Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

MrTheDevious posted:

:stare: I gotta go see this

If all the old books are still there, there was one detailing the character's encounter with a couple of bears that's a pretty :gonk: read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

DeathSandwich posted:

If all the old books are still there, there was one detailing the character's encounter with a couple of bears that's a pretty :gonk: read.

I put all the old goon books out on a table in the main room of the guild hall.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

boho posted:

Most progression guilds collapse in VP. From what I saw of Vado, they're slated to collapse long before that due to bad leadership.

Is there still that table in the back of the guild hall for books with guild members' (E)RP backstories? When I saw the tale of the slave-born half-human half-arasi who was thrown out of Neriak because her powers were too great, I :yikes:'d my way straight back to FF14.

This is truth, and I apologize to anybody else that got suckered into this train after I posted about them in the old thread. We should probably remove the little blurb about us being in there in the OP just in case someone decides to pick this up later.

Also someone just suggested in Vado about logging into YOGS and taking all the tradeskill mats out so....

Givin fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 7, 2015

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Givin posted:

This is truth, and I apologize to anybody else that got suckered into this train after I posted about them in the old thread. We should probably remove the little blurb about us being in there in the OP just in case someone decides to pick this up later.

Also someone just suggested in Vado about logging into YOGS and taking all the tradeskill mats out so....

Only Trustees can remove mats from the boxes. I did remove gbank access from rank 3 though.

I took the Vado blurb out of OP.

revenance
Sep 7, 2003

can you hear the sleepless lullaby?

Tsurupettan posted:

Only Trustees can remove mats from the boxes. I did remove gbank access from rank 3 though.

I took the Vado blurb out of OP.

If it wasn't for the ArcheAge thread I think this would be the forerunner for random guild drama in a new thread.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
If you think for a second I'd leave anything worth more than let's say 100p in a guild harvest depot you've lost your loving mind.

Edit: If you need new mats that badly you're thinking of taking them from an old, neglected guild hall that no one runs the havesters on, you're just way too smart for this game!

Sarah fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 7, 2015

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I figured all that stuff was in order but it seemed like such a total dick thing to do without even asking first. There might be a billion elm logs in there that never get used, but those are goon logs dammit.

Please feel free to make fun of my UI. Didn't mean to start/cause any dramas.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
They named him Dranosh

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Hmm I wonder how much poo poo I can steal from the Vado guild bank and put in YOGS...

:v:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

MrTheDevious posted:

Hmm I wonder how much poo poo I can steal from the Vado guild bank and put in YOGS...

:v:

I know you're joking but don't do this. It was one idiot who isn't even in YOGS on any characters. Dude has WoW names and I saw a few different 'left the guild' messages that follow that theme. Unless I missed one.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

quote:

The Brief History of The Battle Mage Cloacca

This is simply a example A demo if you please. I plan to make myself a more i depth story Later in life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No one knows the exact origin of Cloacca, some say that she was raised as a slave to Orcs as a child in the Northern Wastes. Others say that she was a commoner with a wifely duties and a child of her own that was taken from her by death. This book has been written to give a full explanation to where the mysterious Cloacca truly originated.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cloacca is a Arasai that grew up in the deepest parts of neriaks dungeon, Born into slavery by her mother, A low Arasi named Kahleesie, and her Mothers owner,The feared leader of Freeport, Lucan D'Lere. Fearing the power that this newborn Arasai/Human Hybrid contained he gave the child and its mother and the Orcish commanders that controlled the raiding force against Qeynos as a peace offering. Through Cloaccas younger life she grew up only fear, and pain. By the month of her 16th year, she had been training the dark arts of Warlocks and had mastered its abilities and led a slave revolt which in the end cost her the life of her mother. Her raid captured a small trading boat for which she used to sail to Qeynos. Being a Arasai that had practiced dark arts, she was immediatly rejected from Qeynos , and her hopes of being a civilian of Qeynos were ruined. With this Guilt, and despair she went and lived the next 6 years alone as a Pirate sailing the 5 sea's with only her crew of 4 Holding, and building hate towards her father for selling her and her mother.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This feared Arasai now travels the seas waiting for the perfect opportunity to take revenge on her father and become the next heir of Freeport. To rule with a Iron fist. and to reek havoc upon all the orcs of the Northern Wastes.

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.
Oh gently caress, now I want to uninstall EQ just from reading that.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
What's the best DPS calculator now? I'm pretty sure my merc is doing at least twice as much damage as I am.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

joshtothemaxx posted:

What's the best DPS calculator now? I'm pretty sure my merc is doing at least twice as much damage as I am.

http://advancedcombattracker.com/

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

There's a joke in there about the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
Im glad I am not the only one. Grabbed a merc and went to Butcherblock and was humbled by how fast it lit everything up.

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

How do expansions work now? As a free player do I have access to all the expansions except the latest one when I join? My SOE account page has no information on what content I have enabled, but they do manage to make every other button i press land me on a page to sign up for membership!

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

The Bramble posted:

How do expansions work now? As a free player do I have access to all the expansions except the latest one when I join?

All but the latest two. The latest expansion comes with the previous expansion included, everything before that becomes free.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Well this probably isn't good for us.

http://www.eqnextfans.com/news/30754-daybreak-layoffs-goodbye-david-georgeson

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!
That didn't take long

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I'm going on a trip to Maryland for a few days so don't bother looking for my 2 characters in the OP for invites. Just /who all goone and ask, everyone should be able to invite.

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
Or it could be great for us. Get someone new and hungry in there.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Favorabilis Solitud posted:

Or it could be great for us. Get someone new and hungry in there.

Let's get someone new in that won't forget about scout and brawler weapons for 2 expansions and act like that was intended.

Yeah, keep using that toe slasher from PK for a few years.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Sony is a big, succesful company isn't it? Why are they needing to sell so many huge IPs to a shady rear end Russian investment firm?

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
They should just consolidate every server into one and rename it "East Commonlands '99"

Also, I found something on another website.

Dcareysoe posted:

Hey guys,
I came on to say goodbye to you guys (at least in my current role, prepare for lurking), but after scanning the front page I wanted to change the flavor of the post a bit.
Columbus Nova deserves no hate in all this. They are more like white knights than negative forces here. SOE needed a shake up/new direction, and CN provided that. They have done
nothing but been gracious in their new ownership, and they went out of their way to make sure that Devs and support teams that got laid off were taken care of. Right now things seem
lovely, and of course for the folks that were let go, today was rough, but CN and DB were both very open about the need for restructuring. This wasn't a surprise to folks in the company.

Gaming is a tough industry, and not for everyone. I've seen lots of people come and go, both good and otherwise. The fact is, there are no (or at least, extremely few) permanent gaming jobs.
If you want to have just one job in your career, don't pick gaming, or even computer software. It's just the nature of the beast in such a pioneering industry. But the flip side is that there
is always a new opportunity awaiting, it just may require a move to a new location or some other sacrifice.

Most of the let go folks will be working in the gaming industry soon. The rest may decide to move on to other, less volatile lines of work. But no one I talked to regrets their time making games
for folks to enjoy. It's a rare job that lets you bring pleasure to so many people's lives.

Back to the subject - if you guys feel angry or betrayed, it would be misdirected to place that at the feet of the new company. They didn't bring in new staff to replace us, or say we did a
lovely job and treat us poorly - they looked at the bottom line and the numbers just didn't line up. The new layout lines up now, and the goal is that DB can be successful and move on from
this and eventually expand again. Saying "I'm cancelling my sub" or "I'm never buying another thing in PS2" isn't the right tactic, as much as the former Devs appreciate the intent of your
support. If you want to make a positive impact, then keep doing what you're doing - if you like the game, play it. Give feedback. Get your friends to play. Buy what you want to, and what you
feel gives you value. If you aren't happy, tell DB through the means you do now, social media and /bug reports. The game will grow or shrink depending on how you guys act, which is how it should
be. If you make a statement on principal for the dearly departed devs, you will be hurting the remaining staff who have worked just as hard to make you guys a game you like to play. They may not
be all names you know, but trust me, they put their blood, sweat, and tears into this.

TL;DR - CN didn't do this, it was something that had to be done. CN is providing a chance for the games you love to continue going

-David C, former PS2 Producer

Edit: Ugh seeing the 'former dev' post header brought things home; I'll miss you and your well-meaning pitchforks

Thread found here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2vm5nl/dont_hate_on_columbus_novadaybreak/

Favorabilis Solitud fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Feb 13, 2015

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

boho posted:

Most progression guilds collapse in VP. From what I saw of Vado, they're slated to collapse long before that due to bad leadership.

What do they get stuck on? I remember back in the day Trak was a nightmare of giant hitboxes and finicky positioning, but most of VP consisted of mobs with like no mechanics outside of Druushk and Nexona and that one rear end in a top hat with the electric floor.

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
Im bored, anyone want to run me through CB a time or two? I am in a guild but there is one guy that is only on and I don't think he is ever at his keyboard. I am Lunkk, friend me if you have an alt you want to level.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I'll be on AB a ton this weekend and would love to run some 20-50 dungeons like Crushbone and Runnyeye. Hit me up if you see me, I'll be on one of these three: Cattecattecatte, Fishingforcats, or Woowoowoowoowoo.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy
Woo, so I hit 100 last night and wrapped up the dino mount quest line and am now wondering what to do. When I quit 100 plat was a pretty obscene amount of money so after all that questing, etc. I only have around 2.5k to spend and am wondering what the best bang for my buck would be.

Here's my char profile if it helps: http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/871879243738

Right now I have 24 of my spells Master or better and the rest are Expert so I'm pretty set in that department for the moment and could use gear/adornment advice.

I have one 4/4 yellow malice piece of gear from killing overland mobs but I can't see myself devoting too much time to that method of farming given the competition. This morning I also ran through the pirate advanced solo zone without any problems and got some gear from two quests and a few adorns, but it seems like just going for mastercrafted is a much faster way to get out of the yellow tier and into blue.

1) Would I be correct in thinking that I should use my money to get Mastercrafted gear? If so, which pieces are highest priority (I'm thinking resist jewelry and chest/legs for stamina)?

2) With my resists between 110k - 114k, and my HP with food/drink going 482k, what group dungeons could I realistically do?

Thanks!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Verranicus posted:

Sony is a big, succesful company isn't it? Why are they needing to sell so many huge IPs to a shady rear end Russian investment firm?

Sony's pc department had been hemoraging money for a while now to the point that they've dumping everything having to do with it.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
It's a fine morning for a ddos attack!

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Hey guy with gear questions and stuff I will answer your post when I finish driving 12 more hours back home.

Sardikar
Sep 27, 2004
I cant think of anything to put here.

For some reason I have been doing the Peacock Club quest line...HOW BATSHIT AM I!

Also could I please get access to the collectibles/SHINNIES box in the guild hall please? Been putting items into the box as well as the Lore and Legend and spell book box, I put back what I take out honest...

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
The druid ring NPC in the YOGS guild hall refuses to open portals.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Givin posted:

druid union is on strike, they want more charmable animals in max level zones

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Givin posted:

That happens to me in a lot of guild halls, druid / wizard makes the motions but portals don't open. :(

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Sardikar posted:

For some reason I have been doing the Peacock Club quest line...HOW BATSHIT AM I!

Hero of Maj Dul here! ...
FML

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

The only times the portals don't 'open' for me is if I am in raid-quality graphics (e.g. everything is minimum) and they're opening but they don't render.

Sardikar posted:

Also could I please get access to the collectibles/SHINNIES box in the guild hall please? Been putting items into the box as well as the Lore and Legend and spell book box, I put back what I take out honest...

What character do you want promoted up?

Goblin posted:

Woo, so I hit 100 last night and wrapped up the dino mount quest line and am now wondering what to do. When I quit 100 plat was a pretty obscene amount of money so after all that questing, etc. I only have around 2.5k to spend and am wondering what the best bang for my buck would be.

Here's my char profile if it helps: http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/871879243738

Right now I have 24 of my spells Master or better and the rest are Expert so I'm pretty set in that department for the moment and could use gear/adornment advice.

I have one 4/4 yellow malice piece of gear from killing overland mobs but I can't see myself devoting too much time to that method of farming given the competition. This morning I also ran through the pirate advanced solo zone without any problems and got some gear from two quests and a few adorns, but it seems like just going for mastercrafted is a much faster way to get out of the yellow tier and into blue.

1) Would I be correct in thinking that I should use my money to get Mastercrafted gear? If so, which pieces are highest priority (I'm thinking resist jewelry and chest/legs for stamina)?

2) With my resists between 110k - 114k, and my HP with food/drink going 482k, what group dungeons could I realistically do?

Thanks!

Okay, starting with Jewelry:

Xiocite wrists, tourmaline ring and cadmium stud are the best pieces. But if this is your first/only 100, all of the jewelry is valuable anyway because you have no hand-me-downs. I hope you had a crafter friend make you the stuff for just the rares+fuel, because on AB at least, you can buy the rares+fuel for half the price of a finished ring.

I generally think buying MC armor is a bad idea unless you have a few slots you can think ahead toward and know you don't need to reforge it, because you can't reforge MC/HC gear.

Replace your cloak with a Doublecast/skills or Doublecast/cb/pot cloak. I suggest skills. It's the 'terrus' cloak.

You kind of hosed yourself over on Reuse. All you can do now is bite the bullet and reforge as much reuse off elsewhere. Your chest and pants are 106% reuse on their own. Reforge as much reuse into ability mod as you can. You want around 45,000 to 50,000 ab mod.

Put a doublecast purple adorn in your shoulders. These are vendor-only in Phantom Seas. The rest are probably going to be Power. Older Power adorns from ToV for etyma are acceptable fillers too, just not long-term solutions.

If you like pvp, get a pvp neck. They're great and perfectly fine for pve.

I see you have a few max hp pieces. That's good. Two +% hp pieces are great for newer players. Later on, if you start raiding, you might drop them. Depends on taste, really.

Ability mod adorns are really poor returns. I know these are free since they're electrified, but kick 'em out. Put resists (even cheap ones) on the 6 resist slots for now, and you can swap them out for other things if you get a lot of gear down the line. I'd normally recommend a few spots for Reuse adorns but... Well, you've got too much to reforge out of as it is. It's generally better to adorn cast speed or reuse and reforge it into other stats.

Get rid of some recovery, you have too much.

War Runes are expensive and I'd help you get some but wrong server RIP.

e2: http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/515400589950 This guy is one of our parse toppers and is pretty solid, though made some choices that don't apply to you (pvp gear choices mostly).

http://www.eq2flames.com/warlocks/74197-mogrims-school-warlocks.html This writeup is really great and Mogrim is the best non-russian warlock probably. READ THIS! Being good at button pushing will do infinitely more for you than reforging tiny percentages of stats here and there.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Feb 16, 2015

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

No work today. Hit max level on my other serve, time to rock AB's world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy

Tsurupettan posted:

I'm going to answer this in a couple hours now that I've got some real sleep and am not out of my mind. I'll edit this post accordingly.

Awesome, I did sell a few duplicate masters recently so I splurged and bought some mastercrafted stuff to bring my resists over 130k and my HP w/ food/drink to 581k (the eq2u profile is up to date I think) but am holding off on any more until I hear what ya think.

Oh and thank you for the stat cap write-up in the OP, I spent a while combing through mostly out of date information trying to figure out what current caps are (especially now a mage's ranged weapon does appreciable damage, what a surprise that was to find out). Then I happened to remember a part of the OP mentioning stats and there it all was!

I kept wondering why I'd get cloth armor rewards with DPS and Attack Speed stats and initially just wrote it off as auto-vendor loot :cry: