Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

The "official" Reddit guild, <Reddit> is apparently Horde-side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine

boho posted:

Obligatory burned by Rebirth/Emerald Dream "JUST LIKE VANILLA" questions:

-Does the Z-axis work for Blink and Charge?
-Is mob pathing functional and sane?
-Do dungeon bosses have all their abilities? Do dungeon scripts work?
-What's the buggiest thing you've seen thusfar?
-Where's AV?

They have a bunch of youtube videos about their fixes for poo poo like charge and stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qHsxM4lz2E charge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPnlZIWjpWE AV,

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGzVAPgjP_vXWkBF4b9mAMw and a bunch of others.

At level 20 the biggest bugs I've seen is that the server crashes/restarts every couple hours but comes back within 30s and some elite mob quests with special spawn conditions don't spawn properly. Mob pathing is functional and the evade system works so poo poo doesn't spawn on top of you if it has no available path. The downside is that as a hunter your pet has vanilla AI and will pull everything trying to get to you if you jump off a ledge like in DM. From what I can tell just from DM, bosses have all their abilities.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 13, 2015

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

There's apparently 6000+ users on during peak time.

I'm not a server guy, but I'll excuse a couple crashes during the day if everything else is cool.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Oh you.. :>
Is there any point in having alchemy and tailoring on your main, as there is with engineering?

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Alchemy seems like it would make you some money if you have gerbalism.

Freedonkeys
Jan 7, 2010
There's a small handful of BoP tailoring/alchemy recipes, but none of it's anything to get too excited for.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Freedonkeys posted:

There's a small handful of BoP tailoring/alchemy recipes, but none of it's anything to get too excited for.

The transmutes is where the money was at pre BC. There was a recipe from a vendor in Scholomance that let you turn something easy to get into water or air which was one of the most needed essences. It made me a bucket load of cash.

As for tailor, mooncloth robes are very good and also need moonclooth (a transmute) so expect to pay gently caress loads for oneof those robes if you aren't a tailor.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
I would think herbs for flasks would be a big monkey maker.

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Freedonkeys posted:

Can I find this list somewhere? More importantly, are there any things that only the person using the profession can use as with the engineer?

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Phosphia posted:

Is there any point in having alchemy and tailoring on your main, as there is with engineering?

Truefaith vestments are arguably better than T2 chest for priests, and they're one of the very few pieces of BOP crafted gear. There are BOP tailoring robes for lock and mage too, but afaik they aren't as good.

Major Mana Potion recipe can be a pain to get hold of on a low level alt, since the easiest way to get one is to complete a scholo quest chain.

hit button fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 13, 2015

Phosphia
Jan 29, 2013

Not too worried then. I'll probably get to level it up sometime anyway.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Kevlar Beard posted:

There's apparently 6000+ users on during peak time.

I'm not a server guy, but I'll excuse a couple crashes during the day if everything else is cool.

Yeah, every time I get a hiccup I step back and thank goodness for a healthy population.

I am in a pubby guild (an officer) since the first couple days since launch. Not looking for heavy endgame raiding and will most likely focus on PvP. ESPECIALLY AV which as a strong selling point over the other emus, OLD AV with shredders and such.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Tai posted:

The transmutes is where the money was at pre BC. There was a recipe from a vendor in Scholomance that let you turn something easy to get into water or air which was one of the most needed essences. It made me a bucket load of cash.

I have been wondering if the recipe could be gotten via the old cheese: troll village apprentice voodoo guy makes you able to see ghosts, which allows you to see the scholo vendor that sells the transmute recipe.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Grale voted worst tank NA.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

ShadowMoo posted:

Grale voted worst tank NA.

Amen

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

I wish I didn't have to work so I could nolife my druid.

It's time to grind this weekend boys, maybe I'll get to level 20 before Monday!

Jonithen
Jul 23, 2008
I am the worst tank.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
That 5 hour DM ended with everyone giving up.

Edit: I still blame that lovely pally.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 14, 2015

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Level almost 10 warlock after five hours trip report:

-Newbie zones are a complete and utter clusterfuck. Blizzard's respawn time scaling algorithms don't appear to be in effect, leading to Everquest-style camping.
-NPC pets seem 2 or 3 times stronger than the NPC themselves. Since every vanilla server had this problem, was this just how 1.12 was?
-Occasional sound glitch, like clicking once resulting in hearing the entire NPC voice track (as if you kept clicking them over and over).
-Land-based underwater mobs (like crabs) are buggy and instantly drop into evade. Swimming mobs all seem way way way too fast.
-200+ pings for my midwestern/west coast friends have basically scared them off.

Admittedly many of those are nit-picky. When I'm not trying to fight three full groups for a level 5 scorpid it's 98% there. But god, 1-10 has been utterly agonizing with the current population burst.

Rearden
Nov 28, 2012

Losers
Average
Losers
You just have to roll with it in the beginning, it's going to take much longer than it should to get out of the starter zones. I found the whole process pretty funny though.. 20 people fighting over one mob spawn.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

boho posted:

Level almost 10 warlock after five hours trip report:

-Newbie zones are a complete and utter clusterfuck. Blizzard's respawn time scaling algorithms don't appear to be in effect, leading to Everquest-style camping.
-NPC pets seem 2 or 3 times stronger than the NPC themselves. Since every vanilla server had this problem, was this just how 1.12 was?
-Occasional sound glitch, like clicking once resulting in hearing the entire NPC voice track (as if you kept clicking them over and over).
-Land-based underwater mobs (like crabs) are buggy and instantly drop into evade. Swimming mobs all seem way way way too fast.
-200+ pings for my midwestern/west coast friends have basically scared them off.

Admittedly many of those are nit-picky. When I'm not trying to fight three full groups for a level 5 scorpid it's 98% there. But god, 1-10 has been utterly agonizing with the current population burst.

I think it probably took me 3-4 hours to get to level 10, but once you get out of your starting zone it gets better. God help you if you are Human though, good luck with that one.

Rearden
Nov 28, 2012

Losers
Average
Losers
They've calmed down a lot, when i first went through loch modan it was completely packed. Had no trouble doing quests tonight on an alt.

Califa
Feb 8, 2006

I have an alliance priest that I'm trying out so might be bugging for an invite. Edit: Looks like goons are moving over to horde, so might go there!

Califa fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 20, 2015

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is the server down currently? I've been trying to log in for a few minutes with no luck, and I can't find anything on their forum about maintenance schedules.

gco
May 8, 2007

gco deserves bunnies, too!

The Shortest Path posted:

Is the server down currently? I've been trying to log in for a few minutes with no luck, and I can't find anything on their forum about maintenance schedules.

quote:

1.[System Message]: The server will restart to apply some fixes.
This should also reduce the delay you may sometimes notice when casting spells.

2.[System Message]: The server is going to be quite unstable for up to 1 hour.

The server was flickering on and off for a good 20 minutes with constant rollbacks then I guess they decided to just shut the whole thing down. The whole thing started maybe 40 minutes ago.

e; Just came up then immediately went back down again. I'm going to be trying to get these last 2 kills and find my way to an inn for eternity.

gco fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 14, 2015

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Gotcha. I just got home from work so I didn't get to see any of that, thanks.

We should get some kind of recruitment thing going, like a banner ad. The guilds are pretty small at the moment and more goons means more fun.

EDIT: What the gently caress is a mangosteen?

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Mar 14, 2015

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE
I am in as Goonlord, level 3 dwarf warrior. We'll see how this goes. Already levelled on Horde too many times back in the day to want to do those zones again (great as Crossroads in vanilla WoW were)

Is it just me or is there more music in this old version of WoW than the new modern version? It seems like they gutted a lot of the music in the new WoW. Or at the very least made it play less often and have less depth to it.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
STM is basically a warzone with about 5 horde for every ally. GL getting quests done there. And is it just me or are hunters really loving bad for PVP? Hunters seem to be countered simply by running up and hugging them.

Edit: If you want in ally side, just do a /who razorfen downs syndrome and PM someone. I am usually on as Beastialia.

ShadowMoo fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Mar 14, 2015

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Stm was mostly a horde zone anyway and yes hunters are pretty lovely if some gets in close. Wing clip has a insane duration though but warriors with hamstring and rogues with poison are still your bane.

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
My flatmate got me playing on this and I'm having a lot of fun. Maybe I have just been lucky but I haven't encountered any bugs or experienced any random disconnects so far. I gave up on Emerald Dream and The Rebirth last year because of the drama and I gave up on Valkyrie because I couldn't find any English speaking players on Horde. Playing on this server feels completely different from any of those others.

Look how busy!!!

:jackbud:

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine

Tai posted:

Stm was mostly a horde zone anyway and yes hunters are pretty lovely if some gets in close. Wing clip has a insane duration though but warriors with hamstring and rogues with poison are still your bane.

And frost mages, and shamans with frost shock, and just about any class that has any chance of a slow.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

ShadowMoo posted:

And frost mages, and shamans with frost shock, and just about any class that has any chance of a slow.

Shamans aren't too much of any issue unless they get the jump on you. They have no way to close on you like warriors and rogues do. Frost shock is a pain but you can concussion shot them anyway so you both negate each other's slow. Mages aren't that bad anyway since in vanilla they are super squishy anyway.

ShockDawg 2L
Mar 4, 2011

I'll try to update the OP sometime this weekend. I'm in a pub guild on alliance currently with some friends

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
It's been awhile but does WoW allow player made channels? For the life of me I can't remember.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Yes. If it is an uncreated channel just type /join name password(if you want one) and it will make you the moderator. If it is a used channel /join name password(if there is one).

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Rearden posted:

You just have to roll with it in the beginning, it's going to take much longer than it should to get out of the starter zones. I found the whole process pretty funny though.. 20 people fighting over one mob spawn.

I've actually had a lot of luck spamming invites to folks in the vicinity. Yeah, you get a fraction of the XP and items, but you get it done a lot faster with less running.

Decided to shelf my mage and hunter and play something I've never tried before. So far I am enjoying the shaman.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

ShockDawg 2L posted:

I'll try to update the OP sometime this weekend. I'm in a pub guild on alliance currently with some friends

I'll try to find the specific quote, but it has been spoken of that AV will be the old style with SHredders, body part loot/quests, KORAK and such. Well worth mentioning in the OP. It will be something that vastly sets this server apart from the others. IMHO this cannot be overstated how awesome an old iteration of AV would be.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Maybe worth firing up a goon channel since there's a handful of people with RL friends in other guilds. Easier to get a group up etc

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Tai posted:

Maybe worth firing up a goon channel since there's a handful of people with RL friends in other guilds. Easier to get a group up etc

Can't agree more. Probably the best of ideas with us scattered amongst other guilds. Quick access to more bodies if need be. Really the only benefit to having all goons in one guild would be a goon bank, and guild banks are not a thing in 1.12, eh?

More I think about it, it would be a good drama reducer as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
I made a chat channel named Goonsquad pw: lljk

• Locked thread