Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I actually think that football score placard is also a Zombies Ate My Neighbours reference; cause the level where you fight the martians in that game is on a football field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

http://www.swine-and-bovine.com/menu.html

Those are some fine, healthy choices, yesiree.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

biosterous posted:

:allears:

quote:

S&B may not be to blame for Recent illness.

Representatives from the CDC and WHO cannot confirm that the new outbreaks of Z-Flu in the US are linked to the rumors that Swine & Bovine obtains some their meat from the African food distributor Zimbabwe Outlet Meat Butchery Import Export. Dr. Logan of the World Health Organization has said "It is way too early in our investigation to say that Swine & Bovine is absolutely culpable for the outbreak of Zebra Flu". In an official press release, Harry Cooper, President and CEO of S&B parent company Blunderbuss, stated "Swine and Bovine is an enormously successful brand that serves millions of people each day and that requires them to acquire quality ingredients from all over the world but I've never been directly aware of S&B doing business with Zimbabwe Outlet Meat Butchery Import Export. I'd also like to remind people that rumors are not factual, rumors are rumors, and should be dismissed as such." To boost customer confidence S&B will be offering a 2 for 1 deal on the NEW S&B Sassy! for a limited time.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
You're really going above and beyond with the reference reports, skoolmunkee.

skoolmunkee posted:

Also I was nice and pulled a couple pages from the ebook preview I mentioned in the episode. The joke is that it's written poorly. I don't know why I thought that was worth making fun of honestly, maybe he doesn't speak English really well? Now I feel like a jerk! When it comes down to it, the author has published more books than I have. Perhaps it's my misguided defensive reaction? I'm sorry, John Morales.

There was once a place (it's... not important) where I was in a sort-of moderator capacity by default, and a bunch of people were making fun of a poster who - to be fair - had pretty atrocious spelling/grammar. I said something like "c'mon guys, English is obviously not his first language", to which the person in question replied that "no, English is the only language I know; I was just... bad at school and stuff".

Wow did I feel like a jerk. :eng99:

biosterous posted:

I particularly like the news stories, like the one Glory of Arioch quoted.

The other websites are good too:

http://www.bigdaddyautorepair.com/

http://www.littlepiggytowing.com/

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Ed: Reconciling the Zombie Apocalypse.

Ed liquidated their assets.

Matching Assets to Liabilities. One Bullet(Hanzo steel)/Zombie at a time.

Veloxyll fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Feb 23, 2015

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

ED = mean(Z1:Z10000)

'cause he's like, mean to zombies and that's like a command you could put in a spreadsheet...

I'm sorry.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Ah, you guys are so good!

Nuckelavee
Feb 25, 2014
Ed, he'll bounce your cheques and break your necks.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Something something about how when he smashes their faces against the concrete he says 'I know how to get ah-'Ed' in business!'.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I'm still sad about episode 18.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Suspect Bucket posted:

I'm still sad about episode 18.

We're all feeling the 'stang of loss.

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010

Skippy Granola posted:

We're all feeling the 'stang of loss.

Come on now, don't be an rear end.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

In this update, I give our whiny group members something to think about. I'm tired! I'm hungry! You almost shot me! Weeeeh

Skippy and I are joined by Hotwire/MisterMcPunchy again! Yaaaaay!

skoolmunkee fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 6, 2015

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Yay, we kicked people out!

Waiting for Maya #4 to be recruited.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Aw, I'm glad you guys liked my thing! I guess you may have mentioned it in earlier videos, since this game is full to the brim with horror movie references, but at 08:30, is that supposed to be from Silence of the Lambs? Kind of a stretch compared to the other references if it is.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

I'm Hungry! I'm Angry!
:getout:
Hey now, I'm not THAT Hungry. Or Angry.

Cabayaocalypse.

THE WATER IS PEOPLE.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Just FYI I do need more Survivor Stories! I have two more but they're both so long (but good) that they will be in bonus and breakdown videos.

Samovar posted:

Aw, I'm glad you guys liked my thing! I guess you may have mentioned it in earlier videos, since this game is full to the brim with horror movie references, but at 08:30, is that supposed to be from Silence of the Lambs? Kind of a stretch compared to the other references if it is.

Of course we liked your thing! I'm not sure what you're seeing at 08:30 - the Plum Island Produce truck? That's a reference to one of the recent, bad "of the Dead" movies.

Veloxyll posted:

I'm Hungry! I'm Angry!
:getout:
Hey now, I'm not THAT Hungry. Or Angry.

I bet they are now, though!

Actually those five expelled members have a pretty good chance of surviving, if I'm not mistaken. I BELIEVE that when you have one expelled member on the map and then expel more, they go join that person. I'll have to check the game tonight, but Israel might have 4 new roomies. (Or 2 and then another new enclave with 2 people? idk)

We're just getting practice for Breakdown, where you gotta run lean. No average people in our camp- specials only!

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

Samovar posted:

Aw, I'm glad you guys liked my thing! .

I probably drowned out skool and skippy's ability to hear it with my choked laughter!

Also yes, I am horwire. Thanks.

(my favorite character line by the way is probably either 'howdy, fella. You hungry?' or 'hey, I think I lost my virginity behind that place!')

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

skoolmunkee posted:

Just FYI I do need more Survivor Stories! I have two more but they're both so long (but good) that they will be in bonus and breakdown videos.

I might see about putting something together this weekend.

It may be related to themes raised in this episode. we'll see.

Nuckelavee
Feb 25, 2014

skoolmunkee posted:

Shoot, it's a long weekend. Let's hit it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

skoolmunkee posted:

I'm not sure what you're seeing at 08:30 - the Plum Island Produce truck? That's a reference to one of the recent, bad "of the Dead" movies.

Yeah, that's also the island mentioned in SotL where Lecter is offered to go instead of being cooped up in prison. I was thinking eating people = link to zombies... but 'of the Dead' movie makes much more sense.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 6, 2015

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

It is a compound callout, like the Argento one!

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
So, is it ever explained why the reservoir was filled with bodies, or is it just assumed that the chlichonga dog I dropped poisoned the water supply, and killed all the swimmers?

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

AltaBrown posted:

So, is it ever explained why the reservoir was filled with bodies, or is it just assumed that the chlichonga dog I dropped poisoned the water supply, and killed all the swimmers?

"Boss says we gotta bury all these dead bodies by quitting time or we're fired!"
"/Shrug We're union. Get the backhoe."

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
This was made for an unrelated purpose a long time back but I think that it might be appreciated. http://tindeck.com/listen/axec

Inability to properly improv a song to a beat warning. I drop out of time and it makes my head hurt :(

LP is awesome btw, glad it is picking back up!

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Hm, I do still have my idea for a story... I think I might record it this weekend.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/03/10/undead-labs-finds-tons-of-hidden-penises-in-state-of-decay.aspx

quote:

While working on State of Decay, Undead Labs hired contractors to help build some of the backgrounds. For reasons unknown, those contractors scattered a collage of genitalia across the backgrounds. However, the original version of the game was a low enough resolution that the naughty bits flew under the testing radar.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Because dongs. :allears:

It pleases me that even professional organisations still scrawl dongs etc on things.

“Some of our contractors worked a ridiculous amount of genitalia into the background"

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

JossiRossi, that is a great little recording! It made me laugh, especially "how did I miss it??"

Sorry I didn't realize how long it'd been since an update!

One more main story update, then on to Breakdown and Lifeline! I've also got a long weekend coming up so hopefully I can get a bunch of video in the hopper.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I didn't expect those zombies to make such a perfect "shhloop" noise when gathered from their scattered parts and reformed with the power of editing.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Yeah, the reverse footage was hilarious. The best parts were when you thought it was over but then Katie moonwalked over to another giant pile of corpses and then the re-assembly process started all over again.

Gearface
Feb 25, 2013
I was gonna get mad at Skippy for dissing my man David Cronenberg, but then he called out eXistenZ specifically and I was like "yeah ...".

He did The Fly, though. And also Eastern Promises and also A History of Violence, The Brood, A Dangerous Method, and Spider. So he gets a certain amount of leeway from me. eXistenZ, though ...

Maybe I won't talk about Videodrome and Scanners, either.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

A history of violence wasn't really all that great, though. I only remember it because the bad guy at the end reminded me of a friend of the family so much (that is, in manner and speech, not in being a mob boss).

Gearface
Feb 25, 2013

Samovar posted:

A history of violence wasn't really all that great, though. I only remember it because the bad guy at the end reminded me of a friend of the family so much (that is, in manner and speech, not in being a mob boss).

I like that on the internet we feel the need to specify when someone is not a mob boss. I think for safety reasons everyone should always assume mob boss until proven otherwise.

But yeah, I mostly included that one because it isn't a body horror film, which Skips Granolerson had a problem with. I feel like it could have been improved with a gun made out of gristle, though.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Again I am shamefully late with an update, but it is kinda because I wanted to have something interesting or special for the last video (for the storyline game). Today I thought of what I wanted and got it all planned out! So there will be an update this weekend. :] thanks for hanging in there!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Take yer time, chief. No need to rush.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

skoolmunkee posted:

Again I am shamefully late with an update, but it is kinda because I wanted to have something interesting or special for the last video (for the storyline game). Today I thought of what I wanted and got it all planned out! So there will be an update this weekend. :] thanks for hanging in there!

Thats okay, that means I can feel less guilty about procrastinating on recording a thing to use in your video thing!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Three military guys backed into a corner valiantly punching a tank zombie. That's a perfect metaphor for something.

Gearface
Feb 25, 2013

Glazius posted:

Three military guys backed into a corner valiantly punching a tank zombie. That's a perfect metaphor for something.

That is some political cartoon level rhetoric. In this metaphor Ed is Big Oil and the original Maya is Stem Cell Research.

Skoo's home base is public broadcasting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Hi, I uh got lazy. It is samovars fault, he said I could take my time.

I have procrastinated a ridiculously long time tho. This weekend HELL OR HIGH WATER. even if all I end up posting is a video where I kill every survivor one by one

• Locked thread