Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

JGdmn posted:

To introduce a weekly segment, yes.

a weekly segment of commenting on adam's terrible lies and exaggerations? i must have missed that announcement i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Yeah, on Thursday. The one labelled "a new segment". With the song. Like I said in my first post.

I'm not saying Adam isn't worse, because he obviously is. But Alison has gone quite a bit off the rails, and her doing this just to boost ratings is pretty sad.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Boinks posted:

I thought she only had the dog for like a week or two.

Ya basically and it got sick/attacked while she was away on vacation.
Just imagine if she has a kid with the treatments shes getting, fuken look out.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

JGdmn posted:

Yeah, on Thursday. The one labelled "a new segment". With the song. Like I said in my first post.

I'm not saying Adam isn't worse, because he obviously is. But Alison has gone quite a bit off the rails, and her doing this just to boost ratings is pretty sad.

oh you're totally right, i hadn't heard that episode yet. i'm conflicted, though i'm still very much on the gently caress carolla train because of her and his show lately in general, i can see your point. i'm curious if it is actually going to be a reoccurring segment, since the well can't be that deep for her.

unfortunately i'm probably the target audience, since i can't help but be drawn to drama

edit: also mangria does not taste great, but i also don't like sangria

Tweak fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Mar 21, 2015

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Adam's reason should just be that she isn't funny or interesting. I'm sure the other poo poo he brought up bothered him but lets be honest, she isn't on the show because she was bad on the show.

The Experiment
Dec 12, 2010

Also it's been about three months since the firing took place. This is going from interesting to sad.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Adam's reason should just be that she isn't funny or interesting. I'm sure the other poo poo he brought up bothered him but lets be honest, she isn't on the show because she was bad on the show.

Completely agree with this. From the very first episode featuring Alison, it was painfully obvious to me that she wasn't a good fit for the show. I'm not sure how Adam didn't realize this right off the bat.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Big difference between those two things. I mean, "not a good fit" IS what he said. People who liked Alison were upset in part because they liked Alison, so "the person you like is actually uninteresting and unfunny" would not have flown at all.

He shouldn't have fired her with an email over the holidays and he should have given her more warning / some opportunity to transition publicly by coming up with a true-ish gloss they would both stick to. Maybe he thought that conversation wouldn't go well / such a gloss wasn't on the table, which is possible, but then you plug her show and talk her up much more than he did in the "Alison is no longer here" show. It probably wasn't going to go over smoothly no matter what, though, and, ironically, being unceremonious gave Alison the biggest tailwind possible.

pangstrom fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 23, 2015

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

pangstrom posted:

It probably wasn't going to go over smoothly no matter what, though, and, ironically, being unceremonious gave Alison the biggest tailwind possible.

maybe that was his plan all along, the bighearted martyr :unsmith:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

he certainly tried to play it up as doing her a favor, at least until he decided he needed to drag her through the mud for no good reason

if you want to hear a SCATHING review of road hard while bryan is forced to sit and chuckle along without saying anything, check out the first 15 minutes or so of Film Vault from friday. it's hilarious to hear adam has the same opinion of directing as he does acting (it's a non skill), and is terrible at both.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Tweak posted:

if you want to hear a SCATHING review of road hard while bryan is forced to sit and chuckle along without saying anything, check out the first 15 minutes or so of Film Vault from friday. it's hilarious to hear adam has the same opinion of directing as he does acting (it's a non skill), and is terrible at both.

Holy crap that one guys is a seriously obnoxious try-hard and Brian is such a weenie. How can anybody listen to this thing?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Human Tornada posted:

Holy crap that one guys is a seriously obnoxious try-hard and Brian is such a weenie. How can anybody listen to this thing?

Any long time Carolla fan knows Anderson, sheesh. They hate each other, it's fantastic.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Medullah posted:

Any long time Carolla fan knows Anderson, sheesh. They hate each other, it's fantastic.

drat I didn't even realize.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
Shut up Anderson, just shut up and do the buttons; would you, please?

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
The world is your oyster, because, really, that's all the world is.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

What i know is this - shortly after Adam fired Alison, Larry Miller took his podcast off the carolla network. Jeff Fox, who'd worked with Adam for years and who Adam has publicly praised as one of the few people around him who has hit poo poo together, quit. He produced Larry's show and is now producing Alison's show. If people who Adam has stated are great and friends, etc are leaving and going other places, I don't think it's the people who are leaving/got canned who are crazy.

Those who have stayed are doing so because they're using Adam to further themselves and I'm certain they'll jump ship before long. Speaking of using Adam, has anyone listened to Chris Loximana's new pod cast? I think it's called Resume.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Dear Prudence posted:

What i know is this - shortly after Adam fired Alison, Larry Miller took his podcast off the carolla network. Jeff Fox, who'd worked with Adam for years and who Adam has publicly praised as one of the few people around him who has hit poo poo together, quit. He produced Larry's show and is now producing Alison's show. If people who Adam has stated are great and friends, etc are leaving and going other places, I don't think it's the people who are leaving/got canned who are crazy.

Those who have stayed are doing so because they're using Adam to further themselves and I'm certain they'll jump ship before long. Speaking of using Adam, has anyone listened to Chris Loximana's new pod cast? I think it's called Resume.

Hahaha holy poo poo, I thought you were kidding about Chris's podcast. He literally has a podcast called resume. Wow, such bravado.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Pretty interesting piece on how much revenue the show brings in.

I did find it funny the other day to hear Adam complain about people not watching his movie or reading up on him before interviewing him.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Dear Prudence posted:

In 2014, it earned more than $2 million on revenues $4.4 million -- including $3.1 million in advertising. Or so reports Carolla and his CFO, Mike August, who figured they present a pretty good counter narrative to the tales of gloom, doom and certain death I’ve been spinning for 10 years.

I dont think Adams worried about losing people.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dear Prudence posted:

I think you're reading too much into things. Jeff Fox wanted to start his own studio. Larry Miller is close with him and they have worked on the podcast together for years. Larry said he just wanted to work with Jeff. That they are both still friends with Adam.

It's the entertainment business. People come and go. They try and make it on their own or find better offers. Adam's a weird anti-social person, but he's always been that way. Every person who leaves isn't doing it because of some grudge they hold against the guy.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Does David Wild still come around?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Mokotow posted:

Does David Wild still come around?

Every week basically.

Hes on todays episode.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Adam could probably kill David Wild's family and David would still suck up to him. I'll never forget when David was referencing a book he wrote (right around the time Not Taco Bell Material came out) and he said "It was in a book I wrote which I'm really proud of...I'm really proud of your book too, and..."

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Dear Prudence posted:

It's who you know

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Niwrad posted:

I think you're reading too much into things. Jeff Fox wanted to start his own studio. Larry Miller is close with him and they have worked on the podcast together for years. Larry said he just wanted to work with Jeff. That they are both still friends with Adam.

It's the entertainment business. People come and go. They try and make it on their own or find better offers. Adam's a weird anti-social person, but he's always been that way. Every person who leaves isn't doing it because of some grudge they hold against the guy.

Eh, you're probably right.

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

Cromulent posted:

Adam could probably kill David Wild's family and David would still suck up to him. I'll never forget when David was referencing a book he wrote (right around the time Not Taco Bell Material came out) and he said "It was in a book I wrote which I'm really proud of...I'm really proud of your book too, and..."

Do you expect anything else from an Axl apologist? This is the man who publicly defended Chinese Democracy in earnest.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Fly McCool posted:

Do you expect anything else from an Axl apologist? This is the man who publicly defended Chinese Democracy in earnest.

This makes me like David Wild even more because Chinese Democracy ruled.

Looks like PO'D Cast must have been cancelled. It's not showing up on the site anymore.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Boinks posted:

Looks like PO'D Cast must have been cancelled. It's not showing up on the site anymore.

Good, Dennis Miller is annoying and he was always in a hurry to get out of there. I listened to a few and compared to Adam, Dennis seems like an amateur broadcaster. Constantly missing the point (with callers) and abruptly going to the ads. They said some higher ups (must be Millers) wanted them to be less blue to get more advertisers, but they read like 4 or 5 ads in a one hour podcast.

Im betting it wasnt Dennis's decision, but his masters.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Hell ya Delta Fu back in da house in the latest podcast.

There is also a weird DFG podcast at the end of Adams podcast which sort of demonstrates to me why the guy who plays DFG doesnt get any work.

Besides Saul of The Mole Men(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0865414/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1) of course

JB50 fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 3, 2015

Beeez
May 28, 2012
And Gerhardt Reinke's Wanderlust.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Fly McCool posted:

Chinese Democracy is actually pretty good

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Just catching up on episodes and god drat does Adams taste in music suck. His hate for the Beastie Boys is totally misplaced. Hey Adam if everybody likes something and you dont that should tell you something.

Graham Parker is boring grandpa music.

Gina Grad still sucks, she always agrees with Adam on everything, adds nothing to the show and she has me missing fake Theresa.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

If he did any research he would know the Beasties were a regular band before they went into rap.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

John Hiatt loving rules though.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Boinks posted:

John Hiatt loving rules though.

Music is so subjective its not really worth arguing about.

Unless you have podcast time to fill though.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Looks like someone missed Finger Poppin time

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
Jesus the christ, Ted Cruz is on the show. Is Adam still going to deny his right wing status after this?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Kaptain K posted:

Jesus the christ, Ted Cruz is on the show. Is Adam still going to deny his right wing status after this?

He had Gavin Newsome on before, does that make him left wing?

Its just a guest.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

If you can get a presidential candidate on your show you just do it.

He didn't say anything too crazy anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

JB50 posted:

He had Gavin Newsome on before, does that make him left wing?

Its just a guest.

counter point: he had gavin newsome on to berate him