Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

^ sent you a PM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tasty food
Apr 29, 2010
I'll take that sv650 book!

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

tasty food posted:

I'll take that sv650 book!

Already in talks with M42, sorry tasty!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

rotaryfun posted:

Any interest in a Haynes service manual for an SV650? Forgot to pass it off to the guy that bought my bike some time ago and just found it in garage.

$15 shipped?

Great, now he's going to be JB Welding his countershaft sprocket on.

Dutymode
Dec 31, 2008
Anyone want the fuel tank for a 1980-83 Goldwing? Free if you can pick it up in KC, otherwise it's yours if you pay for shipping.

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mpo/4906095178.html

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I've got a Pinlock insert for Shoei face shields: CW-1, CNS-1, CWR-1. I bought it, tried to install it, then realized I have the wrong shield (CWF-1). It's brand new, but I half took off the protective film on it.

$25 shipped anywhere in the US.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
I have a really excellent condition Kriega R25 pack I want to sell for $125 shipped.

I also have a decent condition Kriega US-20 dry sack and the tank mount to match for $120 shipped. The exterior is really nice, but the interior is stained from a bottle of Stabil ethanol mix that leaked in it, just cosmetic.

Also have a bunch of gear I could part with here: http://imgur.com/a/8RJDm#12 Feel free to make an offer if it catches your eyeball. The womans scorpion jacket and small Bell Revolver have been worn probs 5 times.

Located in Seattle.

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012

Mcqueen posted:

I have a really excellent condition Kriega R25 pack I want to sell for $125 shipped.

I also have a decent condition Kriega US-20 dry sack and the tank mount to match for $120 shipped. The exterior is really nice, but the interior is stained from a bottle of Stabil ethanol mix that leaked in it, just cosmetic.

Also have a bunch of gear I could part with here: http://imgur.com/a/8RJDm#12 Feel free to make an offer if it catches your eyeball. The womans scorpion jacket and small Bell Revolver have been worn probs 5 times.

Located in Seattle.

What size/make is the black and white textile jacket?

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
What size are the leather pants?

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!

Mcqueen posted:

Located in Seattle.

I'm interested in the bags and maybe the shark helmet? Can you gmail me (same username) so we can discuss it?

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

ChewedFood posted:

What size/make is the black and white textile jacket?

Medium Mens/Scorpion. Has Liner

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

Voltage posted:

What size are the leather pants?

Joe Rocket Size 36. I'm 6'2" 220 with a longish torso and they fit well. The red leather jacket and the pants zip together.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat

Also these things for sale. Fit the last gen Tuono. 70 for the front Vortex, 20 for the cheapo rear stand. Pick up in Seattle.

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012

Mcqueen posted:

Medium Mens/Scorpion. Has Liner

Oh it's just 'medium'? I'll have to try one on somewhere I guess. What size dress shirt do you wear? I'm a 16neck/35chest.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh, I don't know. It was my girlfriends. Shes like a...5'6"...normal sized person, usually wore a sweatshirt under it.

vwman18
Jul 30, 2005

bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong
Tourmaster Intake Air 3 mesh jacket for sale. Mens' size XL, it's the black/gray version. I think I used the liners once. The fabric shows a little pilling near the main zipper, and a small scuff on the right shoulder. Otherwise it's in great shape, recently laundered too! Selling because I got less fat and it no longer fits well. $100 shipped. Send email to my user name @ Google mail service.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tour-master-intake-air-3-jacket

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

rotaryfun posted:

I have an alpinestars black label ice jacket in white. Worn maybe a dozen times as it really is too small for me and I was trying to convince myself that it wasn't. It's size XL and I originally paid 315 for it.

Nothing at all wrong with it and it also has no scratches. Never been down.

Email is shoafer0 at gmail dot com if you want

So this is an item I put up for sale awhile ago. I still have it and would still like to get rid of it. Still can't wear it. Make me an offer. I'd just like it out of my coat closet. As far as fit, I have a 46 in chest and it's just too tight. Love the coat, just wish it fit better.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Uthor posted:

Joe Rocket jacket. Size 42. I wear size 16-16 1/2 shirts with 32"-34" long arms and this fits good over a t-shirt, but a little tight over a sweater. Comes with a quilted, removable vest for a bit of warmth and you can unzip panels in the arms/sides for some air flow. I find the panels let in some air even when they're zipped in, so it doesn't work too well in the cold. I have the padded back protector and elbow pads that came with the jacket. I replaced the shoulder pads with hard armor (I have the original padded shoulder pads). I also have hard armor for the elbows, but it is too big to fit in the pockets. If you wanted to try and trim the pads/modify the pockets, feel free. There's an 8" zipper and a 360 degree zipper to attach to pants. I have the mating 360 zipper to sew into a different brand of pants. $60 shipped?

Joe Rocket pants. Size 34. I wear size 32-33 jeans. These fit fine over boxers or a pair of shirts, good luck getting them on over a pair of jeans. Perforated all down the front and work great in warm weather, not at all if it's cool out. They have padded knee pads. The hard armor that I bought for the jacket elbows is supposed to also work as hard armor for the knees, but, again, the armor doesn't fit in the pockets. There's an 8" zipper and a 360 degree zipper to attach to a jacket. I have the mating 360 zipper to sew into a different brand of jacket. You can also stick wicked cool knee sliders on the front for throwing sparks when you get your knee down, if that's your thing. $60 shipped?

The jacket and pants zip together perfectly. I'll do both for $100 shipped.

If you don't want to pay for shipping, I'm Peoria, IL and head up to the Chicago area every few weeks. I can meet up anywhere between the two along 55, 39, 80, or 88 (Bloomington, Naperville, etc).

No Plat, but hit me up at turkosza at Google's email service.

I also still have these. I put them up for sale in the fall, maybe the nice weather will make someone want to buy the set off me.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Deeters posted:

I've got a Pinlock insert for Shoei face shields: CW-1, CNS-1, CWR-1. I bought it, tried to install it, then realized I have the wrong shield (CWF-1). It's brand new, but I half took off the protective film on it.

$25 shipped anywhere in the US.

I took some pictures of this in case someone actually has a helmet that it'll fit. I know the Qwest and RF-1100 use this size shield.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Koruthaiolos posted:

Just bought a new bike so I'm selling my Yamaha WR250X in the DC metro area. It's a 2008 with a little less than 16,000 miles on it, 8,000 of which I put on it since May of 2013. This bike has been awesome fun and I'm really sad I have to get rid of it, but I guess that's the cost of moving up. It's a great beginner bike, very forgiving and easy to ride. It's great in the city - you have fantastic visibility and the suspension absolutely soaks up bumps. It will handle the highway fine, though it gets pretty tiresome within about an hour.

This bike has been ultra reliable for me. I've used it as an every day commuter and road it through the winter down to 8 degree days and it never gave me the slightest problem starting. (I did drain the battery once leaving the key in and lights on, but it started fine on my first attempted bump start). I dropped it once at about 5-10 mph, the only damage was some scratches on the right bar end/handguard and right plastics.

I've ridden this on gravel, light dirt, every kind of pavement imaginable, through water, and it's handled everything great. I've enjoyed this bike immensely and really hope the next owner will love it as much as I have.

This is the only picture I have of it on my computer right now. I'm going to clean it up and take some better pics later this week before posting it other places. Wanted to give SA the first crack:

Here's the mods:

Installed by me:
Happy Trails side rack
Pro Moto rear rack
DRC Edge 2 tailight with integrated turn signals
Sweet T-Rex sticker

Installed by PO:
FMF exhaust (believe it's a Q4 but I'll have to double check)
FMF Powerbomb header
Dynojet Power Commander
Hand guards with integrated turn signals
Headlight modulator
All black plastics
Some kind of gripper seat covering
Alternate little mirrors on the inside of the handguards (the PO used only these, but I like the regular mirrors and have no idea how you could feel comfortable with just these, but they're there)
Sweet guitar handgrips

I have a box of a bunch of original parts, including the original blue and white plastics, header, seat cover, turn signals, and the hacked up rear fender/brake light assembly.

A also have a lower seat and an unused lowering link if the height is an issue. When I first got it I felt like I was about to fall down at every stop. I got the seat and link and only installed the seat. After about a month I was used to the height and switched back to the original seat and haven't looked back. I have an electronic copy of the service manual I can provide as well as a little battery adapter thing for the power commander so you can keep it powered while the bike is off (this is required to load new maps).

I've done all the maintenance on it, but that's only consisted of oil changes, chain and sprocket replacement, regular chain lubing, and the aforementioned modifications.

If you have any interest or questions PM me or feel free to email at jrich4yd [at] gmail.com

So I survived the winter without being required to sell this, but my wife's pushing me to actually list it now. Here's the craigslist ad with some additional pictures. PM me for a special goon price if interested.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/mcy/4933477465.html

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Koruthaiolos posted:

So I survived the winter without being required to sell this, but my wife's pushing me to actually list it now. Here's the craigslist ad with some additional pictures. PM me for a special goon price if interested.

You forgot to mention the aftermarket handlebar grips that have little electric guitars on them. Big selling point imo

Edit: dammit I can't read

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

Yeah, I even got a picture specifically of them!

E: the funny thing about them is that I think they're prob the most comfortable handgrips I've used.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Alpinestars Stella Jacket, in silver leather
Size L

Lightly worn, never been down, excellent condition.
Stock shoulder, elbow, and back armor.
Snug fit on a woman who usually wears large in shirts and other jackets. More of an operator fit than passenger. Fitted bust, not very large. Good fit on 5'8", ~150# woman.
Non-smoking home

PMs best.

Still got it. $200 OBO?

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Hey CA,

Buy my Alpinestars leather two piece suit. The Jacket has shoulder and elbow armor, and a removable cold weather liner. The pants have knee armor.

They're totally rad, have been worn less than 5 times, and are quite clean. I'll take $500 for the lot. gfhewitt (at) gmail dot com

The pants are size 32
The jacket is US 38 or EUR48

shacked up with Brenda fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Mar 21, 2015

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

I've posted this in SAmart already, but I'm looking to sell this.

My apologies for the original size of the photos.

Here is the craigslist ad:

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/mcy/4945357023.html
PM me or email at samykkel at gmail for more info.

Mykkel fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 25, 2015

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
It appears you've saved yourself some time and posted an image in 1:1 scale with the real life thing so the number of questions should be minimal.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

Baller Witness Bro posted:

It appears you've saved yourself some time and posted an image in 1:1 scale with the real life thing so the number of questions should be minimal.

I was wondering the exhaust length so I just went ahead and measured the screen. No more wondering for me!

ant mouth
Oct 28, 2007

Koruthaiolos posted:

If you ever want to sell the rear and side racks, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Alpinestars Tech Aero magnetic tank bag - $100 shipped

-Main compartment is expandable with a zipper
-GPS/phone window compartment with a headphone hole on top
-Sunglasses compartment at front
-Two side compartments
-Waterproof shroud that hides in zippered compartment
-Zips off of magnetic pad and turns into a backpack

PM me if interested.

Nitramster
Mar 10, 2006
THERE'S NO TIME!!!
I may have posted this a long time ago, but I took some recent pics and will be posting on craigslist locally too.

A* Sp-1 Jacket size 54/44 EU/US Used regularly from 2010 to 2012 then sparingly till 2014, still in good condition.
If anyone's interested I'll take some more pictures.
I'm 6 foot even and have gone from a 38 to a 44 suit and this jacket fit me well the entire time.
Never crashed or beat up.
Only selling it because I sold my red bike.
Here's a youtube description
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdSoITJeEzk

Some places still sell new for 250 so I'm thinking 150 shipped?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

TheScott2K posted:

Alpinestars Tech Aero magnetic tank bag - $100 shipped

-Main compartment is expandable with a zipper
-GPS/phone window compartment with a headphone hole on top
-Sunglasses compartment at front
-Two side compartments
-Waterproof shroud that hides in zippered compartment
-Zips off of magnetic pad and turns into a backpack

PM me if interested.

I'm interested, but I'm worried about the fit. I ride a kawasaki vulcan 500, and its tank looks like this

and I've never tried to use a tank bag before.

Can anyone comment on using a tank bag like this with a bike like mine (cruiser with speedometer on the tank)? Will it cover the spedometer?
The best info I can find right now is that this guy on revzilla uses the same bag with his Harley that has a speedo on the tank, so it seems like it'll probably be fine.

E: taking this question to the gear thread

alnilam fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Mar 30, 2015

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
After nearly three years I finally got around to sorting out the miscellany that came with my bike. In so doing, I found a manila envelope full of Suzuki decals for which I have no use. I adore my bike but I'm no Suzuki fanboy, although due to a weird and unintended coincidence my riding jacket (which I bought used, based on the size and price) just happens to be plastered with SUZUKI lettering and logos already.

The decals consist of:

2x SUZUKI Racing with flag logo
2x SUZUKI plain text, huge
1x SUZUKI with S logo, large
2x SUZUKI with S logo, slightly smaller
1x S logo, large
2x S logo, slightly smaller
6x incomprehensible kanji jibberish

$5, most of which will go toward a United States Postal Service(TM) Priority Flat Rate(R) Envelope , gets you everything you see pictured. I'm not going to separate them, so if you want any, you get them all. All are silver and seem to be in good shape, though some have slight deformations from being kept in a box with three dimensional objects.

PM me or email lord dot snobbington at gee mail dot com, thank you

PS--I have that same tank bag and it's awesome though I'd expect it to cover the speedo on any but a very large tank

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah I'll take that. Sending $7 to cover paypal and poo poo :tipshat:

Wait I assume you want paypal? Should I send a paypal to that email you listed?

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
Sent you a PM about it.

BTW I found out that the kanji spells out "Suzuki", unsurprisingly

Minkee
Dec 20, 2004

Fat Chicks Love Me

Uthor posted:

I also still have these. I put them up for sale in the fall, maybe the nice weather will make someone want to buy the set off me.

I'm interested. I'm emailing you now.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Duke's registration just came. Now included with purchase: One year free registration!

mainks
Jun 13, 2013

I'm moving in just over a month and would like to sell my 2001 SV650!

Located in central Iowa, shoot me a PM if interested.

edit: I'm also interested in buying something in the Bay Area in a month or two! Preferably something similar to the SV.

mainks fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Apr 8, 2015

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

mainks posted:

I'm moving in just over a month and would like to sell my 2001 SV650!

Located in central Iowa, shoot me a PM if interested.

edit: I'm also interested in buying something in the Bay Area in a month or two! Preferably something similar to the SV.

It would be cheaper to ride/ship your SV to the Bay.

Seriously.

mainks
Jun 13, 2013

While that may be true I am thinking about picking up a newer fuel injected model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid Boxes
Feb 9, 2004

good grief!
Bike sold!

Stupid Boxes fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Apr 15, 2015