Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gwynplaine posted:

I think the way people post is only going to change and evolve the more games they play. I mean, it is my intention to post drastically differently in the next game and I don't think that should be considered inherently suspicious.

Regarding voting being based on old feuds? Just seems like people would do so at their own peril, really.

I'm genuinely fascinated to see what happens if Anidav survives to day 3

Yeah look we gave anidav a chance and he won. not happening again :colbert:

jokes bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

lol keep reaching for that lynch. You'll never get it.

What? You? No I'll get you eventually. Last one on my list in fact.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

Matthew Beet posted:

No I'll get you eventually.

A lot of people have said that to Gaspy over the years.

Poor bastards.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Gwynplaine posted:

I'm genuinely fascinated to see what happens if Anidav survives to day 3
It usually results in a win, actually.

I survived till day 4, Scum Team I am on wins (Greens Game)
I survive, full stop, Town wins (Mills vanilla game)
I survive, full stop, Scum wins (Mills SPILL)

I forget what happened in the Bikies game. So far; if town kills me day one and I'm town, town loses :shrug:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I don't mean to say I'm important. Just that is the story so far.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Anidav posted:

I don't mean to say I'm important. Just that is the story so far.

Correlation, not causation.

(generally correlates to times when there are players posting scummier/worse than you)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Whatever you say DOCTOR.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Maybe a time-out to mod rather than play would help. I am going to hold you to Rap Battle Mafia!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Nah, I'll probably survive this one.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Meta is a standard approach for people that play games together all the time. We have had lots of arguments about whether it's fair but I think it has an important place in the game. Otherwise you'd always lynch an Anidav day 1 because he's always going to behave the same, when what you really should be doing is learning what an Anidav baseline is and basing decisions from there.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I am a Mills Jr. at this point.

Day 1 deaths or victory.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

Day 1 deaths or victory.

I prefer the D2-D4 sweet spot for maximum carnage.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

That crafty bif, always melting down 3 days in. I bet she has a plan. Let's lynch her based of previous games where she was scum and said a similar sentence 2 years ago!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The trick is to try and blow up in a way so you can see who's having to reach for a reason to say "bif you crazy".

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Hey Gaspy, did Coles recently change their thickened cream ingredients? The last couple of times I've bought it, it's been way runnier than usual, and it now has a vegetarian symbol on it. Did they go from using like...gelatine to some non-animal product?

(i'm asking because obviously you know everything about coles)

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Don't think. Do.
That's what I say.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

lol, wrong thread posting.

Mithranderp posted:

Hey Gaspy, did Coles recently change their thickened cream ingredients? The last couple of times I've bought it, it's been way runnier than usual, and it now has a vegetarian symbol on it. Did they go from using like...gelatine to some non-animal product?

(i'm asking because obviously you know everything about coles)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

##vote Mithranderp

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Gwynplaine posted:

Don't think. Do.
That's what I say.

Sow panic, and surrender will bloom.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

##vote Mithranderp

doesn't this count as a vote once votefinder kicks in?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Worm Mafia game signup finishes midnight tonight.

I'd really like to get 5 more people in for the full compliment.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

doesn't this count as a vote once votefinder kicks in?

:dukedog:

Tactical Pre-emptive Strike.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Sounds pretty scummy.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
sounds pretty dumb

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

although in-universe pre-cogs are a thing that exists.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
lol if you don't get scion/contessa/simurgh/tattletale etc.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

ugh tattletale isn't a precog she just fakes it with bullshit

which works better than most actual precogs

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Old Dirty Cumburgs - your inbox is full and you shouldn't post until you get your role PM

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Jack

The night was Dark, but the Toybox was not. It was a bustling black market with various shady looking figures around and Jack Slash, leader of the Slaughterhouse Nine walked down the row of markets, feigning interest at the cheap crap the merchants hocked as he went.

Next to him, walked Bonesaw, looking as sweet and innocent as any normal child. Blond haired, and in ringlets, she skipped along next to him with a smile. Together they walked into the building that comprised the temporary headquarters for the leaders of the Toybox.

Defiant

The cyborg landed on the outskirts of the the location that could barely be described as a town.

"Dragon, this can't be right" he muttered into the microphone under his helmet "this seems an unremarkably small town for an organisation as big as Toybox to hole up and sell, even for a short period of time. "

"They are actually here, Collin. Toybox and the Nine both. I've already got you prepped - just fly down here and to the left. "

As he flew into seeming empty air, a light rippling effect passed over in front of him, and out of nowhere, a large group of people and buildings materialised a short distance in front of him.

"Collin, you might want to hurry - I'm sensing a bizarre power flux"

Jack

The look of terror on the receptionists face was pleasing, and as the sharp edge of his knife pierced her throat her scream caught in her throat as her blood sprayed haphazardly across the room. As she fell, her hand slammed down on a trigger and an alarm blared.

Silently, the world changed around them - it stretched, colour bleaching from the walls and around them as The Toybox shifted to a different plane of reality.

Defiant

Collin landed with a thud just as The Toybox shifted planes and glared at nothing in particular.

"Dragon, are you getting any of this?"

There was only radio static in reply

"On my own then"

He stepped forward, Halberd in his right hand and moved into the throng of panicked citizens of Toybox.

tithin fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 22, 2015

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Votecount for Day 1

Mithranderp (1): Anidav

Not Voting (14): Asphyxious, Bifauxnen, Gwynplaine, Kat Delacour, Milky Moor, Mills, Mithranderp, Old Dirty Cumburgs, Plotterboy, SKY COQ, thatbastardken, Tirade, whats for dinner, Zetsubou-san

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is February 25th, 2015 at 9:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 13 hours.

Long First Day

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I have faced the members of this group before. Their elimination is of the highest importance as per their classification as an S-class threat. However, between the advanced tinker abilities of Bonesaw, Mannequin and Crawler's regenerative powers, the only way to guarantee their elimination will be through a post-mortem inspection.

There will be acceptable casualties.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
Morning all!

I'm tempted to post in character without knowing a thing about the source material.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Tirade posted:

Morning all!

I'm tempted to post in character without knowing a thing about the source material.

I am tempted to lynch you for it.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Morning! I had somehow forgotten that I'd signed up for a game of mafia so woke up very confused to have a message from Tithin.

Loving the flavour text so far!

##vote Anidav

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Morning! I had somehow forgotten that I'd signed up for a game of mafia so woke up very confused to have a message from Tithin.

Loving the flavour text so far!

##vote Anidav

What did you think of Anidav's statistical comparison of games where he lives versus games where he's turbolynched?

I'd prefer to treat today like a game of musical chairs, where the person with the least posts when the music stops falls on their rear end AND DIES

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

What did you think of Anidav's statistical comparison of games where he lives versus games where he's turbolynched?

I'd prefer to treat today like a game of musical chairs, where the person with the least posts when the music stops falls on their rear end AND DIES

Yeah I'm honestly wicked keen to keep Anidav around, just doing a joke vote.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Still sore after the spill game :p

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

better get posting then I guess.

Milky is obviously making an IC claim to be some kind of big deal - a puppet-master who believes in 'acceptable losses'. SK or Survivor maybe?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

please retract joke votes, we don't do humor here in the Toybox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Yeah I'm honestly wicked keen to keep Anidav around, just doing a joke vote.

I reeeeeaaaaally hope this turns out to be a scumtell rather than a joke vote. :q:

• Locked thread