Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Brightman posted:

I have a pen made out of this stuff. I love it.

:stare: Next week is gonna be something.

Maybe we'll even see Pearl shapeshift, or find out why she chooses not to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

It all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down~ :negative:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I think it might be self conciousness or something. Pearl thinks she's perfect as she is, so she never needs to shapeshift. Amy hates herself and shapeshifts all the time.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
The final preview there (:siren: mega spoilers :siren:) really hammers home the "Garnet splits into her constituent Gems" thing, with Steven calling out for Amethyst and Pearl but not Garnet.

It's gonna be crazy!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm gonna guess it's either that A) She's real bad at it or B) she's way too good at it.

(A) makes sense since she's a perfectionist and seemed to really want to avoid the subject in the shape shifting episode.

(B) maybe she shape shifts and also starts to mimic the targets thoughts and personality and slowly loses her own.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

We still haven't seen the Pearl and Garnet fusion.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Pearl and Garnet fusion is overrated, Pearl and defused half of garnet, Amethyst and defused other half of Garnet is where it's at. Combinatorics!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Say Nothing posted:

What if we already have, but we just didn't know it?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Honestly, Pearl + Garnet sounds like it would be just as monstrous as Sugilite for the exact opposite reasons.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Rand Brittain posted:

Honestly, Pearl + Garnet sounds like it would be just as monstrous as Sugilite for the exact opposite reasons.

I've imagined that she would seem perfectly balanced and well-reasoned at first and Steven would wonder why they don't fuse more often until she starts plotting to conquer the world.

"It's the only way to make things right, Steven. If we rule the world, then everything will be nice and orderly."

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I personally think pearl and garnets protectiveness of steven would be the dominant thing in the fusion

Like imagine if pearl just got a little of garnets bad things that could happen vision.

Lobsterhead
Nov 1, 2010

La
La la la la
La la la la la
La la la
La la
La...
The Pearl + Garnet fusion may be the thing I'm most looking forward to seeing, whenever it happens. Which I hope is soon. It was always odd to me how they revealed the three-way fusion before their fusion, I wonder if there's a reason for that or if it doesn't mean anything. I think she might be detached and logical to the point of being cold and ruthless. What Acne Rain said sounds plausible too.

Man, I really can't wait for Monday. You know something is awesome when you actually want the weekend to be over. Some speculation regarding Ruby and Sapphire - I bet Sapphire is going to be a sweet, socially awkward seer with one eye, while Ruby is a curt, aggressive fighter. Or, because SU likes messing with expectations, their personalities could be swapped. Also maybe Ruby won't have arms, to explain why Garnet only has 2.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Wrong thread. Can't wait for Monday :allears:

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Acne Rain posted:

I personally think pearl and garnets protectiveness of steven would be the dominant thing in the fusion

Like imagine if pearl just got a little of garnets bad things that could happen vision.

The ultimate helicopter parent, thanks to flying via rotor-spear.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Lobsterhead posted:

Man, I really can't wait for Monday. You know something is awesome when you actually want the weekend to be over. Some speculation regarding Ruby and Sapphire - I bet Sapphire is going to be a sweet, socially awkward seer with one eye, while Ruby is a curt, aggressive fighter. Or, because SU likes messing with expectations, their personalities could be swapped. Also maybe Ruby won't have arms, to explain why Garnet only has 2.

I've thought long and hard about it and I've decided that one of the fusioned Gems wears a poncho :3:

By the way hey, Greg's pretty good at drawing!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kefkafloyd posted:

well, more like double-ended rotor-maul

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

kefkafloyd posted:

But spears are already perfectly aerodynamic!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tollymain posted:

well, more like double-ended rotor-maul

Spear + gauntlets?

I'm thinking something like that.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Say Nothing posted:

Spear + gauntlets?

I'm thinking something like that.

I reckon it'll be based on Pearl's energy-shot thing and be wrist-mounted rockets.

edit: Plus I had Claws and Hammer pegged for Garnet's two halves.

Joust fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Mar 8, 2015

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

There's more than a few possibilities for the Garnet/Pearl fusion's weapon.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Garnet+Pearl (Chalcopyrite?) obviously has a massive gently caress-off jousting lance with a fist at the end.

Not that it matters, because she wouldn't even use a weapon, she'd do stone cold Bodhidharma poo poo like destroying a mountain by staring at it for one week straight.

anyway, that's my ~*headcanon*~

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm still wondering what the hell Lion actually is, seems like it's Rose's familiar but I'm baffled as to why the other gems didn't know about it. I think it's definitely going to factor into Steve's training with Rose's sword, it already took Steven to a combat training ground once before after all.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I'm still wondering what the hell Lion actually is, seems like it's Rose's familiar but I'm baffled as to why the other gems didn't know about it. I think it's definitely going to factor into Steve's training with Rose's sword, it already took Steven to a combat training ground once before after all.

In one episode, Greg seems to recognize Lion but Pearl hushes him.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, this has probably been mentioned before, but I just noticed that back in Rose's Room Amethyst turned on this sound signal device that broke Steven's tv when he got the golfbound secret ending. Any chance that's what got Peridot's attention to start sending her robots?

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

So, this has probably been mentioned before, but I just noticed that back in Rose's Room Amethyst turned on this sound signal device that broke Steven's tv when he got the golfbound secret ending. Any chance that's what got Peridot's attention to start sending her robots?

It's mentioned in the spoiler for one of next week's episodes.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

No chance. The Red Eye was one of hers, and that was in Laser Light Cannon, the second episode.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm honestly worried about Connie even though there's nothing to indicate anything bad happens to her in the upcoming episodes

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

I'm honestly worried about Connie even though there's nothing to indicate anything bad happens to her in the upcoming episodes

The episode description for Friday basically implies that she misses this entire adventure and Steven is sufficiently weirded out by the whole thing that he is hesitant to tell her about it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Thank you. :)

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I can't believe Steven spoiled the book series on Connie smh.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Bobulus posted:

The episode description for Friday basically implies that she misses this entire adventure and Steven is sufficiently weirded out by the whole thing that he is hesitant to tell her about it.

I wonder if this sort of situation will ever cause conflict between Connie and Steven. I could see how telling the story of a traumatic situation for someone else's amusement could get old

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

RandomPauI posted:

While I don't think Connie is going to be harmed physically in any way, something tells me she's going to get her heart or feeling crushed by the end of all of this. She's too close to the family to be left completely unscathed, but I doubt they'll injure a young kid who's pretty much just a bystander.

I'm thinking that after everything settles, or even before it settles, her parents decide to pack up and leave for good, forbidding her from contacting Steven every again because he/his life is just too dangerous. After all, their family's whole thing is safety. And it's not very hard to figure out that the Universe's are not very safe to be around.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Crain posted:

While I don't think Connie is going to be harmed physically in any way, something tells me she's going to get her heart or feeling crushed by the end of all of this. She's too close to the family to be left completely unscathed, but I doubt they'll injure a young kid who's pretty much just a bystander.

I'm thinking that after everything settles, or even before it settles, her parents decide to pack up and leave for good, forbidding her from contacting Steven every again because he/his life is just too dangerous. After all, their family's whole thing is safety. And it's not very hard to figure out that the Universe's are not very safe to be around.

Only the Major could be so heartless as to rip Connie and Steven apart.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Nobody has mentioned this yet, but the plug-robonoid turning into an inverted pyramid is slightly ominous.

You know why.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Say Nothing posted:

Nobody has mentioned this yet, but the plug-robonoid turning into an inverted pyramid is slightly ominous.

You know why.

I don't see the connection.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thank you koos

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Cartoons characters can make you feel good which is the same as being real people :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he saved the thread

• Locked thread