Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Actually it is good.

See.

This tribue video with 63,000 views and 94 likes vs 11 thumbs down, proves you WRONG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve-bT74R0r4

Roger Ebert thought it was one of the best video game film adaptations, if not the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Everyone who praises these Hitman movies clearly has never gotten the Silent Assassin rating in any of the games. :colbert:

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The lowest of bars.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
So everyone was talking about 50 Shades and how it's coming out and someone shared this Australian film that's I guess playing here soon.

Kind of sort of NWS ish, like no nudity but it's called The Mistress.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmHb6o02snc

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

smackfu posted:

That's nice, that felt like a guy who already played the one role he was meant to play.

What does this mean?

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Since I'm a big nerd, it's goona be kind of hard for me to enjoy a hitman movie in which 47 is portrayed as a superhuman terminator/slasher villain type. Of course, that could be how he's viewed by his targets. So perhaps all the ridiculous action scenes will be revealed as fantastical myths told by the protagonist and we are then shown that he really evaded capture by crouching behind bushes

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A Hitman movie that was accurate to the game would be a much harder sell, seeing as it wouldn't actually have that much action.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

A Hitman movie that was accurate to the game would be a much harder sell, seeing as it wouldn't actually have that much action.

I think a Hitman movie could be pretty faithful and pretty good with Bourne-style action. This looks like xXx

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hollismason posted:

So everyone was talking about 50 Shades and how it's coming out and someone shared this Australian film that's I guess playing here soon.

This is the first of many trailers that are going to be copying the Fifty Shades feel. I'll be posting one myself soon. That thing is going to make shitloads if you didn't already know and unfortunately I will be one of the poor bastards dragged to it Saturday.

vvvv Worked on this before I left WB, it's a really enjoyable movie.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 12, 2015

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Man From U.N.C.L.E. looks like a blast. A little too overstuffed of a trailer, though.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Deakul posted:

Everyone who praises these Hitman movies clearly has never gotten the Silent Assassin rating in any of the games. :colbert:

Well he did successfully change outfits and get away in the trailer.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hollismason posted:

Looks loving terrible, but the 13-year-old in me wants more Emmanuelle Béart in Louboutin pumps.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

feedmyleg posted:

Man From U.N.C.L.E. looks like a blast. A little too overstuffed of a trailer, though.

Kind of goofy the Brit is playing an American while the American is playing a Russian.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

feedmyleg posted:

Man that looks great.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. trailer has convinced me that Henry Cavill should be the next Bond. Movie looks awesome.

[edit] Also, as much as I support Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, seeing Elizabeth Debicki walking alongside Henry made my heart sing (I was rooting for her to be Wonder Woman). I like how Henry has to look up to her, haha.

teagone fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Feb 12, 2015

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

feedmyleg posted:

Came for the period 60s spy stuff, stayed for Jared Harris.

It is a busy trailer though, agreed. Distractingly so.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Looks like that link went down. Here's an embed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x08iNZ8Mfc

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

teagone posted:

This movie just shot to near the top of my Summer Must-See list. Guy Richie's style, Henry Cavill's Superman voice cranked up to 11, and seriously, this movie looks gorgeous.

Actually, I noticed that about Hitman Agent 47 too. I hope the trend of highly stylized action movies to make up for lacking scripts continues, because 95% of action movies would be way better if they cranked up the style and cranked down the amount we're supposed to give a gently caress about the story. Not every movie can be The Bourne Identity, so give me more John Wick!

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I don't think the casting of Agent 47 in and of itself is terrible. The dude looks perfectly detached from the world around him, which a terrorist/slasher villain would need to be. As well, he doesn't look conventionally hollywood, plain enough to be an extra in any scene, but distinct enough to stand out among a crowd. It works well considering the roles that the admittedly fantastical hitman would need to play.

I will concede that in the context of the games he's not nearly as big as Agent 47, and he has too much of a baby face unlike 47's brooding, manly man face. So as cosplay it's a D but as it's own character I think it's fine.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

DivisionPost posted:

Trainwreck - New Judd Apatow romantic comedy starring Amy Schumer and Bill Hader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSr0CJvFk6w

This looks like the best movie Apatow has made in years.

My crush on Schumer grews

teagone posted:

How the gently caress did they make this good. It looks like what the Craig Bond should be.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Between UNCLE and Kingsman, I'm thinking we might be seeing a resurgence of stylish, badass, comedic spy movies.

I'm okay with this.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The campaign for U.N.C.L.E. was taken from my boss at WB and given to the guy who did the Superman and American Sniper campaigns because they absolutely must have this film be successful. It's a shame because my boss' trailer was much better and not nearly as busy. There is a lot of humor in this, Guy Ritchie-style.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
When you say that do you meean like he had in Lock Stock and Snatch? Because Snatch was hilarious.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010

Pierson posted:

When you say that do you meean like he had in Lock Stock and Snatch? Because Snatch was hilarious.

Anything close to these would put my rear end in the seat opening day. The trailer did look good and Cavill sold the charm.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd say a little more Sherlock 2 humor than Snatch.

But I loved Sherlock 2 so...

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

kiimo posted:

The campaign for U.N.C.L.E. was taken from my boss at WB and given to the guy who did the Superman and American Sniper campaigns because they absolutely must have this film be successful. It's a shame because my boss' trailer was much better and not nearly as busy. There is a lot of humor in this, Guy Ritchie-style.

It's still a pretty fun trailer. Before watching it I thought the movie was going to bomb. Now I don't.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

"For a special agent you're not having a very special day are you?" shouldn't be that funny but it is. Maybe it's the delivery.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Antti posted:

"For a special agent you're not having a very special day are you?" shouldn't be that funny but it is. Maybe it's the delivery.

Hugh Grant's delivery always owns.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Crimson Peak trailer, even if I can't get Apple's dumb site to work for me. I assume a YouTube version will be up shortly.

Edit: and here it is.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Just came here to link it too. A new del Toro? I'm all in.

edit: I'm still on a Pan's Labyrinth high.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 13, 2015

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Preemptively calling your movie a masterpiece, loving wow.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

This looks like a bad Tim Burton movie

Maybe it is just a crappily cut trailer, but Del Toro has never been a sure bet.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Looks kinda neato but the Red Right Hand cover by PJ Harvey was not a good choice for the trailer.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Dillbag posted:

Looks kinda neato but the Red Right Hand cover by PJ Harvey was not a good choice for the trailer.

It wouldn't be the first time Del Toro has used it; it was in the first Hellboy. But it was the Nick Cave cover.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Meh, that trailer didn't do anything for me.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Just make At the Mountains Of Madness you rear end in a top hat :argh:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

achillesforever6 posted:

Just make At the Mountains Of Madness you rear end in a top hat :argh:

He said that Prometheus was more or less what that movie would've been.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

computer parts posted:

He said that Prometheus was more or less what that movie would've been.

A poo poo film seems about right for what Del Toro would've made. Yep.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gonz posted:

It wouldn't be the first time Del Toro has used it; it was in the first Hellboy. But it was the Nick Cave cover.

:stare: Nick Cave originated Red Right Hand in 1994; the cover in Hellboy was by Pete Yorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Timby posted:

:stare: Nick Cave originated Red Right Hand in 1994; the cover in Hellboy was by Pete Yorn.

Never really listened to either of them. I guess that's on me.

• Locked thread