Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

quote:

then to follow with, "This is an anarchist public space" (asserting that the concerns of the community don't matter, she can do whatever she wants, because you know anarchy == no control man!).

ahahahahahaha

there are RULES in this anarchist space missy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

people who have lived here fewer than 10 years getting mad about gentrification in the mission is pretty funny

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

qirex posted:

people who have lived here fewer than 10 years getting mad about gentrification in the mission is pretty funny

haven't you heard? you get to start whining about gentrifiers after you live somewhere for a year and a day

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
heh

gentrifliers

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"die techie scum" -someone who has never not had a cell phone and computer their whole adult life

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
that doesn't make her wrong

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

the techie scum, the

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

qirex posted:

"die techie scum" -someone who has never not had a cell phone and computer their whole adult life

and?

node dot js "hackers" and guys who serially run startups don't make cell phones or real computers/operating systems

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

my point is that I suspect like a lot of the people "fighting" gentrification she's a gentrifier too and she's just mad the neighborhood didn't get encased in amber once she moved there

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

qirex posted:

my point is that I suspect like a lot of the people "fighting" gentrification she's a gentrifier too and she's just mad the neighborhood didn't get encased in amber once she moved there

yeah, she a hypocrite, but death to techies nonetheless

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

infernal machines posted:

yeah, she a hypocrite, but death to techies nonetheless

agreed.

if she takes care of a few its a net win and that many fewer you have to mop up yourself

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

why hasnt anyone bought her an account?

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

lol yosposter struggles with the idea that maybe people who benefit from something might also be against it

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

maniacdevnull posted:

why hasnt anyone bought her an account?

we are all techie scum

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Mido posted:

lol yosposter struggles with the idea that maybe people who benefit from something might also be against it

the woman printing the signs in the mission is a college student attending a university on the other side of the city. and she's printing signs that say "die techie scum, the locals hate you"

i don't think this is a great example of a principled stand by a grass roots activist

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the woman printing the signs in the mission is a college student attending a university on the other side of the city. and she's printing signs that say "die techie scum, the locals hate you"

i don't think this is a great example of a principled stand by a grass roots activist

sometimes people can do the right thing for the wrong reasons

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
in fact, most of the time people do the right thing it's for the wrong reasons

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Nintendo Kid posted:

i hope she shows up and just prints out goatse on all printers in the space, 2d and 3d

p sure you wouldn't need to show up to do that

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

since when is being a college student a thing that makes you not principled.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Nintendo Kid posted:

since when is being a college student a thing that makes you not principled.

ever since it meant you were between the ages of 18 and 21

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

uncurable mlady posted:

sometimes people can do the right thing for the wrong reasons

sometimes i think "die techie scum" too

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

look out it's Tedious Conversation Stymie

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

who cares, for all we know she's just trolling nb - and succeeding in grand fashion

pretty sure their regular weekly meetings are on tuesday. if only those were recorded

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

lol you're so old

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Main Paineframe posted:

who cares, for all we know she's just trolling nb - and succeeding in grand fashion

pretty sure their regular weekly meetings are on tuesday. if only those were recorded

hearing them bitch about her using their own rules against them is hilarious

b,b,bbbbut anarchy is really meant only for people exactly like me! (and also homeless thieves and neo-nazi tattoo artists)

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

3 year degrees are for pussies

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

forcing them to confront how tenuous their philosophy is, is the real gift she's giving

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

bobbilljim posted:

3 year degrees are for pussies

you made a fencepost error: 18, 19, 20, 21

it's ok. you're in good company. the two hardest problems in computer science are naming things, cache invalidation, and off-by-one errors.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

you made a fencepost error: 18, 19, 20, 21

it's ok. you're in good company. the two hardest problems in computer science are naming things, cache invalidation, and off-by-one errors.

i was 22 before the end of my 4 year degree

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

you made a Notorious b.s.d. error, when you said something idiotic.

youngest people entering university: 17 for usual cases, 16 or even 15 for special cases

not to mention people going to university later in life

PS gently caress you for making me type a carepost

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

thats some hamburglar-tier thievery

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

qirex posted:

i've been interested in this issue for a while now

one of my brothers moved from australia to berlin less than two years ago and i always find it amusing when he talks about yuppie scumbag gentrifiers driving the rent up and killing off culture :ironicat:. but at the same time i know he's right

like it stands to reason that there could be a minority of newcomers who are more worthy than the others and who for that matter possibly better grok the zeitgeist than even a minority of the old locals. and my brother's a pretty cool dude (or at the very least he's less of a fuckwit than i am). but then when you start trying to pick and choose who is or isn't "worthy" you end up with some weird abitrary reverse-elitism at best and it's not like anybody is ever going to accuse themself of not belonging. and what the gently caress would i know, i've never even been to berlin, i only know it from some romanticised vision that is probably fairly similar to what attracts the yuppie scumbag gentrifiers in the first place

anyway i don't even care who the gently caress this otter person is and i guess the real lesson to take from this is that nothing good lasts forever, death is certain, hail satan

jony ive aces fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 24, 2015

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord
also to kill all techie scum

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

bobbilljim posted:

youngest people entering university: 17 for usual cases, 16 or even 15 for special cases

is this you?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

maniacdevnull posted:

is this you?

yeah im really famous now and my husband is hot

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

bobbilljim posted:

NPH is off the market??????? :cry:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

we have a kid too jeez keep with the times

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

jony ive aces posted:

also to kill all techie scum

i think it has to do with the rate of change

its one thing to be a transplant when there is an average churn, it's another when the rate of incoming wealth and the culture of the people is rushing in like a firehose

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

bobbilljim posted:

you sucked at the oscar btw

except the very first line that was hilarious

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

we can only do our best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

Buglord

Mido posted:

i think it has to do with the rate of change

its one thing to be a transplant when there is an average churn, it's another when the rate of incoming wealth and the culture of the people is rushing in like a firehose
beep boop singularity :roboluv:

• Locked thread