Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eighty Seven
Jun 4, 2010
Seriouspost. I work for Verizon and have handled the new S6. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
itt terrible loving opinions

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Yospos bitch!

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
not even

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

sd cards might have made sense a few years ago when it was kind of a pain to have enough storage for all your pictures on your phone since they only came with like 4gb of storage but now every phone ships with 16gb most are shipping with 32gb and you can sync everything to dropbox/icloud/google+(?)

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Setting up a Dropbox cloud storage account is definitely less gay and nerdy than buying a card and putting it in the slot

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

You can't even open the phone up LOL apple fail

Stebe jubs is a genius

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Setting up a Dropbox cloud storage account is definitely less gay and nerdy than buying a card and putting it in the slot

i agree

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

samsung like most things korean are garbage

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

sd cards might have made sense a few years ago when it was kind of a pain to have enough storage for all your pictures on your phone since they only came with like 4gb of storage but now every phone ships with 16gb most are shipping with 32gb and you can sync everything to dropbox/icloud/google+(?)

What if I want to put my music on my phone? Don't say that cloud rear end bullshit either, I'm not using my limited data plan to stream poo poo I should be able to fit on my 64GB microSD card that Samsung decided I didn't need.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

What if I want to put my music on my phone? Don't say that cloud rear end bullshit either, I'm not using my limited data plan to stream poo poo I should be able to fit on my 64GB microSD card that Samsung decided I didn't need.

doesn't google have cloud syncing when you are in wifi? I have used itunes whenever i put music on my phone but that is obviously not an option for you.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

just drag and drop the music you stole, bagmonkey, into itunes, problem solved

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

i am like 80% sure you can put your pirated music on google music and it will let you download a version from the :yayclod:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Apparently with the S6 it has a non replaceable battery and is much more fragile like the iphone. But hey, the screen curves on the side!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Apparently with the S6 it has a non replaceable battery and is much more fragile like the iphone. But hey, the screen curves on the side!

at least you can find it for $50 bucks next month in a burnt out radio shack

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Nonsense posted:

at least you can find it for $50 bucks next month in a burnt out radio shack

nope, samsung is really really stupid and is charging $600 for an unsubsidized s6 which is like $400 more than an unsubsidized s5

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

lol what kind of human being nerd uses cloud storage

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Parallax Scroll posted:

lol what kind of human being nerd uses cloud storage

Does dropbox count if I use it for work? Don't wanna be a fag nerd...

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i have an sd card in my s4. ive taken advantage of this opportunity, i mostly forget about it, but its a nice unnecessary addition. i also dont give a gently caress about phones.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

i want a flip phone

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

McDowell posted:

b) makes sure you can never 100% power off your phone so law enforcement can backdoor in and spy on you at anytime.

can you just keep the sim card out

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
i have an s5, i had a nexus 4 before that, and other than the screen dimensions + resolution the s5 is worse in every way. they have to force you not to uninstall their software cause they know it's horrible

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

or you could just put a pin on your phone since those make them not subject to search.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

McDowell posted:

Not having a removeable battery is

a) a way to gently caress the customer and make them dependent on the manufacturer for any maintenance
b) makes sure you can never 100% power off your phone so law enforcement can backdoor in and spy on you at anytime.
Edge case poo poo that no normal person even thinks about.

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

i have an s5, i had a nexus 4 before that, and other than the screen dimensions + resolution the s5 is worse in every way. they have to force you not to uninstall their software cause they know it's horrible

android is the wrong choice always but if you are going to make the wrong choice and aren't buying a nexus or a motorola you are really really dumb

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

android is the wrong choice always but if you are going to make the wrong choice and aren't buying a nexus or a motorola you are really really dumb

i had an iphone before the nexus 4 and i use an iphone 6 for work and i dont like the iphone for various reasons

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

they are all bad reasons i'm sorry to inform you

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

99 Headmates posted:

Edge case poo poo that no normal person even thinks about.

The normal person is a mouth breathing idiot who wants a disposable toy for facebook.

or you could just put a pin on your phone since those make them not subject to search.

I'm not talking about searches, I'm talking about remotely activating the camera/mic/gps.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

they are all bad reasons i'm sorry to inform you

i'm sure

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

McDowell posted:

I'm not talking about searches, I'm talking about remotely activating the camera/mic/gps.

this is not a thing

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

android is the [least bad] choice...if you...aren't buying a nexus or a motorola you are really really dumb

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

but lets be serious for a second, the nexus 6 is a fuckin joke

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

this is not a thing

Mobile phone (cell phone) microphones can be activated remotely, without any need for physical access.[1][2][3][4][5][9] This "roving bug" feature has been used by law enforcement agencies and intelligence services to listen in on nearby conversations.[10] A United States court ruled in 1988 that a similar technique used by the FBI against reputed former Gulfport, Mississippi cocaine dealers after having obtained a court order was permissible

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

this is not a thing

yes it is stupid

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

but lets be serious for a second, the nexus 6 is a fuckin joke

yea they hosed up

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

Blue Train posted:

Mobile phone (cell phone) microphones can be activated remotely, without any need for physical access.[1][2][3][4][5][9] This "roving bug" feature has been used by law enforcement agencies and intelligence services to listen in on nearby conversations.[10] A United States court ruled in 1988 that a similar technique used by the FBI against reputed former Gulfport, Mississippi cocaine dealers after having obtained a court order was permissible

that might have been a thing on analog cellphones in the 90s but everything is encrypted now

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Does dropbox count if I use it for work? Don't wanna be a fag nerd...

its too late your a fag now

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

that might have been a thing on analog cellphones in the 90s but everything is encrypted now

my gizmo could never be used against me, that is umpossible.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

You've probably never stopped to think about all the funny facial expressions you make when you're busy flinging Angry Birds at Bad Piggies, but if your phone has secretly been turned into a "spy phone," then an attacker could tell you because he or she could snap pictures of you as you play. If you don't play Angry Birds, then don't start feeling smug and secure, because it only took about two weeks for security researchers to write malicious code that can be injected into any Android app on the Google Play store. Although this was originally aimed at Android, don't feel left out, iPhone users, as you too can have your phone turned into a "cyber-surveillance" device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

got an htc one m8 instead of an iphone 5s when my contract was up for renewal .there's nothing good about the m8 outside of the front facing speakers and metal unibody design.

worst decision ever.

• Locked thread