Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

pointsofdata posted:

gently caress leeds. 2-0 really is the most dangerous score

it is, Austin scored a beaut though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

African AIDS cum posted:

Do they get a trophy for this

No but you get a guaranteed £100 million.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Pissflaps posted:

No but you get a guaranteed £100 million.

Can money buy happiness?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

African AIDS cum posted:

Can money buy happiness?

Ask one of the billionaires that have bought leeds in the last 10 years?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

The globe yawns at the thought of boring Middlesborhuugho plying their trade in the Barclays British PL again, hoping like hell to finish 17th and stay up with turgid performances in their half empty identikit stadium

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
They might go up this year but they will definitely come straight back down if they do. if they go up this season, i guarantee that this time next year I'll be happier about my football club than pisssflaps is about his, for the first time in at least four years or so.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
haha look how bitter the leeds are

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

stickyfngrdboy posted:

They might go up this year but they will definitely come straight back down if they do. if they go up this season, i guarantee that this time next year I'll be happier about my football club than pisssflaps is about his, for the first time in at least four years or so.

mmmm yes £100 million and four years of parachute payments id be sad as hell compared to you, another year of struggling to stay in the championship and yet another lovely corrupt owner lol

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

African AIDS cum posted:

The globe yawns at the thought of boring Middlesborhuugho plying their trade in the Barclays British PL again, hoping like hell to finish 17th and stay up with turgid performances in their half empty identikit stadium

lol you chump middlesbrough's highest attendance is higher than leeds this season despite being literally a town a fifth the size

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

mmmm yes £100 million and four years of parachute payments id be sad as hell compared to you, another year of struggling to stay in the championship and yet another lovely corrupt owner lol

You will be sad if your team dont perform, because you don't care how much money you've got, I think. You care about results.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

lol you chump middlesbrough's highest attendance is higher than leeds this season despite being literally a town a fifth the size

I don't think this is true. Seems like a loving lie.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

African AIDS cum posted:

I don't think this is true. Seems like a loving lie.

lol you loving moron

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

stickyfngrdboy posted:

You will be sad if your team dont perform, because you don't care how much money you've got, I think. You care about results.

would you describe aston villa as 'performing'?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

would you describe aston villa as 'performing'?

I wouldn't

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

yet you seem to think the difference between 'performing' or not is relegation seems you have some thinking to do?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

yet you seem to think the difference between 'performing' or not is relegation seems you have some thinking to do?

This isn't what I said though, maybe you have some reading to do?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

stickyfngrdboy posted:

This isn't what I said though, maybe you have some reading to do?

you described a relegation scenario then said id be sad because boro didnt 'perform'

ive demonstrated how performance and premier league survival are not necessarily linked

looks like youve got some clues to get?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
are you going to pay up on that bet yet or what

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

you described a relegation scenario then said id be sad because boro didnt 'perform'

ive demonstrated how performance and premier league survival are not necessarily linked

looks like youve got some clues to get?

No. I said you'd come straight back down. I also said you'd be unhappy if your team didn't perform. Your team can stay up and still be seen as 'not performing'. Either way you will be unhappy. And I will be glad of it.

Very glad, in fact.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

lol you loving moron

Personal attacks and ad-homs :rolleyes:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

stickyfngrdboy posted:

No. I said you'd come straight back down. I also said you'd be unhappy if your team didn't perform. Your team can stay up and still be seen as 'not performing'. Either way you will be unhappy. And I will be glad of it.

Very glad, in fact.

so you think id be unhappy if boro didnt 'perform' but remained in the premier league?

and why will you be glad of it? because ive taken yet another crisp ten pound note from your idiot fingers? its your fault for making such a foolish bet tbqh

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

If middlesburrito do go up, not like anyone will notice, they'll be a club that you say around December, oh they got promoted? Completely forgot, then you forget about them again til May when you see fat adults crying in their Riverside Reebok St Marys Stadium

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

are you going to pay up on that bet yet or what

Idk is it impossible for my team to clamber above yours yet? Ive been drinking so I'll trust you.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

African AIDS cum posted:

Personal attacks and ad-homs :rolleyes:

dumb bitch lol

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Idk is it impossible for my team to clamber above yours yet? Ive been drinking so I'll trust you.
It was impossible the day you made the bet but here we are ?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

so you think id be unhappy if boro didnt 'perform' but remained in the premier league?

and why will you be glad of it? because ive taken yet another crisp ten pound note from your idiot fingers? its your fault for making such a foolish bet tbqh

You would be unhappy, because you're a football fan.

Im not unhappy that I made the bet, I always think my club will do well, even when the odds are heavily against it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

African AIDS cum posted:

If middlesburrito do go up, not like anyone will notice, they'll be a club that you say around December, oh they got promoted? Completely forgot, then you forget about them again til May when you see fat adults crying in their Riverside Reebok St Marys Stadium

youll notice if you read the right wikipedia page?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

It was impossible the day you made the bet but here we are ?

This isn't true and now I distrust you.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

stickyfngrdboy posted:

You would be unhappy, because you're a football fan.

Im not unhappy that I made the bet, I always think my club will do well, even when the odds are heavily against it.

id be delighted to see boro stay up regardless of how they do it

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

stickyfngrdboy posted:

It is not. Looks like we can add Pissflaps doesnt know math to our list of memes and doxx.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

id be delighted to see boro stay up regardless of how they do it

Well you're not promoted yet so let's wait to see if that even happens before we argue about your happiness about premier league survival.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

It is not. Looks like we can add Pissflaps doesnt know math to our list of memes and doxx.

Thanks my best poster itt you're a very trustworthy ally.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Well you're not promoted yet so let's wait to see if that even happens before we argue about your happiness about premier league survival.

I know, its you thats fantasising about boro getting promoted...

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Are you drunk?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

African AIDS cum posted:

Wait...are you American? haha that explains so much jesus christ.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I know, its you thats fantasising about boro getting promoted...

Are you drunk?

I might be

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Leeds are loving cool

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Boro won't last a season, they have no real goalscoring ability or flair

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Teams stay up thanks to their defence, not their 'goalscoring ability or flair'.

I know you're all very excited about Boro's promotion chances this season but probably best to save yourself disappointment by waiting until they're actually promoted before writing off their chances of premier league survival.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Is everyone excited for Old Farm Derby Day? I know I am.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

African AIDS cum posted:

Do they get a trophy for this

Jose posted:

no but you get one for winning the play offs lol
This isn't true any more, they added a runners up trophy a few years ago for this very reason. Here is a photo of a poo poo football team to demonstrate:

• Locked thread