Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I'm not saying dont build a fist!! Im saying dont build one and then build IE second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
running my stream now, watch me be lovely as I don't know how to animation cancel at over 200 ms less than usual

twitch.tv/tonetta42

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KicksYouInHalf posted:

There's this weird mindset that people have that duos have at least one of them being dead weight or something (which is true in some cases) so like Asema said, just don't announce that poo poo. We played something like 40-60 games together last season while climbing to gold and the ONE WEIRD TRICK with duoing is to not get attached to the idea of laning together all the time. Sometimes you gotta fill even when you are duo and that's okay. The point of duoing is to make it so your team is guaranteed have two decent players on it instead of one (this is a fallacy though since everyone is trash at this game).

i miss you bud we should play more if my work ever actually gives me the time to do so (don't hold your breathe i've been making this promise to rc for like, the past month and i'm apparently bad at keeping up with it) i even have a mic now :v:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

Your team shouldn't engage lopsided fights while you are culling waves to manage map pressure for them but we all know that can be a fantasy in solo queue so just tell them your decision so you have plausible deniability later.

"I'm going bottom to clean up two waves."

"Well you guys probably shouldn't have hooked that Rammus."

The most frustrating for me is when I am walking towards the team and ask them not to fight until I get there, and they engage anyways and ask me where I was. I was walking to the team fight. Then you immediately get blamed for them engaging without you.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

NTT posted:

why even queue up for ranked if you cant win lane with voice chat

FTFY.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NTT posted:

I'm not saying dont build a fist!! Im saying dont build one and then build IE second

ahh! im sorry i just recently got into ezreal and want to be the very best because ezreal is my anime boyfriend :swoon:

I also just read your major post that was referenced when I first asked, so that helps out a lot.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Well Duoing also fucks with your match making so unless you're both of fairly equal skill it can cause problems for you directly.

Another ONE WEIRD TRICK, don't carry/be carried by your poo poo friends. I thought it was pretty clear that when people talk about duoing they are assuming the duo partners are at least roughly the same level at their roles.

Asema posted:

i miss you bud we should play more if my work ever actually gives me the time to do so (don't hold your breathe i've been making this promise to rc for like, the past month and i'm apparently bad at keeping up with it) i even have a mic now :v:

Hey grats on the job! I'm on sporadically throughout the day/night now so hit me up whenever. Oddly enough, ADC is my best role now.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Asema posted:

ahh! im sorry i just recently got into ezreal and want to be the very best because ezreal is my anime boyfriend :swoon:

I also just read your major post that was referenced when I first asked, so that helps out a lot.

I thought imaqtpie was your boyfriend
DHSWC duo my last promo game when I wake up in 4 hours with me please. Thanks.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

KicksYouInHalf posted:

Hey grats on the job! I'm on sporadically throughout the day/night now so hit me up whenever. Oddly enough, ADC is my best role now.

Thanks for the grats! I'll support you if we ever match times to be on, that way you can be super judgmental of my amazing Braum play 8j

RC Cola posted:

I thought imaqtpie was your boyfriend
DHSWC duo my last promo game when I wake up in 4 hours with me please. Thanks.

i love the pie but he does not love me back :smith:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
when i stole baron for qtpie my finger touched god's for a moment

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NTT posted:

:swoon:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Tonetta posted:

running my stream now, watch me be lovely as I don't know how to animation cancel at over 200 ms less than usual

twitch.tv/tonetta42

I will watch you tactically feed until I have to go to work, also pls speak more tia.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

NTT posted:

A glorious fresco was commissioned to commemorate the occasion.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Well, "struggles against" means those are the only ones where she's 50% win rate instead of 55-60. So I think saying she's good against any support isn't wrong. In fact, by those same numbers (on Leona's side), Jinx is the second best ADC against Leona.

That's right, but the difference is marginal. If Jinx is over 4% less likely to win a game against Leona than an 'average' support (and ~6% for Blitzcrank) then it's pretty clear that she is struggling against them at some level. As noted already, most of Jinx's relative strength comes through scaling and teamfight ability.

Asema posted:

Jinx is a lane bully, and you are right that she won't out damage Graves per hit, but she'll get 2-3 hits per 1 of Graves because that's how her gimmick works.

I also hate to use this argument but she's seeing a lot of pro play in the LCS while also being spammed in SoloQ by much better players than both of us so maybe you should just realize that are wrong.

Also never before have I ever seen "She's all autoattack damage" be used as a slight against an ADC. What a world to be living in. A single tear rolling down Caitlyn's cheek.

This is really wrong, and Graves (who has seen more play than Jinx at the pro level for the last 2 months at least) is definitely a stronger laner than Jinx. Switcheroo isn't magic and if you're regularly trading minigun autos with Graves in lane you're going to lose really hard (if you're using rocket autos the AS on those is incredibly slow so at most you use them to poke). With 1 point in Graves E and 1 point in Jinx Q (i.e., levels 1-3 in lane) Graves has higher AS than Jinx does even in minigun, which means that he actually wins every serious trade by a lot, plus his Q/W dominates Jinx's W/E for burst. He also can follow up much harder than she can if his support lands any form of hard CC.

There's nothing wrong with being a primarily autoattack damage ADC, but it means that you scale off of items and are mostly lategame oriented, as opposed to AD casters who get good burst in lane largely off of the base damages on their spells.

Asema posted:

Jinx's Q is fine, Zap needs to get it's range nerfed to be the max range of her rockets tbh, there is 0 point for it to be as long as it is.

Zap is functionally mostly a CC skill rather than a poke tool in lane (it has fantastic scaling and range but is incredibly easy to dodge if your opponent isn't an idiot). 700 range Zap would be one of the most useless skills in the game and I have no idea why anyone would ever even use it then when it has a noticeable channel. Jinx is really strong primarily because of her Q, so if you want to make meaningful changes to her strength you probably need to start there.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Jinx wins trades by getting unanswered auto attacks repeatedly using rockets

it's not a hard concept

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Libertine posted:

A glorious fresco was commissioned to commemorate the occasion.

new work wallpaper found

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

blah_blah posted:

Zap is functionally mostly a CC skill rather than a poke tool in lane (it has fantastic scaling and range but is incredibly easy to dodge if your opponent isn't an idiot). 700 range Zap would be one of the most useless skills in the game and I have no idea why anyone would ever even use it then when it has a noticeable channel. Jinx is really strong primarily because of her Q, so if you want to make meaningful changes to her strength you probably need to start there.

This is kinda what I assumed from playing lots of Jinx in Dirt League and watching lots of streams. Q seems like the obvious target and it has a lot of knobs to turn to nerf her a little bit without throwing her into the dumpster. You can reduce rocket range, rocket bonus damage/splash damage, minigun speed boost, rocket mana cost, all that poo poo.

Zap is a really good ability but how often do you see Jinx poo poo on somebody and think "drat if only Zap had 200 less range that would've gone the other way."

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Zap is a really good ability but how often do you see Jinx poo poo on somebody and think "drat if only Zap had 200 less range that would've gone the other way."

When they flash away from a bonafide kill but it's okay because zap's range will still hit them, like you see it all the loving time so ?????

fnox
May 19, 2013

the rockets also crit. like, the AOE portion of it. the reason Jinx dominates that hard is that a crit rocket with Infinity Edge + Shiv does like 275% AD on a 150 radius plus the crit AOE from Shiv from 700 range and that makes her spike super hard at three items onwards since it's all AOE damage you can't dodge.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Tonetta posted:

twitch.tv/tonetta42

its really u

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Asema posted:

When they flash away from a bonafide kill but it's okay because zap's range will still hit them, like you see it all the loving time so ?????

who flashes in the direction they are already running to dodge skillshots????????

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jolly well posted:

who flashes in the direction they are already running to dodge skillshots????????

you are not understanding what im saying

You've NEVER in your league of legends career as a pro shitter dashed to get away from a team chasing you and then flashed over a wall/pit to get even further away and then get hit by the barely dick length available of zap? like never?? Never ever?? I'm not saying you flash in the direction of where the skill shot is no, sheesh.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Asema posted:

When I say "go the other way" I don't mean "manage to limp off after Jinx has already beaten the piss out of you and will probably continue to beat the piss out of you once you return to lane"

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Asema posted:

You've NEVER in your league of legends career as a pro shitter dashed to get away from a team chasing you and then flashed over a wall/pit to get even further away and then get hit by the barely dick length available of zap? like never?? Never ever?? I'm not saying you flash in the direction of where the skill shot is no, sheesh.

That's happened to me. And my thought was not "nerf Zap!".

Rahtas
Oct 22, 2010

RABBIT TROOP FOREVER!
If y'all wanna see how high 60 ping can take ya, well feast your eyes on Ranked Silver games.

https://www.twitch.tv/rahtas

send this link to every member of your family. Go to ancestry.com, pay an exorbitant fee, find your 5th removed half nephew in law in Bulgaria and send him this link.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
Let me be clear. I think they should nerf Zap's range just out of principle that a 1500 unit ability with CC should not be available to an ADC.

That's independent of them needing to touch up her Q to bring her power levels down just a little.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Asema posted:

if you genuinely think that the range of zap is overpowered because people can snipe you with it if you assume flashing a wall gets you out safely and lower your guard... its like if you successfully escape a xerath you also have to play the ult dodging game. similarly, flashing from caitlyn will result in immediate demise, as will trying to escape anyone with a global ult, corkis ult to a lesser but still noticeable extent, varus, miss fortune, and a bunch of other picks that arent adc players. its the same thing. you cant assume you escaped because they cant immediately see you.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tequila Sunrise posted:

That's happened to me. And my thought was not "nerf Zap!".

Thats exactly what i was saying! Thanks so much for articulating it so much better than I could, you're the best.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It's one of the most telegraphed abilities in the game for crying out loud.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jolly well posted:

if you genuinely think that the range of zap is overpowered because people can snipe you with it if you assume flashing a wall gets you out safely and lower your guard... its like if you successfully escape a xerath you also have to play the ult dodging game. similarly, flashing from caitlyn will result in immediate demise, as will trying to escape anyone with a global ult, corkis ult to a lesser but still noticeable extent, varus, miss fortune, and a bunch of other picks that arent adc players. its the same thing. you cant assume you escaped because they cant immediately see you.

Asema posted:

Jinx's Q is fine, Zap needs to get it's range nerfed to be the max range of her rockets tbh, there is 0 point for it to be as long as it is.

But sure, I'll be the punching bag for attacking it I guess

Like this entire conversation jumped from somebody saying Jinx was bad and easily bullied to this.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Q scaling up so drat hard is definitely the major reason why her win rate is so high.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't know how giving an example of one of the longest reaching abilities in the game suddenly means that I think it's overpowered or that "i've lowered my guard"

lots of reading into things that aren't there

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

NTT posted:

Q scaling up so drat hard is definitely the major reason why her win rate is so high.

Completely agree. I just think the range on it is absurd compared to everyone else in her class.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Let me be clear. I think they should nerf Zap's range just out of principle that a 1500 unit ability with CC should not be available to an ADC.

That's independent of them needing to touch up her Q to bring her power levels down just a little.

Zap is like one of the easiest skillshots in the game to dodge.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Completely agree. I just think the range on it is absurd compared to everyone else in her class.

Rockets just dont need to crit

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NTT posted:

Rockets just dont need to crit

this would be a good nerf I think.

Firebert posted:

argument isn't about user capability in dodging it aaaaaaaaaaaa

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Asema posted:

this would be a good nerf I think.

Rocket AoE* at least. I dont have a problem with the main target receiving a crit

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

my biggest pet peeve about playing against jinx is that she is really good at solo pushing towers because she kills them before you can properly react and even if you show up in time to see her kill it unlike every other adc except maybe iceglove ezreal she just gets to run off laughing in your faces

like that girl is just too good at soloing towers down to get a giant movespeed steroid for killing towers

NTT posted:

Rocket AoE* at least. I dont have a problem with the main target receiving a crit

rocket aoe critting is overbearing as hell because in the case where you have IE and change and she has IE in theory you should be winning but if you stand too close to creeps you just take a big chuck of damage for free and this can repeat one too many times to be confidently ahead

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Mar 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Firebert posted:

That's not the point.

Jolly well posted:

my biggest pet peeve about playing against jinx is that she is really good at solo pushing towers because she kills them before you can properly react and even if you show up in time to see her kill it unlike every other adc except maybe iceglove ezreal she just gets to run off laughing in your faces

like that girl is just too good at soloing towers down to get a giant movespeed steroid for killing towers

and yes, this is my bigger complaint with jinx.

• Locked thread