Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
man this glass of piss sure isn't to my taste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasca
May 8, 2007

Eww what is that poo poo? Börek? Gross there's spinach I can't even watch you eat it the smell makes me gag

*squirts 4 packets of mayonnaise and some ketchup on a cheese bun and goes to town*

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
*tells the waiter that they are allergic to something that they just don't like, all of the other people at the table wishes that they would die*

DGib
Jan 22, 2010
i hope a lot of people itt die

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

chippy posted:

everyone must unreservedly and enthusiastically enjoy every single food in the world or they are just giant retard spergy drooling man babies

*angryposts and then chugs his daily cumshake*

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot
"The menu is just a list of ingredients that I can use to create my own custom dishes, I will do this every time we go to a restaurant."

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
current ladyfriend hates onions and cant stand wine cause its "too vinegary"

kinda annoying

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
I will eat olives since I'm not a picky autist, but I still don't understand why anyone likes them. The taste is kind of gross, tbh

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I once went to a Benihana restaraunt and got sat at a table with a girl who requested to all eight of us that she is allergic to shrimp and would really appreciate it if none of us had any because that meant she couldn't eat. Total strangers. The place served a free shrimp appetizer just for sitting down. I ordered extra shrimp.

Starving Autist posted:

I will eat olives since I'm not a picky autist, but I still don't understand why anyone likes them. The taste is kind of gross, tbh

There isa huge difference between the olives you get at Subway or Pizza Hut and good olives. Have you tried the nicer ones?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I was on a double date with my girlfriend, her friend, and her friend's husband. He ordered his meal and replaced every vegetable with either meat or potatoes, and after the waitress had left his wife embarrassingly said "_____ doesn't eat vegetables".

Cool guy, but gently caress, it must suck to have to be apologized for like a teenager because of your eating habits.

Dahlia posted:

*sees vegetable*
*sobs and gags*

On the first season of Big Brother Canada one of the House Challenges was for a contestant to eat a small side-dish portion of salad.

It took him like 20 minutes and he threw up twice, including seconds after he'd choked it all down and "completed".

A few people felt really bad for him and comforted him, but most of them were like "wtf is wrong with him? I would love to eat a salad as a challenge..."

return0
Apr 11, 2007
Mayonnaise is loving gross!

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

The Dregs posted:

There isa huge difference between the olives you get at Subway or Pizza Hut and good olives. Have you tried the nicer ones?

Yes but it's not an appreciable difference, the nicer ones just have a stronger and more complex flavor that ultimately still resembles the bottom of a shoe.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

return0 posted:

Mayonnaise is loving gross!

gently caress you

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Starving Autist posted:

Yes but it's not an appreciable difference, the nicer ones just have a stronger and more complex flavor that ultimately still resembles the bottom of a shoe.

hello child

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I've just awoken from a 10 year coma, please tell me the latest fad in eating healthy. What's that? No gluten? Yes. My entire life I've been allergic to all gluten and always have been.
Hmm? Dairy? Yes, totally allergic to that too. I've drunk almond milk since birth.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Somewhere in the world a lovely young writer is looking at how white people force their uniqueness on others in the form of fictitious dietary restrictions and is crafting a near-future sci-fi yarn about white people bragging about their autism and illiteracy.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Moola posted:

hello child

It's not an appealing taste, I eat them though which is not child like behavior but whatever lol. Enjoy the taste of dog poo poo mixed with rubber, having actual standards would be immature.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
*stares at lasagna for hours, not allowed to leave table*

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Dahlia posted:

*sees vegetable*
*sobs and gags*

What confuses me is that this :btroll: clearly can't stop eating and at the same time can't start eating. Real catch-22(lbs of butter and cheese a day).

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

amityville anus posted:

What confuses me is that this :btroll: clearly can't stop eating and at the same time can't start eating. Real catch-22(lbs of butter and cheese a day).

IIRC, she was on the show because she ate literally nothing but milk/cheese and potatoes. That .GIF missed out the best part when she gags attempting to put the accursed green near her mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dahlia posted:

*sees vegetable*
*sobs and gags*

*Fakes boo-hoo poo poo whilst TV Crew are there.*

*Eats entire fridge when they leave....literallly.....like the entire thing*

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I only eat degreased room temperature cheese pizza

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
If you "dont eat X food because..." youre a retarded child and I wont hang with you.

Picky eaters are trash level people.

Allergies are the only exception. But real allergies, not fake celiac crap.

If you enjoy Applebees I dont wanna know you.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Remember that e/n thread where the dude was complaining about how his girlfriend was a picky eater than it came out he was in his mid 30s and she was barely 20?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Sic Semper Goon posted:

IIRC, she was on the show because she ate literally nothing but milk/cheese and potatoes. That .GIF missed out the best part when she gags attempting to put the accursed green near her mouth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJGIMd3_LfY

I liked the episode of that show where the guy eats a burger with salsa on it and cries because all the flavor assaults him.

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
*Dad gets cancer*
*Dad Is cured of cancer*

"Hey Dad, you should try to eat healthy fruits and vegetable to help heal your body"

" GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT poo poo! THEY TASTE TERRIBLE! "

*Refuses to eat healthy and exercise*
*Buys potato chips and soda*

Dad: Ughhh I don't feel so good for the hundredth time today, let me waste the rest of my day sleeping in bed.

Me: Or you could start eating right and exercise, but what do I know? I'm just a stupid healthy young man that doesn't know anything.

--------------------

* baby nephew eats nothing but loving oreos and mini muffins all loving day everyday.*

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

Hingehead posted:

*Dad gets cancer*
*Dad Is cured of cancer*

"Hey Dad, you should try to eat healthy fruits and vegetable to help heal your body"

" GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT poo poo! THEY TASTE TERRIBLE! "

*Refuses to eat healthy and exercise*
*Buys potato chips and soda*

Dad: Ughhh I don't feel so good for the hundredth time today, let me waste the rest of my day sleeping in bed.

Me: Or you could start eating right and exercise, but what do I know? I'm just a stupid healthy young man that doesn't know anything.

--------------------

* baby nephew eats nothing but loving oreos and mini muffins all loving day everyday.*

your family sucks

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

psyopmonkey posted:

If you "dont eat X food because..." youre a retarded child and I wont hang with you.

oh no :rolleyes:

recoverytrouble
Jan 28, 2008

Grew up on vegemite sandwiches and kfc chips because mum couldn't put her foot down and let me starve til I ate normal food. Fast forward 25 years and I think I dodged a bullet with a son of my own who will eat/try anything I cook. Sadly boy #2 inherits my picky childhood tendencies and I'm too soft to put my foot down blah blah blah..

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

recoverytrouble posted:

Grew up on vegemite sandwiches and kfc chips because mum couldn't put her foot down and let me starve til I ate normal food. Fast forward 25 years and I think I dodged a bullet with a son of my own who will eat/try anything I cook. Sadly boy #2 inherits my picky childhood tendencies and I'm too soft to put my foot down blah blah blah..

Same story at our house growing up- I would eat whatever my parents put in front of me, while my 25 year old sister eats a bag of chips for supper after getting food out for her kids after eating nothing but chicknugs and fries growing up... except that she's much more cultured than I am and has eaten at restaurants that I would be turned away from at the door, but even though she knows of the finer things she just wants to eat chips and drink wine :confused:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
so the goonseneus is that vegetables are good and you're a bitchmade bitch if you don't eat all and any vegetables? good:hfive:

finally goons are right, stopped clock, etc

Zen Punk
Dec 26, 2005

interfaced
When I was a kid I used to stick olives on each of my fingertips and then eat them one by one.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

City of Tampa posted:

"The menu is just a list of ingredients that I can use to create my own custom dishes, I will do this every time we go to a restaurant."

this but unironicaly

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Be that guy who's like "ooh, fish... uh, no. I don't eat fish. All fish. Like if it ever lived in water or maybe even drank too much water I won't look at it or think about it."
If you meet 'fish guy' tell him you're the same but for all land based meat and then ask if that makes sense.

or

Dude who won't try something new. "What if I don't like it?" What if you do? "But if I don't that's like <x> dollars I'd spend and then not like it."

Yes, because the cost of food is SO outrageous that if you have one plate of food you don't like you'll be ruined financially forever. And, on top of that, sometimes people get food they don't like and *gasp* still eat it just so it's not wasteful/they aren't rude.

I get seriously mad IRL at picky eaters. Like the dude on the other page said, you're allowed to have a couple things you might just not like, and that's cool. Mine is sweet potatoes. But the difference is that sometimes a meal comes with sweet potato fries or something and I just shrug it off and eat them anyhow. Because I'm not going to push the plate away and wrinkle my nose and say things like "Can you guys SMELL that?! UHH!" since I'm not a spoiled childe.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Big Beef City posted:

Yes, because the cost of food is SO outrageous that if you have one plate of food you don't like you'll be ruined financially forever. And, on top of that, sometimes people get food they don't like and *gasp* still eat it just so it's not wasteful/they aren't rude.

thats whats foreign to me, its not people disliking certain foods, its them refusing to just finish eating them. i like some things more than others but if im served them ill still finish eating them without any problem. that a grown person will just leave their food to go cold and get thrown in the trash because it has tomatoes or olives in it or something is crazy to me. the problem might be that there are some people who demand that all the food they are given be absolutely delicious or else its intolerable which is the opinion little pissing baby kings of france have.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

I grow some tomatoes most years because I want to put them in things and yet I still don't like the taste of them raw. I eat them anyways, though.

Sometimes really rich cheesecake makes me gag.

That's it.

Winter Fresh
Oct 31, 2011
i only eat hotdogs and chicken nuggets and diet coke

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Why is it always chicken tenders that seem to be the only food these people can eat?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Winter Fresh posted:

i only eat hotdogs and chicken nuggets and diet coke

aka the republican diet.

i've noticed that most picky eaters who only eat poo poo like hot dogs, corn, and bland applebee type stuff tend to be libertarian/conservatives and people who'll eat anything and love vegetables tend to be liberal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

i honestly just don't understand how people can go "no! i'll never like it!" and refuse to eat stuff other than the first time or two they try it

like man, it's almost as if gaining a palate for something is a process of you continuously trying to eat it

• Locked thread