Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
they shouoldnt do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
lol if you run afoul of the cops. It's not hard to obey the law, idiots.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Protocol7 posted:

high capacity assault hobo

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Applewhite posted:

check ur privilege

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
lol "i own guns to fight the police"

that sounds like its gonna work out well for you

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Applewhite posted:

once i was detained and taken to the police station b/c i matched the description for the guy they were looking for

the description in question? black male between 5"7 and 6"3 with dreadlocks

i was in dc

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

BottledBodhisvata posted:

check ur privilege

The privilege to live in a society of laws that are actually easy to follow and don't inconvenience me? I appreciate it every day.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

Like those people who got their car and themselves shot up for having a car that looked like the one Dorner may be driving? :thumbsup:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

nutranurse posted:

once i was detained and taken to the police station b/c i matched the description for the guy they were looking for

the description in question? black male between 5"7 and 6"3 with dreadlocks

i was in dc

Guess you'll think twice before sporting what is literally the worst hairstyle.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
i dont like overly aggressive cops but i dont like to be bunched in with cop haters either because they tend to be idiots. dunno where I stand!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Tony Homo posted:

Like those people who got their car and themselves shot up for having a car that looked like the one Dorner may be driving? :thumbsup:

So the police just saw a car and started shooting it up, or is there more to the story?

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Someone should explajn to black people that if you try to fight the cops they are allowed to kill you.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Applewhite posted:

Guess you'll think twice before sporting what is literally the worst hairstyle.

that would be the topknot, tho

also i find that people who think lowly of dreadlocks tend to be imagining gross white people dreadlocks--why must white people ruin everything

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
COPS is filmed on location with the armed men and women of law enforcement. All suspects are guilty until proven innocent in a court of law.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Tezzor posted:

The options these days are either die on your knees pleading or die on your feet shooting. I try not to judge either.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

1gnoirents posted:

i dont like overly aggressive cops but i dont like to be bunched in with cop haters either because they tend to be idiots. dunno where I stand!

I don't support police brutality by any stretch of the imagination and believe we need to reform the police department, but crying foul literally every single time a cop does anything and hating all of them in general is stupid.

Who else is gonna enforce the law? Answer me that.

nutranurse posted:

that would be the topknot, tho

also i find that people who think lowly of dreadlocks tend to be imagining gross white people dreadlocks--why must white people ruin everything

I don't discriminate, dreadlocks look bad no matter what race you are.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Applewhite posted:

hth, they look infinitely worse on white folk b/c their hair cant naturally twist or lock, so they go about doing weird gross stuff like not washing their hair ever and throwing weird bonding agents into it

to each their own tho

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Applewhite posted:

So the police just saw a car and started shooting it up, or is there more to the story?

The SUV was delivering newspapers. They saw an object get thrown from out the window so they opened fire.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Don't correct me if you think I'm wrong white guy dreadlocks are the worst.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Parallax Scroll posted:

The SUV was delivering newspapers. They saw an object get thrown from out the window so they opened fire.

Well then I agree the police were wrong in that case.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

amityville anus posted:

Don't correct me if you think I'm wrong white guy dreadlocks are the worst.

they look like strands of poop cascading from their scalps

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
i think the problem here is cops arrest you to figure out if you've committed a crime instead of arresting you on suspicion of a specific crime

when you say "no", suddenly they've figured out your crime: resisting arrest!

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

huskarl_marx posted:

i think the problem here is cops arrest you to figure out if you've committed a crime instead of arresting you on suspicion of a specific crime

when you say "no", suddenly they've figured out your crime! resisting arrest!

So... don't say "no" just cooperate and answer their questions we're all on the same team.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Applewhite posted:

Well then I agree the police were wrong in that case.

Cool!

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005

Applewhite posted:

So... don't say "no" just cooperate and answer their questions we're all on the same team.

Lmao i hope swat accidently raids ur house and kills u

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

laughably naïve or viciously callow? its your decision.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

huskarl_marx posted:

White as all hell covers both right?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tezzor posted:

you're a loving moron and this is literally how the black panthers started

quote:

After the police killed Matthew Johnson, an unarmed young black man in San Francisco, Newton observed the violent rebellion that followed. He had an epiphany that would distinguish the Black Panther Party from the multitude of organizations seeking to build Black Power. Newton saw the explosive rebellious anger of the ghetto as a force, and believed that if he could stand up to the police, he could organize that force into political power. Inspired by Robert F. Williams' armed resistance to the KKK (and Williams' book Negroes with Guns),[34] Newton studied California gun law until he knew it better than many police officers. Like the Community Alert Patrol in Los Angeles after the Watts Rebellion, he decided to organize patrols to follow the police around to monitor for incidents of brutality. But with a crucial difference: his patrols would carry loaded guns.

California passed gun control laws in response to quell that poo poo. that's why your moronic screeds in favor of gun control are so annoying; because you can't see how actual people benefit from their ownership and can fight local scale governmental oppression

tldr you're dumb as poo poo gently caress off

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
GIVE MY STICK
GIVE MY STICK GIVE MY STICK

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
No one should have guns then we'd all get real mad but wouldnt be able to kill each other from our madness, we'd just get real hurted.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

A shameful thread

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Applewhite posted:

they're definitely worse on white people but are terrible in general I agree.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Why do cops get cucked so much? Can't be that many ex marines.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Blue Train posted:

you're a loving moron and this is literally how the black panthers started

California passed gun control laws in response to quell that poo poo. that's why your moronic screeds in favor of gun control are so annoying; because you can't see how actual people benefit from their ownership and can fight local scale governmental oppression

tldr you're dumb as poo poo gently caress off

well obviously an organization of people with guns is slightly more efficacious than one goon, and the and the panthers got broken up, and those who shot cops got thrown in prison for life if they were lucky

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I am legitimately surprised nobody yelled WORLDSTAR not even once in that vid

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Tezzor, instead of bitching to the internet about how terrible guns are, why don't you actually go out there and do something?

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
I wonder what it feels like to pound a nightstick into a bad man, to really give him a real thrashing with my hard stick. I imagine it's quite exhilarating . :cop:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 207 days!)

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Tezzor, instead of bitching to the internet about how terrible guns are, why don't you actually go out there and do something?

hed probably be shot hopefully

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

huskarl_marx posted:

If the cops start beating on me for literally no reason maybe I'll change my tune, but if I'm causing a ruckus I've got it coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
guns can be used by people to fight local scale government oppression *does not cite an example of this successfully occurring*

• Locked thread