Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
Ok, so it's cold here. Colder than usual. Most of the time I don't care too much about the weather. I just stick my head outside and see what's happening. But it's loving cold, people, and I don't want to stick my head outside in weather like this; my ears might fall off. So I figure, well, why not go to a website with "weather" in it to find out what the weather is like. Weather.com. Seems like no-nonsense, right?

It is all nonsense.

First thing I see:

Ahh! Who? Where? People in Siberia.

What the hell?

Adurrrrrrrrrr durrrrrr

Yeah, I'm not sure how spotting a loving octopus will help me decide whether to wear six pairs of pants today so I don't freeze my rear end off.

I've been fighting against a rising tide of cynicism and hatred of humanity since I was a teenager and I've done pretty well for myself. Until today. Thanks, Weather.com, you finally did it. You snapped my faith in humanity like a feeble icicle hanging from the side of a poo poo shed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

is the pleasing fungus in your username magic mushrooms?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
go to weather underground

I LIKE FROSTYS
Sep 11, 2001

A good drink.
They should change the name. Give Weather.Com to the people who just tell you the temp. They can move to OctopusNews or SnowOcean.net. Just my opinion, no flames please

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
But did you spot the octopus?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
i kind of want to be the dudes who write those headlines - I bet they have fun

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

PleasingFungus posted:

What the hell?

Okay you can't just post this and not tell me how those toes are going to save me. Cough it up, what's with the toes?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Sweet Tea posted:

mushrooms on pizza are also good fungus

cant stand them anywhere else though theyre really slimy and i already fill my slimy food group quota with semen

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Sweet Tea posted:

Of course not. Please try to keep this thread on topic.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX
a website with a url that will likely be entered by a gigantic amount of people is full of... ads?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!!?!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Clayren posted:

Okay you can't just post this and not tell me how those toes are going to save me. Cough it up, what's with the toes?
theyre clubbed fingers probably from some sort of pulmonary thing

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Clayren posted:

I think those are fingers. Clubby fingers are a sign of chronic oxygen deprivation. There, I just saved your life.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
If you really want to do something about this, I've got one simple trick discovered by a mom that Big Media DO NOT want you to know about!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Mr. Popo posted:

But did you spot the octopus?

It's too cold.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

use the crazy terrorist wunderground.com you dumbo.

(fuckin lol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_Underground)

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Clayren posted:

According to the National Institute of Health, signs of the top two causes of death in the US, lung cancer and heart disease, can show up in red, bulging fingertips, and downward-curved nails. Your nails can also get hosed up in other ways, because of other diseases. Please look at your fingernails at least once a month.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

I LIKE FROSTYS posted:

They should change the name. Give Weather.Com to the people who just tell you the temp. They can move to OctopusNews or SnowOcean.net. Just my opinion, no flames please

Those Weather.com squatters have got to go, and give weather.com to the true weather hounds. I'm pretty sure Oceanonacid.com hasn't been taken yet

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

I LIKE FROSTYS posted:

try weather.gov

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

HEY VAPER
May 15, 2014

by XyloJW

Sweet Tea posted:

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
"We Haven't Seen This in a Decade."

"How Is This Even Possible?"

"What Happens When You Light a Match Near a Frozen Lake?"

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

you aren't kidding. I was on that page earlier in the week and I was think hooolllyyy shhiiiittt I just want the loving weather, not 100 ridiculous advertisements all over the page. Even finding the hourly forecast or extended forecast was a freaking chore. And when you do, it takes up 15% of the page and the rest is all ads.

dogcrash truther
Nov 2, 2013

That girl is getting sadder and sadder, from the increasing number of dead people

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

fungus status: pleased :shroom:

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

PleasingFungus posted:

Ahh! Who? Where? People in Siberia.

I agree with you op but that story has pretty much nothing to do with Siberia

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Watch Jim Cantore get raped by an octopus

Pivotal Lever
Sep 9, 2003

Tiny Lowtax posted:

you aren't kidding. I was on that page earlier in the week and I was think hooolllyyy shhiiiittt I just want the loving weather, not 100 ridiculous advertisements all over the page. Even finding the hourly forecast or extended forecast was a freaking chore. And when you do, it takes up 15% of the page and the rest is all ads.

i just went to weather.com and saw 0 ads

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW
just use weather.gov you fruits. they're the guys who get the weather data in the first place, weather.com just makes it into stupid charts and graphs and surrounds it with human interest stories

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Pivotal Lever posted:

i just went to weather.com and saw 0 ads

gently caress you

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 5 days!)

If you're not using the National Weather Service (weather.gov) then you deserve to die of frostbite or whatever, idiot.

Richardanator
May 8, 2006

Mmmm.....
Just install Weather Bug and you won't have to deal with all that bullshit.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Richardanator posted:

Just go to weather.gov and you won't have to deal with all that bullshit.

ftfy

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
i need something with the nice looking radar and the Weather In Motion® and weather.gov ain't doing it for me

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Only registered members can see post attachments!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

thats not what a beetle dick looks like

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
it is a bad website op

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
So?
???????

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I ususally just type weather into the google and it gives me the current temp and five day forecast, but ONE TIME i type weather.com in and now EVERY TIME it autocompletes to weather.com so I have to backspace out the .com part to just get to the google weather thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008

Richardanator posted:

Just install linux and you won't have to deal with all that bullshit.

• Locked thread