Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
it doesn't deter theft at all and only serves to annoy the poo poo out of everyone in earshot. i think we've found something truly indefensible here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Car alarms are like nukes, they only work if everyone has them.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
actually op, it notifies me if my car is being broken into, so that i can stop the theft myself, you dumb mother fucker

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

THE PENETRATOR posted:

actually op, it notifies me if my car is being broken into, so that i can stop the theft myself, you dumb mother fucker

and what're you gonna do about it, huh?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
pretty sure i dont get a choice in whether my car has an alarm op

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Horniest Manticore posted:

shoot them in the face

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Horniest Manticore posted:

shoot them?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Car alarms are loving useless unless the car is parked right next to wear you live. When was the last time anybody heard a car alarm go off in the middle of some parking lot or outside a Denny's and actually went out to investigate on the off chance it was their car?

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

if he had a gun, the car alarm wouldn't have happened

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
I have a car alarm and live in a state where I can kill you dead for no other reason than you are breaking into it. Luckily I also have a gun which I keep loaded and near me at all times.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkman Fanpage posted:

pretty sure i dont get a choice in whether my car has an alarm op

Do they even make cars without car alarms anymore?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

If cars had a guns, they wouldn't need alarms.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Pawn 17 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnUoUKEIGoo

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

i like the alarms that sound all like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzHhn2WtwYU

all the ones on my street just beep the horn whenever a bus goes by tho

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pawn 17 posted:

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Keep your key fob by your bed. If you hear a suspicious noise at night, you can hit the alarm button and then your car alarm will go off. Your neighbors will be so enraged they will invade your home and kill the perpetrator instead of you.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
But if the alarm doesn't wake me in the night how would i know which car to key? Also no tough guy has a loving car alarm.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Torquemada posted:

But if the alarm doesn't wake me in the night how would i know which car to key? Also no tough guy has a loving car alarm.

Three Olives posted:

Do they even make cars without car alarms anymore?

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you don't own a house on at least ten acres of land. Poor people problems.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

Dave_Indeed posted:

lol if you don't own a house on at least ten acres of land. Poor people problems.

Seriously. What is up with these poors who don't drive from their garage at home to their garage at work (assuming they even need to)?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I want to rig a car alarm to play inside of the car, not outside.

Give the thief the option of driving off with bleeding ears.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

revmoo posted:

Seriously. What is up with these poors who don't drive from their garage at home to their garage at work (assuming they even need to)?

Your condo doesn't have valet service? Eww.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Pretty much all cars made this millennium gave an alarm that will sound if the windows get smashed so ...

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe
car alarms r good cuz i can stop the bad guy by shooting his face profusely

wha-what?!?! It was self-defense he was going to steal my Waylon Jennings tapes!!!!

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
what about a car alarm that attracts bees so if someone tries to steal your car they are attacked by bees

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

revmoo posted:

lmao you "drive"... like on a road?? in a CAR? hahaha oh boy.

*reclines in private chopper*

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Pawn 17 posted:

Basically this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRNVxHPJ0hM

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Extensive Vamping posted:

Keep your key fob by your bed. If you hear a suspicious noise at night, you can hit the alarm button and then your car alarm will go off. Your neighbors will be so enraged they will invade your home and kill the perpetrator instead of you.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just go in with an OBDII and turn that poo poo off

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
it wont actually save your car from theft but gets you a deece cut off of theft insurance. Worth it.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Blazing Ownager posted:

I want to rig a car alarm to play inside of the car, not outside.

Give the thief the option of driving off with bleeding ears.

These exist, they're called Piezos and are good

Agree with OP, car alarm going off for days because some dude in a civic with a fart can passed by is obnoxious as gently caress

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Demonachizer posted:

I have a car alarm and live in a state where I can kill you dead for no other reason than you are breaking into it. Luckily I also have a gun which I keep loaded and near me at all times.

Your chance of committing suicide just went up 30%.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I wish someone would steal my car.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Everyday Lurker posted:

Your chance of committing suicide just went up 30%.

just the chance of succeeding

guns make suicide easy, without them you have to be able to tie a knot or steal the right drugs from your grandma or drive to a tall enough bridge and idiots just can't get that poo poo right

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It's a deterrent, as in it is trying to stop theft before they ever break the window or jimmy the door. They want thieves to know which cars have alarms, blinking lights, little stickers, etc..

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Tautologicus posted:

It's a deterrent, as in it is trying to stop theft before they ever break the window or jimmy the door. They want thieves to know which cars have alarms, blinking lights, little stickers, etc..

which is why installing a blinking red light in your car or putting a sticker on your house window is just as good and cheaper imo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I randomly bump cars in the mall to set these off

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Demonachizer posted:

You sound like a severe rear end in a top hat

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Demonachizer posted:

You should use your gun to kill yourself imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cwinkle
Mar 7, 2008
Tell that to Darrel Issa. The richest man in Congress.

• Locked thread