Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

MourningView posted:

Most beer is good.

My dad only drank o'douls when I was a kid, and now I root for one of the most hated teams in tff. Coincidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Scarf posted:

Having drank Coors in a variety of states including Colorado, and at the Coors brewery itself in Golden... It tastes the same.

I personally felt in Golden in particular it has a slightly sweeter cleaner flavor than the Coors you get on the East coast from the VA brewery. But I also enjoy a diesel so what do I know I guess.

swickles posted:

Its mainly because its the only one on the list that isn't a lager. Everything else is a slightly different variant on the same minimal flavor. Yuengling at least tastes quite different from everything else on that list, so its literally the #1 alternative to lagers.

For me it's really about how limited its exposure is to create enough sales to crack the list. I enjoy me some Yuengling and it is a tastier alternative to most generic domestic beers so it being popular isn't surprising to me. It generating enough sales despite only being offered in like a dozen states is what surprises me.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Scarf posted:

No coors original. That study can go gently caress itself.

The only beer good enough to pay Bandit to ship some all the way from Texas.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

kittenmittons posted:

I don't think you could even get it in Ohio until a couple years ago.

You couldn't. My brother would always take some with him after visiting the parents.

Yuengling is one of the three beers I like, which is convenient because everywhere sells it around here.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

MourningView posted:

Most beer is good.

Beer is loving cool as hell and everyone should drink all kinds of it

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I sell lots of beer and pour it in glasses for people and in return they give me money, often times they give me more money than the beer cost and I get to keep the extra money. Good stuff that beer, good stuff.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I sell lots of beer and pour it in glasses for people and in return they give me money, often times they give me more money than the beer cost and I get to keep the extra money. Good stuff that beer, good stuff.

Congrats on your cool beer relationship

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

#LifeHacks

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Yeungling mainly owns because it is cheap and better than other cheap beer. Tennessee football owns because gently caress the entire state of Alabama.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Drink whisky

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Drink whatever makes you happy and feel good, root for whatever team is happy and makes you feel good. Unless it's Notre Dame, Penn State, or worst of all Akron. Then go eat the biggest bag of dicks possible.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I drink cider because it tastes like apple juice.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Connor Cook is very similar to Jameis Winston

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/michigan-state/spartans/2015/03/19/connor-cook-nfl-draft/25008961/

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Sash! posted:

You couldn't. My brother would always take some with him after visiting the parents.

Yuengling is one of the three beers I like, which is convenient because everywhere sells it around here.

Agh, you're in an area that you can get Two Hearted Ale too, I bet. One of the very few IPA's I like.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kayakyakr posted:

Agh, you're in an area that you can get Two Hearted Ale too, I bet. One of the very few IPA's I like.

Bells has started to expand a lot, they're in CA now (because if there's one thing we need more of on the west coast it's IPAs)

MourningView fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 19, 2015

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

kayakyakr posted:

Yeah I normally don't like IPA's, but since living on the west coast I've started to come around to the ones that are more fruity/citrusy hoppy and not just straight hop bitterness to the face IPA's.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
"Do you have Three Floyds in?"

every. day.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MourningView posted:

Bells has started to expand a lot, they're in CA now (because if there's one thing we need more of on the west coast it's IPAs)

It'll be quite a while before you can get Bell's in Texas... Labeling laws here mean the state is often one of the last to get a distribution. One can only hope, though.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

"Do you have Three Floyds in?"

every. day.

Yeah, check my rear end in a top hat. Haha,

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
In scheduling news, Mississippi State has finally scheduled its conference mandated P5 opponent for 2016-2017. We will be playing BYU, which apparently counts, going to their place first.

The other teams we have scheduled beyond that are KState, NCSt, and Arizona.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 19, 2015

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

kayakyakr posted:

There's a bar a few blocks from my house that has it on tap. I recognized the label when I looked it up.

The bar is named after Robert E. Lee's dad and is my neighborhoods Pac 12 bar.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
The best beer is bourbon.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

C2C - 2.0 posted:

The best beer is bourbon.

Single Malt Whisky is also acceptable.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

beer sex barbecue The SEC will count Notre Dame, BYU and uhh Army as P5 opponents for the purpose of that scheduling rule that will go into effect in a year or whenever. trampoline civil war bjs

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

beer sex barbecue The SEC will count Notre Dame, BYU and uhh Army as P5 opponents for the purpose of that scheduling rule that will go into effect in a year or whenever. trampoline civil war bjs

Army's a bit suspect but if Indiana and Oregon State count as P5 programs then I think BYU deserves it. :colbert:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MindlessHavok posted:

I drink cider because it tastes like apple juice.

this but ironically

Yeungling is basically the state beer of PA and is everywhere.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Beer nerds are the worst.

Lets talk about coffee and how french pressing coffee is the only true way to enjoy it.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

DOOP posted:

this but ironically

Yeungling is basically the state beer of PA and is everywhere.

Pottsville is the perfect place for a brewery since drinking is the only way to cope with having to live there.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

This is the closest to the ultimate post that anyone has yet achieved

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i drink nothing but mickeys

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Alouicious posted:

i drink nothing but mickeys

my undergrad i used to get mickeys 40s for 1.25 and smash them on the side of my apartment building on a weekly basis

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I like the puzzles on the caps.

I also like Baltica's 44oz plastic monstrosities

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I like the puzzles on the caps.

that's lionshead (the cheaper but almost as good version as yingers)

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Olde English is the finest of malt liquors accept no substitutes.

Also Miller High Life is best in a 40 as it is most like a champagne bottle which improves its flava.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Olde English is the finest of malt liquors accept no substitutes.

Also Miller High Life is best in a 40 as it is most like a champagne bottle which improves its flava.

This posts starts so correctly and then just dives into the depths of nonsense.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
the champagne of beers owns, but you're just cheating yorself if you get it in 40 form, the alcohol content just aint there

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

I like a nice Bordeaux.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007

Roasted Donut posted:

the champagne of beers owns, but you're just cheating yorself if you get it in 40 form, the alcohol content just aint there

This man understands. 40's are for consuming Malt Liquor, not normal low ABV beer.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

They don't sell 40s in Florida. I feel I missed out on a time honoured drinking tradition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

drunk leprechaun posted:

This man understands. 40's are for consuming Malt Liquor, not normal low ABV beer.

When I was a poor jobless college student I use to get a 40 of High Life and a bottle of orange juice and live it up

Now that I am a poor college grad I buy liquor on the reg and drink until I can't feel feelings

• Locked thread