Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

loving brilliant episode, my heart was in my throat during the heist.
I don't get the complaints that it was hard to follow, thought it was pretty easy myself.

I do agree that Deva's storyline is the weakest, she's an idiot teenager doing idiot teenager things.
I liked seeing her get humiliated by her parents kicking the piss out of her new boyfriend and his dumbass friends though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crappers
Jun 16, 2012
Maybe it's a handy side effect of having seen a lot of those similarly styled horror movies but I had no issues following what was happening and really enjoyed the sequence. Whole season has been fantastic so far. Wish it were longer. On the plus side I've started on Strike Back and it's similar levels of bad arse.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

The woman that patched Chayton up before he killed her... Have we seen her before? At first I thought she was Brock's ex.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shes FBaiiii guy's ex wife in The Americans.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Rocksicles posted:

Shes FBaiiii guy's ex wife in The Americans.

hahaha oh poo poo that's why I recognized her, gently caress

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Her name is Susan Misner. I think she's appeared at one time or another on every single TV show ever made.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
She was John's wife on Person of Interest, but yeah she's been in a ton of stuff so there's a good chance you recognized her. Shame they just had her in three quick scenes.

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.
http://www.welcometobanshee.com/origins-heist.htm

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
loving Brilliant.

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

Crappers posted:

Maybe it's a handy side effect of having seen a lot of those similarly styled horror movies but I had no issues following what was happening and really enjoyed the sequence. Whole season has been fantastic so far. Wish it were longer. On the plus side I've started on Strike Back and it's similar levels of bad arse.

What's up, buddy! :hfive:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Some Zero posted:

The only thing I didn't like is Universal Soldier taking 4 shots of buckshot at point blank range and still fighting. Body armor or not that dude would have stayed down.

I dug the head cams overall though.

Considering he was sitting in the vault with no sign of wounds I'm assuming they were riot rounds. They wanted to rob the place, not murder everyone on the base right?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Considering he was sitting in the vault with no sign of wounds I'm assuming they were riot rounds. They wanted to rob the place, not murder everyone on the base right?

I bet their pistols had real ammo so why bother with fake ammo for the shotgun.

Terminator Stowe just really wanted his money back.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rhyno posted:

I just assumed he took 3 shells to the chest with military body armor and was badass enough to be able to shake that off.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hmmm, maybe he was part of the same program as David was in the Guest?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Stowe juggernauting his way into the truck and beating all of their asses was incredible. They made him look as scary as Chayton in the span of like one minute.

Rhyno posted:

every major character on Banshee has some sort of mutant healing power

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Soothing Vapors posted:

every major character on Banshee has some sort of mutant healing power

Hood's hand has been bandaged since like season 2.

Vehementi
Jul 25, 2003

YOSPOS
If you haven't learned by now that guns just do not function in the Banshee universe, I don't know what to say.

That heist scene must have been fun as hell to shoot (with all the actors being the cameramen too with presumably nobody else around etc.)

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I know this isn't explicitly the thread, but I just watched the first two episodes of Strike Back.

That was a hell of a note to end on. :stare:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cinemax Strike back or british strike back?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Rocksicles posted:

Cinemax Strike back or british strike back?

Cinemax's

/edit: wait, was I supposed to be watching the other one?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't bother, it's just John Porters back story. Section 20 history that doesn't really carry over.

Not even close to enough titties and gunfights.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Honestly, episodes 3 and 5 set a really high bar for this season that it hasn't really topped yet. That said, Kai's romance really works for me, for some reason. I guess it's because of how unlike him it seems; it's always really easy to sell me on a character having hidden depths that are just completely counter to what you'd expect.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Don't bother, it's just John Porters back story. Section 20 history that doesn't really carry over.

Not even close to enough titties and gunfights.

How the hell is Richard Armitage even believable as an SAS badass

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Honestly, episodes 3 and 5 set a really high bar for this season that it hasn't really topped yet. That said, Kai's romance really works for me, for some reason. I guess it's because of how unlike him it seems; it's always really easy to sell me on a character having hidden depths that are just completely counter to what you'd expect.

I like the idea of the romance but I still think it feels sort of tacked-on, a feeling which becomes exacerbated when a) they are writing in a familiar trope where ex-husband/brother/father tells woman if she values her life and sanity she should steer clear, and she basically goes, "gently caress you, rear end in a top hat/brother/daddy! I SEE SOMETHING IN HIM! I CAN CHANGE HIM!" and b) any hardcore viewer of Banshee has to be almost certain this poo poo is going up in flames and will no doubt end HORRIBLY for Brock's ex-wife, and c) his ex-wife is dumb anyway, and if she's not dumb, she's bat-poo poo crazy and it's weird she ever married a cop if her next boo is going to be a shunned, former-Amish psychopath who kills people in horrendously brutal ways and still sleeps like a baby at night, and finally, d) she's not the most attractive woman ever seen on this show, but damned if she ain't attractive (unrelated to points a, b, and c or really anything in this paragraph at all).

life is killing me fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Feb 23, 2015

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
A) Kai is acting in ways that totally bear out what she thinks of him, so her resistance to everyone telling her to stay away makes sense. It also parallels Jason Hood getting involved with Rebecca pretty nicely.

B) How is that a bad thing? :haw:

C) Again, see A, the Kai she knows is not the Kai the audience knows.

e: D) Completely agreed.

e2: Also on the "why did she even marry a cop" thing, keep in mind she was prank-dialing 911 so her ex-husband would come gently caress her on the job, this is not someone with huge amounts of respect for the law.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

A) Kai is acting in ways that totally bear out what she thinks of him, so her resistance to everyone telling her to stay away makes sense. It also parallels Jason Hood getting involved with Rebecca pretty nicely.

B) How is that a bad thing? :haw:

C) Again, see A, the Kai she knows is not the Kai the audience knows.

e: D) Completely agreed.

e2: Also on the "why did she even marry a cop" thing, keep in mind she was prank-dialing 911 so her ex-husband would come gently caress her on the job, this is not someone with huge amounts of respect for the law.

I know, I know, I'm just bitching. I love this show, but the Kai and ex-Brock romance is a little much for me to stomach so I need to nitpick it to make myself feel better

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I bet that Rebecca's thing blows up in her face, Kai beats her or whatever then Emily walks in.

She doesn't walk out :(

Rapid 99
Jan 30, 2015

Hero will never give up,
never hide,
never be defeated,
never accept evil.

Edmond Dantes posted:

Cinemax's

/edit: wait, was I supposed to be watching the other one?

The original series is largely stand alone, but starting with Cinemax's season 1 means you miss out on a rather big "oh poo poo" moment. You should still watch it when you get the chance though since it's just more Strike Back goodness.

Rapid 99 fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 24, 2015

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

smidgeonnn posted:

The original series is largely stand alone, but starting with Cinemax's season 1 means you miss out on a rather big "oh poo poo" moment. You should still watch it when you get the chance though since it's just more Strike Back goodness.

Yeah, I'm working from home this week and I marathoned the original; I started on the Cinemax S1 today and I did not see that coming.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
The original is more like a long movie. It's got its moments, but doesn't match the Cinemax version's roller coaster of action. Probably worth watching over a weekend or something to binge if you get bored.

e: /\/\ Welp there you go.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
TONIGHT.

IT ALL GOES loving WRONG.

All the Wisdom I Got Left

quote:

Lucas and Brock head to Louisiana in search of Chayton; Stowe pieces together details about the Camp Genoa heist; Burtons torment turns to resolve.

While you wait, Cinemax is premiering William Eubank's okay-I-guess indie sci-fi/horror flick The Signal (not to be confused with the well-received 2007 movie of the same name) at 8:15. If you want to know what it's about, get in line; my cable provider is doing that annoying thing where they put the tagline in the info box in place of a synopsis.

Roundboy
Oct 21, 2008
It was funny to watch this episode back to back with Gotham.

banshee has the tv trope of a hesitant person holing a pistol, being dared to shoot, then disarmed.

Gotham has not one, but TWO of these situations pop up, with the person getting shot before he even finishes the sentence.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
"Burton's torment turns to resolve."

Oh please god let this be A Fixer of Sorts Pt. 2

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Well that episode delivered.

Also the post-ep interviews were pretty amusing too since Geno Segers (Chayton) comes off as personable and friendly IRL and one of the producers was saying what a nice guy he is. All while playing a complete monster of a human being.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So Chayton is a bad motherfucker and Burton has a lot in common with Walter Peck.

e: what the gently caress is that shot of him taking off his glasses and trying to go super saiyan after Rebecca leaves though :lol:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I like to imagine when Rebecca reached into Burton's pants he was smooth as a ken doll down there

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I'm not sure to interpret that as him being castrated or him having a micropenis, actually. Rebecca's reaction seemed to be more surprise and amusement than, y'know, "HOLY poo poo YOU DON'T HAVE GENITALS. :stonk:"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Was anyone else expecting Chayton to start swimming away in the post credits scene?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I'm not sure to interpret that as him being castrated or him having a micropenis, actually. Rebecca's reaction seemed to be more surprise and amusement than, y'know, "HOLY poo poo YOU DON'T HAVE GENITALS. :stonk:"
BANSHEE S3: I can't tell if he was castrated or has a micropenis

Honestly, on first watch I thought he was just :flaccid:, but on rewatch she seems kind of horrified. IDK what's going on down there but it ain't good

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I kind of read her facial expression as "...wait, huh?" and then she starts laughing at him like a few seconds later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just watching it now, i like Native American Danny Trejo!

• Locked thread