Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
new day is loving stupid and the only thing that will redeem it is if they acknowledge how stupid it is and become NoD 2.0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Finally, a city that's level-headed about who to cheer for.
~Vince

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx
There was a let's boo Bryan party according to that Twitter. I hope they had an open bar at least.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

quote:

WE WANT A CHANGE AND WERE SICK OF THE SAME ANNOYING PEOPLE GETTING THE WORLD TITLE WHILE NEW PEOPLE HAVE TO BE HELD BACK BECAUSE OF THE IWC

This is truly a magical place.

Also how can Memphis hate D-Bry, Jerry Lawler likes him.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Nessus posted:

I dunno.

Daniel Bryan.
Roman Reigns.
Corporate Kain.
Dolph Ziggler.
Ry Back.
Big E.
Kofi Kingston.
The Usos.
Big Show.

Seems like you need two names to be a real WWE Superstar.

I mean I was just thinking of

BIG E LANGSTON -> BIG E
ANTONIO CESARO -> CESARO
ALEXANDER RUSEV -> RUSEV

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Did the Reject Reigns idiots take responsibility for the Royal Rumble or something?

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

NickRoweFillea posted:

new day is loving stupid and the only thing that will redeem it is if they acknowledge how stupid it is and become NoD 2.0

I actually thought New day was going to be good until they burst out dancing to the ring in retarded costumes.

I didn't actually expect them to come out to a black choir band at this point they should just burn the gimmick because it sucks

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
The best part about that twitter account is their obviously photoshopped trending topics picture and the "ME AND MY 24 FRIENDS THAT ARE GOING TO FAST LANE ARE GONNA SHOW THAT JERK BRYAN"

I really hope I run into them at Fast Lane tomorrow. I need a good laugh.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
New Day would be better if they let Xavier do the team coordination.

Which is to say, get Mark Henry into it and then everyone dresses up as Ninja Turtles.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Demp posted:

The best part about that twitter account is their obviously photoshopped trending topics picture and the "ME AND MY 24 FRIENDS THAT ARE GOING TO FAST LANE ARE GONNA SHOW THAT JERK BRYAN"

Well they'll probably have the last laugh when Reigns pins Bryan's rear end 1 2 3

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TheEggsBenedict posted:

Never knew Sasha Banks was Irish!

Banks is FCW

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Demp posted:

Fast Lane is being replaced by a three-hour montage of CM Punk having a colonoscopy.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Oh poo poo, that's right. Fastlane is this evening. I had totally forgotten about this awful card and it's likely awful outcomes.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Demp posted:

It's a joke.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Demp posted:

If you don't turn it off, Twitter shows you personalized trends, rendering the entire concept of showing you trends pointless.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Lloyd Boner posted:

Well they'll probably have the last laugh when Reigns pins Bryan's rear end 1 2 3

Which echoes even further why the stupid fake movements don't mean anything or whatever.

The Royal Rumble and the two subsequent Raws afterward broke me. I no longer care what happens. I also no longer care to watch Raw or this stupid PPV anymore. The product is so lame and inconsistent I came to realize it doesn't matter. It really doesn't. Bryan won the title last year and the plan was already in place to have him get beat at Sunmerslam by Lesnar. There was no wait and see process or anything with Bryan's title run. Stuff like that chipped away at me and chipped away at me until there's nothing left and I don't give a poo poo anymore. That poo poo's damaging.

And with Bryan misused, I'm left with nothing to care about. Nothing else in the company fills the void. So who cares who's booing who. You'll never win the war. Sooner or later you'll all figure it out.

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Midnightghoul posted:

I really really hope they address this on Fastlane

I would probably die if they interviewed Dr Amann at the PPV or he cut a promo

Vince will come out personally and show the Youtube video then ask the PPV audience if they think Punk was lying.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

TEGGS posted:

Vince will come out personally and show the Youtube video then ask the PPV audience if they think Punk was lying.

The top 3 trends on Twitter right afterwards:

#PunkLied
#PunkDidntLie
#RadOutGranma

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Daniel Bryan posted:

Which echoes even further why the stupid fake movements don't mean anything or whatever.

The Royal Rumble and the two subsequent Raws afterward broke me. I no longer care what happens. I also no longer care to watch Raw or this stupid PPV anymore. The product is so lame and inconsistent I came to realize it doesn't matter. It really doesn't. Bryan won the title last year and the plan was already in place to have him get beat at Sunmerslam by Lesnar. There was no wait and see process or anything with Bryan's title run. Stuff like that chipped away at me and chipped away at me until there's nothing left and I don't give a poo poo anymore. That poo poo's damaging.

And with Bryan misused, I'm left with nothing to care about. Nothing else in the company fills the void. So who cares who's booing who. You'll never win the war. Sooner or later you'll all figure it out.
I'm sorry that happened to you, though I feel you are being a little overdramatic with thinking people here are just mindless sheep who love the WWE.

Even if Bryan was going to lose to Lesnar it would have probably been a good reign once they got past the Kane bullshit.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
If you like the WWE I got no issues with you. I was just letting it out that I recently had an epiphany about this stuff. The last emotional attachment I had to the product is gone.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Daniel Bryan posted:

If you like the WWE I got no issues with you. I was just letting it out that I recently had an epiphany about this stuff. The last emotional attachment I had to the product is gone.

Embrace the Wednesday Night Wars, where NXT and Lucha go at it head to head, the best two wrestling promotions in the country.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Eltoasto posted:

Embrace the Wednesday Night Wars, where NXT and Lucha go at it head to head, the best two wrestling promotions in the country.

ROH and PWG aren't on Wednesdays.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

MassRafTer posted:

ROH and PWG aren't on Wednesdays.

ROH is a fine developmental, I'll give it that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gonz posted:

Oh poo poo, that's right. Fastlane is this evening. I had totally forgotten about this awful card and it's likely awful outcomes.

I'm interested in seeing what they do with the main event, but I'm probably far more interested in what wins Best Picture and Best Director at the Oscars.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Since I'm a tiny baby wrestling wise, I'll say that I liked the New Day, and they helped me get into this stupid sports entertainment.

I saw these guys walking down the ramp all kind of laughing and being cheerfully but inoffensively black and was like 'haha OK' and then I saw Kofi Kingston beat the poo poo out of two white men and get his big friend to come in and pin them in about five minutes. It was amazing and crushing. It made me like wrestling.

That said it was kind of a good moment in a bad series thing. I do hope Big E does well in his future ende-- oh no!

TEGGS
Nov 21, 2004

Spoony Bard!

Gonz posted:

The top 3 trends on Twitter right afterwards:

#PunkLied
#PunkDidntLie
#RadOutGranma

#PunkMansAss

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Daniel Bryan posted:

You're absolutely right. I watch mainly out of habit and because I catch glimpses of goodness here and there. But when you think of the talent they've squandered and continue to squander, the lack of continuity or engaging storylines, the staleness of Cena, and how they will just shove people down our throats because we have to like who they want us to like, then yeah the fun does go out of it.

Because it could. Be. So. Much. Better.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

TEGGS posted:

#PunkMansAss

#InsertCMPunkIntoMovieTitles

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Delsaber posted:

#InsertCMPunkIntoMovieTitles

#SLCM Punk

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Less than 24 hours from now this thread is going to be crazy in a flurry of argument and chaos from stupid booking and fallout from Fastlane.

It is going to be glorious :allears:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

I am telling you right now that they need to bring a group of traveling preachers with them to every match and just keep clapping. Keep clapping.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Less than 24 hours from now this thread is going to be crazy in a flurry of argument and chaos from stupid booking and fallout from Fastlane.

It is going to be glorious :allears:

I can't for the Undertaker to interfere in the Reigns/Bryan match and Bryan wrestles Undertaker at Wrestlemania

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Anime Curator posted:

I am telling you right now that they need to bring a group of traveling preachers with them to every match and just keep clapping. Keep clapping.

Just repurpose the Rosebuds. There's gotta be churchy clothes in their costume trunk somewhere.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I haven't watched raw in like 4 months and I only watch ppv's at this point. It's alot better that way.

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
Fellas, fellas; Bryan gonna win, yall? and then job to Lesnar at Mania

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Daniel Bryan posted:

It's kind of amazing how much they've de-valued everyone in the last year.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Daniel Bryan posted:

Bryan won the title last year and the plan was already in place to have him get beat at Sunmerslam by Lesnar.
This is the funniest mark complaint to me, like a 5-month reign dropped to still-hot Brock would be some sort of burial. Why would you invest so much into the idea that your guy will never lose, only to scout the dirt sheets? The way WWE has conditioned its audience is actually kind of magnificent. They don't even want what they want! Or rather, what they want is for Bryan to get Cena booking

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Feb 22, 2015

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He already gets that, more or less. Dude hasn't been beaten cleanly in like a year. Getting tossed in the Royal Rumble was the closest thing to a real loss since the last time Bray Wyatt beat him like a year beforehand.

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Feb 22, 2015

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Basic Chunnel posted:

Or rather, what they want is for Bryan to get Cena booking

It all starts to make sense when you realize that this is actually what smarks want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

This is the funniest mark complaint to me, like a 5-month reign dropped to still-hot Brock would be some sort of burial. Why would you invest so much into the idea that your guy will never lose, only to scout the dirt sheets? The way WWE has conditioned its audience is actually kind of magnificent. They don't even want what they want! Or rather, what they want is for Bryan to get Cena booking

I agree with you 100%.

That said I think his point is that if Bryan was a lock to lose the title to Lesnar the moment he won it, and probably in the same uber squash fashion that Cena did, but probably without the two rematches to look like a more equal competitor, it means WWE was just using him to tread water because the crowd forced them to until they could dump him as decisively as possible in order to clear the tracks for the Reigns Train. That would certainly be consistent with his first title defense feud being against Kane.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being disillusioned by the fact that even when WWE does what their audience wants it's with the intent of later taking it away. It's not about Bryan being set up as unbeatable, it's about Bryan being a valued by the company so they're willing to protect him and elevate him for reasons other and the show being hijacked or him being off TV for long stretches so they can't job him out.

You say "they want Bryan to get Cena booking," to mock, but I think Cena Booking just means the people making the show give a poo poo about you and the booking reflects the fact that your being made to look good is important. By that metric Bryan should ABSOLUTELY have Cena Booking.

EDIT: Put another way: Cena could afford that absolute squash against Lesnar and still be taken seriously because he's been protected for ten years. Imagine if Bryan, who had been protected for about one year, had suffered that kind of defeat. His Main Event status would be over unless WWE pulled what they did with Rollins after TLC and spent a ton of effort making him look like the biggest badass on the roster. I don't believe they would have.

Sanguinia fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Feb 22, 2015

• Locked thread