Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Today, in "least shocking news humanely possible"...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
David Ragan? Seriously?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Huh. Wonder what that means for the 34.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Cubey posted:

Today, in "least shocking news humanly possible"...

And Tuesday's came early

Stephen A Smith does no research, makes a complete idiot of himself

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah, let's publicly crucify someone before they are even convicted of a crime!

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Does the public need to know who Kurt Busch is for their to be a public outcry?

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Finished up last weeks podcast this morning, keep up the good work guys, I'm always entertained.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Cue the "NASCAR fans are racist rednecks!" chorus. I don't think Kurt Busch's case is the same as Ray Rice or Adrian Peterson's at all. And I think the NASCAR watching public knows that.

E: Also Stephen Smith is a loving buffoon. That is all.

Elitist Bitch fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Feb 24, 2015

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
and they actually acted immediately after the judge's statement rather than wait for the public outcry before suspending the guy indefinitely. Its also a different case, in that the other ones mentioned in the piece were obvious while the Busch thing was a little cloudier.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Hahahahahaahahaha, oh Stephen.

Also AP got a light slap.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Hahahahahaahahaha, oh Stephen.

Also AP got a light slap.

Got him in the nuts I think

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

ayn rand hand job posted:

:wow:

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

kidcoelacanth posted:

Huh. Wonder what that means for the 34.

I'd heard the 34 was only running 10-12 races anyway.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

:vince:c

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ragan's an interesting choice for the 18. Put Erik Jones in the 54 in NXS.

:thurman:

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
Is anybody else going to Atlanta? I got a last minute hook up with a hot pass, so I'll be down there.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Muddy Burphy posted:

Is anybody else going to Atlanta? I got a last minute hook up with a hot pass, so I'll be down there.

Yo

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
I'll be there! Sitting 15 rows up from the exit of pit road.

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

Since Ragan is running for Cup points, what would happen if he won a race in the 18, then Kyle came back at some point before the Chase and he was back in the 34, considering there may or may not be anyone qualifying/driving the 34 while he's in the 18?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
If Ragan ran all the races and was in the top 30 in points he would be in the chase regardless of how many races the 34 had run.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

David Ragan isn't a bad choice given the circumstances. It's not like they expanded to four cars just for him. Guy has two wins and wasn't that bad at Roush. It's definitely a better decision than just throwing your young Truck guys behind the wheel. If he does alright maybe he can replace Hamlin.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar-from-the-marbles/how-a-team-quickly-wraps-a-car-to-get-a-sponsor-in-the-race--photos-211410157.html

This is kinda neat.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

NASCAR unironically uses iRacing as a testbed for new rules. The iRacing Series has a "drop race" feature in its points, apparently. It's on now in CyTube.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
You know, under the old system, dropping races actually wouldn't be a terrible idea, but it always makes poo poo much more complicated to follow.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Alain Post posted:

You know, under the old system, dropping races actually wouldn't be a terrible idea, but it always makes poo poo much more complicated to follow.

Funny enough yeah a dropped race would be perfect and I'd be fine with it. But this system is points don't matter in the slightest well to fill out the standings and chase be a crock of poo poo to drop a race during that.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Kyle Larson is a good driver to root for, right?

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

shyduck posted:

Yes

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

shyduck posted:

Yes.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

David Reutimann was going to be named David Ragan's replacement in the 34...but he decided not to renew his NASCAR license.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Maybe Bill Elliott stole it.

OnlyJuanMon
Jan 25, 2010

:burger::taco::burger::taco::burger:
Too tired to chase fences right now.
:taco::burger::taco::burger::taco:
I'm legit torn between Larson or Elliott, on whom to root for.

Larson is a badass obviously, and replaced my previous guy, Montoya.

BUT, I'm from Dawsonville Ga, and not only does that make Elliott the hometown kid, but he's replacing my favorite driver of all time.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Roush Fenway Racing Joe Gibbs Racing

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I mean, with how many wrecks Larson caused during speedweeks, how can you NOT root for him? poo poo he, even managed to spin coming off of pit road last year, something I haven't seen since Danica Patrick's IndyCar days.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Apparently Bobby Labonte is a candidate to fill in the 34, which makes a lot of sense because they could use his champion's provisional.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

kidcoelacanth posted:

Apparently Bobby Labonte is a candidate to fill in the 34, which makes a lot of sense because they could use his champion's provisional.

Plus old people really like KFC. I can see broken chicken bone memes already.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

Muddy Burphy posted:

My girlfriend and I are heading down Friday. We've got seats in the champions grandstand, right across from pit road. I've never been to Atlanta (the city or the track), any suggestions?

SRA, are you doing any signings or anything down there?

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Ken Squier, truth-sayer:

http://speed51.com/ken-squier-thoughts-from-a-short-track-racing-icon/

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wow one of the old guard with a really level head and good thoughts about racing. Seems like a really wise dude.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

I think Ian McKellen based his performance of Gandalf on Ken Squier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I just realized I can't make the "im bad im nationwide" zz top reference anymore. :qq:

• Locked thread