Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

get ready for an awesome raw and then back to the weekly slog, pal

I'm going to continue to not watch anything but PPVs, with the exception of tomorrows Raw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Nash faked a quad tear just to gently caress with people watching.

Kevin Nash is the greatest in the history of this business. I thought it was loving hilarious how the nWo just sort of strolled down to the ring because that was their top speed

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Brock is the best big man of all time

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

zakharov posted:

Well find out at his next appearance in 3 months

he'll probably be at extreme rules

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Paige looked oddly sad when she hugged AJ twice after they won that match, and she said something to her - some people are saying it looked like "I'm really going to miss you."

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

what do you think the rocks power level is?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Cardboard Box posted:

he'll probably be at extreme rules

I was exaggerating because part-time champs annoy me as much as I like Brock

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Once again proving that Kevin Nash is the best.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I didn't see that, but holy poo poo he's the best

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I know Sandow's ceiling is Virgil after he turned on DiBiase but I hope Sandow's ceiling is not Virgil.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
The one thing that annoyed me is that they wouldn't let Rusev kick out of an AA. I think he was the only singles wrestler who didn't get to kick out of his opponent's finisher. It even took two Tombstones to put down Bray, but god forbid Cena looks weak against anyone but Lesnar.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

what do you think the rocks power level is?

Furious 7 is opening this weekend to over 100,000,000 so... over 100,000,000 at least.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

Kevin Nash is the greatest in the history of this business. I thought it was loving hilarious how the nWo just sort of strolled down to the ring because that was their top speed

I mean you don't run to that music. You take your sweet time

Mister E
Oct 2, 2006

by exmarx

Valeyard posted:

I didn't see that, but holy poo poo he's the best

Yeah, when DX took them down on the outside he immediately went to grabbing his leg. It was pretty great.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

POLL: BIGGEST WM31 MARK-OUT MOMENT

a) DX/NWO Old Guy Reunion
b) Taker sit-up/Bray crab walk
c) Rollins cashing in and winning
d) RusevTank
e) Ronda Rousey kicking rear end
f) Other

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Shinjobi posted:

HHH beats Sting in quite possibly the worst loving match I have ever loving seen.

someone's never watched tna

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

I know Sandow's ceiling is Virgil after he turned on DiBiase but I hope Sandow's ceiling is not Virgil.

Speaking of Virgil, when did Adam Rose steal his pants?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

zakharov posted:

d) RusevTank
f) Other

(c) but I marked for all of these things because I am a total mark

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

zakharov posted:

d) RusevTank
f) Other

triple h brandishing two handfuls of terminator skulls

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

zakharov posted:

d) RusevTank
f) Other

I was marking out constantly I marked out so hard and so long I gave myself an actual migraine

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Also HHH/Sting was mediocre, but not nearly close to the worst match ever. The main lovely thing about it was who won.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Just got back from the show. Gut reaction is it was better than last year but I also got a little more drunk. HHH entrance and Ronda were the big highlights for me.

Also, and i say this as a big New Japan fan who is currently wearing a Tatsumi Fujinami shirt, Brock is the loving best pro wrestler in the world right now.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

I was honestly disappointed by Bray/Taker and I wonder how much of it was Bray's injury. The pace just seemed interminably slow.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

How could Rusev loose? He had a loving TANK!

Cena should have one upped him by coming in via helicopter.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

i take everything bad about nash i've ever said back

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

StarkRavingMad posted:

Paige looked oddly sad when she hugged AJ twice after they won that match, and she said something to her - some people are saying it looked like "I'm really going to miss you."

AJ has been phoning it in real bad since she's been back, it's clear her heart isn't into it anymore. Much better for her to get out with her psyche intact.

The door would be open for her to come back if she ever wanted to, I would assume.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Gotta say that JBL's commentary during Sting/Triple H was embarrassingly bad. I was loving cringing at that poo poo.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!

zakharov posted:

I was honestly disappointed by Bray/Taker and I wonder how much of it was Bray's injury. The pace just seemed interminably slow.
Taker really cannot go anymore. He was selling everything like death because he was visibly gassed

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Me and my friends were wondering if this is WWE working the "new kayfabe." In retrospect Rollins cashing in seems obvious, but they pushed Reings so hard, and they did it in a way that played into everyone's expectations that were at least partially influenced by knowledge of Vince's history and the company's backstage workings. If you'd told me a week ago Rollins would interrupt the match to cash in I wouldn't have believed you because it means they aborted anointing their chosen one with the Ultimate Rub completely clean, which seems inconsistent with history and everything we've heard coming out of the rumor mill.

Are they trying to make it so being smart to what's happening backstage makes you into a bigger mark when it counts?

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

TheJoker138 posted:

Also HHH/Sting was mediocre, but not nearly close to the worst match ever. The main lovely thing about it was who won.

does art imitate life or does life imitate art. either way wcw was never going to win

suck it

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Rhonne posted:

Cena should have one upped him by coming in via helicopter.

Evolution is a mystery.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Bard Maddox posted:

I think it was kind of dumb that on Monday Sting said "this isn't about WCW" then Stephanie came out and said "this is about WCW isn't it" then the entire match tonight was WCW vs. WWE

True but that show the disparity between the writers and the wrestlers more than anything.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Sanguinia posted:

Me and my friends were wondering if this is WWE working the "new kayfabe." In retrospect Rollins cashing in seems obvious, but they pushed Reings so hard, and they did it in a way that played into everyone's expectations that were at least partially influenced by knowledge of Vince's history and the company's backstage workings. If you'd told me a week ago Rollins would interrupt the match to cash in I wouldn't have believed you because it means they aborted anointing their chosen one with the Ultimate Rub completely clean, which seems inconsistent with history and everything we've heard coming out of the rumor mill.

Are they trying to make it so being smart to what's happening backstage makes you into a bigger mark when it counts?

being smart to whats happening backstage has always been reserved for the biggest marks of all

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

zakharov posted:

d) RusevTank
f) Other

c, d, e, f (triple h making the perfect helmet to pit toss), b, a in order

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Smoking Crow posted:

someone's never watched tna

That's exactly my point. The WWE tried its best TNA impression, and maybe it didn't out-TNA TNA but it sure as hell made me roll the eyes right out of my head just the same. It was a poo poo match enhanced by my intense dislike for Trips and Nash.

For what it's worth, Reigns is cool with me now. I think he has potential, yes, but rushing him to champion this fast was just stupid. Crisis averted, the WWE can get back to pushing him down everyone's throats again.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

zakharov posted:

d) RusevTank
f) Other

b) but I marked out at all the rest

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Sanguinia posted:

welcome to the reality era

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

beggar posted:

AJ has been phoning it in real bad since she's been back, it's clear her heart isn't into it anymore. Much better for her to get out with her psyche intact.

The door would be open for her to come back if she ever wanted to, I would assume.

her abs are drat near devitt level. thats what i noticed about her besides AJ's Nap Time.

Geoff Peterson
Jan 1, 2012

by exmarx

Sanguinia posted:

I think the HHH podcast with Stone Cold alluded to that a bit, between "But everyone is smart now" and nods towards people reading the dirtsheets/drama/show-behind-the-show (including ESPN giving Masked Man a terrible semi-wheneverhewantstowriteit column). It also makes me wonder how genuine the UFC interest in Brock was... seems like WWE got some major mainstream hype-and story driving- from UFC indicating possible interest and in return one of the UFC's most marketable (and non-cocaine-addicted) stars got some major exposure in front of a combat sports ("sports") audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

sigmachiev posted:

Just got back from the show. Gut reaction is it was better than last year but I also got a little more drunk. HHH entrance and Ronda were the big highlights for me.

Also, and i say this as a big New Japan fan who is currently wearing a Tatsumi Fujinami shirt, Brock is the loving best pro wrestler in the world right now.

Lesnar really makes me believe. Everything he does looks so legit.

• Locked thread