Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

And there goes Charizard.

Buh posted:

Here is a google doc that gets updated more or less in real time that covers pretty much everything.

Thanks. :)

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Feb 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buh
May 17, 2008
Ahaha we changed boxes so all of our non-murdered Pokemon are inaccessible anyway.
At least we didn't end up with Magikarp or Kakuna as the sole survivor.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Aw man, I missed them releasing Charizard.

However they pretty much have to go back to the PC at this point anyway, Mankey is too low level to do anything at all. I hope they release Kakuna instead of retrieve him.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
drat that is some carnage

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I hope they throw away everything but Kakuna and Paras.

Also catch another Magikarp.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Yeah this run of pokemon Red is way less entertaining than the original.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I thought it was pretty fun up until the loving PC shenanigans.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Webbeh posted:

I thought it was pretty fun up until the loving PC shenanigans.

Yeah, with the lvl 50 starter gone, this might be on hold for a little while.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Kylra posted:

I hope they throw away everything but Kakuna and Paras.

Also catch another Magikarp.

That might be difficult. They didn't catch the Magikarp. They bought it from the guy in the pokemon center before Mount Moon.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Kind of glad Charizard ended up getting released, otherwise he was going to become another Lasergator, carrying everyone through everything by sheer virtue of being massively overleveled.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

CuwiKhons posted:

Kind of glad Charizard ended up getting released, otherwise he was going to become another Lasergator, carrying everyone through everything by sheer virtue of being massively overleveled.

Yeah, now is when the fun begins.

http://i.imgur.com/qbjxKu5.webm

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

:siren: Box changed, Pokemon withdrawn :siren:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I like how they're all blaming Europe :allears:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

That's a lot of Digletts.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

A Steampunk Gent posted:

:siren: Box changed, Pokemon withdrawn :siren:

Man that took them long enough, I watched on and off for about 2 hours before I wandered off and they spent that whole time just trying to switch boxes and whining.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Where did the renewed interest in this come from?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Because they're doing the game where stuff can easily get royally screwed up while performing essential functions again.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

argondamn posted:

Where did the renewed interest in this come from?

It's the anniversary and Gen1 is the generation with so many fucky mechanics that it can really screw them over easily, while still forcing them to interact with those mechanics.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

I got almost the whole lot to agree on catching a meowth, and then the bloody thing breaks the great ball. Now what!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Hahahaha of course they couldn't stop loving with the PC and screwing everything up. Classic.

Not sure if this is legit but apparently even the streamer is getting pissed at the redditors etc. who keep crashing everything

quote:

[Chat] <projectrevotpp> *** guys, you are seriously asking for it.

<ironicsalmon> @Projectrevotpp This is the nature of TPP. Don't let the streamer reset please. We'll get over this
<projectrevotpp> @Ironicsalmon Thats not what we're concern about
<projectrevotpp> @Ironicsalmon If it gets bad enough and you guys somehow "deadlock" yourself, we'll have to do something
<projectrevotpp> To the point it is impossible to grind and get back

<projectrevotpp> This is really bad.

<projectrevotpp> In the event it actually got this bad, I considered streamer taking control and putting on a walk thru walls and taking you back to Pallet Town to try again.
<projectrevotpp> Although, thats a bit of an extreme solution.

<projectrevotpp> I dont consider it a deadlock yet, you still have Box 1

<projectrevotpp> If you somehow get the Karp and release everything else, then I really would.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Hazo posted:

Hahahaha of course they couldn't stop loving with the PC and screwing everything up. Classic.

Not sure if this is legit but apparently even the streamer is getting pissed at the redditors etc. who keep crashing everything
This is now my goal when I am putting in inputs. It will be a new first.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
We really aren't making a lot of progress. I think we've spent the last five or so hours randomly walking around vermillion, sometimes walking outside to die to trash mons in the grass.
Half the stream seems to want to PC it up and get Kakuna out, and I'm not sure what the other half wants.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I feel like there's other hacks out there that probably allow you to get all 151 pokemon without making the game harder and he really should have used those. TPP had enough trouble with the difficulty level of the first game without getting their poo poo pushed in by every passing wild pokemon.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

CuwiKhons posted:

I feel like there's other hacks out there that probably allow you to get all 151 pokemon without making the game harder and he really should have used those. TPP had enough trouble with the difficulty level of the first game without getting their poo poo pushed in by every passing wild pokemon.

I've searched for those in the past and they're surprisingly hard to find. The hack they're using is pretty much the only one that comes up when you search "Pokemon Red 151". I think there's others out there that don't mess with the difficulty, but they require a lot more digging to find.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Zonekeeper posted:

I've searched for those in the past and they're surprisingly hard to find. The hack they're using is pretty much the only one that comes up when you search "Pokemon Red 151". I think there's others out there that don't mess with the difficulty, but they require a lot more digging to find.

Fair enough I guess, but with the upped difficulty you might as well just make the goal to beat the elite four again since it's much harder this time, rather than making completing the pokedex the goal. That would at least be feasible.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Can't you just use that randomizer thing and set it so all mons appear in at least one area?

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

CuwiKhons posted:

Fair enough I guess, but with the upped difficulty you might as well just make the goal to beat the elite four again since it's much harder this time, rather than making completing the pokedex the goal. That would at least be feasible.

Honestly, enough tools exist to gently caress around with the old Pokemon roms that a single person can make a patch that adjusts the encounter tables pretty easily. It's tedious as hell, but gui tools streamline it a bit. Alternately, there's also an encounter randomizer out there that would have probably been the perfect solution for this run.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Twitch appears to be in the Pokemon Center struggling between using the PC again and running away from it. I'm not sure which side I want to root for.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

PC. We must get Kakuna.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

There's been enough bloodshed for one day, I'd rather we made some progress rather than spend another half day battling the PC

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

Upside: Continued PC usage may lead to a reset.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Now wandering like an asylum escapee in the middle of Cerulean. Why are they there? How are they going to get back a decent team?

isndl
May 2, 2012
Well, they just managed to withdraw a Diglett with no casualties before walking away from the PC. Looks like they're still fighting to use it though.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Beyond them just pitching ever Pokémon caught into the wind, I don't get how this "catch all 151" mission is supposed to be possible unless 1) everything has a minimal catch rate so that even base Pokéballs will work on everything, and 2) legendaries you normally only encounter once can be re-fought until you catch them. And then the added hurdle of them losing half their money each time they faint...

There some sort of info on the changes this romhack included?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Seeing as it's literally impossible for them to catch everything, I'm just gonna settle for them seeing all the pokemon. That, at least, is possible.

isndl
May 2, 2012
Kakuna is dead.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

isndl posted:

Kakuna is dead.
Rest in peace.

Ok, now we can get away from the PC.

E: A few others died too but I missed it.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Looks like they spent an day trying to get the stupid Kakuna, releasing every good pokemon they had in the process, only to end up releasing Kakuna too. Internet. :allears:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

It was magical, and everything I ever wanted from TPP. Except actually getting kakuna, evolving it, and having it carry.

Right now it's an Onix and 3 Diglets (a Dugtrio!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Wait, we need a plant for cut right? :getin: the PC for Weepinbell

• Locked thread