Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!

TMMadman posted:

The puck is dead if it comes to rest in the top of the netting.

i thought they usually gave it a second to see if it fell/was knocked off. understandable either way, but that was very neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Rags almost own goal on a delayed penalty had me like :stare:

dyn
Jan 9, 2005

Barn duelin' since '07
lol the flyers are terrible

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Blues managed to muster a whole 4 shots. Another stellar first period for them.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rip the flyers season

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Flyers defence :barf:

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Maybe if they lose tonight and on Saturday night against the Rags, that will convince Hexy to be a seller.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
:siren: Bozak :siren:

You fools! You let him do the one thing he does best!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Trevor Bird posted:

i thought they usually gave it a second to see if it fell/was knocked off. understandable either way, but that was very neat.

Maybe, but that puck wasn't going anywhere until Tropp hits it with his stick.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
Aw man, Zepp is getting pulled in front of his family

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao and here comes mason to get injured again

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Stebe isn't going to save this, Chief.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Wooooo! KREIDER!

IT'S A POWERPLAY GOAL!

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
Stebe Mason in the game. Because who the gently caress needs to practice before coming back from knee surgery?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Chris Kreider owns owns owns

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil! LET'S GO PRED-A-TORS!
didn't mason just have knee surgery?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Zepp :(

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
2 goals on 8 shots across 2 periods. Should have given Zepp more of a chance.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

Chris Kreider owns owns owns

:agreed:

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Trevor Bird posted:

didn't mason just have knee surgery?

"Right now I feel like I haven't skated in a couple weeks." -Steve Mason, yesterday

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Haha Mike Smith angry. Mike Smith smash.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIČRE IN ME
hahaha Rangers get away with a blatant high stick and then immediately score

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Remember guys, this is the same team that wanted to put its franchise player on a plane when he had a collapsed lung.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Hahaha Smith got a penalty for smashing his stick after that goal.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Infidel Castro posted:

Remember guys, this is the same team that wanted to put its franchise player on a plane when he had a collapsed lung.

Wait.... what?!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I don't know what Arizona is pissed about since they're tanking.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

triple sulk posted:

rip the flyers season

yep :(

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

ekholm just showing off for a larger tv audience tonight

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers

Rotten Cookies posted:

Wait.... what?!

Eric Lindros nearly died.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Rotten Cookies posted:

Hahaha Smith got a penalty for smashing his stick after that goal.

Mike Smith is a dumb loving baby

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

Rotten Cookies posted:

Wait.... what?!

During an April 1, 1999 game against the Nashville Predators, Lindros suffered what was diagnosed as a rib injury. Later that night, the teammate he was sharing a hotel room with, Keith Jones, discovered Lindros lying in a tub, pale and cold. In a call to the Flyers, the trainer was told to put Lindros on a plane that was returning to Philadelphia with injured teammate Mark Recchi. But Jones insisted that Lindros be taken to a nearby hospital and it was discovered Lindros had a collapsed lung caused by internal bleeding of his chest wall. Lindros' father wrote the Flyers a letter in which he stated that if the trainer had followed team orders, Eric would be dead, a statement supported by the doctors who treated him in Nashville.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Why did I maintain hope

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Reverend Sub-Zero posted:

Eric Lindros nearly died.

Yeah dude you didn't know about that? Keith Jones literally saved Lindros' life

quote:

During an April 1, 1999 game against the Nashville Predators, Lindros suffered what was diagnosed as a rib injury. Later that night, the teammate he was sharing a hotel room with, Keith Jones, discovered Lindros lying in a tub, pale and cold. In a call to the Flyers, the trainer was told to put Lindros on a plane that was returning to Philadelphia with injured teammate Mark Recchi. But Jones insisted that Lindros be taken to a nearby hospital and it was discovered Lindros had a collapsed lung caused by internal bleeding of his chest wall. Lindros' father wrote the Flyers a letter in which he stated that if the trainer had followed team orders, Eric would be dead, a statement supported by the doctors who treated him in Nashville.

from Wikipedia

e: Rangers look like poo poo tonight and are lucky they tied this up

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

Chicago has like 1000 more corsi/fenwick/SAT/ACT points than Florida right now.

Trevor Bird
Apr 1, 2006

ryan BOOOOOOOter

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.
SO what's going on guys?

Montreal has scored 3 goals?

BEFORE the third period?

Interesting :crossarms:

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Rotten Cookies posted:

Wait.... what?!

Lindros suffered an injury vs. Nashville in 1999. Keith Jones finds him in the tub later that night and calls the team trainer. Trainer thinks sending him back to Philly on a plane with Mark Recchi is a top notch idea. Jones tells the trainer to get hosed, calls 911, and pretty much saved Lindros's life.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

@frank_seravalli: Steve Mason this morning: "I hope it doesn't come to that... The game is not there yet. I haven't had a good skate yet because of the sked."

Fire Berube

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Huh, I just heard a NHLer use the word "plethora" during an intermission interview. That might be a first.

• Locked thread