Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Help Im Alive posted:

Case 2 of Apollo Justice is about Trucy's panties

it's not as creepy as it sounds

Case guest written by Piers Anthony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

noirstronaut posted:

Is it worth it getting the trilogy for any reason aside from convenience if I own the physical carts?

I bought it and sold my carts myself. I think the high-res backgrounds are very good and even the sprites aren't nearly as bad as I thought based on all the iOS screenshots and videos, they're mostly very decent. Also, the 3D effect is nice.

But the most important improvements over the originals to me are the ability to skip unread text (which owns a lot) and the excellent main menu music.

Zat fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 18, 2015

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

precision posted:

It's like a theme that no matter what, every AA game has better sidekicks than main characters. This even extends to Edgeworth being awesome until he's the main character and then he becomes The Boring One. Apollo's sidekick is Trucy, right? Please tell me there's no creepy stuff with her in the Apollo game :ohdear:

I've been playing Apollo justice and I like it so far. Apollo is a doof, but Trucy is adorable. There's been no creepy stuff between them so far... weird panty obsession in case 2 aside. They act more like brother and sister.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Zat posted:

But the most important improvements over the originals to me are the fact that you can now skip unread text (which owns a lot) and the excellent main menu music.

If I was going to play them again I would rank this as very important if you can read faster than a 6-year old.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

noirstronaut posted:

Is it worth it getting the trilogy for any reason aside from convenience if I own the physical carts?

30 coins :D

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

seiferguy posted:

If I downloaded DLC for a game, and then decide to upgrade to a bigger MicroSD card, how does the DLC transfer? Would I just have to download it again, or transfer it somehow?

As long as you're playing it on the same system, if you copy & paste the contents of your old SD card to your new SD card (exactly, with all directories intact) everything you've bought will work fine. It's only when you're actually using the SD card on a new system, like upgrading from an old 3DS to a new one, that you have to jump through all the system transfer hoops

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Yoooooooooo I just got done with case 3 in AAI2 and holy poo poo was it awesome.

I mean when you found out about Edgeworth's dad in the first game it was a sad thing. But now that I've gotten to see him in action it's now a TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE. Rot in hell, Manfred von Karma.

It's also pretty neat seeing how Edgeworth has evolved over the games now that I can finally understand this one.

Speaking of the New 3DS though, those Phoenix Wright themes seem pretty awesome. I hope they come over here.

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 18, 2015

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Should all those Sega 3D classics I bought in the sale be appearing in my Registered Games and Products list? I thought the termination of stars for digital products in the UK ended 20th April??

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Dual Destinies freaked me out because I thought the writing in it was atrocious and now I'm worried about going back to the original trilogy (which I thought owned)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

goferchan posted:

As long as you're playing it on the same system, if you copy & paste the contents of your old SD card to your new SD card (exactly, with all directories intact) everything you've bought will work fine. It's only when you're actually using the SD card on a new system, like upgrading from an old 3DS to a new one, that you have to jump through all the system transfer hoops

Yeah that's pretty much the plan. I just got my N3DS this weekend and I started downloading DLC in Theatrhythm FF:CC with the default 4GB SD card (goddammit S-E, I can't resist music from Chrono Trigger and Seiken Densetsu 3) and realized I might need more space.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
While opinions on individual games vary, in my opinion all Ace Attorney games have their highlights that make them worth playing. Even the weaker cases always have a bunch of funny dialogue and observations.

Also the music is always great and in general AA creates an incredible amount of tension and atmosphere out of seemingly nothing with the way it uses sound effects, music and silence. I've always been super impressed with that aspect of the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwRCkBwF9NA

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Yeah that's pretty much the plan. I just got my N3DS this weekend and I started downloading DLC in Theatrhythm FF:CC with the default 4GB SD card (goddammit S-E, I can't resist music from Chrono Trigger and Seiken Densetsu 3) and realized I might need more space.

Yeah, you'll have no problem. I did the same thing going from a 4GB to a 32GB. You just need a PC and a card reader.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm about 1/2 through the last case of game 1. I don't know why, but I am really hating this case. It just seems so stupid.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm about 1/2 through the last case of game 1. I don't know why, but I am really hating this case. It just seems so stupid.

You're stupid!!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Exioce posted:

Should all those Sega 3D classics I bought in the sale be appearing in my Registered Games and Products list? I thought the termination of stars for digital products in the UK ended 20th April??

The way it works is that anything released past a certain date does not give you coins/stars but anything released before that will give them to you until they end the service, which is the April 20th date you mentioned. I bought AAT and Luigi's Mansion last week and got registration surveys and coins for each.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I think you stop being able to get new coins sometime in March. I think the end of the month.

Edit: Oh, you live in the godless communist wasteland continent. Nevermind.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Waltzing Along posted:

Last case do you mean case 4 or 5?

Actually, it doesn't matter. If you don't like either case your opinion is wrong and bad

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Exioce posted:

Is anyone else holding out the ridiculous hope that Nintendo's new account system will recognise the digital purchases you've already made on Wii, Wii U, and 3DS?

The record industry banked on the temporary boost they got from people rebuying their vinyl on CD. Then they tanked. Sorry for rhyming. Nintendo customers might not be open to repurchasing their digital stuff multiple times. If Nintendo starts to lose the ability to sell people the same game multiple times...well, hard times could be ahead for them.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

fleshweasel posted:

The record industry banked on the temporary boost they got from people rebuying their vinyl on CD. Then they tanked. Sorry for rhyming. Nintendo customers might not be open to repurchasing their digital stuff multiple times. If Nintendo starts to lose the ability to sell people the same game multiple times...well, hard times could be ahead for them.

And vinyl is making a comeback. Nintendo should reprint their old backlog on NES/SNES/N64 cartridges.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Waltzing Along posted:

If it's the fifth case you're referring to, it was a DS exclusive and is skippable without consequence.

I liked the case but it starts reeeeeally slowly.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Anyone seen the MH new 3ds with a zelda gold bottom cover? Sounds like a thing

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Junkie Disease posted:

Probably just someone who bought the bottom from Nintendo.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm kinda thinking about getting a red bottom for my new 3ds. :3:

edit: or maybe the gold :o:

Housh fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 18, 2015

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Junkie Disease posted:

Red Robin Hood posted:

Probably just someone who bought the bottom from Nintendo.

Hot dog, I get to post this again:

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I got the thing from Nintendo and I did the thing. Face plate anxiety on the XL has been halved. :boom:

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

I broke down and bought Codename Steam and goddamn the game is fun but dear god the alien activity is really bad but it makes a great podcast game.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Junkie Disease posted:

:shepface:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Detective No. 27 posted:

And vinyl is making a comeback. Nintendo should reprint their old backlog on NES/SNES/N64 cartridges.

If they started making new S/NES systems that looked identical to the old ones and remade old cartridges there are a lot of people in the world who would buy them and become like, video game hipsters.

I mean it already happens, but that way Nintendo would at least make some money off it. And it would be hilarious if the collector market collapsed because gently caress the collector's market when it comes to all forms of entertainment media

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I love the gold Majora's Mask 3DS, but purple would have been more appropriate.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

This is also acceptable

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I finally saw the Majora's Mask N3DS in person -- a guy at a school event I volunteered for over spring break had one. I didn't really care for the glossy finish, but otherwise, it looked nice. Poor dude had to get it off of eBay for $350.

Also got the N3DS charging dock in today. It has plenty of room for a skinned N3DS, but not one with a HORI case on it. (That scratch on the N3DS was my fuckup when applying the skin, it's not from the dock.)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

enojy posted:

Poor dude had to get it off of eBay for $350.
lol

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just don't like the whole set up of:

Prosecutor: I did it.

Why am I even defending her? She said she did it. She confessed to the police.

As stupid as "justice" works in this game, this one just kinda destroyed my suspension of disbelief. I'm really hoping the twist is that she really did do it and goes to jail and gets the chair or something and the whiny 16 year old sister slits her wrists.

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Just to clarify, we're laughing at him, not with him.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

As stupid as "justice" works in this game, this one just kinda destroyed my suspension of disbelief. I'm really hoping the twist is that she really did do it and goes to jail and gets the chair or something and the whiny 16 year old sister slits her wrists.

What the H

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

There is an in-Universe explanation for why the court system in Phoenix Wright games is hosed

seriously

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm really hoping the twist is that she really did do it and goes to jail and gets the chair or something and the whiny 16 year old sister slits her wrists.
:dogbutton:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Waltzing Along posted:

Uh.....

Maybe Phoenix Wright games aren't for you...

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the fact that you defend someone who has already confessed is a pretty cool extension of the increasingly stacked cases you come up against as the game goes on

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

precision posted:

There is an in-Universe explanation for why the court system in Phoenix Wright games is hosed

seriously

I believe it and have been amused by it so far. This case is just so loving dumb. For a while I was convinced that it is all a dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

You just don't understand how anime justice works