidding around with Bradley.

camoseven posted:

Just got done watching US v PAN on DVR. Bradley was surprisingly good this match, and that goal was totally nuts. Jozy is a fat loving fraud, and Mix's play did nothing to reduce my hatred of him. He looks constantly lost! My cautious optimism about Zardes has now turned into full blown excitement, and I'm 100% on board the Zardes hype train. I can't believe there isn't a better option than loving Jermaine Jones at CB, and we should all stop pretending that Yedlin or Shea have any idea how to defend. Ibarra was solid and I hope we see more NASL stars on the national level.

I hope you have all enjoyed reading my opinions on the most recent performance of the United States Men's National Soccer Team.

Barring any kind of tragic injury or a better player coming out of nowhere, Zardes is definitely going to be huge for the United States in this World Cup cycle. He's got raw athleticism, skill, and a sense of humility and desire to learn that lets him absorb all the good from the greats he has been playing under for the last two years. He's far and away the better option for his position than Bobby Wood, which I still don't get why Klinnsman thought starting a guy with virtually no minutes logged at his second division German team would be of any benefit to anyone. Wood needs to get a lot of minutes in at the club level before he's going to be anything but a wasted player slot on the field at the national level.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 9, 2015

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

threeagainstfour posted:

Based on the giant smile on his face while he tapped his head I'm going to assume he was just kidding around with Bradley.

... Zardes ...raw athleticism...

hrmmmm

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
he's humble as h*ll

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Lol at "raw athleticism"

He isnt the type of player who relies on speed or anything, he gets in the right position and makes well timed runs, hes similar (in style, not quality) to someone like Inzaghi. Very articulate though I agree and a tremendous dancer, can also play a bit of bass.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao "raw athleticism" and "a sense of humility and desire to learn" in the same sentence, I think I got bingo

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

We're playing USA next week but we don't have a national team - and the negotiations between our federation and the players have been breaking down for the past 3 weeks. While our national manager picked out a team today, none of those will be able to play if the issue is not settled by then

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Hegay posted:

We're playing USA next week but we don't have a national team - and the negotiations between our federation and the players have been breaking down for the past 3 weeks. While our national manager picked out a team today, none of those will be able to play if the issue is not settled by then

Denmark? How is Denmark having all these issues?

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Seltzer posted:

Denmark? How is Denmark having all these issues?

Because the current agreement between our version of FIFPRO and FA needs to be renewed, and the FA then wanted to pay players individual instead of collectively (so say Christian Eriksen would get way more than a player from our own league) which the players have found unacceptable

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
We're gonna put 8 past gibraltar and take control of the group again. Quote me on it.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Have you read any sort of deadline for when they need to reach an agreement for the match to happen? Klinsmann isn't going to announce callups until this weekend, which I thought was unusually late (especially because he's bringing MLS guys to Europe).

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Kane is in the England squad but so is Andros Townsend. Luke Shaw instead of Bertrand too

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
Townsend is going to be a permanent fixture in the England team until he retires and I do not like that

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

Kane is in the England squad but so is Andros Townsend. Luke Shaw instead of Bertrand too

Lol fuckin hell

Was Clyne at least called up?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He was but Kyle Walker also was and you know he'll be picked forever too despite being poo poo

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Joe Hart (Manchester City).

Defenders: Leighton Baines (Everton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Ross Barkley (Everton), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Theo Walcott (Arsenal

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal).

Look at all those bad players

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Welbeck instead of Ings or Austin? Lmao

Ninpo fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 20, 2015

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
you appear to have forgotten the forwards (like England haha)

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
that defence is shocking but the rest is okay

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Ninpo posted:

Welbeck instead of Ings or Austin? Lmao

Austin is never international quality to borrow an FLJism he's this years grant holt

Ings should be in tho

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

excuse me lady posted:

Austin is never international quality to borrow an FLJism he's this years grant holt

Ings should be in tho

Eh, he's seemed a decent poacher from what I've seen this season, I meant from the bench not a starting berth.

So from that lot if Woy has any sense and picks based on form (lol) it'll be:

Forster; Clyne Cahill Smalling Baines; Carrick Henderson; Sterling Lallana Rooney; Kane

So that will absolutely not be how we line up.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Ninpo posted:

Eh, he's seemed a decent poacher from what I've seen this season, I meant from the bench not a starting berth.

Forster; Clyne Cahill Smalling Baines; Carrick Henderson; Sterling Lallana Rooney; Kane

This years Rickie Lambert then

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

Ninpo posted:

Was about to strongly disagree and post a better lineup, but then I had to look at all the players again and lol, that's probably the best we got.

I mean, Baines has been anonymous in a leaky Everton team for the last four months, Smalling has had one actually solid game, and Carrick's just got back from injury. But the alternatives there are worse.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Baines does have a few assists at least and while Carrick is just back, he's played well and properly affected the matches he's been involved in. Should have come on much sooner against Arsenal too.

Carrick will probably warm the bench though and I'd lay money on Hart starting, Kane probably on the bench in favour of Sturridge and Walker instead of Clyne at the very least. Roy likes Jagielka too so probably a Cahill/Jagielka CB pairing.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

excuse me lady posted:

Ings should be in tho

Hegay posted:

This years Rickie Lambert then

Holt and Lambert were already old when people were saying they should get called up, Austin is 25 and Ings is 22. It seems a bit different.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
If he's picking on form we'll not be playing any defenders

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Star Error posted:

If he's picking on form we'll not be playing any defenders

I'm imagining a 0-6-4 formation and phwoar let me tell you, it's some win

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I will be quite upset if Roy manages to break Sturridge again.

Also England should line up as follows

--------------------Kane------------------
Lallana--------Rooney--------Sterling
--------Milner-----Henderson--------
Baines---Cahill--Smalling----Clyne
-----------------------Hart---------------------

Kane over Sturridge as Dan has just come back from a massive lay off and Kane is in great form. Rooney and Sterling have to play and Lallana is a far better player than Townsend and an out of form Barkley. Milner instead of Carrick as a Henderson and Milner partnership could be something that can develop well- Carrick is good but has just come back from injury and is old. I can't believe there is no one better than Smalling but here we are.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

The gently caress is Walcott doing in that squad?

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:
lol that anyone thinks Roy would start Kane up front, he'll get maybe 10 minutes in each match because Roy's a big time wasteman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ewar Woowar posted:

I will be quite upset if Roy manages to break Sturridge again.

Also England should line up as follows

--------------------Kane------------------
Lallana--------Rooney--------Sterling
--------Milner-----Henderson--------
Baines---Cahill--Smalling----Clyne
-----------------------Hart---------------------

Kane over Sturridge as Dan has just come back from a massive lay off and Kane is in great form. Rooney and Sterling have to play and Lallana is a far better player than Townsend and an out of form Barkley. Milner instead of Carrick as a Henderson and Milner partnership could be something that can develop well- Carrick is good but has just come back from injury and is old. I can't believe there is no one better than Smalling but here we are.

Forster ffs man

• Locked thread