Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I live right next to downtown Portland. Im gonna stay here for another year and then go somewhere else maybe.

Im not into the suburbs. Theyre expensive and require you to own a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Good. Boring people need to be ghettoed in the suburbs so the rest of us can pretend you're just a myth.

Hmmmmmm what is interesting about you, OP?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ein cooler Typ posted:

do cityfolk literally think scary minorities is a thing to be desired

Yes.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Foid One posted:

He's a pansexual demiqueer otherkin who can't work due to severe fibromyalgia. The grouphome happens to be in the City

Dangit Ronpaul
May 12, 2009
surprised at how many people itt have brought up working on cars as a reason to move to the suburbs

if you're really trying to sell people on it you should probably come at them with something a bit more compelling than "guess what, you can now do this thing most people who can afford it pay somebody else to do because it's a poo poo job"

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Dangit Ronpaul posted:

surprised at how many people itt have brought up working on cars as a reason to move to the suburbs

if you're really trying to sell people on it you should probably come at them with something a bit more compelling than "guess what, you can now do this thing most people who can afford it pay somebody else to do because it's a poo poo job"

Shut up retard. I have a project truck that I like to work on. I also have two new cars that I drive regularly and maintain, because I'm not a giant goon-babby. If I lived in the City, I'd probably need to go stand in line for a permit to own more than one vehicle, and pay some out of state landlord and extra $300 a month to actually have somewhere to park it, wherein it turns into a crash pad for winos and prostitutes

edit: would also like to point out, not trying to sell people on anything. If you live in a city now, you should absolutely, positively stay there, forever

Pauline Kael fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 16, 2015

Foid One
Mar 2, 2015

by Ralp

Dangit Ronpaul posted:

LOL

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Pauline Kael posted:

Shut up retard. I have a project truck that I like to work on. I also have two new cars that I drive regularly and maintain, because I'm not a giant goon-babby. If I lived in the City, I'd probably need to go stand in line for a permit to own more than one vehicle, and pay some out of state landlord and extra $300 a month to actually have somewhere to park it, wherein it turns into a crash pad for winos and prostitutes

whoa!!! owned!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pauline Kael posted:

We understand that you've watched Seinfeld and have opinions.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Foid One posted:

You're the OP, OP.

PTSDeedly Do
Nov 24, 2014

VOID-DOME LOSER 2020

in the suburbs i

i learned to drive

and you told me we'd never survive

Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
the suburbs loving sucks, sorry op. it's boring and you have to drive to go anywhere.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
The town next to mine had a plan to blow up their bridge in case the minorities swarmed out of Chicago during the MLK Riots in '68.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I have lived both in and outside of cities and have eventually decided that I prefer to not live in cities. Is that OK with goons? :ohdear:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Dangit Ronpaul posted:

One of my neighbors works on his car all the time and he lives in the city.

Dangit Ronpaul
May 12, 2009

Three Olives posted:

One of my neighbors works on his car all the time and he lives in the city.

so did you call the HOA and complain or what

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Skeleton Ape posted:

I have lived both in and outside of cities and have eventually decided that I prefer to not live in cities. Is that OK with goons? :ohdear:

Do you mean a small town or the wilderness or a boat? Otherwise no.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Dangit Ronpaul posted:

so did you call the HOA and complain or what

No I only do that about kids at the pool.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
I'm just going to repost this:

caberham posted:

It's a parody on real estate commercials. But people do live like this, and it's almost the most expensive square footage in the whole wide loving world

average size is 30 sqf per person and expect to pay 700 USD a month

more pictures

http://photoblog.hk/wordpress/38145...%8A%8F%E6%88%BF

Suburbia and backyards are just luxuries :smith: Yeah, there's always stuff to do, different restaurants to try, and things to see in the cities. But it's the lack of personal space and privacy which makes everyone go out all the time because our houses are loving small.

Man, I miss having a nice backyard and having some BBQ with a yard. Nowadays I need a penthouse with a big balcony to make that happen

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

caberham posted:

I'm just going to repost this:

Suburbia and backyards are just luxuries :smith: Yeah, there's always stuff to do, different restaurants to try, and things to see in the cities. But it's the lack of personal space and privacy which makes everyone go out all the time because our houses are loving small.

Man, I miss having a nice backyard and having some BBQ with a yard. Nowadays I need a penthouse with a big balcony to make that happen

It's not the penthouse, but you might consider being gay married to Three Olives, he has a very nice condo in one of the worst cities in America

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Do you mean a small town or the wilderness or a boat? Otherwise no.

From Chicago to rural Montana

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Skeleton Ape posted:

Totes buddy! You do you! :dance:

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Make sure you have a nosey HOA where you get dozens of courtesy notices.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Hey Bob! whatcha doing this weekend?

Mowing.

Morning Bob. Wow that grass is growing back quick? What fertilizer do you use?

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Hey goons, how come housing projects are failures in USA? They work in Singapore and Hong Kong

Pauline Kael posted:

It's not the penthouse, but you might consider being gay married to Three Olives, he has a very nice condo in one of the worst cities in America

600 square feet condo is already middle class standards for a family of 5. Too big of a luxury so I'm going to feel guilty.

He's going to sign a pre-nup so marriage wont work. Tell me which city is the worst city in America.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.
Yes, the suburbs rule, I would much rather give up the convenience and excitement of living in an urban center to buy a McMansion with a bunch of rooms I don't need stuffed with poo poo that I never use, a yard for "gardening" (aka a carefully manicured lawn) and a garage because nobody can ever find parking in the city amirite. My life will be driving 20mins to the nearest grocery store and maybe trying that new Italian restaurant that opened up the next town over once I can build my finances back up from those roof repairs that we had to make last year.

This. Is. Living.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Skeleton Ape posted:

From Chicago to rural Montana

Rural is fine. It's nice there. Quiet, green, animals and good wholesome people.

Not the suburbs though.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
suburbs are so awful i have to drive anywhere to entertain myself

e obv work in progress

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Devil Wears Wings posted:

Yes, the suburbs rule, I would much rather give up the convenience and excitement of living in an urban center to buy a McMansion with a bunch of rooms I don't need stuffed with poo poo that I never use, a yard for "gardening" (aka a carefully manicured lawn) and a garage because nobody can ever find parking in the city amirite. My life will be driving 20mins to the nearest grocery store and maybe trying that new Italian restaurant that opened up the next town over once I can build my finances back up from those roof repairs that we had to make last year.

This. Is. Living.

It sounds like you're bad at understanding things, best that you stick to the city and not have to operate a power mower

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Knyteguy posted:

e obv work in progress

If you lived somewhere else you wouldn't be bored enough to try to turn a garage into some kind of adolescent wish fulfillment room.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
burn cities to the ground and kill every man woman and child within them

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Right next to a metro stop. Fiber internet. Cheap electricity. Heart of the city!

It's like the best way to deal with obesity.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

caberham posted:

Hey goons, how come housing projects are failures in USA? They work in Singapore and Hong Kong

600 square feet condo is already middle class standards for a family of 5. Too big of a luxury so I'm going to feel guilty.

He's going to sign a pre-nup so marriage wont work. Tell me which city is the worst city in America.

I think he lives in Dallas? Or is it Houston. I like Houston marginally more than Dallas. I have to travel to Dallas for work with some regularity, the worst dystopian badly planned urban aggregation this side of Lagos.

I also work in NYC, which is a lot better, but sure am glad to see it in the rear view as I take the Amtrak upstate at the end of the day

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

If you lived somewhere else you wouldn't be bored enough to try to turn a garage into some kind of adolescent wish fulfillment room.

playing music with my family is hyper adolescent lol you guys

so is working out and being able to entertain guests without waking up the baby

so childish

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

caberham posted:

Right next to a metro stop. Fiber internet. Cheap electricity. Heart of the city!

It's like the best way to deal with obesity.

Aww I want the old one! Look he likes me!

He's a rescue Asian:smug:

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Knyteguy posted:

e obv work in progress

what is so good about armoires and rafters? :confused:

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Right, he should be like you and have a filthy cum encrusted work station in a 8x6 room where he spends all day long while waiting for his disability insurance check to come. That's obviously the Right Way.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Pauline Kael posted:

I think he lives in Dallas? Or is it Houston. I like Houston marginally more than Dallas. I have to travel to Dallas for work with some regularity, the worst dystopian badly planned urban aggregation this side of Lagos.

Haven't been, my cousin is from Fort Worth, but his family has to drive 1 hour each way just for some freaking dim sum. And it's not even good.

quote:

I also work in NYC, which is a lot better, but sure am glad to see it in the rear view as I take the Amtrak upstate at the end of the day

America needs an HSR already aiya.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

what is so good about armoires and rafters? :confused:

have you tried playing the drums in the city?

plus the armoires are ok i guess they were there when we moved in they're hand made at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Knyteguy posted:

playing music with my family is hyper adolescent lol you guys

so is working out and being able to entertain guests without waking up the baby

so childish

Jealous haters because they have to spend their entire section 8 check just to share a 800 sq foot apartment with 2 others, less space than you have for hobbies.

• Locked thread