Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The best part of UBW isn't a high quality adaptation of a good thing, it's trying not to drink yourself into a stupor over the thread, each post worse than the last (including your own).

I for one cannot wait for something awful user Squidster's attempts to be anime Roger Ebert, Silver's inability to understand what a joke is, or my own inevitable poor decision to defend something about it. :suicide:

Also realtalk Richard Spacious, what's your beef with this franchise anyway?

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I don't know who rich spacious is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rich 'lowtax' spacious

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

I don't know who rich spacious is.

A phone typo, common in these here parts.

That Digimon Adventure 3 thing will hopefully be as good as Tsuritama.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I don't know who richard spacious is.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

A good poster. We would be lost without his wisdom

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Rodyle posted:

I for one cannot wait for something awful user Squidster's attempts to be anime Roger Ebert, Silver's inability to understand what a joke is, or my own inevitable poor decision to defend something about it. :suicide:
From the depths I am summoned! Yeah, I'm watching UBW because I enjoy interesting flawed things.

Arslan might be cool, but I'll certainly give it a try for at least standing out from the rest of this season's offerings. I'll wait for the goon reaction to see if there's unexpected gems like Bahamut.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Also realtalk Richard Spacious, what's your beef with this franchise anyway?
Probably the lack of this:

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

hot and sexy pictures of saber

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I don't think he's being ironic?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Captain Invictus posted:

When people say they like My Love Story, they're talking about the manga. While I have high hopes for the anime, they could still gently caress it up, so until it's actually airing and confirmed great, I'm still going to just say "read the manga, is good"

The chance that Morio Asaka will gently caress it up is so incredibly slim that it basically doesn't exist.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Morio Asaka is the director of Chihayafuru, the Neon Genesis Evangelion of ADTRW.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Pretty much anything Asaka has touched directorial wise has been gold, so it'd be weird to assume he wouldn't do good now. He directed CCS, the good Gunslinger Girls, NANA, and what's already been mentioned. He did do Chobits as well, which is a solid adaptation regardless of what you think of the material he was working with. That would be one of the only black marks on his record though and it's not a huge one.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Endorph posted:

90% of the cast is incredibly boring and nothing really interesting happens except for the waver/rider relationship and its conclusion

stay night is 'more anime' and has pacing issues but at least that gives the cast room to breathe and the story time to actually crack a goddamn smile once in a while

don't forget that Urobuchi managed to sneak in another one of his signature sexually charged "man brutally kills woman" scenes

aers
Feb 15, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfC8x-5VPhM

Blood Blockade Battlefront PV.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

yo that one dude looks straight out of hellboy, but nice animation otherwise

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

lol he is straight from hellboy

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I'm mildly interested in that show. Not sure if I will give it the three episode test.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

hellboy owns

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

hellboy owns

oh poo poo its written by the trigun dude and reads like hellboy fanfiction, and rie matsumoto (kyousigiga) is doing the directing

oughta keep an eye on it

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Silver's inability to understand what a joke is

No, you just aren't funny.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Silver2195 posted:

No, you just aren't funny.

And neither is anyone else according to the Silverbot5k

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Etotama PV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8U7Jl7c7Qs

3D animation... ugh... I dunno how to feel about it.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

This has such a bizarrely Baccano/Durarara vibe to it. Still interested in it, if nothing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rodyle posted:

And neither is anyone else according to the Silverbot5k

ladies, ladies, you're all bad posters

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
At what point did "wow ufotable table shows always looks really good even on a tv budget" turn into "they use lots of digital effects to touch up budget saving scenes and frame their action sequences in a way that can get away with limited animation" and then into "ufotable can't actually animate".

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

at what point is studio ufotable going to draw and animate saber's bare breasts so i can see them on my television screen?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

at what point is studio ufotable going to draw and animate saber's bare breasts so i can see them on my television screen?
i think he gets shirtless in fate/prototype

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm most excited for the Kyokai No Kanata movie, but Ninja Slayer is definitely going to be awesome and I'll give Hibike! Euphonium a shot. It's too bad about Triage X, because the premise sounds really cool, but I really hate fanservice shows.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Fighting nurses alone sounds like the premise of a fanservice show.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

quote:

Plastic Memories
Dogakobo, Yoshiyuki Fujiwara - Sci-Fi
This story takes place in a future not too far away when androids that look exactly like humans begin to spread across the world. The android production company SA Corp. produced Giftia, a new kind of android that has the most amount of emotion and human-like qualities out of any other model ever seen. However, due to problems in technology, the androids have a service life, and once they pass that, they... Well, it gets pretty bad. For this reason, SA Corp. creates a terminal service in order to retrieve Giftia that have gone past their service life. A new employee at the terminal service named Tsukasa Mizugaki forms a team with the Giftia Isla to retrieve the other androids, but...

Is the yuruyuri studio seriously trying to make anime blade runner?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Fighting nurses alone sounds like the premise of a fanservice show.

quote:

At first glance, Arashi Mikami appears to be a normal, albeit socially awkward, 17-year-old high school student. He's actually part of a secret vigilante organization known as Black Label, a group dedicated to executing power-hungry criminals the law refuses to deal with; however, taking down a crime lord isn't always an easy task, and there are bound to be consequences for any action...

That sounds great and doesn't mention the fanservice stuff. I wish a plot like that wasn't wasted by being so trashy in execution.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Phobophilia posted:

Its probably going to be a fanservice anime for most of the show, but then at the very end have a sad ending so everybody talks about how deep their anime boob show is.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

SA corp haha

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

WickedHate posted:

That sounds great and doesn't mention the fanservice stuff. I wish a plot like that wasn't wasted by being so trashy in execution.

Sounds similar to Akame ga Kill.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

I also liked the idea behind Akame ga Kill but it turned out to be way too unironically grimdark.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

the plot in that blows

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

WickedHate posted:

Trashiness is the point of Triage X and HSotD. They're T&A + Ultraviolence + a bit of nationalism/traditionalism, like an 80s OVA done with modern techniques and character archetypes.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Paracelsus posted:

Trashiness is the point of Triage X and HSotD. They're T&A + Ultraviolence + a bit of nationalism/traditionalism, like an 80s OVA done with modern techniques and character archetypes.

90s/80s OVAs are awesome, though, or at least the ones I've seen. Never seen High School of the Dead but that's also disappointing to hear, since I heard some good things about it.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Phobophilia posted:

Hey, as long as they can do another season of Nozaki down the road, I'm cool with them doing anime Blade Runner. Failing that, just give me more Love Lab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Phobophilia posted:

It's got the dude who wrote Steins;Gate doing series composition so I'm expecting something like that.

• Locked thread