Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
I guess Hell having internet access explains where the worst of the trolls come from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Amstrad posted:

I guess Hell having internet access explains where the worst of the trolls come from.

Everyone who's compared something to Hitler?

A Hitler sockpuppet.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 73 is out

The Sense Danger skill still mostly used for gags. Also the reveal of the deadly business suit clan.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I wonder how generic you have to be to have a shaded over face in broad daylight.

Also, uh, yeah why did Jee Han even come here, he's kind of useless.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I usually find relationship humor in manga pretty eye-rolling, but for some reason it really gives me a solid chuckle in The Gamer.

Also, devil magic is loving crazy.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

BlitzBlast posted:

Also, uh, yeah why did Jee Han even come here, he's kind of useless.

Have you never played an MMORPG? XP Leeching, obviously.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

He's worried the dad is going to do something heroically stupid, and he wants to try to prevent that.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Because he's the best healer in Korea, and Healers are Clutch, dudes.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!
Well since no one else has posted it yet, Chapter 74 is out

Not much happens it seems this time, though we do get introduced to who the guys in suits are.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Is there even a reason for Jee-Han to be there at this point?

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
He's obviously going to save the little witch/princess whatever she is. He'll get his butt handed to him in the process and get a point in luck when he survives.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
More seriously, this is probably supposed to be the real "for all of your grinding you are still utterly worthless in the grand scheme of things" moment.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
An optimized low level build lets him hit a bit above his weight class, but it still don't mean poo poo in high level play. Jee-Han has literal years if not decades of grinding ahead of him.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Serious Frolicking posted:

An optimized low level build lets him hit a bit above his weight class, but it still don't mean poo poo in high level play. Jee-Han has literal years if not decades of grinding ahead of him.

Good thing he can make a hyperbolic time chamber.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I love that Berith's design continues to be supremely goofy.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Wittgen posted:

I love that Berith's design continues to be supremely goofy.
I know. It's like, what the hell? There's a cartoon in my cartoon!

But there wasn't any Han Jee Han in this chapter.

Maybe the title "The Gamer" covers more than one character? The folks from Hell are gamer's too. The title just switches, depending on who's in the frame.

If I think about it, a bull with wings is really kind of scary. Where could you hide from el Toro?

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Dan7el posted:

If I think about it, a bull with wings is really kind of scary. Where could you hide from el Toro?

Underwater. Time for a waterbreathing skill!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New chapter.

Berith is a goofy-lookin' BAMF

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I sincerely hope these guys with suits don't win.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.

Clarste posted:

I sincerely hope these guys with suits don't win.

The air dragon one seems pretty defeated and the other one must win so that Han Jee can wreck his rear end

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Did Berith just pop his head out of a metal tie clip? That's terrifying.

It seems to be a bit more than mere 'governing and controlling'. I wonder just how far the control goes. Could he control metal dust? Could he control the iron inside someones body?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Holy poo poo, Berith is fuckin' metal. :rock:

:downsrim:

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Kgummy posted:

Did Berith just pop his head out of a metal tie clip? That's terrifying.

It seems to be a bit more than mere 'governing and controlling'. I wonder just how far the control goes. Could he control metal dust? Could he control the iron inside someones body?

There isn't that much metal inside the average person's body.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Brainamp posted:

There isn't that much metal inside the average person's body.

But if he could control the iron in someone's body he could probably gently caress someone up real bad by perforating arteries and such.

Then again you get into the whole "Why don't Airbenders just cause embolisms in people's bloodstreams to beat them etc" arguments when you go that far.

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

Well, Berith did say that if the clip had contained mana of the person wearing it or a will then he couldn't have controlled it as easily. So I'm assuming that controlling metal in someone else's body might theoretically be possible, just a hell of a lot more difficult.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
He said it'd be harder to control metal if it's imbued with mana or had a will of its own. I'd guess any iron in your body would be like that, if not more so.

^^^ :argh:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Holy poo poo, Berith is fuckin' metal. :rock:

:downsrim:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Fleve posted:

Well, Berith did say that if the clip had contained mana of the person wearing it or a will then he couldn't have controlled it as easily. So I'm assuming that controlling metal in someone else's body might theoretically be possible, just a hell of a lot more difficult.

Seems more like he has the ability to bring to life and manipulate metal rather then outright control it.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

But if he could control the iron in someone's body he could probably gently caress someone up real bad by perforating arteries and such.

Then again you get into the whole "Why don't Airbenders just cause embolisms in people's bloodstreams to beat them etc" arguments when you go that far.

My friend once told me Magneto can do this. Can you confirm this using your authority as Western Comics Envoy to ADTRW?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Silento posted:

My friend once told me Magneto can do this. Can you confirm this using your authority as Western Comics Envoy to ADTRW?
You're a Magweirdo :c00l:

Strabo4
Jun 1, 2007

Oh god, I'm 'sperging all
over this thread too!

Silento posted:

He escaped from prison in X2 like that. Mystique injected a guard with a solution of iron and when he delivered food to Magneto, he sucked all the iron out of his body and busted out with it. He's almost as much of a BAMF as Berith.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

You're a Magweirdo :c00l:

I don't know what this means but I am offended nonetheless. :mad:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Silento posted:

I don't know what this means but I am offended nonetheless. :mad:

Feh, typical american. :rolleyes:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I don't imagine they'll ever go in this direction, but it doesn't seem like a big leap in logic to imagine that half of the great demon gods of hell bringing down the barriers between realities and MMOs, and then people suddenly having MMO magical abilities popping up out of no where, yeah that might be connected. OOPS SORRY WE MESSED WITH THE FUNDAMENTAL NATURE OF REALITY SO WE COULD PLAY GAMES :haw:

Also this is a classical image of Berith so this depiction is pretty spot-on:

(source)

A lot of those demons had weird goofy human faces, that was the style of the time:
Astaroth: Baal/Bael:

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 22, 2015

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
One of those tornadoes probably killed Jee-han already.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

PaganGoatPants posted:

One of those tornadoes probably killed Jee-han already.

Jee-Han's dead, from now on the comic is about Berith playing videogames in hell. He was The Gamer all along.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

Slime posted:

Jee-Han's dead, from now on the comic is about Berith playing videogames in hell. He was The Gamer all along.

The Gamer: Goatee Edition

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

XboxPants posted:

I don't imagine they'll ever go in this direction, but it doesn't seem like a big leap in logic to imagine that half of the great demon gods of hell bringing down the barriers between realities and MMOs, and then people suddenly having MMO magical abilities popping up out of no where, yeah that might be connected. OOPS SORRY WE MESSED WITH THE FUNDAMENTAL NATURE OF REALITY SO WE COULD PLAY GAMES :haw:

Also this is a classical image of Berith so this depiction is pretty spot-on:

(source)

A lot of those demons had weird goofy human faces, that was the style of the time:
Astaroth: Baal/Bael:

Classic depictions of demons and angels do such a better job at making them seem otherworldly and unknowable. It's like you can't even comprehend what the gently caress you're seeing so your brain just creates this hodgepodge of things you are familiar with.

Now everyone's the goddamn same and half the time they just look like people in suits.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Well, as an amazing coincidence they also happened to resemble people the artists didn't like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Well, as an amazing coincidence they also happened to resemble people the artists didn't like.

I wonder what that cat and frog did.