Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buh
May 17, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

Can the hack still do the Missingno glitch? If we accomplish that by accident then maybe...

Should do, but the chances of us using fly correctly are essentialy nil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

The missingno glitch requires precise item placement in our bags and semi-precise movement so it's not going to happen.

The hack is unfortunately pointless because there's no real way for TPP to complete the pokedex. It's not like beating the elite four where you could brute force it after enough attempts - completing the pokedex will require that Twitch fumbles with the PC repeatedly (boxes won't automatically change when they fill up), that they catch all the legendaries in one go, as they don't respawn (it was nothing short of miraculous that we caught Battery Bird in the first run, now we have to do it at least four more times for the birds and Mewtwo), and even beyond all of that, they frequently just straight don't have any money to buy pokeballs and when they get some, they waste them on trainers.

Buh
May 17, 2008
It might actually be a feasible goal in a later game - all of these problems are significantly reduced by gen 3. Even doing it with Fire Red might have made it actually possible.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Gen 3 still would have the problem of non-respawning legendaries. I think that wasn't a thing until Black/White, except for cover legendaries I guess?

e: I guess they introduced it somewhere mid Gen 4, since it apparently happens in HG/SS but I don't think it does in D/P.

Admiral H. Curtiss fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 15, 2015

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Unfortunately trying to complete the Pokedex with a later gen would add as many problems as it would solve, seeing as the Pokedex would be several times larger.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

CuwiKhons posted:

And even beyond all of that, they frequently just straight don't have any money to buy pokeballs and when they get some, they waste them on trainers.

Given that you can only ever battle trainers once, and wild held items are not a thing, this is going to make it all but impossible. Except for the E4, the amount of money theoretically available in Gen 1 is fixed. Once they waste it, it's gone. (Yeah, there's Pay Day to partially lift that cap, but again, you need to be able to battle to use it)

And as others have pointed out, without the level advantage, even the E4 route is closed to them.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
Charizard just got rid of scratch for Flamethrower.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Burned a Starmie to death to finally beat Misty on like run 18.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

I just tuned in to see a splashing Magikarp beat Misty (her last pokemon got burned and spammed harden).

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
And Magikarp* just beat Misty.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I'm not even sure how they managed that.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Somewhere up in the sky, a Venomoth is looking down fondly

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Nice to see there's still some nice fanart being made.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

We caught a Fearow named "llluuu(::" exact number of Ls and Us up for debate. The parenthesis may also be the other way around.

"Bird Lulucifer" seems to be popular in chat.

edit: they are going nuts trying to get Lulu out of the PC.

Remora fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Feb 15, 2015

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I like baab the fish.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

They spent all their money on pokeballs and now they just keep catching Diglets, I think they're up to 4 or 5 now.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
One step away from replacing Flamethrower with Dig.
It would've been so much fun :(

And the lizard and the fish are in the PC. Nice knowing you.

Mymla fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 15, 2015

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
So in addition to the damage every round, Burn applies a penalty where your Attack is halved. If your opponent successfully uses a stat-affecting move, such as a Kakuna spamming Harden, that Attack penalty is applied again and stacks.

:gen1:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Rest in peace Charizard. You were too evolved for this world.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Kylra posted:

Rest in peace Charizard. You were too evolved for this world.

Did they release it or just box it?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

dude789 posted:

Did they release it or just box it?
It's just hanging out in the box with Magikarp and a dozen Digletts.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I consider anything in the PC to be dead until it is successfully pulled out.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Kylra posted:

I consider anything in the PC to be dead until it is successfully pulled out.

Rick Gastley agrees with you both on never coming out on the box and also being dead

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Rick Gastly had the horrible fate of being trapped in the daycare, which needed several successful ledge jumps to get to, as opposed to any normal pc

:rip:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Those were some pretty amazing PC shenanigans.
Deposited entire team, withdrew 4 diglett, paras and weepinbell.

Then somehow we ended up depositing most of that and withdrawing poliwhirl, charizard, mankey, magikarp, krabby and kakuna. A bunch of diglett and other stuff died in the struggle.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

They somehow managed to trade poliwhirl for a jynx.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I just want to see magikarp and kakuna evolve. :(

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Redditors are dropping two bucks a pop to roleplay as a piece of data in a video game. I'm unbelievably jealous of the stream creator for coming up with this glorious scam.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Is there any way to find out how much the TPP creator has made from this?

Whatever the amount, I'm happy for them :)

e: so much for our Jynx :lol:

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Feb 16, 2015

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Trying to go back to the PC again now. But the soul still burns.

E: Magikarp pulled out again while I wasn't looking. There may be a significant faction trying to go back again.

Hazo posted:

Redditors are dropping two bucks a pop to roleplay as a piece of data in a video game. I'm unbelievably jealous of the stream creator for coming up with this glorious scam.
Not really a scam if they're really enjoying it.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 16, 2015

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I meant "scam" in a very loose and non-negative way. I don't know how else to describe how they're getting showered in cash for literally doing nothing but setting up a stream so people can obsessively fight over buttons and sabotage themselves in order to make reddit memes. It's awesome.

Speaking of sabotage I'm completely baffled how there haven't been more complete disasters yet this go-around. At first I thought perhaps it's because it took them a year but finally learned to work together. Or maybe because the hordes of people directly trolling the stream long ago got bored and moved on. But then I watched the PC struggles a couple hours ago and even though they released the Jynx they appeared to narrowly avoid killing Magikarp and Charizard out of dumb luck. So now I have no idea how things haven't gone totally belly up yet.

edit: lol welp they just can't stop loving with the pc because Kakuna memes. Amazing.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Feb 16, 2015

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

And now they released the best-named Pokemon in a futile attempt to get Gakuna. Great :mmmhmm:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

We currently have Charizard and no one else in the party. I smell a Bloody Sunday

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Magickarp dead :(

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Magickarp dead :(

There goes our chance to see a lvl100 magikarp rock the Elite4. :smith:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Seriously this Kakuna is going to be the end of us

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Is there a list of all the poo poo they've thrown away somewhere?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

http://googledoc.twitchplayspokemon.info/

:stare: Jesus ... so many dead

Buh
May 17, 2008
Here is a google doc that gets updated more or less in real time that covers pretty much everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

RIP Charizard

• Locked thread