Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Didn't they stop all the kids from getting shipped off to Doll Island?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Yep, but it doesn't sound like a local operation since he didn't give a crap about Falcone when Fish mentioned him.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Davros1 posted:

I actually like Selina on this show, and this show is the only Batman media that's actually made me care about the Bruce/Selina pairing. Not any of the comics, or cartoons.

I didn't like her at first when the show was all like "hey look, it's Kat, she likes to be called Kat, like a girl called Cat," but I like here a lot more now.

I mean come on, she put a verbal smackdown on Barbara, that automatically makes her a good character.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Barbara, Fish, Montoya and her partner who's name I never bothered to learn (or did they even mention it?) are the only characters that really, really suck in this show. Some others are a bit mediocre, but when compared to those 4, they're a lot more palatable.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dalael posted:

Barbara, Fish, Montoya and her partner who's name I never bothered to learn (or did they even mention it?) are the only characters that really, really suck in this show. Some others are a bit mediocre, but when compared to those 4, they're a lot more palatable.

The thing is Barbra and Fish are nothing characters and never had any real characterization. Montoya and Crispus Allen are awesome in Gotham Central and what they are doing to them in this show is a real big Question. Its sad as Gotham Central is leaving a big Spectre on the show and how good it could be.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

bpower posted:

I'm itching to see a first date montage ending in a kiss (no tongues) and Bruce clicking his heels and punching the air.

:hfive:

Like Davros1, this show is pretty much the first time I've found the relationship between Bruce/Selina enjoyable without being eyerolling. There's something adorable about the two, maybe it's because for the first time I'm getting to see Selina as a character who isn't being hyper-sexualized all the time.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I'm glad they eased up on her doing cat mannerisms like batting things and such. The show has definitely found its way but the deadweight of Fish and Barbara really need to end.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I don't mind Barbara hanging around if her main role is to be humiliated by children.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bpower posted:

I don't mind Barbara hanging around if her main role is to be humiliated by children.

The best is Ivy, because it sometimes seems that even she can't believe how stupid Barbara is.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Except for being a lazy plot device that one time as a hostage of Falcone's Barbara doesn't bother me. Imho she doesn't get enough screen time to become upset over.

bpower posted:

Plus stuff like this is kind of funny.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
It's not that she gets "too much screen time," it's that the screen time she DOES get is a complete waste of time. It may as well be a commercial. At least a commercial may have the possibility of informing you of a product or event that may be relevant to you.

Let's try to sum up what Barbara's scenes have contributed to the show:

- She's rich
- She's troubled
- She and Gordon dated and then broke up
- She's bisexual
- She doesn't know that when your cop boyfriend tells you bad people are threatening them, it may not be a good idea to go directly TO the bad people (Falcone)
- She thinks she has answers but teenage girls show her up
- She cheated on Jim and then got upset when he moved on weeks (months?) after she LEFT HIM and directly went to the bed of her former lover
- She went home for a few days to her emotionally disconnected parents
- uhhh... am I missing anything?

She's a complete loving waste of time. She doesn't do anything to contribute to the plot or story line except MAYBE that Jim had to rethink his strategy when she hosed up his plan. She's influenced nothing else. The kids stayed with her? So what. They can stay anywhere. From the latest episode with Selena saying they steal hospital food it seems like they moved out anyway. Who cares?

poo poo even Fish has more influence. With her I think we're all just tired of the actress and the implausibility of the 2ft thick plot armor guarding her from what would likely have occurred to her.
a) assassins coming to kill her wouldn't have goddamn missed. They wouldn't be swayed by Butch playing defense.
b) she would have been killed the second she stabbed the the first boss
c) the doc would have gutted her for parts the second she passed out from carving out her eye.

Other than the Fish time sink, good overall episode. Crazy to see Gordon use extortion to further his career though. I didn't think he was like that. Not that I blame him.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Outside of plot armour, I almost get the feeling that they are keeping Fish alive so that they could reveal Dollmaker. That is the only logical explanation that I can come away with, they are keeping her alive long enough to show off a new villain. I can only hope that she will get her due now that her use is gone, but knowing this show :(

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Aces High posted:

Outside of plot armour, I almost get the feeling that they are keeping Fish alive so that they could reveal Dollmaker. That is the only logical explanation that I can come away with, they are keeping her alive long enough to show off a new villain. I can only hope that she will get her due now that her use is gone, but knowing this show :(

At this point, I'm sure Fish will die but my concern is it will be a S2 finale event. I'm almost positive we'll be stuck with this poo poo actress for another year.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Shadow posted:

It's not that she gets "too much screen time," it's that the screen time she DOES get is a complete waste of time. It

She's a complete loving waste of time. She doesn't do anything to contribute to the plot or story line except MAYBE that Jim had to rethink his strategy when she hosed up his plan. She's influenced nothing else. The kids stayed with her? So what. They can stay anywhere. From the latest episode with Selena saying they steal hospital food it seems like they moved out anyway. Who cares?

Just like Indiana Jones in raiders of the lost Ark, she is completely irrelevant and really doesn't affect the end of the story.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Dalael posted:

Just like Indiana Jones in raiders of the lost Ark, she is completely irrelevant and really doesn't affect the end of the story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUTdwa1t3lo

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.
Keep hope alive, you guys!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Praise JEBUS

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
THERE IS A GOD AND HE LOVES US

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I find Barbara's character funny just because of just how terrible she is, and she is likely intended to be viewed that way. Its not like her actions are played in a positive light. I think the audience is supposed to feel some schadenfreude every time she is on the screen. Every character thinks she is pathetic and shows it or out right says it. The look on her face when she saw Gordon making out with the doctor was gold, completely childish. She gets shat on repeatedly and completely deserves it.

Though fish, she is clearly this series "Wesely", the shows creator clearly loves the character. Just be glad that every scene she is not in is not full of characters saying "Wheres' poochie Fish?"

fake edit.

Well poo poo, I guess she is going to die. That's pretty great.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

It is weird that Gordon is supposed to end up with Barbara tho...

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
I've been saying she was going to die since day 1, and for once, I was right about something.

Fish's gonna be sleeping with the fishes. Hooray!

I came here to post this, but I was beaten to the punch. Oh well, good news is good news, even if I am not the guy delivering the good news.

And I still think Barbara is this show's Wesley, just, again, without all that "saving the day" nonsense.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Yay, the show can only get better from here!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If she dies, have it be some meaningless, unceremonious death. She dies after having an allergic reaction to peanuts, or something.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Sepsis sets in because of a sloppy, unlicensed eye transplant.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
the next batch of bodies needed include her

she says "wait wha... I THOUGHT WE HAD A DEAL"
Dr. doll boy replies, "you thought wrong... you're a prisoner retard. I needed eye transplant practice. plus messing with you was fun"
*look of horror on Fish's face*

fin

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

Shadow posted:

Dr. doll boy replies, "you thought wrong... you're a prisoner retard. I needed eye transplant practice. plus messing with you was fun"

fin

Surely there's potential for some human-centipede style body horror before she goes.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
I'd almost like for the Penguin to kill Fish though, but how many episodes are left? Things would have to get pretty convoluted to get us to that point.

Oh wait, this is Gotham, she'll just show back up in town because Dollmaker wanted a carton of milk or something. :v:

imperialparadox fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Mar 9, 2015

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Gonz posted:

If she dies, have it be some meaningless, unceremonious death. She dies after having an allergic reaction to peanuts, or something.

She finally arrives back in Gotham. And says something like "Watch out Gotham! Fish is back in town!" She takes one step forward and is hit by a bus final destination style.

Though real answer, the penguins gotta do it.

rich thick and creamy
May 23, 2005

To whip it, Whip it good
Pillbug

Shadow posted:

Doc: "I also wanted to see if packing a small C4 charge behind your eye would be detectable vis a vis mucking up your equilibrium. Your balance seems none the worse for it."
Fish: "You what!?"
Doc: "Oh don't worry, you are not a human bomb. It should only be fatal for you, but just to be on the safe side..." *moves behind plexiglass shield*

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Eukodol posted:

Doc: "I also wanted to see if packing a small C4 charge behind your eye would be detectable vis a vis mucking up your equilibrium. Your balance seems none the worse for it."
Fish: "You what!?"
Doc: "Oh don't worry, you are not a human bomb. It should only be fatal for you, but just to be on the safe side..." *moves behind plexiglass shield*

It's almost like Dr. Farnsworth.

Doc: (pulls out a detonator device) (to everyone in the room) OK, let's test this. You may feel a slight stinging sensation--all of you! (click)

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Just throwing this out there, would the Fish/Dollmaker thing have maybe worked better if Dollmaker and Company knew who Fish was in the first place once she was taken?

In that case, I could see them entertaining her a bit and trying to 'recruit' her onto the team. They might have thought she still had some resources and power in Gotham, they've lost their Gotham operatives in the last several months, and Fish is now an outsider who is willing to take part if it means rebuilding her lost power base.

However, I don't think this is the 'end' of Fish in the series. Dollmaker provides a perfect excuse for them to lose the actress and keep the character by having her pull the same stunt Penguin did, but taken to the next level: Instead of simply putting on new clothes and changing her name to get in with a rival syndicate like Penguin, she'll get a whole new face and reincorporate herself back into the Gotham underworld as someone else.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
STILL no further sightings of Bullock's redheaded love interest.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Ha, I mostly like Fish, but then I've only been watching loosely. I like the idea of a massive body transformation where we keep the character but lose the actress, that could be interesting. She's almost certainly just plain old doomed though, which hey, fair enough and probably for the best all around.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
They give Fish and Barbara full dermal transplants with one another.

Which, actually, could be sort of funny. The actress who plays Barbara portrays her as sort of weakly ineffectual and toothless, if she suddenly became a blood-thirsty Fish Mooney and no one commented on the height difference, that might take the show into full on crazy town.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

NowonSA posted:

Ha, I mostly like Fish, but then I've only been watching loosely. I like the idea of a massive body transformation where we keep the character but lose the actress, that could be interesting. She's almost certainly just plain old doomed though, which hey, fair enough and probably for the best all around.

The issue with Fish isn't the actress but the character and the way she is used in the story herself.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jada Smith is the worst. Good riddance.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Fog Tripper posted:

STILL no further sightings of Bullock's redheaded love interest.

Her IMDB page shows Maria Thayer only scheduled for that one ep she was in. Maybe her character realized it was best to get out of Gotham? Especially since Crane had escaped at the end of her ep.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Decius posted:

The issue with Fish isn't the actress but the character and the way she is used in the story herself.

I may need to see other things she's done, but I don't think she's all that great of an actress either. I don't buy a goddamn thing she says and it makes her useless story worse.

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
Honestly, if there is any justice in the world, they should give her a pointless and meaningless death.

Fish arrives back to the shores of gotham. Wandering the streets, she walks down an alley. She runs into some thug, who tells her to keep it moving. She smirks and asks himi if he knows who she is. He doesn't care and shoots her for being mouthy.

Two narcotics detectives, mark the case as a drug deal gone south. Life goes on and nobody gives a poo poo.

-fin-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Bullock tells Gordon that Fish is dead and to meet him at the crime scene. Gordon says he'll be late because he needs to attend Barbara's funeral. Bullock says, "sorry to hear that, how did she die?" "Suicide... she was troubled. Anyway, I'll be at the crime scene in about an hour." "See you then." *scene goes to Bullock over Fish's body and Gordon shows up*

"How was the funeral?"
"Kinda sad. Her parents even left early."
"Cold."
"Yeah, so what we got here?"
"Drug deal gone south."

• Locked thread