Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

NattyBo posted:

Has anyone seen if they've let slip how many people can co-op or PVP at a time?

The PSN store page (only the EU version) says 2-5 players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

PSN: BreakAtmo

Groovelord Neato posted:

A perfect Bloodborne commercial would just be random gameplay set to the song from the Captain Onion Dark Souls 2 video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD448x8iitk

This is art.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Psn: mr_horrifying

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

So I know who I killed.

CurrentlythePope but I'm gonna make a new one when I figure out how.

You can't change a PSN account name, so make sure to get a new one before you activate ps+.

Speaking of, will Bloodborne require ps+?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

EC posted:

Speaking of, will Bloodborne require ps+?

Yup, requires PlayStation®Plus membership to access online multiplayer

Which isn't listed on US PSN, interesting.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

turtlecrunch posted:

:siren: Since it's March it's probably okay to start collecting PSN IDs, so post em if you got em. :siren:

HaitianDivorce94 here.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
PSN: Doctor Kinbote

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

PSN: EffEmmEll

Goon co op is the best co op. I hope we can still play Santa.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

Yup, requires PlayStation®Plus membership to access online multiplayer

Which isn't listed on US PSN, interesting.

This is a given for all PS4 titles, I thought?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

The_White_Crane posted:

Not all - some games, such as most MMOs, have free online MP.

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!

The_White_Crane posted:

Nope, only games using the Sony servers, if memory serves.

It's going to be reaaaally hard to properly enjoy this game when I myself don't own a PS4. drat you, poverty.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I keep going back on forth on whether I'm going to grab a ps4 + tv + ps plus subscription for this game. It looks awesome... But that's a lot for one game and there's literally nothing else exclusive that I'd use it all for.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

turtlecrunch posted:

:siren: Since it's March it's probably okay to start collecting PSN IDs, so post em if you got em. :siren:

TheOriginalZDog

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

No that game data is very much real and is in the DeS game files. Many people have started breaking into it.
The actual level data is hosed and the spawns don't have AI and there's no archstones or bosses (I think Vanguard is at the end but he just stands there) but its totally real, un-finished game data.
There are archstones actually, but it's a different model than the regular one. The AI not working is partly my fault, hopefully I can figure out what's wrong.

Genocyber posted:

As an fyi, the guy who uploaded that video (Sanadsk) is not the most trustworthy source. He uses information without giving credit and has outright lied about things. That video's probably accurate but it's just something to keep in mind.
The area is real, the biggest issue with Sanadsk's video is that it's rendered with some model viewer and not in-game, and he added a bunch of stuff that isn't actually there in the game data, such as the snowing effect.

ebiflynageruyo made an edited version of my Twitch VOD for YouTube: (with my permission of course)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA9c01YsEFM

gibbed fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Mar 3, 2015

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

You've ruined the act, GOB.
psn: KingleyZissou

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

gibbed posted:

ebiflynageruyo made an edited version of my Twitch VOD for YouTube: (with my permission of course

Cool. I considered posting that link but couldn't find any proof you'd given permission so I just went with the Twitch VOD.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

gibbed posted:

There are archstones actually, but it's a different model than the regular one. The AI not working is partly my fault, hopefully I can figure out what's wrong.

The man himself! I remember talking to you about messing with Farcry3 DLLs (and using your sweet sweet mod)

That' be pretty cool if you could get the AI working on those enemies, although I don't think there'd be much to it? Seems like the whole zone is still extremely unfinished.

Its rad as hell though that you were able to break into the land of giants period. Console hacking always impresses me more than PC hacking, although I guess that's just because I'm familiar with how to do it on PC but not on console.

Are you planning on playing Bloodborne, and are you going to try to explore game data and or hack Bloodborne? I guess PS3 is pretty wide-open these days but PS4 not so much.

Lafwanda
May 28, 2014
PSN - Lafwanda

This game is the reason I got a PS4

Also, I have a friend who plans on live streaming Bloodborne at launch. They are probably the biggest souls fan I personally know.

http://www.twitch.tv/rylicious/profile

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Zaphod42 posted:

Are you planning on playing Bloodborne

what the hell kinda question is that

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Zaphod42 posted:

Are you planning on playing Bloodborne
I've already played Bloodborne (well, the alpha). :toot:

Zaphod42 posted:

and are you going to try to explore game data and or hack Bloodborne? I guess PS3 is pretty wide-open these days but PS4 not so much.
Until the PS4 is broken to expose game data, that won't happen.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Psn: PolypPaul

Dr.Cthulhu
Jan 19, 2005

Earache! Earache!
Cthulhu Fatigue!
PS4: Robotisize

Haven't ordered a collectors edition of a game in a long time but as a huge Demons/Dark Souls fan, how can I resist!

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
A friend at GDC is playing bloodborne there, I'm jealous.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

turtlecrunch posted:

As others have said, this commercial is probably intended to get to the non-Souls fanatic and specifically avoid the Souls angle because the #1 thing non-Souls people know about Souls is "it's hard",

Which is weird not to include it, because that's actually literally a selling point and Bandai Namco's advertising core for the Souls series, none of the "prepare to die" propaganda exists in Japan.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Megalixir posted:

Which is weird not to include it, because that's actually literally a selling point and Bandai Namco's advertising core for the Souls series, none of the "prepare to die" propaganda exists in Japan.

That "prepare to die" was Bamco's campaign may be a big reason why there isn't a hint of it here. Also "it's hard" may have receded as a good selling point from Demon's Souls to now. The people who like it because it's hard are already part of the fanbase. I am going to guess they're now trying to catch people who are interested because of the not-slow, not-medieval setting and because of the guns. We'll see eventually if there's a longer launch trailer that pulls quotes about brutal/unforgiving combat or not.

RealSovietBear
Aug 14, 2013

Bears from Space
PSN: RealSovietBear

I'll probably be recording this game since I'll have a capture card by then, so only join in on a game if you're ok with that.

Pre-ordered the game, can't wait for the end of the month. Considering the idea of taking a few days off for it, to be honest.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

PSN: DeathShiki

I will probably need help. :ohdear:

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

RealSovietBear posted:

I'll probably be recording this game since I'll have a capture card by then, so only join in on a game if you're ok with that.
The PS4 itself can capture varying lengths of video and auto-records every 15 minutes of your game (check the "share" menu in a game sometime to configure this) so technically everyone can record you. :v: It's a nice feature. The PS4 recordings are 720p with some compression, so a capture card is still king, but it's nice if you can't drag your PC over to do all that.

Annoying Reveler
Jul 16, 2002
PSN: SeeMoreBears

NINETEEN DAYS!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

If only it came out this week so I could play it over Spring Break.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Unnnnnnngh schedule change allows me the 24th off gonna BloodBorne so hard
:gizz:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Thanks for reminding me thread, I gotta ask my boss for a couple days off in a bit here...

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.
So is there still no info on where the Saw Cleaver Steelbook will be sold? I know it's probably the EU only since it was shown on the EU blog, but which retailer there exactly?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Lotish posted:

If only it came out this week so I could play it over Spring Break.

Same. I was able to blitz through Dks2 since it came out on Spring Break. Otoh I have enough work for my classes over the break that it's probably for the best.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

neetengie posted:

So is there still no info on where the Saw Cleaver Steelbook will be sold? I know it's probably the EU only since it was shown on the EU blog, but which retailer there exactly?

This is the only place I'm sure about for it:
http://www.amazon.de/Bloodborne-Limited-Steelbook-exklusiv-Amazon/dp/B00TE2XFC0/

It also gets the fedora skin which is advertised elsewhere as an EB exclusive. :psyduck:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

turtlecrunch posted:

http://www.amazon.de/Bloodborne-Limited-Steelbook-exklusiv-Amazon/dp/B00TE2XFC0/

It also gets the fedora skin which is advertised elsewhere as an EB exclusive. :psyduck:

drat... that looks so much cooler than the regular cover. :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

turtlecrunch posted:

quote:

exklusiv bei Amazon.de

:smith:

Ah well, I've got a preorder for the NA collector's and that'll be cool enough.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 5, 2015

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Anyone have suggestions for where to order bloodborne, for some silly poopy pre-order junk or otherwise? I live in north america, so I assume something like gamestop might be my best bet, unless amazon has it cheaper or a better pre-order item.

quote:

Pre-order Bloodborne and receive receive Top Hat Messenger skin DLC for use in the game. Messengers are nightmare creatures that hold your messages for other players, and guard your tombstone upon your death so other players can catch a glimpse of your final moments of life. This unique skin lets your personal messengers don stylish top hats wherever they go. The bonus Messenger skin will be a promotional code that will be delivered via e-mail within two days after your product ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders

both gamestop and amazon offer this. So I guess, what does the NA collector's edition have? Amazon didn't list anything.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Scyron posted:

Anyone have suggestions for where to order bloodborne, for some silly poopy pre-order junk or otherwise? I live in north america, so I assume something like gamestop might be my best bet, unless amazon has it cheaper or a better pre-order item.

both gamestop and amazon offer this. So I guess, what does the NA collector's edition have? Amazon didn't list anything.

Gamestop is the only NA one with 2 different skins (its exclusive bandages skin and the top hat that apparently comes with any preorder anywhere in NA).

Only Nightmare edition comes with a skin (and it's Top Hat, which you get for preorder in NA anyway). The Collectors Edition has nothing special as far as in-game bonuses. You get it for the artbook and your crappy digital ost coupon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
What of the PSN-digital?
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/bloodborne/cid=UP9000-CUSA00900_00-BLOODBORNE000000

I think I might just go with amazon, and use some of my reward points or whatever, maybe try and get it for $40 or less.

• Locked thread