Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://adventure.doublefine.com/

still need to pay, though. maybe you can filez it somewhere, who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
finally something from DF worth $10

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
can we crowdfund buying this documentary and livestream it?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

dMastri posted:

No, see, crowdfunding is wrong when you do it because

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

gnarlyhotep posted:

Waiting for Godus

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I want to slap Peter Molyneux on his big fat bald head and say "YOU BEEN TANGOED".

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
That's why its just olde tyme pixel platformers around my house. Shovel Knight never lied to me.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

now that the grim fandango remaster is out interest in double fine will die down, since we got what we wanted.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

reminder that there have actually been some really rad kickstarter games that never would have been picked up by big publishers, and none of them involved giving money to peter molynenuxeux or tim schafer

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

dMastri posted:

hmm. it's a bit long and unfocused for mst3k fodder due to being made and released alongside the game's development but i can see some :eyepop: when schafer actually audibly makes an obvious bad decision onscreen

might be fun

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Godus dead.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Somebody has probably already made that joke but actually reading a thread before posting is for scrubs.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Double fine also has a book of bad comics floating around, apparently they doodled comics all day instead of making decent games or something.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Like a twelve year old in math class except they were paid millions to do their homework

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
This thread belongs in VIDEO GAMES FORUM

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the coders are definitely doing their job if the documentary is anything to go by, as are the artists. tim kinda molyneux'd it up by not having a story ready to go (it took him 3 years to write, afaik :negative::confused:)

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

quakster posted:

the coders are definitely doing their job if the documentary is anything to go by, as are the artists. tim kinda molyneux'd it up by not having a story ready to go (it took him 3 years to write, afaik :negative::confused:)

now now, he's had enough disappointments of his own in a row that we can say he schafered it up

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

gggiiimmmppp posted:

reminder that there have actually been some really rad kickstarter games that never would have been picked up by big publishers, and none of them involved giving money to peter molynenuxeux or tim schafer

The only one I got in on was Darkest Dungeon, it's pretty kewl :allears:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Inevitable posted:

This thread belongs in VIDEO GAMES FORUM
no don't the godus thread in games has a bad case of people pretending to know more than they actually do, rather than Just Posting whatever, like god intended

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Dre2Dee2 posted:

The only one I got in on was Darkest Dungeon, it's pretty kewl :allears:

Yeah I've backed a few and been pretty lucky. I'm not going to cry and threaten people if the release date slips by two months.

But Shaefer and Molyneux are just full of poo poo.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
For one Peter Molyneux there are 50 video games journalists getting paid to write absolute garbage and contribute nothing in life except commenting on programming that they're too dumb to learn.

Basically every video game journalist is a less talented Peter Molyneux

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
yeah, i wish that every once in awhile a real journalist would write an article about video games, because it's not like they actually would know any less about the subject matter, and the quality of their would make it worth paying attention to for two seconds. Of course then they would get flamed off the internet.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

MVP posted:

For one Peter Molyneux there are 50 video games journalists getting paid to write absolute garbage and contribute nothing in life except commenting on programming that they're too dumb to learn.

Basically every video game journalist is a less talented Peter Molyneux

This is objectively true. The problem is that Molyneux is full of poo poo. I don't think he can help it.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

best part of black & white was loving around with miracles and poo poo

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

gonna write the word "intersectional" as the headline. the body is just a screen from sonic 2.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

The Godus Delusion

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Godus dead
and no one cares,
head to gamestop
I'll meet you there

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

lol tim shaver is making a good transitional article for the next one about him being just as big of a disappointment

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

BeefThief posted:

The Godus Delusion

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
dungeon keeper 2 was awesome game, grim fandango was pretty forgettable though aside from its art/style/concept

CaptainQuirk
May 9, 2009

BeefThief posted:

The Godus Delusion

:vince:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm glad when indie devs make rad games that aren't all about their weird politics.

Athropos
May 4, 2004

"Skeletons are Number One! Flesh just slows you down."
Black and white was actually pretty good if you went straight ti the sandboxy missions and multiplayer thing where you set up a game on a map vs some ai gods.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i played black and white on a computer with 4MB of video memory and got scared when i saw a big sheep god cause it looked like an angry upright baked potato

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

gggiiimmmppp posted:

This. Why are so many indie devs good at making crowd funded or early access games, but these titans of industry cant find their rear end with both hands.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
Because they can't handle even the basics of project management and budgeting. The tools of the OPPRESSORS (publishers)!

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

BKPR posted:

i played black and white on a computer with 4MB of video memory and got scared when i saw a big sheep god cause it looked like an angry upright baked potato

haha nice

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
criticism is just a passive aggressive form of bullying

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

gggiiimmmppp posted:

the first installment of dreamfall chapters was real good and the next release is due on march 10 and i am glad i backed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Has anyone said Bogus yet?

• Locked thread