Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Something to add to Gallen's long list of extracurricular achievements alongside Boxing, Taking Drugs and Lamenting The Preponderance Of Managerial Cunts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

they said to keep a hold of the ball

Thats not what the coach meant when he said give him a good hard tackle

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
8 weeks for what Junior Paulo did seems excessive.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Zero weeks on the sideline for Moses if he takes the plea, one if he fights it and loses. I'm pretty sure they'll take it, there's no way I can see him getting off it considering how bad it was.

Lol about the NRL being tough on dangerous tackles..

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Confessed drug cheat Paul Gallen pictured helping the NRL Integrity Unit identify other users of horse steroids.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
It completely baffles me how a man with the physique of George Rose can be a modern NRL player.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Bromwich going for the 2-for-1 special on high shots

edit: gently caress I hate the Melbourne Storm

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Mar 9, 2015

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
loving hell. The rule exists for a reason, you cheating cunts.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

And of course the refs cop out and put it on report.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Smith going over to touch Marshall's shoulder as if he isn't in on their tactics session about sending expendable bench forwards out to hurt players by whatever means necessary

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Whats the use of the On Report system? Why can't every incident be looked at, then maybe the refs would show a card for poo poo like that?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Dirty Frank posted:

Whats the use of the On Report system? Why can't every incident be looked at, then maybe the refs would show a card for poo poo like that?

It's a cop out option, plain and simple. The refs get away with not making an actual call.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
On report don't benefit the other team one bit, and put's the whole team at a disadvantage if they get suspended

it's a lovely system

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Thing is I don't even see an upside, what is the official reason for it? Are the match reviewers so busy they can't look at all the incidents?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Dirty Frank posted:

Thing is I don't even see an upside, what is the official reason for it? Are the match reviewers so busy they can't look at all the incidents?

It is so the refs can be seen to be taking action without actually having to do anything/make a proper decision. It is literally just a cop out there is nothing else to it.

edit: The way they're praising Nabuli is kind of awkward....He's an "authentic" Fijian apparently.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Mar 9, 2015

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

aejix posted:

It completely baffles me how a man with the physique of George Rose can be a modern NRL player.

It gives the rest of us hope.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Melbourne applying the Roosters philosophy of being offside every play knowing the refs don't have the guts to ping them every play so are forced into ignoring it completely since they're gutless.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

Melbourne applying the Roosters philosophy of being offside every play knowing the refs don't have the guts to ping them every play so are forced into ignoring it completely since they're gutless.
I can't blame them for it, only the refs. no points for being honourable in this game.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
but as always the Storm can go gently caress themselves with a dead horse

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I feel like I sucessfully tip Dragons results about 10% of the time, they can go gently caress themselves too.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Wow, what a fun weekend for Rugby League!

I baked and then ate my first meat pie, it was very tasty. Almost choked on it when the ref put that clothesline tackle in the Tigers/Titans game on report instead of using the bin. JFC what do you have to do to get 10 minutes out in this sport?

Also, stckyfngrdboy, what do you think McDermott said to the Rhinos at halftime?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Apollodorus posted:

Wow, what a fun weekend for Rugby League!

I baked and then ate my first meat pie, it was very tasty. Almost choked on it when the ref put that clothesline tackle in the Tigers/Titans game on report instead of using the bin. JFC what do you have to do to get 10 minutes out in this sport?

Also, stckyfngrdboy, what do you think McDermott said to the Rhinos at halftime?

I think he said 'this lot are poo poo what the gently caress are you playing at'. I mean our defence was ok first half, despite conceding two and being lucky to not concede more, but I'm not sure we finished a set in the first forty. Shocking attacking play from us.

BM also, wisely, saved all his interchanges for the second half, knowing how ravaged FC were with injuries. What a second half performance though, one of the best I've ever seen from Leeds.

News from the inside says Lee Radford (hull FC head coach) is a bully and is likely to be sacked shortly.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Ha, yeah, that sounds about right.

Honestly it looked like two completely different teams that just happened to be wearing the same strip. The second half performance was fast, precise, and above all supremely confident; in other words, they played like Leeds.

Also Rob Burrow is my hero, I hope he has a good season this year.

EDIT also the Roosters owned bones, Michael Jennings is basically a laser in human form.

Apollodorus fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 9, 2015

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Apollodorus posted:

EDIT also the Roosters owned bones, Michael Jennings is basically a laser in human form.

Mitchell Pearce is NSW's, potentially Australia's, best halfback

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Sometimes he is, sometimes he's an idiot who makes stupid decisions on the field as well as off.

I don't think Mitchell Pearce would have won Origin last year, but maybe this year?

Apollodorus fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 10, 2015

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I don't like to admit it but he has improved, Maloney helps

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I think Reynolds/Hodkinson have more of the "oval office factor" that's required to win those sorts of big games. Pearce has a habit of just disappearing sometimes.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Of course, Reynolds is now out for 6-8 weeks with a fractured arm so idk

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010
Josh Dugan out for a while too so that somewhat opens up the NSW fullback spot. A fit Tedesco (lol) or Moylan to take it now?

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Auditore posted:

Josh Dugan out for a while too so that somewhat opens up the NSW fullback spot. A fit Tedesco (lol) or Moylan to take it now?

Turd Furguson

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Abalone Malone posted:

Turd Furguson
He'll probably get a centre spot

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Who are the incumbent NSW centres? I think Walker gets a spot.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

Who are the incumbent NSW centres? I think Walker gets a spot.
Walker and Jennings

Turd Ferguson is 3rd in line if he keeps his form up and is allowed back in
Joey Leilua if he loses some weight as 4rd in line
Wighton isn't a centre anymore but he'd be 5th
Dugan is injured but could easily be a Centre
Josh and Brett Morris too

bowmore fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 10, 2015

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Dugan would expect to be first choice fullback when fit.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Morrises have one side of the field sewn up, so it's just a fight for the other one and the fullback spot. Tedesco is probably a year away at the moment...

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

Dugan would expect to be first choice fullback when fit.
Yeah

Unless one of the Morris boys goes massive guns this year or Matt Moylan

or dark horse Sione Mata'utia

Hopoate/Wighton are also there

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Wighton has played four games at fullback. He's not getting picked there for the Blues.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

Wighton has played four games at fullback. He's not getting picked there for the Blues.
Yeah maybe next year.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Michael Gordon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lacklustre Hero posted:

Michael Gordon
Not after Sunday night