Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Zo posted:

Ive had both cat and dog and dog was pretty tasty - cat i honestly don't remember much (i was like 7).

but yea dog meat is pretty good and i recommend it to open minded people

That's cool man, seriously though.

Hey if you want to be a little more open minded

I can come over
and bring

my sledgehammer

AND SPLATTER YOUR loving BRAINS ALL OVER THE WALL, YOU oval office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I ate a cow once. pigs too.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

waitwhatno posted:

I ate a cow once. pigs too.

Monster.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

goldboilermark posted:

Also, everyone, please enjoy my avatar. That is Hui Ruoqi, who is captain of the Chinese women's volleyball team. And she absolutely owns, and I love her without boundary, she is arguably one of the best outside hitters in the world. She plays professionally for Jiangsu, although it is my dream that she someday transfers to Tianjin Bohai, but we don't really need an outside hitter right now so it probably won't happen.

Here she is owning the Dominican Republic on tudou http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/lhHWK55TkFI/

She is number 12, the one making all of the sweet rear end plays. You're welcome! (Pardon the music, I didn't make the video.)

i will fight you for her.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
dog meat buffet or a night with hui ruoqi???

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Zo posted:

dog meat buffet or a night with hui ruoqi???

Hui ruoqi buffet and a night with the dogs

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Eating man's best friend or sexy time with a tall, longnecked chick that has the body of a young boy. Hard decisions.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

When I was in Guangzhou 7 and a half years ago, my aunt's friend took me and my cousins to a restaurant specifically to have dog. Wasn't even referred to as dog on the menu, just as "fragrant meat", (香肉) the first character being the same as the one in Hong Kong. Honestly, if he hadn't repeatedly said "Yeah, I'm taking you to have dog tonight", I honestly would've believed that we were eating fatty pork, the way the dish was prepared. It was sliced like it, with a heavy sauce. Kinda gamey, and me and my cousins didn't like it that much.

We were still hungry afterwards, so he took us to late night dim sum afterwards, which was amazing.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I went to the Holocaust Museum yesterday and it had a map with countries where genocide is occurring and where genocide might occur if something isn't done and China was on the list for the way it's treating the Uighars. I had no idea it was that bad

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
We just had a discussion about what entails genocide in the milhist thread, so yeah, it's a question how you define genocide and why China is on that list. That doesn't mean that they're building showers and ovens, but could mean that they're denying that minority the right to live according to their traditions, prohibit them to speak their language, etc.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

if you're a minority in china you're gonna have a very bad time. i don't care if it can be called genocide or not, but china should stop that immediately. it's horrible.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
The UN definition of genocide includes forced emigration and settling of outsider colonists, so yes, the Uyghurs are being genocided.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
It's nowhere near the level of the Holocaust. It's a drastically more subtle genocide brought on by limiting access to opportunities and importing shitloads of Han people.

Basically the way Americans treated blacks from 1865 to 1964 except adding in a weird inverted white flight.

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW

Tusen Takk posted:

I went to the Holocaust Museum yesterday and it had a map with countries where genocide is occurring and where genocide might occur if something isn't done and China was on the list for the way it's treating the Uighars. I had no idea it was that bad

china's not going to risk having islam become a destabilizing force in their country. that's why the uighars get a boot on their neck and frankly, i think it makes sense

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Rough Lobster posted:

I can come over
and bring

my sledgehammer

You're real angry itt, maybe calm down a little

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Bloodnose posted:

It's nowhere near the level of the Holocaust. It's a drastically more subtle genocide brought on by limiting access to opportunities and importing shitloads of Han people.

Basically the way Americans treated blacks from 1865 to 1964 except adding in a weird inverted white flight.

I think it would be a lot more comparable to how the Native Americans got the shaft.

Move in, take away their land, strip away their culture, segregate them and take away their traditional methods of making a living, deny them opportunities to adapt and integrate into the new society, and import as many of your people as you can to outbreed them as quickly as possible. Rumour has it that the government even pays Han Chinese to have as many kids as they want if they move to and live in areas where they need to stamp out other cultures. Rivercrab as gently caress!

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

Rough Lobster posted:

I can come over
and bring

my sledgehammer

please source your quotes

Lovely Carnitas
Dec 26, 2012

Rough Lobster posted:

I can come over
and bring

my sledgehammer

The dog-eating guy sounds more reasonable than you tbh

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Maybe he just wants to eat his rear end

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Shanghai likes to brag about accepting unlimited number of Jews during WW2. Jewish history museum was neat with lots of old pictures.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

GhostStalker posted:

I honestly would've believed that we were eating fatty pork, the way the dish was prepared. It was sliced like it, with a heavy sauce. Kinda gamey

That's exactly how I've been describing it to people. Girlfriend is Korean, and I wanted to try it while visiting Seoul, and it was served in either a spicy broth, or chopped up with green leaves. The meat tasted exactly like pork, with the fat having a much stronger, gamey taste. My only disappointment was the texture of the fat, as it was boiled, so it was squidgy and jellified.

If only they'd roasted or barbecued it, it would've been like dog crackling. :sigh:

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

cabbagedude posted:

Having lived in Harbin for a year, I know that dog is mainly eaten by the ethnic koreans up there, I've had it and it's not bad though, like a lot of food like that, you have to go to specific dog restaurants to have it.

How the gently caress did you hold out in Harbin for a year? That place sucks a butt my man.

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The tastiest part of a human is definitely the beans.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Sheep-Goats posted:

How the gently caress did you hold out in Harbin for a year? That place sucks a butt my man.
I lived there for 4 months before I left on account of Problems With My Job but it is indeed cold and butt sucking. The smog in the winter's absolutely insane, since something like a third of the city is heated from a central coal plant that just shoots hot water out to buildings.

Harbin beer's pretty drinkable though!

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

I think this needs to be per capita because some of those countries must be going above and beyond.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I think this needs to be per capita because some of those countries must be going above and beyond.

yeah it's not a very good graph except for the fact that it makes china look like poo poo which is fine by me because china is poo poo

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ceciltron posted:

I lived there for 4 months before I left on account of Problems With My Job but it is indeed cold and butt sucking. The smog in the winter's absolutely insane, since something like a third of the city is heated from a central coal plant that just shoots hot water out to buildings.

Harbin beer's pretty drinkable though!

All this I know and understand, fellow four month Harbin-er

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Tuxedo Gin posted:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

loving LOL

are you a loving christian because that is the exact same bullshit defense hardcore FYGM christians give to criticism about jesus saying being rich is bad and to help the poor

this is the hypocrisy that i was making a comment about. buddhists believe you should harm no creatures, a lot of buddhists eat meat. christians believe you should help the unfortunate, a lot of christians gently caress the poor. that is exactly my point. you are ignorant as gently caress. loving lol.

EDIT: also this is the china thread so we should be making fun of china

as a vaping christian dad you should know better than this

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

a pipe smoking dog posted:

China: ~3.5 lbs/person
USA: ~0.6 lbs/person

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Blistex posted:

im doing my part

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Blistex posted:

wonder what that number would become if california's plastic grocery bag ban isn't shot down

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

Tuxedo Gin posted:

wonder what that number would become if california's plastic grocery bag ban isn't shot down

probably wouldn't change

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

what's worse for your lungs, Chinese city air or a pack of cigarettes a day?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

waitwhatno posted:

Hard to know for sure, since everyone in China smokes like it's going out of style.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Thick smog's probably worse. I know someone the military stationed in Naples, Italy and during orientation they were told that breathing all day there's as bad as smoking 1 - 2 packs, and Naples doesn't get as bad as some Chinese cities.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

waitwhatno posted:

A pack of Chinese Cigs.

More China pics:
Graffiti on the Great Wall

In Xi'an on display after their appearance at the Olympic Ceremony

Also this was at a souvenir kiosk at the Summer Palace

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

My brother went to china for 2 weeks and came back with bronchitis just from breathing the air, so take that as what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Zipline posted:

This is, I understand, the reason why cannibalism is such an extreme taboo in China: They don't have many issues with food, but when they do have them they really mean it. Romance of the Three Kingdoms was mentioned a few pages back, and there's an interesting passage in there. Liu Bei, working for Cao Cao, stops by the house of Liu An. Being a proper host and subject to Liu Bei, Liu An offers him a meal, but afterwards realizes he doesn't have any food, so he kills his wife, carves her up, and serves her flesh to Liu Bei. After Liu Bei discovers where the food he just ate came from, he is moved to tears (though the translation here is unclear) and lauds Liu An, and when Cao Cao hears about it he's equally moved and sends a ton of silver to Liu An for being a good subject. Because we have different taboos the meaning of this passage is lost on westerners, but basically Liu An was so faithful and loyal to his lord that not only was he willing to give up his wife to provide one good meal, but he also broke the biggest taboo to do so.

Also, super hardcore, in that same book Xiahou Dun, another general of Cao Cao, gets shot in the eye by an arrow during a super huge battle. Not willing to leave the field, he pulls the arrow out, along with his eyeball, and unwilling to show weakness, he devours it off the tip of the shaft.

This is a weird fuckin' story, are you supposed to think the dude who killed and ate his wife is good? Cause that just sounds to me like a dude being a piece of poo poo to be seen as loyal and being rewarded for it and those guys aren't good guys

• Locked thread