Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007

Boxman posted:

I know what proc means, but where does the term come from? I'm guessing it's short for something but :confused:

Process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

http://www.wowwiki.com/Proc

It's a programming thing. It's from the extra process or procedure being called by the code when something triggers.

e:fb!

Vayra
Aug 3, 2007
I wanted a big red title but I'm getting a small white one instead.
I'm bad at League of Legends and want to become less bad, are there any specific video series/written guides that this thread would recommend that go more into detail about gameplay concepts/decisionmaking/things to work on than the usual "which runes/masteries/etc" mobafire-quality stuff that I can get from champion.gg anyway?

I'm in Silver III and played during season 1/2 so I'm not exactly a newbie, but I think I could use the help anyway~

saiyr
May 23, 2004

The Good Professor posted:

I'm bad at League of Legends and want to become less bad, are there any specific video series/written guides that this thread would recommend that go more into detail about gameplay concepts/decisionmaking/things to work on than the usual "which runes/masteries/etc" mobafire-quality stuff that I can get from champion.gg anyway?

I'm in Silver III and played during season 1/2 so I'm not exactly a newbie, but I think I could use the help anyway~

https://www.youtube.com/user/unswlolsoc/videos is pretty universally recommended.

RYang
Dec 5, 2012

Thanks, this helped a lot.

I play support and I'm trying to not be terrible at warding, but it seems like warding has changed a lot since the support guide here was made. It looks like pink wards were invisible, trinkets didn't exist, sightstones didn't exist, and the 3 ward limit didn't exist when this was made. Is there a more recent guide to How To Ward Good that's of similar quality?

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

RYang posted:

Thanks, this helped a lot.

I play support and I'm trying to not be terrible at warding, but it seems like warding has changed a lot since the support guide here was made. It looks like pink wards were invisible, trinkets didn't exist, sightstones didn't exist, and the 3 ward limit didn't exist when this was made. Is there a more recent guide to How To Ward Good that's of similar quality?

Yeah, here. https://youtube.com/watch?v=hi63v_RnnBs&feature=gp-n-o&google_comment_id=z12lcbh5isfpcha3e23qhdm53zuzh155j04 It's by a former pro jungler, covers all positions from both sides of the map, very in-depth.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

What do I need to know about playing Sion? I picked him up for the first time today and had a blast. I generally built full tank (sunfire -> frozen heart -> merc treads -> warmog -> spirit visage -> black cleaver at the end. The game went super long so I swapped my sunfire for a randuins for the last fight), with one late damage item. I got a little rocked by Garen early (gave up a few kills) because I don't know how to lane as Sion. I had a hard time hitting him with my e poke using minions. Should I be poking with e even if i can't shoot a minion at him?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Arcturas posted:

What do I need to know about playing Sion? I picked him up for the first time today and had a blast. I generally built full tank (sunfire -> frozen heart -> merc treads -> warmog -> spirit visage -> black cleaver at the end. The game went super long so I swapped my sunfire for a randuins for the last fight), with one late damage item. I got a little rocked by Garen early (gave up a few kills) because I don't know how to lane as Sion. I had a hard time hitting him with my e poke using minions. Should I be poking with e even if i can't shoot a minion at him?

First, if you're going to build a damage item you're better off doing it early (preferably first or not at all) rather then late. Also don't build Black Cleaver as his damage item. The stats are nice on Sion, but the passive is completely wasted because he won't get enough auto attacks in to stack it unless you're dead. Trading with E if you can't push a minion depends on if they're coming in to trade or just in range. E sets up his Q nicely with the slow and armor shred. If your opponent steps too close then activate your shield, hit him with an E and then knock him up with a Q and pop your shield and you should win most trades early on.

Generally how my matches play out is that I'll start Crystalline Flask + Health pots. Once you get more comfortable with matchups you can switch the health pots for mana pots or wards. If you're running teleport then start W and take the raptor camp at level one. You'll die, but as long as you put a ward in the river and don't give the enemy a chance to get a kill you can teleport to lane at level 2 with a million potions and bully your opponent for a long time if they didn't do a jungle start too. Otherwise I got E>W>Q and then max E>Q>W. Generally I like to build Tiamat first if I'm going even. Sion has the potential to be a bit of a bully early on, and with the AOE from Tiamat plus his E and Q there are a bunch of champs you can keep push under turret during laning. Just remember to ward up if you do so. After that I start building towards a defensive item with CDR on it, because Sion loves him some CDR. Glacial Shroud into Frozen Heart against AD, or Spirit Visage against AP. Don't be afraid to buy some HP early either, because Sion actually has some of the lowest base HP in the game. After finishing my first item I like Randuins, Sunfire and Thronmail equally against AD depending on your needs and against AP I'll build a Locket after the SV if it doesn't look like anyone else will. Otherwise a Banshee's Veil is alright, but keep on eye on an Abyssal Scepter. If the enemy team is heavy AP and your team has a serious AP threat then the MR shred is great. Warmog's is great for a late item given his passive. Boots are pretty open ended. He's immune to CC during his ult and you can get tenacity from the Elixer of Iron so you don't strictly need the tenacity from Merc Treads. You can still buy them if you need the MR, but you can also buy Ninja Tabi or Boots of Lucidity for the CDR.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I honestly wouldn't recommend building actual damage items on Sion. His base values are plenty high and you'll hit fairly hard even without damage items. Just farm up well enough and the base values of Q, E and Ult will deal a good deal of damage. The W scales off HP anyway so as long as you don't fall too far behind in farm, you'll be fine.

Poking the enemy with a no-minion E is generally not a good idea but you can use it to deter an enemy from trying to fight you or punish an attempted engage. Incidentally, did you notice that auto-attacking locks down a champion in a certain location for a small bit? Use this time to hit them with a minion if you're having trouble getting them.

Finally, get used to the ult. You have a surprising amount of control over it so get used to the turn rate. And remember, pressing R again will cancel the ult if you've passed the enemy.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Ok. I went Doran's shield first, which was probably a mistake. I'll go for flask instead. And I hadn't figured out the cheese. Tiamat/Hydra is a really good idea because of the AA reset. I just completely forgot it existed. Cleaver was just in the recommended items list (I know...).

So items I should be paying attention to:
Tiamat/Hydra (very optional, pure tank may be better)
Frozen Heart
Spirit Visage
Randuins
Sunfire
Thornmail
Warmog
Locket (maybe)
Abyssal/Banshee's

Merc/Tabi/Lucidity

Thanks guys. I'll give that a try. And I had no idea that you could cancel the ult with a second R. That's great to know. I didn't get good use out of it, even though it's lots of fun.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
What's the deal with being unable to buy certain items like armors when you already have armor? Is that because there are some imaginary limited body slots?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

lordfrikk posted:

What's the deal with being unable to buy certain items like armors when you already have armor? Is that because there are some imaginary limited body slots?

You're going to have to be more specific because that's not a thing in LoL

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Yeah, I'm quite baffled by that question too. I think the current restrictions are:
- no jungle items (hunter's machete and it's upgrades) if you don't have smite as a summoner spell
- no more than one support item (ancient coin/relic shield/spellthief's edge and their upgrades)
- you can only have one elixer active (so buying a new one will overwrite the previous one)
- no more than 5 potions of each type

For the rest you just have to be careful that you don't buy items multiple times if they have an unique passive, because those are unique for a reason. So... please clarify.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 15, 2015

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

lordfrikk posted:

you only have six socketable inventory slots, slot 4 (the one off to the right) is trinkets only. Otherwise you should be able to buy to your hearts content, although keep in mind that most passives are unique and so don't stack with multiples of the same item, or items that build off of that piece.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

lordfrikk posted:

This game started as a World of Warcraft mod, so there are still a lot of weird quirks in the system.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!

TheAnomaly posted:

you only have six socketable inventory slots, slot 4 (the one off to the right) is trinkets only.

Oh yeah, this is it. Quite silly of me not to notice that but I've only played about 10-20 games so far... It usually happened later on in the game when I wanted to buy more armor-type items on Rammus so that's why I thought of the slots. Cheers.

fake edit: I've only played against AI so far and I'm level 9, when is it OK to jump into regular PvP?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
there's people who hit 30 without playing 1 game against other humans

none of them are what you would consider good at this game but it's undeniable that it's what some people do and they enjoy doing it

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

lordfrikk posted:

fake edit: I've only played against AI so far and I'm level 9, when is it OK to jump into regular PvP?

Any time. After a few games of matches with players that are obviously not very new (secondary accounts or "smurfs") you should start getting matchmade with players who are just as green as you are. If you are level 9 you probably found your bearings and now it's time to spread those wings. You'll fail... a lot, but the path to victory is build upon the hills of defeat.

Never be ashamed of going back to the AI though. Having a more predictable opponent every once in a while can be just as good a learning tool as the real deal.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 15, 2015

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Arcturas posted:

Build a thornmail instead of a cleaver.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

NTT posted:

there's people who hit 30 without playing 1 game against other humans

none of them are what you would consider good at this game but it's undeniable that it's what some people do and they enjoy doing it

VortexCLMarksman aka Murdoch on the forums hardly ever played normals and went straight to mid/high silver sooooooooooo

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
my point stands

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
yes im :siren: rank shaming

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I love Sion because I played him yesterday and kept tossing minions at Teemo with his E, chunking down Teemo's health repeatedly so I could ult him away from his tower and then kill him with my other skills.

I really don't like Teemo so this means that I really like Sion.

Yay Sion.

Is Hydra viable on a Sion? I realize that he can deal a ton of damage in the laning phase without any damage items (since most of his early-game damage comes from his E anyways) but I feel iffy without any additional source of damage mid-to-late game. Which is also why I went IBG instead of Frozen Heart.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Is Hydra viable on a Sion? I realize that he can deal a ton of damage in the laning phase without any damage items (since most of his early-game damage comes from his E anyways) but I feel iffy without any additional source of damage mid-to-late game. Which is also why I went IBG instead of Frozen Heart.

Sion is useless for building damage because he's a clunky, slow champion with one telegraphed, unreliable mobility skill that has a global sound queue when you use it. You have no reliable way to stick to people or make them sit still to Q them on your own if you don't land a straight ult, let alone make use of an expensive AD item that requires you to auto attack to be useful. Hydra is the go-to DPS item for bruiser characters who want to make people pay attention to them because if they don't they'll kill somebody. Sion just wants to be disruptive, damage is irrelevant until you go into your passive and get a bunch of free damage for nothing. This is also a part of why Sion can have issues late game. Yes you'll be tanky, but why do they care if they have decent peel?

Sion's final build should be some variation on Ninja Tabis or Merc Treads for boots, and then Frozen Heart/Warmog's Armor/Banshee's Veil/Randiun's Omen/Thornmail or Locket of the Iron Solari. These items will vary depending on what kind of damage variation the other team is using (solo queue idiots like to pick all AD teams with something like a Zed/Yasuo/Talon mid) but in the end full tank is by far the best way to build Sion. He's too slow to make damage worth building on him since your ability to reliably auto attack people is limited. I say all this not to mean that Sion doesn't do any damage. Sion does a ton of damage! But building damage on him is rarely if ever worth it.

Edit: Frozen Heart is almost always better than Iceborn Gauntlet, but Iceborn Gauntlet can be a valid option after that against an all-AD team. Something like Tabis/Frozen Heart/Randiun's/Iceborn Gauntlet/Warmog's Armor/Thornmail would make you an unbelievably nasty piece of poo poo to deal with for a four AD champion team. Iceborn's Sheen passive would still be unreliable for you because it's an auto-based thing and it should be maybe your third or fourth item but it gives a bunch of armor and mana and Sion loves him some armor and mana.

Also with that build you can facetank inhib turrets, which is always a treat. :getin:

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 16, 2015

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

NTT posted:

yes im :siren: rank shaming

I mean you're not wrong but I always found it surprising that so many people with 200ish games v humans do worse in ranked than someone with a few hundred bot games.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I played like 400 bot games and around 50 against humans and started off in bronze 3. And you can place much higher if you wait until later in the season

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

I mostly played bot games as well because it seemed like the fastest way to get XP. In retrospect I really should have bought an XP boost.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've been playing mainly bots for like 4 years. The only time when I played more Normals than Bots is when League first began. That was back when everyone sucked poo poo at the game and Gangplank's E killed minions, making him the only League character with the ability to outright deny cs.

Also running poo poo like a Malphite with 2 Philsopher's Stones / 2 Hearts of Gold / Boots until you'd amassed enough gold to build everything at once was a fun way to play the game.

Lightning Knight posted:

Sion is useless for building damage because he's a clunky, slow champion with one telegraphed, unreliable mobility skill that has a global sound queue when you use it. You have no reliable way to stick to people or make them sit still to Q them on your own if you don't land a straight ult, let alone make use of an expensive AD item that requires you to auto attack to be useful. Hydra is the go-to DPS item for bruiser characters who want to make people pay attention to them because if they don't they'll kill somebody. Sion just wants to be disruptive, damage is irrelevant until you go into your passive and get a bunch of free damage for nothing. This is also a part of why Sion can have issues late game. Yes you'll be tanky, but why do they care if they have decent peel?

Sion's final build should be some variation on Ninja Tabis or Merc Treads for boots, and then Frozen Heart/Warmog's Armor/Banshee's Veil/Randiun's Omen/Thornmail or Locket of the Iron Solari. These items will vary depending on what kind of damage variation the other team is using (solo queue idiots like to pick all AD teams with something like a Zed/Yasuo/Talon mid) but in the end full tank is by far the best way to build Sion. He's too slow to make damage worth building on him since your ability to reliably auto attack people is limited. I say all this not to mean that Sion doesn't do any damage. Sion does a ton of damage! But building damage on him is rarely if ever worth it.

Edit: Frozen Heart is almost always better than Iceborn Gauntlet, but Iceborn Gauntlet can be a valid option after that against an all-AD team. Something like Tabis/Frozen Heart/Randiun's/Iceborn Gauntlet/Warmog's Armor/Thornmail would make you an unbelievably nasty piece of poo poo to deal with for a four AD champion team. Iceborn's Sheen passive would still be unreliable for you because it's an auto-based thing and it should be maybe your third or fourth item but it gives a bunch of armor and mana and Sion loves him some armor and mana.

Also with that build you can facetank inhib turrets, which is always a treat. :getin:

Thanks for the writeup.

Yeah, an inability to get to enemy ADCs was why I kept dying to loving Vayne and then being unable to chase after anything after my passive activated.

I built a Sunfire Cape as my second item, after Banshee's, but I guess I should have built Frozen Heart or Thornmail given that Sunfire's aura doesn't really do much damage and because Sion gets a ton of health from his W anyways. I also went with Treads instead of Tabi's cause I was laning against a Teemo and because I figured Tenacity trumped auto attack damage reduction. Though thinking about it now, the enemy team didn't really have much in terms of hard CC so that was pretty useless.

What should Sion be doing in the late game? Early game, his damage his high enough so that just tossing Es around is enough to do a ton of damage but late game that starts to go down. I generally find myself using ult to engage / get enemies off a teammate getting ganked, toss a Q regardless of whether I hit my ult or not, and then throw down a W and an E before being unable to walk to anything. I found myself unable to splitpush because I was constantly worried that my teammates would get into a fight and die while I was away cause none of them were built tanky, which let Teemo push the poo poo outta towers late-game and make up for all that farm I deprived him of. He was still weak as poo poo in team fights and pretty much had no presence, but I hated losing towers while my team was just going back and forth in mid waiting for a team fight that rarely happened.

EDIT: Also, why do most people suggest Spirit over Banshee's? Is it cause of the CDR? Sion doesn't have innate healing, so I don't see how the passive is gonna help Sion that much.

ZepiaEltnamOberon fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 16, 2015

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

EDIT: Also, why do most people suggest Spirit over Banshee's? Is it cause of the CDR? Sion doesn't have innate healing, so I don't see how the passive is gonna help Sion that much.
It also works for the passive regen everyone has. Since it already increases that, it supplies a pretty good amount of regen. If you DO opt for a damage item on Sion, it's probably a Hydra, which has synergy with it as well.

Basically, banshees is better for people who will die in one rotation of spells and can't get caught, whereas a tank would benefit more from a more sustained regen. Especially because the banshee's shield can be a big "DON'T HIT ME WITH SPELLS ITS A WASTE" sign and they'll just ignore you. You wanna be rubbing your face into the enemy team and make them focus on you.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
As nice as being unkillable is, it's not really valuable if you can be ignored

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

So how's Trundle doing in this new world of obnoxiously tanky junglers?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
If you do go for a damage item on Sion I haven't found it necessary to upgrade from Tiamat to Ravenous Hydra until you've finished all of your other items. He doesn't get a ton from the Life Steal, and 1400 gold for the 25 extra AD is a steep price to pay when that could get you a Spectre's Cowl or a Glacial Shroud (with 450 left over).

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Partially CDR< and partially because Banshee's spell shield can be a giant "don't target me" on a character already in danger of being ignored. I usually grab a BotRK on him because the speed steal is super useful for staying on people, and the lifesteal+Bonus Healing from visage makes him ludicrous when his passive goes off. The real thing about Sion is how disruptive he can be, and I find BotRK helps that immensely.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Arcturas posted:

Frozen Heart is a good first item, assuming you're against AD from what I've seen and heard. But yeah, Sion works best by just getting beefy as gently caress, having a lot of CDR, and ramming face first into the other team non stop.

Laning is a lot of harassing with E. Sion trades are positively brutal. Try to trade with E -> shield -> Q -> BOOM. If somebody tries to go in on you shield's up and then plaf before it goes down. It's a lot of back and forth and dancing, really. Work on hitting things with E. You kind of need to in lane.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Yeah, I'm starting to get a hang of Sion now. Just being tanky and disruptive is so satisfying. I'm still not sure exactly when I should be peeling for our backline (E to slow their divers, Q to knock them up to give our AD and mid time to back off a bit) and when I should be trying to get into their backline. Obviously if I use my ult to initiate well, then I'm often in the middle of their team and a Q will catch a few folks. But it's a hard balancing act.

I've also been picking up Annie when I have to go mid. Any advice on her? Luden's seems stupid good but I don't know where to fit it into my build. I've typically been going RoA -> Cap -> Void, with boots 2 sometime in there, distortion sometime around three items as well. Fourth item Ludens seems super late. Plus I'd like to pick up Morellos for the CDR, but that seems to be something I'd want instead of RoA (both give mana?). Plus I'd like to slot in either Athenes or Zhonyas if I'm losing lane and need some more tank against their mid, but again, both of those seem like they're something I slot in instead of RoA because they're so tanky. What should I be doing?

EDIT: Ok, after looking at the main thread from late last week, I should be going something like: (Morello/RoA) -> Cap -> Void -> Luden's -> (Zhonya's/something with MR), with boots 2 and distortion in there when I have gold? (probably boots 2 around the time I finish the cap, distortion around when I'm finishing void?)

Arcturas fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 17, 2015

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Is there an easy way to find replays from tournaments or championships by hero? I'd like to see an experienced player play Warwick but I'm kind of lost as to where to start looking. That is if he is even played by good players. If he isn't really played at the top level I'd like to see replays of other heroes who excel at jungling.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

lordfrikk posted:

Is there an easy way to find replays from tournaments or championships by hero? I'd like to see an experienced player play Warwick but I'm kind of lost as to where to start looking. That is if he is even played by good players. If he isn't really played at the top level I'd like to see replays of other heroes who excel at jungling.

I'm unaware of any way to find pro replays by hero, but even if there is you may not find what you need. The meta at the pro level is pretty strict and unforgiving for champions who are even slightly under powered, and only about 40 champs are really viable at any time. Warwick, for instance, is basically non existent in the pro game. He was played for a couple of game at the IEM tournaments in the preseason, but outside of that he doesn't see any real play. The best thing to do would just be to look up the top teams in each region and watch some of their replays just to get a general sense of what the best players do, or you can try finding replays of solo queue games of high ranked players playing a specific champ on youtube. Looking through the play history of champs at Pro Builds should give you some idea of where to look, and a place to start as far as item builds, rune and masteries.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

you stupid fuck!
Thanks. I've kind of realized he probably isn't played in the pro tier after scouring various forums a bit. I'm still looking for a champion that would fit me and while the free champion rotation definitely helps I'm usually more interested in (but not necessarily good with) more complicated ones with interesting mechanics like Syndra or Yasuo. Too bad you can't at least try out all the champions in a 1vs1 practice mode vs AI or something. With the number of heroes that exist waiting for some will probably take months.

So which heroes are currently considered to be good at jungling AND are considered not lovely? Nunu, Olaf?

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

lordfrikk posted:

Thanks. I've kind of realized he probably isn't played in the pro tier after scouring various forums a bit. I'm still looking for a champion that would fit me and while the free champion rotation definitely helps I'm usually more interested in (but not necessarily good with) more complicated ones with interesting mechanics like Syndra or Yasuo. Too bad you can't at least try out all the champions in a 1vs1 practice mode vs AI or something. With the number of heroes that exist waiting for some will probably take months.

So which heroes are currently considered to be good at jungling AND are considered not lovely? Nunu, Olaf?

Warwick is still ok but he's kind of the opposite of having 'interesting mechanics'. Here's the top junglers in mid-high ELO soloq play right now: http://champion.gg/statistics/#?sortBy=general.winPercent&order=descend&roleSort=Jungle

Tank junglers are incredibly strong right now. Sion and Sejuani are basically broken levels of strong (Sion in toplane too, not just Jungle). Volibear and Skarner have fairly simple mechanics and are can just run out of the jungle and beat people to death. Shaco (who is not a tank jungler) will make your opponents incredibly angry and lead to them verbally abusing you and their teammates in all chat. Fizz is more mechanically demanding than most and quite strong. Nidalee does more damage than any jungler has any right to do. Vi/Rek'sai are really strong through most phases of the game and have very strong ganks, but have fairly high banrates (Vi especially).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The jungle is a never-ending carrousel of buffs and nerfs, which means that junglers constantly rotate in and out. Right now junglers who build tanky are favored while Vi and Jarvan IV are slowly falling from grace. champion.gg is a site that creates stats based upon matches in the upper tier of ranked games, but it should give you an idea of the state of the jungle: http://champion.gg/statistics/#?sortBy=general.winPercent&order=descend&roleSort=Jungle
e;f,b on the link

Just keep some perspective. Just because the platinum players don't have a favorable win-rate doesn't mean you can't make something work. All of this data is also subject to change. Sejuani already has some nerfs in testing on the Public Beta Enviroment so expect that win-rate to take a hit. Definitely be cautious about buying a new champ to jungle with when they're the flavor of the month.

As for the champions you mentioned: Olaf is not a bad jungler to start out with since he has sustain, a quick clear and straight-forward ganks but he isn't in a good spot right now. I feel that could pick Xin Zhao instead and he would do most things that Olaf does but better. Nunu is in a good spot right now.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Mar 22, 2015

• Locked thread