Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Webbeh posted:

We're making buying Pokeballs look easy.

And we just threw all of them at a trainer's Eevee :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
So whats with all these pokemons I've never seen in red so early on? Romhack? why?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Bob A Feet posted:

So whats with all these pokemons I've never seen in red so early on? Romhack? why?
Yeah, it's a hack of Red that has all 151 original Pokemon available in-game.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I blinked, did they release Kakuna or just boxed him?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

There's a lot of uproar about rescuing it so it's just boxed right now.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Manslaughter posted:

There's a lot of uproar about rescuing it so it's just boxed right now.

Good riddance.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Don't even have 6 pokemon yet.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
So they got Kakuna back and didn't even release Charmeleon.
I'm impressed/disappointed.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Oh hey this looks familiar

Buh
May 17, 2008
Praying for a scenario where we release all but Kakuna and make progress literally impossible

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
There was some weird text on the screen where someone was being all dramatic and thought that suffrage means suffering.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Okay, they're attempting to do something with the PC. Not sure what.
e: Oh, they withdrew Kakuna, then boxed one of the Poliwags. Alrighty then.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Kakuna tried to evolve for the first time.
I think they got a frame-perfect cancel on that evolution :v:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Blaziken386 posted:

Okay, they're attempting to do something with the PC. Not sure what.
e: Oh, they withdrew Kakuna, then boxed one of the Poliwags. Alrighty then.
Actually all 4 were in party for a while. I think some people got to the PC to try to deposit Kakuna, then deposited the higher level Poliwag instead.

People forgot about the PC monster over the year I guess.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh look, they've actually got a Charizard. I wonder how did that happen.

Buh
May 17, 2008
I love that the task is guaranteed to fail and might take a really long time to reach that point.

We'd have to catch five legendaries without loving up our first attempt: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo and Mew. That's just not happening. Unless in the hack they regenerate a la Gen 6?

Also money is much harder to come by in this gen, and we will inevitably piss away all of it until the only possible way to buy more poke balls is to beat the elite four again and again.

This appears to be a guide to the romhack used. The changes prevent some other lose conditions that would totally have happened:
Nidoqueens etc exist in the wild for when we inevitably toss every Moon Stone in the game
Omanyte and Kabuto are in the wild for when we release one without evolving it.
Eevee are in the wild - if they just gave you exactly three we'd evolve them all into Flareons.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Jesus, when did we get balls and catch all these fuckers? There's a Magikarp, Onix, and Mankey new from when I peaced out last night.

Edit: We picked the Dome Fossil and chat is losing its loving mind.

Remora fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Feb 14, 2015

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
We got Dome. I'm so happy.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Chat spam is getting really old.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Buh posted:

I love that the task is guaranteed to fail and might take a really long time to reach that point.

We'd have to catch five legendaries without loving up our first attempt: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo and Mew. That's just not happening. Unless in the hack they regenerate a la Gen 6?

Also money is much harder to come by in this gen, and we will inevitably piss away all of it until the only possible way to buy more poke balls is to beat the elite four again and again.

This appears to be a guide to the romhack used. The changes prevent some other lose conditions that would totally have happened:
Nidoqueens etc exist in the wild for when we inevitably toss every Moon Stone in the game
Eevee are in the wild - if they just gave you exactly three we'd evolve them all into Flareons.

Did he actually straight up use that hack or did he modify it further? Mr. DJB LPed this exact version a while ago and trade evolutions don't actually work like the hacker intended, the game doesn't check for evolution conditions for in-game trades since it never happens in the original.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Buh posted:

Ahahhaha Gary has all level 100s. This is gonna own. Although if they spend so much time running around trying to get all 151 they might not have a problem leveling up enough.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Hazo posted:

Ahahhaha Gary has all level 100s.

This is gonna take months.

I mean it took forever with a goddamn Zapdos on the team. This time it's gonna be a Beedrill that only knows Harden.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

A kakuna AND a magikarp. Glorious.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm not watching the stream, but I'm taking the year anniversary as an opportunity to go through some of the thread again. It's pretty great.

IronicDongz posted:

Razzled posted:

Which one is AAATTVV?
Venonat, I think? Probably won't get used

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Terper posted:

I'm not watching the stream, but I'm taking the year anniversary as an opportunity to go through some of the thread again. It's pretty great.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008
I tuned in just as they were cancelling another Kakuna evolution. Then they deposited their lvl 37 Charizard in the PC :(

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Mymla posted:

This is gonna take months.

I mean it took forever with a goddamn Zapdos on the team. This time it's gonna be a Beedrill that only knows Harden.

Gary's team is level 100 but for whatever reason, the rom hacker decided to give him garbage pokemon (half is team is Pidgeot, Fearow, Parasect.) Lance is probably going to be the big roadblock with the 3 legendary birds.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Colonel J posted:

I tuned in just as they were cancelling another Kakuna evolution. Then they deposited their lvl 37 Charizard in the PC :(

A Fire starter cannot be abided to live

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Colonel J posted:

goddamn I was hoping they released it

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I haven't tuned in to this in forever, then I come in to see the stream's Magikarp splashing at an enemy Ditto that's splashing back. :allears:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Wow this is still a thing? Also, didn't we already do red/blue?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I love that we taught the Take Down TM to Poliwag.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I mean I guess they could eventually get Magikarp to evolve due to reverse-attrition but I'll be amazed if they don't release it by, what is it, level 20?

Also, nickname game is pretty weak this run

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Michaellaneous posted:

Wow this is still a thing? Also, didn't we already do red/blue?

It's been brought back for the anniversary.

Buh
May 17, 2008

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Did he actually straight up use that hack or did he modify it further? Mr. DJB LPed this exact version a while ago and trade evolutions don't actually work like the hacker intended, the game doesn't check for evolution conditions for in-game trades since it never happens in the original.

That won't be a gamebreaker because Alakazam etc are also in the wild in this hack.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

They're still trying to beat Misty... Poor Kakuna is level 15 now.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I think using a hack to up the difficulty was really unnecessary. They have enough trouble as it is, and I don't see how anarchy can beat the AI without a level advantage.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Why change a good thing? The original game was fun enough. It brought along its own randomness. You don't need a hack to introduce that.

Buh
May 17, 2008
The purpose of the hack was more to make a full pokedex actually possible.
But unless they also hack a way for us to get thousands of poke balls it's still completely impossible anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Buh posted:

The purpose of the hack was more to make a full pokedex actually possible.
But unless they also hack a way for us to get thousands of poke balls it's still completely impossible anyway.

Can the hack still do the Missingno glitch? If we accomplish that by accident then maybe...

• Locked thread