Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rich thick and creamy
May 23, 2005

To whip it, Whip it good
Pillbug

DalaranJ posted:

There's been a rash of serial killings, Gordon. We think the killer must be from out of town. We've never seen an MO like this before in Gotham. He always kills people with his signature weapon, which is why everyone has taken to calling him the gunman.

Even better he always bludgeons them to death with a baseball bat so they have taken to calling him the batman. Continuity destroyed. Let's steer this ship into uncharted waters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Do we get more ham tonight, or is it still on hiatus?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Bruceski posted:

Do we get more ham tonight, or is it still on hiatus?

It's curing.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I really, really don't hate the Fish plot as much as some people here. The part where she identified that the prisoners lives had some value to the men in charge and used that against the guards was, dare I say, enjoyable. The fact that they didn't kill her after the eye thing, when they sounded perfectly ready to kill her, much less so.

I wanted to see something to show me how this character was supposed to become a captain in a large mafia family, and sitting in a club in shiny scaly two-piece outfits calling 19 year old waiters "baby" wasn't getting the job done.

She's certainly not vital to the show the way it falls apart without Bullock, but I could take it or leave it. The Nygma stuff annoys me. The Gordon/Penguin "friendship" annoys me. Barbara very much annoys me.

I'm really surprised we haven't gotten even a hint of Ra's AlGhul. He's immortal and can be played by basically anybody.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
If all that annoys you, and Jada Smith doesn't bother you. Might be time for a new show.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
I had a dream about Barbara the other night. She was pretty drunk.

tatopom
Apr 9, 2009

bpower posted:

Was she wearing any pants?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

tatopom posted:

Was she wearing any pants?

No, a very short chiffon cocktail dress. She was on the way home from a party and walked in to my house.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She gets around, was at my house coming home from Drum N Bass gig all pepped up on pingas.... she wouldn't shut up.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Rocksicles posted:

If all that annoys you, and Jada Smith doesn't bother you. Might be time for a new show.

The Riddler is one of my favorite rogues, and they've basically made him into a fedora-tipping Redditor. The actor is doing his best considering the writers have given him material that seems written for Jim Parsons, so that's what makes him merely annoying instead of show-stoppingly bad.

My problem with the Fish character is that they've shown this person for a dozen or so episodes in positions of power and control, and failed to show any of the cunning she should possess to have gotten there. Similarly, Penguin is now doing less things, or dumber things like the Old Couples Fight Night scene; but we know the road he had to take to get to here and that his stay could be merely temporary.

Finally, Penguin should have gained a level of infamy after this many betrayals and mob associations that he shouldn't be hanging around GCPD just to hand out an invitation. But that's mostly because I'm having trouble keeping track of the police corruption on this show anymore. Regardless, the one clean cop on the force seems to be hanging around known criminals an awful lot.

The best written characters on the show IMO are Bullock, Bruce Wayne (amazingly), Butch, and Zsasz; and I'm basically tolerating everything else for them.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Mar 24, 2015

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Craptacular! posted:

The best written characters on the show IMO are Bullock, Bruce Wayne (amazingly), Butch, and Zsasz; and I'm basically tolerating everything else for them.

I agree wholly with this. I hated Bruce at first, but I'm starting to get to like his part of the story more and more within this setting. Zsasz is the best part of the show.

Although I actually like Riddler, too. He's been a pretty one-note character so far, so I hope they flesh him out and give him more things to do.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Craptacular! posted:

I'm really surprised we haven't gotten even a hint of Ra's AlGhul. He's immortal and can be played by basically anybody.

I honestly wonder if Ra's being a huge part of a show on a rival network is an issue.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Craptacular! posted:

:word:

You're wasting your breath everyone hates Fish, or moreover Jada Smith. Her news that came a couple of weeks ago only confirms that.

The writing is tepid at best for most of the show, you're right.on Bullock, Bruce, Zsasz (not that he says much) but Alfred is excellent too. So is Cat and Ivy.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Gordon isn't terrible by any means, at least I enjoy watching him succeed while failing at the same time.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
The only scene with Zsasz that was not terrible, was the first time you see him walking into the police station. Everything after that has been pitiful.
Big supposed killer who just stands still while shooting and getting shot at. What makes him good is the fact others can't shoot worth poo poo. Turnig Butch around: Magic!

Seriously.. even Fish is better written. Zsasz over-acts his character just like she does, and bugs me just as much.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Zsasz has never been a great character concept, but as AU comic book villains go he's the most original job they've done.

Also, his hit squad looks like a bunch of models that came off a runway, and I find it hilarious.

Dalael posted:

Turnig Butch around: Magic!
The mob controls Arkham, where these kinds of fantasy lobotomies were the focus of an entire episode's plot. Or did I hallucinate the nurse episode?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I could have sworn it said there was a new episode tonight.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
You know, something that struck me when watching the trailer for the Red Hood episode was that it might have been a lot more interesting if the Wayne's killer had himself worn a red mask during the murder.

The idea of the some unknown 'red hood killer' might have a connection to this new 'Red Hood Gang', even if it was a red herring, could have been used a bit to show Gordon sort of still focusing on the Wayne murders or having some erroneous belief that the Wayne Killer has to still be out there, doing something, and he's going to find that missing link somewhere, somehow, to make everything right.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 1, 2015

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

bpower posted:

She told me something that was supposed to be a funny joke, but it wasn't actually a funny joke.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Erin Richards, (Chocolate) Star(fish) of Gotham, Tells a Funny Batman Joke

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Mister Mind posted:

She told me something that was supposed to be a funny joke, but it wasn't actually a funny joke.

Still not wearing pants

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Colonial Air Force posted:

Still not wearing pants

The best part of being a lady is never having to wear pants.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I think this show is starting again in a few days. Anyone still plans on watching? I can't even remember wtf was happening. Something about Fish being a crazy bitch, stabbing herself in the eye and getting a new one because why the gently caress not.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So what is this now, the start of season 3 right?

Seriously, if they're gonna have these long gaps why not make a 12 episode season so they don't have to worry about desperately padding out the plotline with filler? Same issue with Flash and Arrow, Flash in particular had a midseason break that should have been a season finale.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Dalael posted:

I think this show is starting again in a few days. Anyone still plans on watching? I can't even remember wtf was happening. Something about Fish being a crazy bitch, stabbing herself in the eye and getting a new one because why the gently caress not.

I can say with almost absolute certainty that I'm not going to watch season 2. I mean I'm barely invested in this season as is, unless something absolutely insane happens in the season finale, I'm done.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Dalael posted:

Absolutely, this show is campy as gently caress and has some awesome characters. Saint Gordon is moving up the police ranks and is now head of the Union, after blackmailing his way in, while his guy pal Harvey watches in uncertain amusement. Bruce just got a lesson in Ameican corporate policy. Plus it feels like Alfred is about to go mad crazy on some fools.

I'm already warming up the popcorn!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope they just straight up execute Fish here.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Whyyyy is Fish even still alive?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Whyyyy is Fish even still alive?

You have to be alive before you die.

Doc Aquatic
Jul 30, 2003

Current holder of the Plush-bum Mr. Sweets Chair in American Hobology

David D. Davidson posted:

I can say with almost absolute certainty that I'm not going to watch season 2. I mean I'm barely invested in this season as is, unless something absolutely insane happens in the season finale, I'm done.

Something absolutely insane happens in pretty much every episode.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Peter Petrelli is playing Patrick Bateman on a Batman show?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The murder is the guy from 50 Shades of Grey.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You know show, I would have just trusted you that they cut that guy's fingers off.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I would not be surprised if Cat's actress actually did that herself.

Is she and Bruce supposed the same age?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The actress is 16 while the kid who plays Bruce is only 14.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

muscles like this? posted:

The actress is 16 while the kid who plays Bruce is only 14.

Yea, that's what I assumed.

Ranger Death is in a Misfits cover band in his off time with that forelock.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

oh no, not barbara

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
Welp, barb is off to meet mr. grey bateman. looks like the writers know what the fans want.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
I thought tonight's episode, I Can't Believe It's Not Christian Grey, was actually really good. I'm not so sure about the way they padded it out with the flashback scenes that nobody could possibly know about. I mean, I don't think they've done that before, and it felt out of place here. But, it wasn't that bad. And as a bonus, Babs is up next! Next-ish, I guess. She's going to be in that house of horrors soon. Of course she won't die because the canon of the mythos won't allow it, but maybe she'll get really scared or something.

I actually liked the Dollmacher scenes here. The setup of the stone-cold killers who didn't get to the boat was very well done and I didn't see the full plan Fish had until the first group ran outside. And, Dollmacher did say that Fish was going to get shot in the stomach, so I don't want to hear any bellyaching from her about what happened at the end of the episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Fish said she would get off the island or die trying. I am not overly hopeful, but if we are lucky she will be gone by the next few episodes.

• Locked thread