Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Will we have access to a debug mode/developer's console?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

AfricanBootyShine posted:

There already is one in the beta, I presume it will be available in the game proper.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

CottonWolf posted:

For instance, if you hit someone with a 16 second Frightened effect, then immediately with a 6 second Terrified effect, would, after 6 seconds of being Terrified, they then get 10 seconds of Frightened, or does the shorter Terrified effect delete the longer Frightened effect totally?
Six seconds of terror and ten of fright.

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

"It'll be in Sensuki's mod"

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Yes, you need to enable the actual commands through IRoll20s. This disables achievements for that save.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Tzarnal posted:

Yes, you need to enable the actual commands through IRoll20s. This disables achievements for that save.

Cheat commands, that is. Just using the console for stuff like zoom range adjustment doesn't disable achievements.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Ravenfood posted:

Six seconds of terror and ten of fright.

Cheers.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Airfoil posted:

Cheat commands, that is. Just using the console for stuff like zoom range adjustment doesn't disable achievements.

Yes, sorry for the confusion. Its only the commands that actually do something cheaty that are locked away like that.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/03/22/sword-coast-legends-gameplay-trailer/

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009

Hard to judge how good or bad the gameplay is just from that, but the voice acting/writing seems to be almost purposefully aiming for the worst rpg tropes.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I'll be switching computers partway through playing this game. Are the save files placed somewhere easy to find, and is there any problem with copying them to another computer as long as both versions of PoE are up to date?

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I just realized the 26th isn't Tuesday fuuuuuck.

Big Bottom
Dec 26, 2007

Behind you

Prism posted:

I'll be switching computers partway through playing this game. Are the save files placed somewhere easy to find, and is there any problem with copying them to another computer as long as both versions of PoE are up to date?

If you're using Steam, Steam Cloud is enabled so all you have to do is log in on any computer and your saves will be current.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Big Bottom posted:

If you're using Steam, Steam Cloud is enabled so all you have to do is log in on any computer and your saves will be current.

Is that confirmed? Steam Could isn't being used in the beta. I don't recall whether or not Obs said it would used for release.

Edit: never mind. It's listed as a feature on the Steam page.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
*checks calendar*
the 22nd? fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Now that it's so close it's forever away
:suicide:

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
For the release I'll make a small diner party with only dishes from the the game's cookbook. People who dress up will be allowed a second serving. I really hope the recipes don't suck and the quantities are translated to the international standard (that is, not ounces and poo poo).

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I think it was a mistake for them to have us revisit D&D locations that we've been to a million times already, it feels really generic now.
Also that voice acting loving awwwwwwwwwwful.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Furism posted:

For the release I'll make a small diner party with only dishes from the the game's cookbook. People who dress up will be allowed a second serving. I really hope the recipes don't suck and the quantities are translated to the international standard (that is, not ounces and poo poo).

Will this be a LAN party where everyone is playing PoE? If not I won't be there fyi.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Aeonsim posted:

I don't maybe Sensuki has had enough of a look at the items to tell I think the gauntlets of Ogre strength are only +2 rather than a flat 18 which is a pity.
That's how it worked in 3E and 4E. In CRPGs, items that stick stats to a flat value promote metagame stat dumping. In BG2 you can dump your strength to the minimum value required for your class and make a beeline for Ribauld as soon as you have 10k gold. If your Strength was 3, congrats, you effectively got 16 free points to spend in character creation.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Big Bottom posted:

Even easier. Thanks!

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Insurrectionist posted:

Will this be a LAN party where everyone is playing PoE? If not I won't be there fyi.

gently caress no. I'm in my 30's with a wife and kid now, so it'll be a couple of friends with their own wife and kids. We'll drink good wine that we let breathe for 30 minutes and talk about how we pay too much taxes mostly. But I'll have them dress up as whatever they feel is medieval/renaissance.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

rope kid posted:

That's how it worked in 3E and 4E. In CRPGs, items that stick stats to a flat value promote metagame stat dumping. In BG2 you can dump your strength to the minimum value required for your class and make a beeline for Ribauld as soon as you have 10k gold. If your Strength was 3, congrats, you effectively got 16 free points to spend in character creation.

To be fair stats were generally so useless on the whole that even a mediocre roll would get you all the points you need except for the most stat-hungry classes.

Like a Fighter just get 6 Int so Mind-Flayer drain doesn't one-shot you, max Str/Dex/Con, bam, done. Play a Mage and get max Dex, 16 Con, and you're done, putting the rest in Str/Int just to alleviate inconveniences like Potions of Genius-tricks and low carry-weight. Even playing it 'fair' is just adding a good Int stat on top.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

FRINGE posted:

Hey rope kid!

Some modern computer DnD game needs to have a world-hopping story using the awesome 3d gemstone laser teleport map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMLCPPrq2Nw&t=990s

Decided I needed to crosspost this here. :smugwizard:

did... did they ever get home?

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Furism posted:

I could be wrong but I thought the recipes were more like baking and pastry items and not so much dinner dishes?

e: I'm just looking out for your dinner planning man

Scorchy fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Mar 22, 2015

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Scorchy posted:

I could be wrong but I thought the recipes were more like baking and pastry items and not so much dinner dishes?

e: I'm just looking out for your dinner planning man

If you can't make a meal out of goddamned pies and croissants then what the hell kind of man are you?

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So how do you guys build your Rogues? I usually max out Might and Dexterity, but I'm wondering if Intellect would also do well.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Basic Chunnel posted:

it's also funny that the Royal Edition (the $90 version) is #10 on the list and the Champion Edition ($60 version) is #12. Reminds me of the KS campaign and how higher tier pledges outpaced more modest pledges, which seemed unusual.

I'm looking at the preorder tiers and man... Think of a movie theater - they charge $5 or whatever for a cup containing maybe a dime or two's worth of soda, so there's an extreme amount of unit profit per sale (which is, famously, how movie theaters have always stayed in business). People spring for the special editions and pay up to more than double the normal asking price in exchange for a trove of digital goodies, which, bandwidth costs aside, probably don't add much in costs to producing and delivering the product. And since Obsidian is taking percentage rather than a lump sum commission... Obsidian could be making a ton of money here.
Champion edition on greenmangaming costs the same as regular edition on steam. Pretty much got it just for the soundtrack, I'll listen to a good one long after I've stopped playing a game.

Aeonsim
Jan 18, 2015

rope kid posted:

:), yeah but my dreams of a Triple Crown Solo run have now receded further into the distance ;P.

It was always one of the things I enjoyed about old BG2 that for some fighters the Gauntlets of Ogre strength were actually a debuff :) bit of a surprise the first time I realised that after hastily sticking them on a fighter with out fully reading the description and lowering his strength to 18... :D.

Also +2 is what +6% DMG would have been nicer as +3 so you get close to +10% DMG.

Aeonsim fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 22, 2015

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Pikes and stuff can hit "through" friendlies, right?

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

Pikes and stuff can hit "through" friendlies, right?

Yeah. Hitting things from behind a companion is really the main purpose of these melee weapon with range bonuses.

Sensuki
Dec 29, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A MASSIVE ARTISTIC SHITLORD ABOUT VIDEO GAMES.

I AM A TREMENDOUS FIRETRUCK AND MY BURGERS ARE OUT OF CONTROL

:spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin::spergin:

SunAndSpring posted:

So how do you guys build your Rogues? I usually max out Might and Dexterity, but I'm wondering if Intellect would also do well.

If you pick active abilities, then yes

(those are the same 3 stats I use, I ignore the others)

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012
Out of interest, how much do the base stats get checked during conversations? Or do skills turn up more?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

SurrealityCheck posted:

Out of interest, how much do the base stats get checked during conversations? Or do skills turn up more?

Both seem to get checked pretty often but the game uses current stats.with any modifiers,.not base stats.

SurrealityCheck
Sep 15, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Both seem to get checked pretty often but the game uses current stats.with any modifiers,.not base stats.

Sweet. Only downside is it means I'm going to be obsessively using the stat buff rest to get the most out of conversations Q_Q

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Playing Baldur's Gate 2 and I am sincerely happy about the upgrades to pathfinding that POE is going to have.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen
I'd like to make a super stylish melee damage dealer with a cool hat, preferably wielding a sword of some kind. Looking at the classes it seems if I want high single-target melee damage I should go with a rogue, a monk, or maybe a cipher. Do rogues suffer a lot of I leave off stealth and focus more on just straight up shanking dudes a lot? How would a monk fare with a big sword? Speaking of swords, looking through the weapon sets it seems like there are five different types: estocs, great swords, sabres, rapiers and "swords". Am I correct in assuming that the bare "sword" there is meant as a knightly one handed deal while the great sword is a two-hander?

Also, rope kid, how quickly in the game can I get my hands on a swag hat with a great big feather on it and will I have to murder someone for it?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Sniper Party posted:

I'd like to make a super stylish melee damage dealer with a cool hat, preferably wielding a sword of some kind. Looking at the classes it seems if I want high single-target melee damage I should go with a rogue, a monk, or maybe a cipher. Do rogues suffer a lot of I leave off stealth and focus more on just straight up shanking dudes a lot? How would a monk fare with a big sword? Speaking of swords, looking through the weapon sets it seems like there are five different types: estocs, great swords, sabres, rapiers and "swords". Am I correct in assuming that the bare "sword" there is meant as a knightly one handed deal while the great sword is a two-hander?

Also, rope kid, how quickly in the game can I get my hands on a swag hat with a great big feather on it and will I have to murder someone for it?

The Vailian clothing, from what i've seen in screenshots, looks pretty swag. Especially the hats. Definitely going to beeline for all of it and wander around being the coolest wizard around.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Will it be possible to do some light modding of the game? Like, say, editing item or skill parameters?

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

Deaderinred posted:

did... did they ever get home?
I wondered that for years. Turns out they were supposed to but the station cut the series short... but one loving episode. :negative:

http://cartoonlagoonstudios.com/2013/04/24/dungeons-dragons-the-never-made-final-episode/

http://www.dungeonsdragonscartoon.com/2009/08/requiem.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
So skills... how many should each character be focusing on? Do you need to dump all your points into just one skill or are there enough skill points to do 2 or even 3?

Also for mechanics I'm assuming you want your mechanics character to be at the front of your group in order to spot traps and stuff in time?

• Locked thread