Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

1gnoirents posted:

i dont like overly aggressive cops but i dont like to be bunched in with cop haters either because they tend to be idiots. dunno where I stand!

i can usually avoid aggressive cops but not vocal dolts so it's easy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Applewhite posted:

The privilege to live in a society of laws that are actually easy to follow and don't inconvenience me? I appreciate it every day.

you can save yourself a lot of words and just call it white privilege

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Remember that retarded guy that was beat to death by police and cried out for his father with his last breaths? Lmfao gotta get me an extendable baton and do the whipping motion with it to extend it, also its a metaphor for my penis becomeing erect.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Cursed Lumberjack posted:

you can save yourself a lot of words and just call it white privilege

Whatever dude, there are lots and lots and lots of Black people who never get hassled by the police.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
i too wish ill upon innocents

nuke everybody

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Tezzor posted:

guns can be used by people to fight local scale government oppression *does not cite an example of this successfully occurring*

If you hate guns so much, go and kill gun owners you loving retard.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 218 days!)

Applewhite posted:

Whatever dude, there are lots and lots and lots of Black people who never get hassled by the police.

on which planet

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Just kick out all the cops and get new ones who are true and virtuous. :)

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

West SAAB Story posted:

on which planet

Sorry I meant to post that in the Worldbuilding thread.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
Make cops change professions every year. That way, no one can obtain massive amounts of unchecked power.

Hell, let's have the new cops kill the old cops every January. We can make an event out of it.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Applewhite posted:

Sorry I meant to post that in the Worldbuilding thread.

its ok ur avatar amuses me

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

This is definitely the whitest phrase I heard today.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Durr, society would be better if there were no police! I'd feel much safer if criminals were just given the run of the place.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Blue Train posted:

California passed gun control laws in response to quell that poo poo. that's why your moronic screeds in favor of gun control are so annoying; because you can't see how actual people benefit from their ownership and can fight local scale governmental oppression

Maybe we should have gun control that applies only to straight white men.

I'm only half-joking

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Hobohemian posted:

This is definitely the whitest phrase I heard today.

I bet I can find five Black guys in my office who have never once had a negative interaction with the police.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Applewhite posted:

Durr, society would be better if there were no police! I'd feel much safer if criminals were just given the run of the place.

Dude, if I could kill anyone that wronged me without any repercussions I'd do it every loving day.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Applewhite posted:

nobody over 13 wants no cops, they just want cops who aren't violent, petty abusers of authority

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Applewhite posted:

criminals were just given the run of the place.

that already happened theyre called the police

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Applewhite posted:

I bet I can find five Black guys in my office who have never once had a negative interaction with the police.

Lol, I bet I can find 5 black guys in your office who are gonna talk about that stupid white human being after work.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Sham bam bamina! posted:

nobody over 13 wants no cops, they just want cops who aren't violent, petty abusers of authority

Oh well I'm with you there. But I wish a lot of people could be less violent and petty.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Applewhite posted:

Applewhite posted:

five Black guys in my office

Your slaves don't count.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Applewhite posted:

do the janitors have keycards that work this early in the day?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Just kick out all the cops and get new ones who are true and virtuous. :)

just stop at the "kick out all cops" part

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Hobohemian posted:

Lol, I bet I can find 5 black guys in your office who are gonna talk about that stupid white human being after work.

That ship has sailed my friend.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
LA kind of likes to riot I wonder if they will over this.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
policing and soldiery are some super duper important jobs and every single person should have the responsibility of both

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Applewhite posted:

Oh well I'm with you there. But I wish a lot of people could be less violent and petty.
You're a dipshit.

red polo shirts
Jan 16, 2015

Why aren't there robot cops?

There should be robot cops.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

natetimm posted:

LA kind of likes to riot I wonder if they will over this.

Wasn't a black guy. None of my friend's who were up in arms about Eric Garner and Michael Brown are even caring.

I guess only #blacklivesmanner :rolleyes:

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Kiss all cops

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

red polo shirts posted:

Why aren't there robot cops?

There should be robot cops.

same reason there shouldnt be robot stock traders, an overnight rounding error results in billions lost (money, lives)

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

huskarl_marx posted:

same reason there shouldnt be robot stock traders, an overnight rounding error results in billions lost (money, lives)

There are robot stock traders though.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tezzor posted:

guns can be used by people to fight local scale government oppression *does not cite an example of this successfully occurring*

it is difficult to measure something not happening. armed patrols in neighborhoods serve the same purpose as neighborhood watch organizations which is to prevent crime. there are further examples in organizations such as the pink pistols, who carry guns in order to prevent gay bashing. my argument was really that there are reasons to own and carry guns but in that quote I was specifically referencing the black panthers. but like I said you're dumb as gently caress so w/e

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.

Applewhite posted:

I don't support police brutality by any stretch of the imagination and believe we need to reform the police department, but crying foul literally every single time a cop does anything and hating all of them in general is stupid.

Please explain to me again why I need to empathize and give the benefit of the doubt to someone who chose to take a position of power and authority with the ability to legally use lethal force and not say, the unarmed guy he shot dead while others held him down.

The thing that really gets to me is people who think its not OK for people in the position of a police office to actually have more accountability. You're god drat right every single time a cop is involved in an incident where he ends up killing someone that poo poo should be treated as guilty before proven innocent for the cop. Especially if that person was unarmed. Their position of power means they should have more consequences for making mistakes when it results in someone being harmed or killed, not less. If you don't think thats fair then don't become a cop or take a job where peoples lives are in your hands like that.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Hobohemian posted:

:thejoke:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Wasn't a black guy. None of my friend's who were up in arms about Eric Garner and Michael Brown are even caring.

I guess only #blacklivesmanner :rolleyes:

uhhh im p sure the homeless guy's a black guy and that it was a black cop who did most of the damage to him

i think it'd be more likely that homeless people dont matter than a race thing. homeless people get beat up on by cops all the time and there's not much uproar b/c gently caress poor people

cthulusnewzulubbq
Jan 26, 2009

I saw something
NASTY
in the woodshed.

Sham bam bamina! posted:

good luck with that

you might as well wish upon a star that every military recruit is an idealogue/historian who finds nationalism distasteful but just sort of signs up anyway

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot

Hobohemian posted:

money != human life (under current trade laws, idk how the future will unfold)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

dunno what's so complicated about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
give all hobos guns

• Locked thread