Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
So, uh, are there any competent people who stream this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

quote:

Gentleman: I have your letter of the 11th, in the nature of a petition to revoke my orders removing all the inhabitants from Atlanta. I have read it carefully, and give full credit to your statements of distress that will be occasioned, and yet shall not revoke my orders, because they were not designed to meet the humanities of the cause, but to prepare for the future struggles in which millions of good people outside of Atlanta have a deep interest. We must have peace, not only at Atlanta, but in all America. To secure this, we must stop the war that now desolates our once happy and favored country. To stop war, we must defeat the rebel armies which are arrayed against the laws and Constitution that all must respect and obey. To defeat those armies, we must prepare the way to reach them in their recesses, provided with the arms and instruments which enable us to accomplish our purpose. Now, I know the vindictive nature of our enemy, that we may have many years of military operations from this quarter; and, therefore, deem it wise and prudent to prepare in time. The use of Atlanta for warlike purposes in inconsistent with its character as a home for families. There will be no manufacturers, commerce, or agriculture here, for the maintenance of families, and sooner or later want will compel the inhabitants to go. Why not go now, when all the arrangements are completed for the transfer, instead of waiting till the plunging shot of contending armies will renew the scenes of the past month? Of course, I do not apprehend any such things at this moment, but you do not suppose this army will be here until the war is over. I cannot discuss this subject with you fairly, because I cannot impart to you what we propose to do, but I assert that our military plans make it necessary for the inhabitants to go away, and I can only renew my offer of services to make their exodus in any direction as easy and comfortable as possible.

You see Sherman said he was going to burn Atlanta to the ground and he did because that's how you stop the same kind of poo poo happening in the future. Kinda like Bleak Walkers.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Soothing Vapors posted:

holy poo poo read a book

I read all the Drizzt books when I was a kid

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Bobfly posted:

I'm wondering this, too.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'll end all of your suspense about this question right now.

No.

cheesetriangles fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 24, 2015

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Soothing Vapors posted:

holy poo poo read a book

Pfft too busy being super social with my only 3 friends playing tabletop RPGs.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

cheesetriangles posted:

I'll end all of your suspension about this question right now.

No.

I'm not a smart man, which is obvious by my posting, but it didn't take me as long to figure out how to kill stuff good in PoE as some of these streamers. I'd say people aren't used to RTwP gameplay but we've got stuff like Inquisition and the original Dragon ages going on so that can't be right either.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

SaltLick posted:

You see Sherman said he was going to burn Atlanta to the ground and he did because that's how you stop the same kind of poo poo happening in the future. Kinda like Bleak Walkers.

I'm Irish so the only thing I know about Atlanta is it most famous residents, the Magician and the guy who invented Coca-Cola.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Bobfly posted:

If someone at Obsidian wants to send me a key I'll do it. I'll be the competent streamer.

ovenboy
Nov 16, 2014

Soothing Vapors posted:

holy poo poo read a book

Eh, I wouldn't say american history is universal general knowledge.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I think maybe the give press copies to streamers to promote the game thing would work better if they didn't do it the day before Bloodborne one of the biggest releases in months came out so now all the big streamers are playing that / no one is watching PoE.

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Firstborn posted:

I'm wondering this, too.

http://www.twitch.tv/theroguezombie/

This is the stream of Anthony Davis an Obsidian Developer. Now he hasn't worked on the game himself but he is quite familiar with RPG's in general, and has played the game before he started streaming this.

He's not a "regular" twitch streamer so if banners, follower counts, donation comments and gimmicks annoy you those are also absent.

He will probably not be streaming the game again today or tomorrow because he wants to play Bloodborne but you can have a look at his streams of the last 48 hours.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

cheesetriangles posted:

I think maybe the give press copies to streamers to promote the game thing would work better if they didn't do it the day before Bloodborne one of the biggest releases in months came out so now all the big streamers are playing that / no one is watching PoE.

Seems to be working reasonably well (unfortunately because I hate streamers). It's in the top 3 sellers on steam right now and it ain't even out yet.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ovenboy posted:

True, but everyone should know about Willy T, who was america's worst quaker.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Seems to be working reasonably well (unfortunately because I hate streamers). It's in the top 3 sellers on steam right now and it ain't even out yet.

We have no idea how many copies that is actually moving and could very well be there isn't much being sold right now. I just want Obsidian to be free and make awesome games forever and not have to be guns for hire so I'm just being worried about stuff. God I want this game to sell good so bad.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

And doing just as well on the other sites, if not better.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

Tzarnal posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/theroguezombie/

This is the stream of Anthony Davis an Obsidian Developer.

I watched the first 10 mins or so of his before putting myself in spoiler lockdown. It's a nice change of pace when actual grownups stream.

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

ovenboy posted:

Well at least it's, you know, a quick read.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hey rope kid will PoE ever have Portuguese as a language option?

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

We do have a Brazilian designer (Olivia Veras) but she probably doesn't to personally translate hundreds of thousands of words...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress you, suck my dick

Give game

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Eonwe posted:

Give game

same

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

rope kid posted:

We do have a Brazilian designer (Olivia Veras) but she probably doesn't to personally translate hundreds of thousands of words...

Figured it would be too much effort, was just wondering because I was pleasantly surprised when Beamdog actually did a Portuguese translation for Baldur's Gate 1 EE

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Eonwe posted:

Give game

We're gonna need a new thread with a better title come the 26th.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'll be happy with the manual. Give me the manual.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Inspector Gesicht posted:

We're gonna need a new thread with a better title come the 26th.

Well, a better title at least.

The title should be something alluding to money (the kickstarter) and eternity, so "We'll give you an RPG on Tuesday for a handful of coppers today."

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Insurrectionist posted:

I'll be happy with the manual. Give me the manual.

Hell, just give us Cooking With Tim.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

frajaq posted:

Figured it would be too much effort, was just wondering because I was pleasantly surprised when Beamdog actually did a Portuguese translation for Baldur's Gate 1 EE

Well, i rather have none than a translation to Portuguese made with Google's translator like some games seem to do.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I would strongly appreciate it if the keys would be sent out today.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Eonwe posted:

Give game

I agree with this poster.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

If I understand this right, disengagement attacks just mean that if character A moves out of character B's danger zone, B gets to hit A with a free attack that hurts a lot? That seems pretty straightforward if so and helps tanks do their job.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Avalerion posted:

If I understand this right, disengagement attacks just mean that if character A moves out of character B's danger zone, B gets to hit A with a free attack that hurts a lot? That seems pretty straightforward if so and helps tanks do their job.

Sort of. Some characters are better about keeping you stuck in than others, but overall your explanation works.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
seriously im going to binge on games like this

Im gonna play Pillars of Eternity, then go back and play Baldurs, Planescape, and Dragon Age 1

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Avalerion posted:

I'd do an Archer reference here but the show hasn't been that good for the last two seasons and I can't be arsed.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man

SunAndSpring posted:

The great and wise BAdler has heard your plea... probably.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71464-keys-when/page-12#entry1593905

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
Is it a coincidence that 99% of POE streamers are sporting a massive neckbeard?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SunAndSpring posted:

All the backer keys will be sent out early next week, don't worry about it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Don Mega posted:

that is correct

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Don Mega posted:

Where do you think they kept all their money to back this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang

Airfoil posted:

The great and wise BAdler has heard your plea... probably.

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/71464-keys-when/page-12#entry1593905

I wonder what the hold up is. As far as I'm concerned he only little gently caress up in all this is they should have released the Almanac/Manual/Soundtrack/Recipe book about a week before release. I hope one day they'll explain why they didn't do so.

• Locked thread