Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Donglike Racial Ability: Oh My God That Is Gross. Every 5 rounds, the Donglike has a chance to inflict the Horror status on all enemies it is in melee with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Also, whatever you put in as the character name, everyone in game addresses you as "dickhead".

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Donglike has a per encounter ability to headbutt which causes a stun.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
I was thinking more like an AoE "web" ability

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
If I play a female chanter can I replace the audio with clips from Taylor Swift's Trouble??

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

quote:

Update by Josh Sawyer, Project Director and Brandon Adler, Lead Producer

Hey, everyone. After two and a half years, we're happy that you're finally going be able to get your hands on Pillars of Eternity. It's been a great pleasure to work on a traditional PC RPG again and it wouldn't have been possible without your interest, support, and feedback. We hope that playing Pillars of Eternity gives you the same feelings you had when you played the Infinity Engine games. Many of you have told us how much these games have meant to you over the years. It's always been our goal to recapture that experience as well as we can. We've worked hard to provide you with a beautiful world to explore, flexible systems that allow you to build all the characters and parties you can dream up, and a rich story that responds to the choices you make. Nothing can replace the Infinity Engine games, but we hope Pillars of Eternity is a worthy successor to that heritage.

Thank you again for all you have done.

-Josh Sawyer

If you have questions about redeeming your Kickstarter stuff please go here!

http://eternity.obsidian.net/news/update-92-reward-redemption

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Here's something I just realized.

You know how some locks are the red, forbidden variety? This is one of those games where you can pick the lock and get XP without the action counting as a crime. People only get mad when you actually click to loot the unlocked container.

Captain Concept
Aug 23, 2014

1stGear posted:

Donglike Racial Ability: Oh My God That Is Gross. Every 5 rounds, the Donglike has a chance to inflict the Horror status Splash Damage on all enemies it is in melee with.

Octo1
May 7, 2009

DrManiac posted:

how are the summons? I was thinking about going that route for my chanter but those abilities tend to drop off in usefulness in these types of games.

A first level Invocation can summon a phantom that can stun with its melee attacks. They seem like they'd be pretty useful.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Here's something I just realized.

You know how some locks are the red, forbidden variety? This is one of those games where you can pick the lock and get XP without the action counting as a crime. People only get mad when you actually click to loot the unlocked container.

Similarly: I never saw any consequences for looting Trygil's chest after you kill him coming out of the Skaen dungeon so does that mean that if the owner is dead (or I guess if nobody sees you do it) it doesn't count as a crime either?

Sucks that he doesn't drop the goods in his store though

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Oh god damnit I broke down and pre-ordered this poo poo, I don't even know when I'll have time to play this but just take all my money Obsidian :homebrew::krakentoot:

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Anyone know if there is or will be a description of the changes in the day 1 patch?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Wanted to make a joke about auto-casting Grease (lvl3), but this will do.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

sean10mm posted:

Oh god damnit I broke down and pre-ordered this poo poo, I don't even know when I'll have time to play this but just take all my money Obsidian :homebrew::krakentoot:

I broke down and pre-ordered this over two years ago, I admire your restraint and will power.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Those female death godlikes look a lot better than the male ones. Donglikes should be the 1st modded new race

CFox
Nov 9, 2005

Sir Lucius posted:

If I play a female chanter can I replace the audio with clips from Taylor Swift's Trouble??

If there's not a mod to add in custom sound clips for chants then the internet has failed us all. I want my character to be the deadliest karaoke master in all the land.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm pretty excited for this game. Am I missing out on any pre-order swag by waiting until Friday?

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Firstborn posted:

I'm pretty excited for this game. Am I missing out on any pre-order swag by waiting until Friday?

Just a bracelet and MINIATURE SPACE PIGLET. Nothing major.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
That's it, though? I'm cool with that. I never liked Minsc or that loving hamster anyway.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Also GMG has a really good price in their VIP selection for pre-ordering, so if you're going to get it anyways you may as well take advantage of that.

Hoboskins
Aug 31, 2006

there is a rumour going around that I have found God. I think this is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist
can anyone who played the beta tell me more about how wizard grimoires function? do you still have the ability to copy/research spells you come across into your books? Or is level up the only time you will get to learn new spells. Spoilerish but did anyone come across unique spells (as in ones inaccessible on level up) during their play through.

Is a gun toting wizard a viable build? My understanding is they have an inherent accuracy malice with weapons. Or do you need to stick with spell casting and beating up dudes with your magically charged telephone book.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Oh wow, I forgot all about this! I mostly use a Mac now, are OSX versions available now for both Steam and GOG? Want to know before I choose.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Hoboskins posted:

can anyone who played the beta tell me more about how wizard grimoires function? do you still have the ability to copy/research spells you come across into your books? Or is level up the only time you will get to learn new spells. Spoilerish but did anyone come across unique spells (as in ones inaccessible on level up) during their play through.

Is a gun toting wizard a viable build? My understanding is they have an inherent accuracy malice with weapons. Or do you need to stick with spell casting and beating up dudes with your magically charged telephone book.

Shotgun wizard is totally viable.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Hoboskins posted:

You spend copper to learn spells from other grimoires

Bilharzia
Jul 31, 2014

Hoboskins posted:

can anyone who played the beta tell me more about how wizard grimoires function? do you still have the ability to copy/research spells you come across into your books?
yup.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Scorchy posted:

If you have questions about redeeming your Kickstarter stuff please go here!

http://eternity.obsidian.net/news/update-92-reward-redemption

I got all excited when I saw the screenshots because I thought I could finally go view the Almanac :(

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

So has Donglike made its way around the obsidian office yet?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I'm messaging all my friends on Steam and hard selling them on PoE am I doing the lords work?

rzal
Nov 8, 2007

I spent some time making a gallery of images that were very Amaua like. I think a several of these would be great alternate portraits.

http://imgur.com/a/vL8Iv

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

Captain Oblivious posted:

I got all excited when I saw the screenshots because I thought I could finally go view the Almanac :(

Me too.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

rzal posted:

I spent some time making a gallery of images that were very Amaua like. I think a several of these would be great alternate portraits.

http://imgur.com/a/vL8Iv
0/10, no Street Shark.

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
I don't know which platform I should redeem the code to. Help me!

Easymode
Dec 18, 2005

Valve: "The DOTA community is not "toxic", almost entirely "hardcore".
Has Paradox sent out any keys? I should have used steam.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Boz0r posted:

Steam because literally who cares about Steam DRM. It isn't loving Starforce.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Boz0r posted:

Do you enjoy updating games manually? Yeah, just pick Steam.

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION
Anyone have any idea as to how useful barbarians are in encounters against a single powerful boss type of foe rather than a group of enemies?

From playing around in the beta I just about narrowed my choice of main class down to barb or rogue, but I'm concerned that while barbarians are useful and tons of fun in encounters against large groups of foes they're just not gonna be of much use when fighting, say, one big dragon. All of their offensive abilities seem totally centered on group combat, whereas other offensive classes such as rogue or monk have moves for crowd control as well as single target stuff

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Boz0r posted:

There is nearly no reason at all to not use Steam. Automatic updates alone are worth whatever downside you can conjure up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the answer is always steam

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
All other things being equal i usually opt for Gog because i dont really like even unobtrusive drm like steam but gently caress it man this game will probably update a bunch and the patches will be slower on gog and also need to be downloaded manually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Should I buy this on Steam or Desura?

• Locked thread