Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Baseball is better than basketball. :colbert:

I'm conflicted because I agree with you but also kind of don't like you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Spacemonkey57 posted:

We're just about as far as possible from actual football right now aren't we?

We are closer than we were yesterday at least. Garbage rear end spring games are just around the corner.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MindlessHavok posted:

:smith:

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

Scarf posted:

Watching bowling is pretty loving boring though.

Along with golf, and Catholic church TV, it's one of your best things to have on TV in the background during a nap though.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Detroit_Dogg posted:

All sports are cool to some degree, but if you prefer any sort of basketball to football you should go get your broken brain looked at and possibly partially lobotomized.

College football is vastly superior to any type of basketball, but college basketball is way better than the NFL. And just about everything is better than the NBA.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

HooverDam posted:

Along with golf, and Catholic church TV, it's one of your best things to have on TV in the background during a nap though.

:agreed:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Thoguh posted:

College football is vastly superior to any type of basketball, but college basketball is way better than the NFL. And just about everything is better than the NBA.

Watching college football is probably superior to all other forms of passive audiovisual entertainment.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

MindlessHavok posted:

:agreed:

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Baseball is boring poo poo unless you are actually at the game and then it is really fun.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Alouicious posted:

Cricket is actually pretty cool and understandable once you get past the lingo.

They've also gone insane on the tech used for replays and officiating and its great

Cricket's a fun sport. I work with a Pakistani and he got me into playing it last year with what I assume is western Virginia's entire Pakistani population. I look hilariously out of place if you just drive by and look at us playing it.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Fluffdaddy posted:

On the other hand gently caress Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball because it's one of the worst sports games ever created.

I played Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball with Lowtax and Fragmaster in Vegas once and I found out I was really, really good at it but I had to go to bed before the game was over.

Also, the NBA is really boring but college basketball is fun and I wish I had time to watch more rugby

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Crotch Bat posted:

Did you live in that place that was like a big echo chamber with apartments attached? I think I went to those once to pick up a friend but it's been probably a decade. For some reason the insane echo of that place has stayed with me.

I did.

Sports are really cool but the NBA is better than college basketball. College hoops has too long of a shot clock which extends possession and now everyone just stands around for the whole loving shot clock until they try for a three. You also can't have Hassan Whiteside just randomly showing up and setting the NBA blocks in a game record because you need a dude to play. Virginia Tech needs a dude who can be a proper 4 or 5 right now and it's not like they have a stacked depth chart like football.

Favoritism over sports is pretty loving stupid and I think may be dependent on your geographic region. They're games.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Maxwells Demon posted:

So in transfer news QB Vernon Adams transfers from Eastern Washington University to University of Oregon for presumably a 1 year masters program.

This is somewhat awkward as UO and EWU play each other in 2015.

Every mention of Vernon Adams needs this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcOdXIlRDFs

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Fridge retired again. Life is pain and then you die.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
My second favorite sport is soccer

HooverDam posted:

Nope, the correct answer is How It's Made.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

LeeMajors posted:

Baseball is better than basketball. :colbert:

Truth.

But then again for me basketball is just about the last sport I want to watch. CBB > NBA, but we are splitting hairs here it's a bad game.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'd rather be forbidden from watching football than willingly watch an NBA

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
After football the next best sport is probably skicross

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
Things college basketball does better than the NBA: March Madness. The NBA is quite possibly the most progressive major sports league in the United States and that's worth noting. I have a feeling most people are mad at the NBA because of "they don't call traveling" or "they don't play defense" which is weird to me. Then again I hear people complaining that no one in college football plays defense. Truth is that the rules have changed and we have to discuss defense and offense in new language.

Thermos H Christ posted:

After football the next best sport is probably skicross

Watching some Dew Tour snowboarding is great for when you're bored, flips and jumps and poo poo are cool

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Demon Of The Fall posted:

My second favorite sport is soccer

Nope, the correct answer is How It's Made.

I had myself conditioned in college like one of Pavlov's dogs. Every night I would watch The Simpsons DVDs as I went to bed. Our local FOXY affiliate played The Simpsons every day at 6PM. Without fail, if I was watching the 6PM episode I would fall asleep.

Whelp, I'll show myself out. See you folks in August.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Heaf posted:

Truth is that the rules have changed and we have to discuss defense and offense in new language.

It'd be nice if college basketball could change the rules and stick with it.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Da gently caress is wrong with you all? College basketball is garbage next to the NBA.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
This derail has probably gone long enough

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
The NBA makes Vine a worthwhile app.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

il serpente cosmico posted:

Da gently caress is wrong with you all? College basketball is garbage next to the NBA.

It resembles the game it's supposed to be? :iiam: The NBA for me is like the WWE of basketball (forget the rules, go for spectacle) and that includes the fact that the Harlem Globetrotters are real and not just awesome cartoon cameo characters.

Also it's easy to ascribe some of your football love to your school's basketball teams.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
How did it come about that the Globetrotters can't play college teams anymore, because that has the NCAA written all over it.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Kim Jong Il posted:

He was Rutgers' silver lining. Without him, they have nothing.

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Rad Valtar posted:

If you think the NHL is better then the NBA you are loving dead to me.

Sorry but it's true. Hockey is awesome and the NHL playoffs is the best playoffs of any sport.

March Madness is an enigma though and I will watch the hell of out every game I can.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
The NBA is rigged and a joke of a league hth

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I wish college football was rigged so Ohio State didn't win anything.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Kim Jong Il posted:

Thank god VT filled their assistant spot before this happened.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

what would a football version of the globetrotters be like and why isn't that something I can go see

guy climbs up a ladder to block a punt or something?

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

kayakyakr posted:

In actual football news, TTU AD Kirby Hocutt will replace Oliver Luck on the playoff committee:

http://www.texastech.com/genrel/020915aab.html

more Anti Baylor Bias frmo the mains tream mebeai

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Sash! posted:

what would a football version of the globetrotters be like and why isn't that something I can go see

guy climbs up a ladder to block a punt or something?

"Cumberland's only effective defense was an extra point blocked with a sort of human pyramid.[2]"

I'd like to see this recreated.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

MourningView posted:

This derail has probably gone long enough

Yo

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I'd watch the poo poo out of football globetrotters

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Is talking about a football version of the globetrotters okay? Because I think there's room for some fruitful offseason conversation here.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Pakled posted:

Is talking about a football version of the globetrotters okay? Because I think there's room for some fruitful offseason conversation here.

yeah that's whatever, just quit the dumb "I am an idiot moron fuckhead who hates the nba" thing

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
If you don't want to see football players whip out stilts in the middle of a game you can gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
There's a poll out. Tennessee is returning 19 starters, which seems low.

• Locked thread