Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Crash Fistfight posted:

Am I too late to pop in and say I will be taking paid time off work to both play this game AND do a decent amount of drugs? Maybe even AT THE SAME TIME!!

The drugs and PTO crew really needs their own code word cause it sounds like a lot of people really hate our choices in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm playing Blooborne on PCP.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Gann Jerrod posted:

Let's mix together password chat with vacation debate and make the SA password LASERTAG.

This is perfect

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

sector_corrector posted:

If the thread is this loving unbearable before the game even launches, I can't even imagine it once people have actual content to act smug and superior about.

im going to invade u

e: I am in favor of LASERTAG. also if any game needed torches it's Demon's Souls. holy hell.

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

Sharzak posted:

It's seriously crazy to me. You live on a planet with waterfalls and rivers and laser tag and Orange County and MDMA.

What is so great about Orange County? :confused:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
For anyone who wants to laugh at failure, I plan to assemble 30 people on the day to try and play the games as a group, and upload the best bits.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Looking for something to do while waiting for Bloodborne to come out? Try checking this page out

https://www.change.org/p/from-software-release-bloodborne-for-the-personalized-computing-platform

for a massive salt mine of dumb nerds mad about it being a ps4 exclusive

quote:

If you are making a 'real game for real game lovers', then release it on all platforms so all the game lovers can enjoy it.

Or are you simply lying about that and making a game that will help Sony with its greedy tactics that are practically forcing to buy a whole loving console in order to play a single game.

quote:

I consider the Souls games one of the best created and Bloodborne would probably surpass even that. This is a game that every true game lover should have a chance to immerse himself into, no matter what platform he owns. It is completely unfair otherwise.

quote:

Exclusives are 100% anti-consumer. There is NO rationalization for releasing on only one console.

quote:

The souls series is the best game series EVER! The says would be insane if put on steam. Come on! Why do developers hate money? Are the 10 million people on steam not good enough for you? Even if only 1/50th bough the game that's 200,000 copies.. at 50-60 each that's 10,000,000 to 120,000,000 dollars.

quote:

Sometimes, it's better to get community love, than money of Sony, because also, you'll get a lot of money releasing it everywhere, and not just on PS4, so please, FromSoftware, if you would like to keep your fans on your games, all your fans on them, please, give us the game on PC, and also, to other platforms, so everyone can enjoy it.

comma,comma,comma,comma

quote:

BLOODBORNE!!!!!! Я НЕ МОГУ ИНАЧЕ!!!

I don't even know what the last one is saying but random Russian(?) dude made me laugh.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Genocyber posted:

I don't even know what the last one is saying but random Russian(?) dude made me laugh.
Google Translate says "I can't help it"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Genocyber posted:

Looking for something to do while waiting for Bloodborne to come out? Try checking this page out

https://www.change.org/p/from-software-release-bloodborne-for-the-personalized-computing-platform

for a massive salt mine of dumb nerds mad about it being a ps4 exclusive

comma,comma,comma,comma

Is that what Change.org is for now?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hey guys while we're at it wanna join me for a rousing game of reading Youtube comments? I know what you're thinking, and you're right it is a great idea.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Pablo Gigante posted:

Google Translate says "I can't help it"

I would have used Google translate, but I've gotten so many wonky translations from it I usually don't bother unless I'm looking to have a laugh, which is already covered in this case.

Nearly every one of those comments is gold, it's fantastic.

Augus posted:

Hey guys while we're at it wanna join me for a rousing game of reading Youtube comments? I know what you're thinking, and you're right it is a great idea.

Nah, these are better. These are all readable and the people writing them seem to have put some effort into them. That + their (presumably real) names being on it just makes it for me.

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening

Gann Jerrod posted:

Let's mix together password chat with vacation debate and make the SA password LASERTAG.

Ayup

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Also I agree with this.

e: for those concerned with lack of environmental variety, these screenshots may alleviate your fears somewhat (also the last four are of two weapons, guns)

http://imgur.com/a/aV7Hi

Genocyber fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 18, 2015

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Gann Jerrod posted:

This is going to be an inside joke that no one else will ever get but it's a pretty unique and good choice anyway, y'all should definitely not forget LASERTAG.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

poptart_fairy posted:

Yeah, I think my main concern is what other stuff I'd be using it for - other than BB there aren't any PS exclusive games I can think of from the top of my head. The game looks fantastic, but £350 worth of fantastic? Eeeeeeh.

Persona 5

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Gonna be on PS3 too. Probably won't look as good, but still.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
You could also just wait a year and a half on the PS4 to have a bigger library and be cheaper, or to see if ends up being a timed exclusive. If the game's as good as everybody expects it'll still be that good a couple years from now and if Dark Souls (the game where they got the multiplayer right) is any indication will still have active invaders and stuff too.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zombies' Downfall posted:

You could also just wait a year and a half on the PS4 to have a bigger library and be cheaper, or to see if ends up being a timed exclusive. If the game's as good as everybody expects it'll still be that good a couple years from now and if Dark Souls (the game where they got the multiplayer right) is any indication will still have active invaders and stuff too.

Have people really not stated it enough yet? Bloodborne will NEVER come to other consoles/pc.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Nerds can't wait.

RatHat posted:

Have people really not stated it enough yet? Bloodborne will NEVER come to other consoles/pc.

I mean I kinda want it to. But I sure as hell know it's never going to.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I realize it's ridiculously unlikely, but it's not like Sony doesn't publish PC games right? I think anyone would be dumb to get their hopes up, but it's not technically impossible I would think? Probably about about as likely as Uncharted or TLOU coming to PC though, which is to say not at all.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

NESguerilla posted:

I realize it's ridiculously unlikely, but it's not like Sony doesn't publish PC games right? I think anyone would be dumb to get their hopes up, but it's not technically impossible I would think? Probably about about as likely as Uncharted or TLOU coming to PC though, which is to say not at all.

Or Demon's Souls

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Caved and read every weapon description. We need to form our own Powder Kegs chapter/firing line and blow the waves of Healing Church hunters into smoke.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

NESguerilla posted:

I realize it's ridiculously unlikely, but it's not like Sony doesn't publish PC games right?

I mean... it's exactly like that though? What PC games has Sony ever published?

Edit: Oh, I forgot Everquest. That was at a point when an MMO on a console wasn't very viable though. Has there been anything outside of that though?

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 18, 2015

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Bugblatter posted:

I mean... it's exactly like that though? What PC games has Sony ever published?

Edit: Oh, I forgot Everquest. That was at a point when an MMO on a console wasn't very viable though. Has there been anything outside of that though?

Aren't they doing that H1Z1 game too, though they renamed that division Daybreak Game Company I think.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
SoE and Sony What Does Real Videogames barely had (they god bought out just recently) anything to do with each other, just like every other part of Sony.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Genocyber posted:

Also I agree with this.

e: for those concerned with lack of environmental variety, these screenshots may alleviate your fears somewhat (also the last four are of two weapons, guns)

http://imgur.com/a/aV7Hi

Welp, that answers that one goon's question about Rifles

DrakePegasus posted:

Caved and read every weapon description. We need to form our own Powder Kegs chapter/firing line and blow the waves of Healing Church hunters into smoke.

Please loving tell me The powder kegs are a covenant :black101: (More likely not, probably just lore stuff but a man can dream)

HnK416
Apr 26, 2008

Hot diggity damn!

That's...unsettling. :stare:

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

HnK416 posted:

I'm down for a "Battle all sorts of terrible mythical creatures from different eras and cultures"

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

HnK416 posted:

That's my sword there. No one is else take it, it's mine.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Will the Day 1 patch be included in the digital preload or will it come when PSN updates later that day?

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

HnK416 posted:

That is all I want video games, snake headed monster-monks. Was that so hard?

NESguerilla posted:

I'm playing Blooborne on ICP.

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003
My friends and I are having an honest to god release party for this game. Haven't done anything like this in years. Will be a good time.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
dang, first werewolves now Ganados, this game's gonna fuckin rule

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

I'm playing Blooborne on ICP.

jesus christ dude slow down you're gonna die

J Bjelke-Postersen
Sep 16, 2007

I have a 6 point plan to stop the boats.....or turn them around or something....No wait what were those points again....Are there really 6?
Two weeks paid leave a year lol. That is barbaric.

I will definitely take one of my 32 annual leave days for a game like Bloodborne.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

NESguerilla posted:

Hit me up for some co-op, my PSN name is the sound that a whale makes.

edit: Unlimited PTO checking in. Suckers.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Given all these screenshots coming out, do we know yet what Arcane and Bloodtinge do? Do they just boost different types of weapon damage and/or serve as weapon requirements?

J Bjelke-Postersen posted:

Two weeks paid leave a year lol. That is barbaric.

That's all I get (not counting sick time). After I've been here for like two years it goes up to three weeks. :toot:

Crash Fistfight
Mar 29, 2007

First now I understood the true complexity of women.

SLOSifl posted:

edit: Unlimited PTO checking in. Suckers.

Sweet code word for being on the dole.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

What jobs give the most PTO (Paid Time Off)? I am 16 y/o and I need to know what to go to college for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Go to Europe.

• Locked thread