Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Combo
Aug 19, 2003

tadashi posted:

Require pitchers to throw under-hand? Do softball pitchers have injuries like this?

About 10 years ago when I was playing softball the pitcher on the other team literally died on the mound. Pitched the first out of the 3rd inning and then just collapsed. He was only in his late 40s.

So, there's that I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

davecrazy posted:

The Mets have one lefty reliever on the roster, Josh Edgin.

MRI Tuesday. "Elbow discomfort".

Angels went most of last year with no lefties in the pen and did okay. Still RIP

I thought everyone was all over Matt Moore having the smoothest easy delivery with awesome mechanics and he needed tj so I don't know what to believe.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Diamondbacks were so keen on trading Max Scherzer because his delivery was considered violent and prone to injury.

It's something that needs to be studied more by MLB teams, I definitely agree with that part of the WSJ article.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

didn't mean it in a derogatory way, it was just his character on Always Sunny.

You should still kinda avoid it (especially when it's a reference to something people may not get) fyi :shobon:

e: vv Thanks! :)

Monicro fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Mar 11, 2015

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Monicro posted:

You should still kinda avoid it (especially when it's a reference to something people may not get) fyi :shobon:

noted, and I did edit it out. My bad. :shobon:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 11, 2015

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Read Jonah Keri's interview with Glenn Fleisig. The only solutions are good mechanics, don't overthrow, don't pitch fatigued, and don't pitch a lot when you're a kid.

Also no bunting drills.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Also congratulations to Dan Norris for being the Jays 4th starter, and having started 13 games above A ball.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
News: Cubs lineup hit three consecutive dingers against Trevor Bauer.

Views: I wasn't a believer, but the hype was real. He really IS the new Lincecum.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

and the three were soler, baez, and bryant :allears:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

Views: I wasn't a believer, but the hype was real. He really IS the new Lincecum.

Dominant for a half decade then became replacement level?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

MassaShowtime posted:

Dominant for a half decade then became replacement level?

Actually, the reason I phrased it as "he is the new Lincecum" is because it implies never having been the old one. :thejoke:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Craptacular! posted:

Speaking of prospects, Michael Taylor retired today (the one that got traded for Roy Halladay, not the Nationals guy).

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I mean, it would be great if Baez turns out to be awesome, but it would be only slightly less cool if he turned out to be a two true outcomes guy who strikes out 300 times a year and the only time he makes contact would be massive dingshots until he's forced to play in Japan and then hits the dinger equivalent of the width of Honshu.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
My boss's keeper league team as of 10/1/14 included Taveras, Darvish and Stroman. I'm now begging him to never trade for another Cardinal.

Tedd_Not_Ed
Feb 16, 2014

I've seen games go perfect for 12 innings all for naught. I've seen no-hitters pitched on illicit drugs. Homer streaks lasting eight games and 20 run losses. I've seen pennants won and seasons collapse. All these memories will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.

Time to die.
The Giants "Bleacher Creature" dolls have a slight problem

Possibly :nws:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
They have no genitals!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Aw yeah! :pervert:

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

N: in a spring training game today, Nick Hundley became the only the second MLB player to hit a homer off Kershaw's curveball

V: hail Hundley, RIP Kershaw.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Tedd_Not_Ed posted:

The Giants "Bleacher Creature" dolls have a slight problem

Possibly :nws:

Hunter Pence looks too much like an anatomically correct human being?

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Jose Bautista in a wig.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

will_colorado posted:

N: in a spring training game today, Nick Hundley became the only the second MLB player to hit a homer off Kershaw's curveball

*googles first*

Brandon Hicks??

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.

will_colorado posted:

Pastrymancy posted:

*googles first*

Brandon Hicks??

Don't you mean third?

http://m.mlb.com/video/v36770303/ladstl-gm4-adams-crushes-threerun-shot-for-lead/?c_id=mlb

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
That reminds me: I hate the Cardinals so much

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Walked posted:

Just looked at the box score on the Os/Yankees game.

0-0 tie with 1 hit each team. Awesome game, glad I didnt miss anything too interesting today :bravo:

That sounds loving badass and I think any real baseball fan would agree that twin 1-hitters through 9 innings is badass.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Walked posted:

Just looked at the box score on the Os/Yankees game.

0-0 tie with 1 hit each team. Awesome game, glad I didnt miss anything too interesting today :bravo:

Which game is this? The O's won today, 3-1, and had 9 hits to the Yankees' 6.

Crion
Sep 30, 2004
baseball.

Alain Post posted:

That sounds loving badass and I think any real baseball fan would agree that twin 1-hitters through 9 innings is badass.

Or it would have been, had the game not actually been 3-1 Baltimore, with the Orioles picking up 9 hits, the Yankees having 6, and the day's big news being how good Manny Machado looked on both sides of the ball. Not sure which alternate universe that post came from.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Pastrymancy posted:

*googles first*

Brandon Hicks??

That was for the like month and a half where he was a good player for the Giants. Those were the days.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Grozz Nuy posted:

That was for the like month and a half where he was a good player for the Giants. Those were the days.

Remember the 3 Brandons?! That was a thing. Then he got replaced by Dan Uggla.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I seem to remember a story about when Billy Martin was managing the Athletics in the early 80s, he'd threaten to bring in the bullpen to get his starters to pitch deeper into their games.

I'd like to imagine Dan Uggla fulfilling a similar role to that of said bullpen; You don't want to be the guy that can't play, forcing Dan Uggla to come in and play your position.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Spoeank posted:

Remember the 3 Brandons?! That was a thing. Then he got replaced by Dan Uggla.

He's back, since the Even Year Witchcraft seems to require a second baseman either stop hitting or get horribly injured.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Crion posted:

Or it would have been, had the game not actually been 3-1 Baltimore, with the Orioles picking up 9 hits, the Yankees having 6, and the day's big news being how good Manny Machado looked on both sides of the ball. Not sure which alternate universe that post came from.

Was there an O's/Yankees B game or something?

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Crion posted:

I am really confused then. Maybe I had an old tab of mlb.tv from a previous date up.

:psyduck: maybe I am going insane

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Walked posted:

I am really confused then. Maybe I had an old tab of mlb.tv from a previous date up.

:psyduck: maybe I am going insane

The offseason finally got to you. Just hold out a little while longer!

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
This quote, although technically accurate, was so simple and dumb:

"According to Matheny, Heyward hitting second ''gives us two three-hole hitters; one just gets up there before the other one.''

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
So the Cardinals have two 5th-best hitters? :v:

INSERT COIN
Sep 26, 2007

Crion posted:

It was a pitchers game for the most part and Manny did look really good. Resorting to a.m radio internet stream today since MASN or MASN2 won't broadcast the BAL vs. TOR game which is total crap, but whatever.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Harvey is pitching at the Marlins today.

vegeta dentata
Jun 16, 2011
Harvey is 0-1 with a 3.52 ERA in his 4 career starts against the Marlins, with the Mets having lost all 4 of the games.

:shrug:

WienerDog
Apr 8, 2007
Resident Rocking Dachshund

INSERT COIN posted:

It was a pitchers game for the most part and Manny did look really good. Resorting to a.m radio internet stream today since MASN or MASN2 won't broadcast the BAL vs. TOR game which is total crap, but whatever.

You can listen to spring games for free on MLB.tv (I think). But you should really have a premium subscription anyways, considering it only costs $30 bucks when you split it with goons and it's the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Dingleberry Jones posted:

This quote, although technically accurate, was so simple and dumb:

"According to Matheny, Heyward hitting second ''gives us two three-hole hitters; one just gets up there before the other one.''

Is he really gonna hit Heyward 2nd the whole season? I thought they were gonna toy around with him in spring putting him anywhere from 2-5. I feel like Wong would be the perfect fit for the 2-hole.

• Locked thread