Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ideal Jeff Jarrett Challenger?
Alberto El Patron
AJ Styles
Bobby Lashley
Tyler Black (Final Battle is after his non-compete is up)
View Results

• Locked thread
STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MassRafTer posted:

Given the size of the respective values that would probably mean a smaller gate than last year's show.

yeah but it'd at least be a move to try and make as much as possible. is ted reeve the largest venue they currently run? it might explain why its looking like it may only be toronto getting the njpw shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
My impression from the Koff PWInsider interview this week is that Terminal 5 is staying. He was in attendance and got so many people coming up to him complaining and said it was unpleasant experience for him. He said they are working with the venue to add more seating. In stating that he said there's only so many seats they can add.

Obviously the venue is really cheap so they ain't moving from it. This is Sinclair.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
ROH would be the #2 promotion in the US if the Rexplex never closed.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

minoru suzuki posted:

is ted reeve the largest venue they currently run? it might explain why its looking like it may only be toronto getting the njpw shows.

Apparently Ted Reeve seats around 1,800 for hockey. They tarp off some seats for the set but add seats on the floor so it probably works out to roughly that amount in the end.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MassRafTer posted:

ROH would be the #2 promotion in the US if the Rexplex never closed.

Come back to Edison. :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

weekly font posted:

Come back to Edison. :(

probably my favorite venue for wrestling.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I wish that Ring Of Honor rumor was true. That would have been the perfect solution to the whole PPV issue.

(The rumor was that Spike TV was talking to ROH about doing monthly specials)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
PWInsider:

quote:

Over the past few days, there's been an online rumor making the rounds that Ring of Honor is in negotiations with SpikeTV to bring a weekly ROH series to the network, which formerly hosted TNA Impact Wrestling.

In speaking to several people today, I can confirm there is absolutely nothing to the story and there are no current negotiations, nor have their been previous negotiations between the two sides.

So, as they say, nothing to see here.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Dave said something on the board too:

quote:

Don't read much into the ROH Spike stuff.

ROH is pitching places but right now nobody is catching.

Jeff Jarrett being 15 months into the game with no TV deal tells you how much the TV industry is into paying for wrestling these days.

Tho I smell smoke from Jeff's side.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

rovert posted:

PWInsider:

They got the rumor wrong (it wasn't a weekly show, it was a monthly special) but, yeah, I said I wished it was true.

It would be the perfect solution for everyone involved. ROH wouldn't have to worry about iPPV/PPV situation anymore, Spike would get a high level wrestling product with a big fight feel for barely nothing and people interested beyond the specials could search out the weekly TV show.

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 21, 2015

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
They should cut the beep intro from Ciampa's theme when he wins a match, intros don't really work in victory themes

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

triplexpac posted:

They should cut the beep intro from Ciampa's theme when he wins a match, intros don't really work in victory themes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEhzpeBlDFU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

I kind of like it, his opponent has just died.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I am looking forward to a Ciampa title run because I love watching wrestlers do repeated running knee strikes that dont connect :rolleyes:

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

super macho dude posted:

I am looking forward to a Ciampa title run because I love watching wrestlers do repeated running knee strikes that dont connect :rolleyes:

hosed up if true

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

super macho dude posted:

Well, if they did connect, most of the ROH roster would be dead, so I think faking it is probably for the best.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I like Ciampa, i really do. Should he be ROH champ right now? imo no. And ROH needs to learn a different camera angle if they want to show him murdering folks with knees. That ROHtv spot when he supposedly knocked out Jimmy Jacobs was botchamania worthy.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

super macho dude posted:

This but unironically, he's way more rad than Briscoe or Elgin.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I guess it's now a ROH rule that you have to have a skull logo wearing your haircut and/or facial hair if you want to be in the World Title picture.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 22, 2015

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I Before E posted:

This but unironically, he's way more rad than Briscoe or Elgin.

Sad that Hanson is the jobber in this match.

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
If Ciampa won the ROH Title, I could see him coming into his own like Adam Cole with a run with the belt. It doesn't matter, Jay Lethal is the true champion of my heart.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Howling Man posted:

If Ciampa won the ROH Title, I could see him coming into his own like Adam Cole with a run with the belt. It doesn't matter, Jay Lethal is the true champion of my heart.

What was the storyline limitation for Jay challenging for the title? Was he not allowed as long as Steen held it, or ever again?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Nystral posted:

What was the storyline limitation for Jay challenging for the title? Was he not allowed as long as Steen held it, or ever again?

It was as long as Kevin was champion, which Kevin personally ended up lifting near the end of his reign anyways.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I love Ciampa but he's nowhere near hot enough to be campaigning for a world title shot. But ROH's roster is too shallow to properly heat up a guy. Maybe put him through Elgin and a returning Cole then see how the crowd goes for a title shot.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The roster IS running a bit thin lately. I sorta wish they would have another singles title or at the very least keep the TV Title in constant rotation.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The roster never feels thin watching the TV. The core roster that can be on every show is thin but there is so much drat talent that is rotated in (for now.)

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Create new titles and just give them to reDRagon.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
The TV show this week was okay. Of course you're not always going to hit big winners like last week but all of the matches I thought came in below average.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

coconono posted:

I love Ciampa but he's nowhere near hot enough to be campaigning for a world title shot. But ROH's roster is too shallow to properly heat up a guy. Maybe put him through Elgin and a returning Cole then see how the crowd goes for a title shot.

So what, you think Briscoe should retain at 13th Anniversary? I would be pretty surprised, it seems like a logical time for a title change because they're running out of fresh matchups for Jay as champ. I think either Ciampa or Elgin ends up with the belt, personally.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

The four way also allows Them to switch the belt while keeping alive Jay's streak of not being pinned.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I'm watching ROH TV for the first time in a long time. Wow, their production value is SO much better from when they were first on TV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Thauros posted:

The four way also allows Them to switch the belt while keeping alive Jay's streak of not being pinned.

I don't think the title has ever changed hands in a multi person match without the champion being the one to take the pin. Not that they couldn't do it, they are just careful not to.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
How haven't these guys been offered their own knock off Duck Dynasty show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE8QiQQ8YMc

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

hanson is going to win and take the company to heights its never seen before

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Grozz Nuy posted:

So what, you think Briscoe should retain at 13th Anniversary? I would be pretty surprised, it seems like a logical time for a title change because they're running out of fresh matchups for Jay as champ. I think either Ciampa or Elgin ends up with the belt, personally.

Ciampa and Hanson are too new to trust with a run. Elgin sucks as champ. So by elimination Briscoe retains until you get someone worth holding it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

Ciampa and Hanson are too new to trust with a run. Elgin sucks as champ. So by elimination Briscoe retains until you get someone worth holding it.

Ciampa has been around a long time.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Ciampa's been around as long as Elgin if not a little longer.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
And really, Elgin had a bad run as champ for backstage reasons. He can't work other promotions for the foreseeable future and I haven't heard anything about the 'he wants to play baseball' thing at all recently so presumably those have been resolved. Ciampa would be my preference because I don't really know what the hell is the deal with Elgin's character right now, but I would not be opposed to Elgin getting another shot at carrying the belt.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

When do new episodes go up on the website? I'd pretty much never watched ROH before, but yesterday I watched the "current" episode on the site and noticed that it's over a week old already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Diabolik900 posted:

When do new episodes go up on the website? I'd pretty much never watched ROH before, but yesterday I watched the "current" episode on the site and noticed that it's over a week old already.

Monday for Ringside Members, Thursday for everyone else

• Locked thread